Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone heard of Emily Thompson being the new head of MLP?

Plonkett

Firstly, I don't trust anyone who uses words like "charismatic," "unbridled," "enthusiasm," "awesomeness," and "vivacious" to describe themselves.

Secondly, why is she pointing at that badge with a whine mom's "I can has virtue" face? Should I be concerned?

And thus the head of the MLP franchise transitions from a former Class of 3000 and Foster's alumnus to a former marketing/educational head who gained professional 'prominence' from presiding over the marketing for far more conservative content (I wouldn't exactly deem DisneyToon a particularly creative outlet given their track record as a factory for low-budget TV spinoffs sequels to Disney's most iconic properties prior to evolving into a factory for sequels to a spinoff to one of Disney's most iconic properties concurrent with her tenure there). I'm not necessarily likening this to a major detriment to MLP overall, but it does present a higher possibility of the impending G5 series lapsing into a safer and more didactic (and inferior) general aesthetic than FiM embodied (even following the departure of the original writing team); the goat's worth his cheese in that regard. 

On a related note, I honestly suspect that Meghan's departure from MLP was linked to the development for G5 - I won't reveal any specific details, but the emails leaked a while back indicate that Hasbro appeared to be pushing for a rapid rate of development in addition to a number of changes (particularly regarding AJ, I believe) and restrictions which I recall she generally disapproved of. Reminiscent of Faust's departure much?

Well to be fair I would rather G5 go in a different direction than try and reboot FiM anyhow; I guess given how iconic the Mane cast have become though, that wouldn't be conservative enough for a "marketing professional".

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2020 at 7:39 PM, vgmaster9 said:

Not only did I hear that Megan McCarthy left Hasbro to work on a Netflix series, but now Emily Thompson will be in charge of MLP. Here's her LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/emily-thompson-571b7a7

What do you think this will mean for G5?

So far, the decisions of Hasbro hasn't lead to anything because of COPPA and COVID-19. I don't have high hopes for this Emely Thompson. I hope she is a brony over a sellsman.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...