Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(For men): What do you do when someone tells you to be a man?

Muffinnz

"wow, what great advice! Let me go take some T, grow a beard, and refuse to perform introspection. I'll see how it goes and get back to you!

... Nah dude, go watch some Bob Ross and think about your feelings.

1057602422_bobross.thumb.jpg.a763e8181f4a82fb4b11bfaa39de3be6.jpg

And eat a Snickers ;)

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos
bobby ross
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
(edited)
1 hour ago, Super Splashee said:

Who want to be one in the first place? :eww:

I sure don't! :P

As for the OP question. I tell them to become a giraffe and to also take a long look at themself in the mirror.

Edit - Or I just beat them with a chair while listening to the theme tune to The Magic Roundabout.

Edited by Treeglow Flicker
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I'm personally a fan of wise answers, y'know, like something to do with chromosomes or something.  Like, let's see, you could say, "oh, did I stop being male there for a second?  I guess I forgot to boot up the ol' Y chromosome, there.  Whoopsie."  Or you give a Star Trek Lt. Cmdr Data type response and say, "your logic is flawed.  If one already is male, then they cannot be anything else.  Your suggestion is meaningless."

Or, if you care about the person you're talking to and think that they might actually be reachable by a good argument, then you could try to explain why it's hurtful to tell anyone that they should act more like one sex or the other, implying that they should fit into some traditional gender box.  In this case, it's hurtful to imply that men should always be tough and not have feelings.  It really depends who you're talking to.  If it's someone in a peer group that you don't know very well, ignoring them is probably best.  If it's a family member, an honest conversation is best.  If it's a casual friend, then perhaps just sticking your tongue out and making a fart noise would be appropriate.  You just have to gauge what sort of good could come from which response.

5 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

No one ever tells me that because I'm not a man to begin with. :muffins:

You sure about that? :nom:

As for me, I just tell them to grow up (quite literally lol since I'm taller than 95% of people)

Idrc if I don;t act like what a man is supposed to. People's view of what a man should be like is frankly stupid. 

First I'd stare blankly at them as I am a woman. Then I would go into a lecture about how this notion is misogynistic and complete and utter BS.

• Brohoof 2

If I grew one more ball I won't be a man anymore. I will be some kind of mutant. Impossible to become more man than I already am.

When your a guy and someone tells you to be man it means stop sucking your thumb and be brave. Stop being a sissy.... Its a wake up call. You wouldn't understand it if you aren't a man. So yeah...

So if i was to say that to a person and he was a bi i would say sorry... Because he wouldn't understand what i mean... But if i know that person is a male and isn't bi and tells me that its wrong and stuff id kick him.. because i know him and he knows what i mean and thats how men deal with men being bs...welcome to the world of men...its weird. fun. Sometimes very hard to understand. No ones forcing you to be a man...:)( i placed pinky pies face to show that what i just said is all utter nonsense... Except only real men would know i meant it:okiedokieloki:)

• Brohoof 1