Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Animal Crossing New Horizons (May contain unmarked spoilers)

Will Guide

4 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

I realize that while I love this game, sometimes I feel lonely while playing it. I need to fix that, assuming anyone would want to hang out with me. which I highly doubt

Anyway, here is my Switch friend code: SW-4550-9502-5914

Feel free to add me if you want to chill together in New Horizons.

I keep opening up my gate and yet nobody is coming in to see my Island

4 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I keep opening up my gate and yet nobody is coming in to see my Island

The problem with that is you need to go with or use the dodo codes in order for visitors come in so apparently it's not just friend codes too.

Just so you guys know that there's a limit of 300 friends in your friend list as I saw my friend's screenshot on his friend list so keep it down to a minimum in terms of inactivity and ppl that doesn't have Nintendo switch online service, and/or doesn't play the game often.

if you guys are willing to help out with the stalk market, keep your morning (AM) and afternoon (PM) prices posted here so we can help each other out to make money fast. the AM price determines the morning price which is available when the store opens and lasts up until 12PM (all time zones) which it changes at that time and the PM price will last up until the shop's closing time however you can't get the turnip prices if you haven't got the shop yet and closed for remodeling so keep those in mind. There's no ordinance in NH to help us buy further time to sell turnips however using the time travel is possible and the catch is that if you have turnips while doing the time travel trick, they will spoil in that process so only do this trick when you sold (your) and/or don't have turnips.

7 hours ago, Envy said:

Unfortunately, the villager that first appears in the campsite is also story progression related and has to be invited.

Yeah that was kind of lame. I got Eugene. He’s alright, if kind of goofy. XD

• Brohoof 1

If you have an animal crossing series amiibo, you can use them to invite the villagers you want. I do believe that wolf link and other LoZ animal villagers might be out of the question if you're using LoZ series amiibo. Some of the special characters like isabelle and celeste can't be invited as animal villagers, but you can use them for phototopia.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

The problem with that is you need to go with or use the dodo codes in order for visitors come in so apparently it's not just friend codes too.

Just so you guys know that there's a limit of 300 friends in your friend list as I saw my friend's screenshot on his friend list so keep it down to a minimum in terms of inactivity and ppl that doesn't have Nintendo switch online service, and/or doesn't play the game often.

Good ol Nintendo being behind the times like always.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I visited someone on my Switch Friend list and we didnt share a Dodo code with each other at all. They simply opened their gate and anyone on their friend list could join in I think. So it seems that works better than I expected, which is a relief. In the next day or two I will be opening my gate the moment I get into the game, we'll see how that goes.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Well, I visited someone on my Switch Friend list and we didnt share a Dodo code with each other at all. They simply opened their gate and anyone on their friend list could join in I think. So it seems that works better than I expected, which is a relief. In the next day or two I will be opening my gate the moment I get into the game, we'll see how that goes.

Perhaps I might visit your Island

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Yeeesss! The friend I want to play the game with is already in my Best Friend list so that makes things a lot easier. Only thing is though is that they don’t have the game yet :/

4 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

*happy screams* I UNLOCKED THE ABLE SISTERS!! Mah girls!! MAH SHIP!!

846F9CE9-E867-452E-B998-32EA4E84F1E4.jpeg.420b2aafc8149457826b80b1c2092099.jpeg

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! :love:

The Able Sisters and 2 male neighbors are moving into my town tommorow. And during the times Mabel was selling outside on the Plaza, I bought everything she had for sale, I have a wide variety of clothes to wear by this point

• Brohoof 2

I should have known that when I plotted out the land for the Able Sisters yesterday that meant that I wouldn't get the Able Sisters until tomorrow and not today, but I didn't and now I'm sad.

Didn't Nook's Cranny get built the day after we plotted it? Why do other buildings have to take ages to get? =/ It's an even worse because I plotted out the Able Sisters at like 5AM yesterday morning immediately after talking to her and getting it to plot, meaning it was just in "we're going to construct this mode" for 24 hours... Just construct it already!

Edited by Envy

2 hours ago, Envy said:

I should have known that when I plotted out the land for the Able Sisters yesterday that meant that I wouldn't get the Able Sisters until tomorrow and not today, but I didn't and now I'm sad.

Didn't Nook's Cranny get built the day after we plotted it? Why do other buildings have to take ages to get? =/ It's an even worse because I plotted out the Able Sisters at like 5AM yesterday morning immediately after talking to her and getting it to plot, meaning it was just in "we're going to construct this mode" for 24 hours... Just construct it already!

Patience and not rushing things is one of the things this game teaches. And it's an important virtue.

Also, the Able Sisters needing a full day of construction under a tarp makes sense because unlike the Nook Twins Shop where they required you to collect the materials to have it build, the Able Sisters shop doesn't ask you for building materials and do the construction themselves.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

Patience and not rushing things is one of the things this game teaches. And it's an important virtue.

Pft. I'm all for patience with a lot of things, but getting my character looking how I want her to is not one of those places, so I want this built ASAP. I already had to wait longer to get the Able Sisters then a lot of people who started around when I did, since me starting before 5AM on release day set things off.

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

Also, the Able Sisters needing a full day of construction under a tarp makes sense because unlike the Nook Twins Shop where they required you to collect the materials to have it build, the Able Sisters shop doesn't ask you for building materials and do the construction themselves.

It was said sometime that they're using leftover material from Nook's Cranny.

Edited by Envy

1 hour ago, Envy said:

Pft. I'm all for patience with a lot of things, but getting my character looking how I want her to is not one of those places, so I want this built ASAP. I already had to wait longer to get the Able Sisters then a lot of people who started around when I did, since me starting before 5AM on release day set things off.

It was said sometime that they're using leftover material from Nook's Cranny.

Just time travel. I’m actually not sure if you can change the date and the time around on this game but you could try.

Nook's cranny and able sisters take about a day after the day you setup the plot for them so apparently if you picked a plot for those 2 shops on that day, the next day will be construction and then the day after that will be completed. If isabelle (or tom nook if resident services isn't upgraded) announces that nook's cranny is closed for remodeling on that day, it'll take that certain (or particular) day to be closed and you won't be able to check your turnip prices nor buy and sell items. if you need to buy or sell items, you have to go to a friend's island and buy and sell items on that island, but you can only do that if they have a shop available in between hours of their opening and closing time and not closed for remodel on that day.

6 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Just time travel. I’m actually not sure if you can change the date and the time around on this game but you could try. 

Time traveling is possible. A lot of people have done it. For me, I'd rather not. I already feel like I get too bored too fast with Animal Crossing games nowadays and I haven't ever time traveled since the GCN version. I would like to take this game at the pace it's supposed to so I can keep myself playing. However, stuff like this should have happened quicker. =/

1 hour ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Nook's cranny and able sisters take about a day after the day you setup the plot for them so apparently if you picked a plot for those 2 shops on that day, the next day will be construction and then the day after that will be completed. If isabelle (or tom nook if resident services isn't upgraded) announces that nook's cranny is closed for remodeling on that day, it'll take that certain (or particular) day to be closed and you won't be able to check your turnip prices nor buy and sell items. if you need to buy or sell items, you have to go to a friend's island and buy and sell items on that island, but you can only do that if they have a shop available in between hours of their opening and closing time and not closed for remodel on that day.

I'm pretty sure Nook's Cranny opened up the day after I set up the plot, instead of it being like the Able Sisters where I set up the plot one day, then the next day was construction, and then the next day it opened.

Edited by Envy

There's a rule to time traveling which is that Time traveling forward or backward could potentially spoil your turnips like in the previous games so if you have any turnips, don't time travel. Only time travel when you didn't buy, don't have, or sold all of your turnips on that day.

Anyway If you guys have animal crossing series amiibo, you can use them to get posters from Harvey's phototopia and then when you leave the island, Harvey will call you and say that the posters will be available at nook shopping under special deals category. The posters cost 1k bells just so you guys know and when you invite those characters as a camper, It will not give you the posters

I got myself the 1st golden tool recipe and took me about 2 or more trips back to the store to buy some flimsy axe although I know you guys may ask me "why not craft the flimsy axes?". well there's a particular reason why which is upgrading the shop in the process and doing it for nook miles also materials take up at least 2 spaces in the inventory.

• Brohoof 1

On 3/30/2020 at 12:02 AM, Envy said:

Unfortunately, the villager that first appears in the campsite is also story progression related and has to be invited. Best of luck to everyone that they get someone good.

I got... Hippeaux.

Wew, he's my least favourite villager. When he moved into one of my New Leaf towns, I nuked it before he could move in. I'm willing to try most villagers, and there's only at least 10 I can say I dislike, but man. Hippeux. Undoubtedly my most hated villager. Would delete whole save datas just to make him go away. He looks like he came out of some demonic dungeon lol

I got Hans though, and he's by no means my favourite smug villager (cough I love Olaf cough), but I'll take what I can get. His design is nice for a gorilla

• Brohoof 2

Still no one has visited me. Meh.

Also I've been taking tons of screenshots. Tons. I like recording a lot of things for memories. :3 I'm gonna start sharing some here from time to time, like so:

Bonbon was the first islander I invited via my first trip to another deserted island. She is pretty awesome. She always looks evil and like she is plotting something to take down all the governments of the world. 

IMG_20200331_115550.thumb.jpg.8b07578cd32a2daba6657ca173aaaf48.jpg

SHE KNOWS. 

Also I am already in love with this guy:

IMG_20200331_115553.thumb.jpg.94f314561d6bb9acaa30011680a4b711.jpg

He's pretty dope. He seems really weird like me and he gives bells for bugs out the wazoo. Love it.

14 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Still no one has visited me. Meh.

I tried to visit you. But when I was searching for friends islands to visit over the Wifi, I got nothing