Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What do you think of high thigh socks or anything similar?

Muffinnz

I'm a guy, and I own a pair :sealed: So would be kinda hypocritical of me if I said guys couldn't wear thigh highs

But also, I've been told I have a femine body shape, so I think I look ok in them

My legs are just hairy (I hate them, nowhere else on my body does so much hair accumulate) So they can look a little strange if you're looking up close, but if you aren't the hair is mostly hidden

I've never worn them in public mostly because it would be embarrassing. They have these pink bows on them, and... :sunny: Yeah, too many reasons not to wear them in public. I don't think they were exactly made for that

I think you can wear whatever you want, ok?

Just, be prepared for some bigot to give you a tough time if you wear them in public. And make sure you can pull off feminine, it doesn't work for everyone.

Also, I always feel the need to explain this because of certain assumptions people make. It's not a sexual thing for me. I just like feeling feminine sometimes. I know there are people who it is like that for, but thinking about it like that makes me uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable. So don't think I'm like that.

On 2/6/2020 at 2:12 AM, Booker said:

I  think they look comfortable, and I don't see why anyone can't wear them. Unless you're tall like me, because then they'd just end up being closer to knee-length socks. I'd probably pick up a pair and give them a try if it weren't for that.

Well they do make them at different lengths for that reason, I'm not entirely sure where you could get a longer pair but maybe that's something? Idk

3 hours ago, Altastrofae said:

I'm a guy, and I own a pair :sealed: So would be kinda hypocritical of me if I said guys couldn't wear thigh highs

But also, I've been told I have a femine body shape, so I think I look ok in them

My legs are just hairy (I hate them, nowhere else on my body does so much hair accumulate) So they can look a little strange if you're looking up close, but if you aren't the hair is mostly hidden

I've never worn them in public mostly because it would be embarrassing. They have these pink bows on them, and... :sunny: Yeah, too many reasons not to wear them in public. I don't think they were exactly made for that

I think you can wear whatever you want, ok?

Just, be prepared for some bigot to give you a tough time if you wear them in public. And make sure you can pull off feminine, it doesn't work for everyone.

Also, I always feel the need to explain this because of certain assumptions people make. It's not a sexual thing for me. I just like feeling feminine sometimes. I know there are people who it is like that for, but thinking about it like that makes me uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable. So don't think I'm like that.

I have tight highs, they are very good when it's freezing, but not wearing them public too, or under my trousers.

3 hours ago, Rixton said:

I have tight highs, they are very good when it's freezing, but not wearing them public too, or under my trousers.

Yeah, not really great for public use unless you're using them in cosplay for a con or something. I've always wanted to cosplay as a female character. Saying that out loud kinda sounds lowkey degenerate but ima ignore that for now lol. Or maybe a trap. That might work better because then my cosplay would even be biologically accurate lmfao, my mind is a strange place :adorkable:

I'm a man and I wear them. Love the look, very cute. Need to get more and more outfits that go with them. 

However, I love showing off my legs so wearing songs that long kind of hide them, so needs to be the exact perfect weather to wear them. Don't wanna sweat in them, and wanna be warm and thigh highs won't cut it alot of the time. 

Edited by Misscellanio
  • Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

I'm a man and I wear them. Love the look, very cute. Need to get more and more outfits that go with them. 

However, I love showing off my legs so wearing songs that long kind of hide them, so needs to be the exact perfect weather to wear them. Don't wanna sweat in them, and wanna be warm and thigh highs won't cut it alot of the time. 

I haven't wanted to show off my legs since puberty decided all my body hair would go there

They're not that nice looking

I tried shaving them and it was an absolute pain both because it wasn't exactly easy, but also because I was having extreme emotions at the time, so now there is a single strip on my leg that is slightly less hairy than the rest. I never finished because it was that painful lol

Edited by Altastrofae

9 minutes ago, Altastrofae said:

I haven't wanted to show off my legs since puberty decided all my body hair would go there

I tried shaving them and it was an absolute pain both because it wasn't exactly easy, but also because I was having extreme emotions at the time, so now there is a single strip on my leg that is slightly less hairy than the rest. I never finished because it was that painful lol

Well hair does grow there, but like you can shave. And yea shaving the first time feels daunting and maybe even difficult (I personally never had any trouble) but it's not that hard. You might need a sensitive skin razor (the ones I have) if you're worried about cutting yourself and of course need shaving cream, make sure to rinse your razor, etc. If you shave your face pretty much the same thing except hair on the face is much more coarse, so possibly using the same kind of razor on your legs could leg to cuts. 

So that's one thing. Idk what you consider nice looking legs. If you think your legs just don't look good and want to show them off then maybe try leg exercise. Lunges, squats, running, inclined running, etc. 

5 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

Well hair does grow there, but like you can shave. And yea shaving the first time feels daunting and maybe even difficult (I personally never had any trouble) but it's not that hard. You might need a sensitive skin razor (the ones I have) if you're worried about cutting yourself and of course need shaving cream, make sure to rinse your razor, etc. If you shave your face pretty much the same thing except hair on the face is much more coarse, so possibly using the same kind of razor on your legs could leg to cuts. 

So that's one thing. Idk what you consider nice looking legs. If you think your legs just don't look good and want to show them off then maybe try leg exercise. Lunges, squats, running, inclined running, etc. 

Well heres the thing, and I feel stupid for even thinking this would work out

I use an electric shaver for my face. Specifically designed FOR. MY. FACE.

I, of course, have no experience with manual shaving

So I thought "Oh, this'll work fine on legs"

I barely started before it got clogged with hair ;-;

Oh I just meant I don't think hairy legs look good

Edited by Altastrofae

5 minutes ago, Altastrofae said:

Well heres the thing, and I feel stupid for even thinking this would work out

I use an electric shaver for my face. Specifically designed FOR. MY. FACE.

I, of course, have no experience with manual shaving

So I thought "Oh, this'll work fine on legs"

I barely started before it got clogged with hair ;-;

Oh I just meant I don't think hairy legs look good

Maybe start trying manual shaving? Much better smoother looks if you desire to show off your legs. If you just don't like hairy legs then using a machine works fine. That's what I do if I'm just gonna cut real quick.

Hmmmm....I never heard of a machine razor that is designed for the face and can't cut body hair. But I'm assuming that means you have VERY HAIRY legs, probably much more hair then what is on your face. If your hair is THAT LONG then that means you need to trim first and then shave with the machine. Or could mean you need a machine razor that could handle more hair (don't know much without know about your machine). I know when my hair gets long (on my face or etc.) I trim it first and then go over it with a manual razor or the machine. 

8 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

Maybe start trying manual shaving? Much better smoother looks if you desire to show off your legs. If you just don't like hairy legs then using a machine works fine. That's what I do if I'm just gonna cut real quick.

Hmmmm....I never heard of a machine razor that is designed for the face and can't cut body hair. But I'm assuming that means you have VERY HAIRY legs, probably much more hair then what is on your face. If your hair is THAT LONG then that means you need to trim first and then shave with the machine. Or could mean you need a machine razor that could handle more hair (don't know much without know about your machine). I know when my hair gets long (on my face or etc.) I trim it first and then go over it with a manual razor or the machine. 

Yeah my legs are very hairy, I'm assuming you don't have alot, but allow me to paint you a picture. After I've done my mornkng routines and my acne isn't out of control, I look like your stereotypical twink

Then you see my legs and think "what the actual fuck, you are the last person I'd expect to have legs that hairy! Why is the volume of hair on your legs so disproportionate to that of the rest of your body???"

44 minutes ago, Altastrofae said:

I mean that's why if they are that hairy then use the electric Razer first.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Altastrofae said:

Yeah my legs are very hairy, I'm assuming you don't have alot, but allow me to paint you a picture. After I've done my mornkng routines and my acne isn't out of control, I look like your stereotypical twink

Then you see my legs and think "what the actual fuck, you are the last person I'd expect to have legs that hairy! Why is the volume of hair on your legs so disproportionate to that of the rest of your body???"

I mean I don't have alot because I shave soooo yea XD

Shave the rest of my body too. Besides my arms. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

UwU my favorite pair of clothings are my thigh high socks. No no silly bois these are mine. Oh wait you did not want the socks ÙwÚ they look great on anyone that loves thigh high socks. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

• 2 months later...
(edited)
On 2/6/2020 at 12:00 AM, Muffinnz said:

What do you think of high thigh socks or anything similar?

I think they look pretty good on Twiggles B)

Spoiler

large.png

Look at that smexy mare, she knows exactly what she's doing and I don't want her to stop :P

Now as for people wearing thigh-highs, I'd say go for it. Wear whatever you want to, it doesn't affect me :fluttershy:

Edited by King of Canterlot

• 3 months later...

Yes thigh highs are for people who want to stand above the rest, for them having simple socks is not enough they need thigh high socks for ultimate sock performance. Obviously everyone knows this I'm sure, some might not know however is just how nice they feel and look. Everyone should have a pair.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94