Illiad Easle

Private A Cultural Exchange 1x1 with Sherem

@Sherem

It was still dark outside when Midnight came to Sherem's room to get him. He would knock politely at the door first, then if Sherem didn't wake up or didn't answer he would enter the room to wake him up more directly, he had a bit of an excited air to him, "Come on, we've got to get a move on. If we're lucky there'll still be food there when we arrive."

Once he was sure Sherem was awake he would step out of the room, "Make yourself presentable, they'll appreciate it."

Sherem would find Midnight waiting in the hall for him, once he was in the hall Midnight would start off towards the front gate at a trot, the excitement only building on his face.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

he still yawned, he was hoping he would get some more rest, but he didn't complain about anything and said "my lord, can I know about what is going on? You said you had something to show me, but the "presentable" part what about that? are we meeting representatives of archback? and if so, isn't still a bit early for other ponies" he was having a hard time to process all of the info and the event, but he would not protest.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

@Sherem

Midnight only responded with a coy smile, "I'm not going to spoil the surprise, but not, it's not Archback representatives, you've met plenty of those already."

Midnight would lead the way out the front of the castle, a thin layer of snow covered just about everything, only faint lights shown from the houses on the side of the mountain, but bright lights were visible out in the forest.

Midnight took a deep breath once he was outside, "There's something magical about the first snowfall isn't there?"

He wouldn't wait for a response before he continued his trot down the mountain, headed down the path that would lead towards Mohotma City, and further on to the gathering of lights in the Shimmerwood Forest. There were a few other early risers out on the road, and they would wave as the two of them passed, and Midnight would return the waves in kind not losing a beat.

He would slow his pace if Sherem asked him to, otherwise he wouldn't slow down until they had crossed all the way through the thatch and adobo buildings of Mohotma City and the wheat fields on the far side, until they reached the edge of the forest where they were met by a pair of thestral guards.

Midnight nodded to the guards and they returned the nod, "I hope we're not too late?"

One of the guards shook his head, "The party goes on till the last bat drops, there's still a good few hours till they all tire themselves out. Stick to the paths and have a safe journey."

The guards would part so they could continue.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

Sherem bowed a bit to the guard as a gesture of greeting and thanks for the information, he though about what the guard said "until the last bat drops...that means we are meeting the batponies of  archback in some kind of celebration" he deduced, he was sure of his answer but he would welcome to be wrong "this is why you asked me to come with you at..." he looked at the moon and made some calculations and said "2 am in the morning?"

• Brohoof 1

Badges

@Sherem

Midnight nodded, "Astute, though it's closer to 4 am, and while the Fastar Clan is friendly to Archback they are wholly independent, one of the last thestral clans to remain that way. They're mostly nocturnal so the best time to see them is in the very early morning or late in the evening. Were it not for the fact that today is the celebration of their founder's passing I'd take you to see them in the evening. Nonetheless, now is a most opportune time to see them at their best."

It wouldn't be long before they could hear the music, jovial for what was supposed to be the anniversary of a funeral, the instruments were mostly woodwinds, which made sense given their surroundings.

Soon enough they entered a clearing, surrounded on all sides by towering trees with platforms and houses embedded in the sides similar to Archback and the mountain. All around there were thestrals of all shapes sizes and colors, not one of them lacked a pure blooded trait.

They were soon set upon by a bunch of younger thestrals, "It's the lunar lover!" Midnight faintly blushed under his black coat at the name, but was quick to engage the young ponies by posing for them and allowing them to stand on his back. Many of them were looking closely at the many scars that crossed his barrel and flanks. There were a few who's attentions were diverted to Sherem with varying degrees of curiosity, "Are you his brother?"

Badges

he was about to fall for such a commentary, he then regained composure, and said "no no no, I'm not the brother of my lord I'm just a visitor that his grace has allowed to come with him" he also could not help but to crack a giggle for that nickname knowing the story of Midnight and Luna, moon lover sounded like something out of a novel. But he tried to keep his composure the best he could to not appear disrespectful to anypony "I'm here to learn...and maybe if our lord will allow it to have a good time perhaps?" 

• Brohoof 1

Badges

@Sherem

The young thestrals seemed impressed nonetheless, and would give him the same close scrutiny that they were giving Midnight. If they found any scars on him they would ask about them.

23 hours ago, Sherem said:

"I'm here to learn...and maybe if our lord will allow it to have a good time perhaps?"

Midnight looked a bit incredulous, "You think I'd bring you to one of the biggest celebrations this side of the continent and not intend for you to have a good time?" he laughed, "Enjoy yourself, you deserve that much."

Midnight was led away by the thestrals who took him over to a sort of amphitheater, he would entertain the gathered foals with stories of his younger days. Sherem would be able to listen in if he went over.

On the other side of the clearing there were more adult thestrals and the smell of food and stronger drink as well as a shimmering white marble shrine of some sort that some of them seemed to be paying homage to.

If Sherem inspected the shrine he'd find it depicted a twisted wooden staff with a large gemstone at the top. The podium was engraved: 'Upon this foundation, many great things shall be accomplished. ~Fastar

• Brohoof 1

Badges

On 9/16/2020 at 10:46 PM, Illiad Easle said:

Midnight looked a bit incredulous, "You think I'd bring you to one of the biggest celebrations this side of the continent and not intend for you to have a good time?" he laughed, "Enjoy yourself, you deserve that much."

Did he deserve that much? he thought to himself, he didn't do, or at least he didn't feel, like he did anything worth honoring or did much at all to allow himself to enjoy life. The hard setting of the things that Sheoreth did still hung up on his mind and that he had to atone for all of that one way or another before allowing himself to enjoy life or at least to deserve anything. Nonetheless he kept all of these thoughts to himself and walked around the party

On 9/16/2020 at 10:46 PM, Illiad Easle said:

If Sherem inspected the shrine he'd find it depicted a twisted wooden staff with a large gemstone at the top. The podium was engraved: 'Upon this foundation, many great things shall be accomplished. ~Fastar

He watched over this staff a bit hypnotized by it but keeping a respectful distance from it, he decied not to be a burden to this party or his lord so to sorta blend in he saw if he could get any drinks to himself and watched over a higher point to all the festivites around. It seemed that this celebration was not just for the joy and the giggles, there surely had to be a bigger reason for this event as he tried to figure out of what was the reason out of what he learned in his studies, yet he could not recall anything. he then found a little hill that was in the area of the party and sit there watching over all of it.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

@Sherem

The drinks were plentiful both in quantity and variety, so it wouldn't be difficult to get some. They seemed to be mostly spiced beers, though there were a few harder liquors mixed among them. The food selection on the other hoof was a bit less standard, most of the items looked to incorporate meat in some way or another, usually it was some sort of fish, but there was the occasional rabbit or bird meat mixed among them. There was a seperate, smaller area that had more standard Equestrian fare, but it was largely ignored by those in attendance.

Sherem wouldn't be sitting on the hill long before a thestral mare took a seat beside him at a respectable distance. She had a small plate of some of the fish based items, "You certainly stand out, what brings you to our festival?"

• Brohoof 1

Badges

Sherem smiled as he closed his eyes, thinking about it and then pointed with his hoof at Midnight "the very answer is my lord" he chuckled and took a drink and he also had a lot of food from the ignored equestrian food there, he was hungry after all but he wanted to show respect to those that made that food even if it meant being the only one that would eat it at the party. He then looked at the the threstal mare and said "I just hope I'm not much of a nusianse in this party after all" he said as he again ate what he got form the equestrian table.

Badges