Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it ok for girls to ask guys out?

Muffinnz

Is it ok for girls to ask guys out?  

60 users have voted

1. 1. Is it ok for girls to ask guys out?

• yes
    • no

6 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Man, I WISH a lady was brave enough to ask me out. It's always been ME who had to make the first move. :laugh:

Yeah. Guys are always the ones to ask me out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly brave, I've just never been interested in anyone

• Brohoof 3

No problem with it. Not just because a guy maybe not brave enough, but there can be a situation when a girl is attracted to a guy, and maybe after the first move, the guy would also be interested. So, no para, do it. Our time is limited sadly.

• Brohoof 1

What kind of question is this even? There is a myriad of reasons why a man will not approach  woman which are all deeply rooted in social interactions and expectations. While women face the same fears as men when approaching each other, the conditions are not the same simply due to psychological differences between genders.

It's saddening that questions like these even need to surface at all. This is a one track question that will never get "no" as an answer from logical standpoint. In fact, I will say this. No, it is not only OK for them to do that. They SHOULD do it.

I loved each and every single event like this in my life. Surprise surprise, men also enjoy the feeling of being worth of someone's interest with no provocation. We have self-esteem too and while society taught us not to show scars, they still exist and require attention.

• Brohoof 3

Girls like to play games, and so, while they may want to ask a guy out, they want to be impressed more, and so their desire to be asked in the right way often overcomes their desire to ask themselves. Of course there's nothing wrong with that - it's what makes the game of love interesting.

A grounded, assertive guy is far more interesting to a girl than a coy, timid one. At the same time, guys desire the strength to talk to girls, impress them, make them feel comfortable and adored...this is incredibly hard to do if you're scared. And so a girl asks you out - now what? Will you overcome your fear? Probably not.

I've been asked out by girls many times. None of those relationships ever worked out. In fact, they didn't last more than a few days. I just wasn't that interested, and I felt obligated via flattery to 'give it a try'.

My advice would be - girls should work on their cues and hints, and be ready to deal with rejection. Guys should work on getting over their fear and talk to girls and learn how to listen and watch for the hints, and get ready to deal with rejection. This way, the 'proposal' is negotiated - is this what they both really want? This is the funnest game to play, rather than try to make one feel obligated, and I really feel that guys will tend to feel more obligated than girls from an all out asking.

7 hours ago, Mirage said:

hmmm - and how would you know that? ;)

Heheh well for starters, if you notice her looking at you constantly from the corner of her eye, often bumps into you on purpose (if you see each other a lot in public), twirling her hair while she's around you, or when she gets a bit nervous talking to you might indicate some feelings there.

It's funny though because I've never asked a girl out:laugh: (well there was this one time but that's another story)

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Sondash Studios said:

Heheh well for starters, if you notice her looking at you constantly from the corner of her eye, often bumps into you on purpose (if you see each other a lot in public), twirling her hair while she's around you, or when she gets a bit nervous talking to you might indicate some feelings there.

It's funny though because I've never asked a girl out:laugh: (well there was this one time but that's another story)

Bah - get out there and talk to em. Take the hints!

And you don't have to ask them out - just ask them to do something with you...anything, even if it's just taking a walk together down the hall or something. Girls appreciate attention...even if they're not interested in you romantically, you'll make their day if you pay attention to them, in a good, sincere way.  :D The more girls you know, the more chance you'll meet the right one.

20 minutes ago, Kadae said:

Of course it's okay for anyone to ask another person out, regardless of gender. :twi:

Maybe I read too much into the question...

Of course there isn't a problem - it isn't 'wrong' in our culture (Western culture that is). Unless you live in some theocracy or something, where marriages are arranged, there's not been a taboo about girls asking guys out for um, more than a century at least. The question to me is more - 'Is it ideal for a girl to ask a guy out?'.

I think that makes the idea complex enough for discussion.

But maybe no one wants to discuss it. Just screw it - anything goes. (and just totally ignore all the trouble and tragedy people go through in relationships)

Edited by Mirage

I will leave this vid here. While not perfect, it shows how stuff would work well in current society status.