Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Someone disliking Hawaii for putting pineapples on pizza?

PCutter

I absolutely love pineapple pizza. I eat it when I have the chance.

But some a-hole in my past says it is the "ultimate culinary and cultural sin." What, because you mix two different ingredients, and two different cultures, it's already sh*t?

I distinctly remember that person disturbingly saying, "If I met some Hawaiian fool, I'd knock their teeth out because pizza and pineapples were perfectly acceptable when they weren't mixed together."

I left that person already and have no regrets about it.

Regardless of what you think of pineapple pizza, what do you think of hating an entire  people just because they decided to make something delicious by mixing their culture with another?

I mean, it really isn't my business about what people hate honestly. It's petty for that guy to hate a whole country for its cuisine, I guess, but there's far worse people out there imo :huh:

Hawaiian pizza didn’t originate in Hawaii; it was first made in Canada.

1 hour ago, PCutter said:

Regardless of what you think of pineapple pizza, what do you think of hating an entire country and people just because they decided to make something delicious by mixing their culture with another?

Hawaii isn’t a country either...

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
41 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Hawaii isn’t a country either...

Edited topic.

But is it still right to punch the first Hawaiian or Canadian you see because they added fruit to pizza?

Edited by PCutter

I still don't get the drama caused by pineapple pizza. At first I thought it was just a meme, but sweet Celestia...

Maybe it's not an "acceptable" combination of ingredients culinary art wise, but idk, I tried it and it wasn't a disaster, totally fine. The real crime is pizza with seafood, bleh, I swear I had no idea a pizza can be actually inedible, it even looks disgusting. I always kept saying, that regardless of the ingredients, pizza is always good and I ate these with whatever they had on them. That pizza though... holy balls, it changed my mind. That is where science went too far, yet no one seems to complain. It was disgusting beyond limits, making me question why it exists.

Anyway, there obviously are people who like it and it's their business. There's no need to hate everyone, nor anything because of that, everyone has their own tastes and there are tons and tons of things I personally dislike and it's my problem, not anyone else's. I know I'll never order it myself and that's it. What others will be ordering, I'm leaving it up to them, no need to judge.

I'm not a "fan" of pineapple pizza so to speak, but I don't really see any harm in it, unlike the one with seafood, so I find it intriguing, that people whine only on the pineapple pizza and most importantly - at THAAAAAT scale. EqE4vfd.png

From my perspective it's like this:
NOT EDIBLE = good, this is the real culinary art, approved HJrej9k.png
EDIBLE = why would you do that? people are stupid it's a crime EDQ7xNk.png

---and this blows my mind here. qgWC76l.png

Summarizing, I tried pineapple pizza, I have nothing against that and I really, really don't get those people, who whine about it. --- And even if it was terrible, who cares? There are tons of questionable food in our world and as I said, I don't judge people who will enjoy that nightmare I mentioned. :twi:

Hello, been unactive here for like decades. I was passing by mere coincidence and checking pms when I noticed this discussion and wanted to give my personal contribute.

First off, I'm italian, living in Italy. People tend to be traditionalist as heck here but mostly because older generations hate see their traditions contaminated, especially when talking about food, but at the very end it's a pure matter of tastes. And even between people from the same nationality there's arguing about how a certain food has to be made. Messy, right? Well, here's the "twist"; pineapple pizza is behing slowly accepted by some pizzerias here and there or on request but usually on large cities where tourist "dare" to ask for. Also in the north of Italy there are some special pizzas made with gorgonzola and pears or gorgonzola and apples (and sometimes also nuts or sliced strawberries) as a topping because traditionally many cheeses are consumed with local fruits or honey.

Personally, I have nothing against pineapple pizza and I'm willing to taste it someday. I even met a few fellow bronies that are into slow-food and liked it and we all agree that people should be more open-minded about the concept of food as we did for turkish, indian and asian food (especially sushi!)

@Rikifive: Unfortunately for you, seafood as a topping for pizza is common here. I myself find it gross due to three reasons; the smell, the fact that I'm technically allergic to and because I find it visually disgusting.:please:

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Thuja said:

Heck no, blame Canada, Blame Canada!!!

So it's ok to hit the first Canadian national you meet because s/he comes from a country that invented pineapple pizza?

2 minutes ago, PCutter said:

So it's ok to hit the first Canadian national you meet because s/he comes from a country that invented pineapple pizza?

Nah, I was quoting the "Blame Canada" song from the South Park movie.  Also Canada invented the Hawaiian Pizza...  So...  Blame Canada?  Don't get the blinding hate towards someone for a food though.

• Brohoof 2

25 minutes ago, Dingo_Dash said:

@Rikifive: Unfortunately for you, seafood as a topping for pizza is common here. I myself find it gross due to three reasons; the smell, the fact that I'm technically allergic to and because I find it visually disgusting.:please:

Where I live there's always some of these in the menu, though they appear somewhere at the bottom. Yeah, that sounds familiar. :P The smell, the visuals and the taste - everything completely destroyed. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

This is a topic? You think the person was actually being serious? I'm sure that it was a stupid joke and didn't actually reflect their opinions on Hawaiians.

Aloha.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

This is a topic? You think the person was actually being serious? I'm sure that it was a stupid joke and didn't actually reflect their opinions on Hawaiians.

Aloha.

I left that person because s/he explicitly said s/he was serious about harming Hawaiians because of the pizza's existence.

4 hours ago, PCutter said:

Edited topic.

But is it still right to punch the first Hawaiian or Canadian you see because they added fruit to pizza?

Of course not, it's ridiculous, and 99.999% of people are going to agree that you shouldn't do that :wacko:

2 hours ago, Dingo_Dash said:

Also in the north of Italy there are some special pizzas made with gorgonzola and pears or gorgonzola and apples (and sometimes also nuts or sliced strawberries) as a topping because traditionally many cheeses are consumed with local fruits or honey.

Oh that actually sounds really good! I've been starting to like blue cheese more recently :nom:

2 hours ago, Thuja said:

Heck no, blame Canada, Blame Canada!!!

anyway, I don’t find Hawaiian pizza delectable. Haven’t tried it I confess, but Injust don’t. However, hating a whole society for it’s invention it stupid. It’s I have to state something that should be obvious

If you're gonna hate someone for creating unholy pizza, hate whoever had the idea of putting strawberries and kiwis on pizza (they exist).

Yeah, I don't get how someone can hate a country/state/location based on something so.. inconsequential? Also, it's Canadian pizza as others have pointed out.

I really don't know how to say how detestable this idiot would have to be to hate Hawaiian pizza THAT much. Honestly sounds like they deserve no friends in this world to me. I'd go even further, but I'm not willing to do that here. I'll just say I detest this f***er more than they may even detest Hawaiian pizza, not only because of how immature and senseless they're being, but because it's about a perfectly good kind of pizza.

48 minutes ago, Kamii said:

If you're gonna hate someone for creating unholy pizza, hate whoever had the idea of putting strawberries and kiwis on pizza (they exist).

Also, it's Canadian pizza as others have pointed out.

This is what Canadian Pizza is last I checked...

Canadian pizza — typically includes tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, bacon, pepperoni, and mushrooms; variations exist. The recipe is also known internationally by this name.

24 minutes ago, Angel_Dust said:

This is what Canadian Pizza is last I checked...

Canadian pizza — typically includes tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, bacon, pepperoni, and mushrooms; variations exist. The recipe is also known internationally by this name.

I meant "Hawaiian pizza" is actually Canadian, making it a Canadian pizza :P

14 hours ago, PCutter said:

Edited topic.

I once had to apologize to someone because I referred to Canadian bacon as "Fake Bacon". (I actually do like it!) I felt really bad. I was just trying to be funny, and didn't mean to make someone angry.

I do not understand the hate toward food. If you do not like it - do not eat it. I dislike a lot of food, but I have no problems with other people eating and liking it, as long as they do not try to force me to eat it. 

6 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

I do not understand the hate toward food. If you do not like it - do not eat it. I dislike a lot of food, but I have no problems with other people eating and liking it, as long as they do not try to force me to eat it. 

Same,  there have been moments while growing up I had my aunt try to force me to eat fish one time.  I hate fish personally and refused to eat and ended up at the dinner table for 3 hours in a stand off.   As for fruit on a pizza,  I'm a no on that one.

29 minutes ago, Tao said:

As for fruit on a pizza,  I'm a no on that one.

I personally like pineapples on pizza, though I usually choose some other pizza (since I like spicy food more). I also dislike fish (and birds), but I have no problems with other people eating them.