Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Cultural Exchange 1x1 with Sherem

Illiad Easle

@Sherem

(Celestia)

Nightshade nodded, "Well said, we will now open the floor for grievances to be aired."

There was a bit of a commotion as differing nations vied to speak first. Nightshade pounded his gavel until the room was silent again, "Ambassador Case, I believe your grievance is the longest standing, you may proceed."

The grey unicorn sitting at the desk marked Troy stood to address the council, "As many of you already know, the nation of Troy was once a province of the Kingdom of Equestria, situated along the southern border it covered what we now refer to as the San Palomino Desert and much of the Mild West territory. Just four days after Princess Luna's banishment, The Trojan province completed its revolution, declaring its independence from Equestria. However," he turned to Celestia, "Equestria has yet to formally recognize Troy as an independent nation, leading to the following grievances: Not recognizing the political and social autonomy of Troy, Encroachment on the official territory of the Trojan Empire, the Moving of troops and civilians through Trojan territory without authorization, and The settling of the city identified as Appaloosa within Trojan protected lands reserved for the Buffalo tribes."

The grey unicorn sat down, and the council turned their eyes to Celestia, "What is your response to these grievances? How do you intend to restitute or refute these claims?"

• Brohoof 1

Celestia ketp her regal aura and demeanor and said "While it is true that the nation of Troy has requested their independence from equestrian rule, me and my sister we have observed certain oddities in the claim of independence of the nation" she summoned some documents and made the case that some anomalities had been found in the guard, and the weapons that where not authorized by the two sisters where being passed by Troy, untill this matter of potential smugling would not be solved Troy could not give the independence that Nightshade spoke off. It was cleary that celestia was willing to negotiate but she would not be seen as weak until rational demands where solved.

(Sherem)

Sherem walked out outside and saw as the first cones of snow started to fall in archback as he looked at the sky, thinking remembering, allowing himself to be weak now that Sheoreth is under control.

(Check the OCC)

@Sherem

(Celestia)

There was quite a bit of murmuring in the Council after her statement, the documents produced by her were magically copied after being shown to Sir so that all present could view them.

The grey unicorn stood again, a bit of anger in his expression and voice as he spoke, "You dare say our claim for independence is, Illegitimate?! For the cause of our guard using and moving weapons you don't approve of? I'll have you and the Council know that those weapons and their movement were crucial to the success of the revolution, and furthermore it seems quite authoritative to stipulate that a nation must obey your laws in order to become independent from your laws. THAT is exactly the reason why the Trojan Province left in the first place. Furthermore," he sighed, calming significantly, "The Trojan Empire is willing to cease all of its smuggling operations in regards to Equestria on the condition that our independence is recognized and free trade between our nations permitted. You may not agree with our guards' weapons or tactics but they are in compliance with the guidelines set forth by the Security Council."

Attention turned back to Celestia, a number of the faces were a bit friendlier towards her now, it seemed her standing up to Troy and defending herself had earned her some measure of respect.

(Sherem)

Sherem wouldn't have long to ponder before a young pegasus landed beside him, "Hi there! I don't think I've seen you before, and you're definitely the sort I'd remember seeing!" The pegasus colt had a light orange coat with a white mane and white wingtips, he surprisingly seemed to have two tails, one orange and the other white, which seemed to move independently or each other.

• Brohoof 1

(Council)

Celestia nodded and said "We know that you are in your right to choose your own destiny either as a nation or kingdom, we all have that freedom to choose, we only ask that regulations are made and Troy will get the independence, Princess Luna really supports your claim" she said as she took seat again looking at the unicorn expecting the answer that it would be an official agreement

(Outside)

"My apologies, I did not meant to invade anyone's place, i just came outside for some air and to greet the snow that is coming to equestria" he said as he looked at the Pegasus and gave a small reverence in sing of apology

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

(Council)

Nightshade was the one to respond, "The Council reports that the Trojan Empire is in good standing and currently in compliance with all applicable regulations imposed thereby. If Equestria feels other regulations ought to be imposed that can be discussed once Equestria is a full member and themselves in compliance with the Council's regulations. As it stands today, The Council hears that Equestria will formally recognize the Trojan Empire as an independent nation, the Trojan Empire will cease their smuggling operations in regards to Equestria, and both will open their borders to trade between the two nations." He would look up at the two of them, "Is that acceptable?"

The grey unicorn would sigh, but nod, "As I proposed I do so accept."

[Assuming Celestia agrees to it as well]

Nightshade would nod, "That being settled, we'll move on to the next grievance. Zulu, you have the floor."

A zebra mare stood, there was a bit of surpressed anger on her face as she steadied herself to speak, "As all gathered are well aware, Equestria's treatment of zebra is far from fair. Over a thousand years ago it began, when Equestrian ponies came to our land." She took a deep breath, "They started by taking our prisoners and criminals, but their greed was not sated, within a decade any able bodied zebra was a candidate for enslavement. Their brutal oppression of our herds has resulted on the loss of millennia of our oral history, the near extinction of our soothsayers and witchdoctors, the near eradication of our culture. Were it not for the decisive action of The Black Knight, we would not be where we are today." She turned to Celestia, "The united tribes and herds of Zebrica require the following: " she help up a paper, "That Celestia formally apologize for the treatment of our ancestors. That Equestria contribute to the reconstruction and rediscovery of lost and destroyed cities in Zebrica. And that the practice of the following 'dark arts' be legalized for zebra in Equestria: Soothsaying, Prophecy, Communicating with the Dead, and Necromancy, so that we can recover the traditions and practices of our ancestors as well as our lost oral history."

(Outside)

The pegasus chuckled as he shook his head, "No no no, you're not invading anyone's place. I just wanted to see who you were! I heard Princess Celestia was visiting so I thought you might be her." he shrugged before extending a hoof in greeting, "I'm Wind Surfer, but most ponies here call me Tails. What's your name?"

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Agreeing to the last bit for the troyan soon to be independent nation  she nod and now Celestia faced another claim so she sit again and listened to the zebra that spoke for the Zebrica Kingdom.

(Zebrica Kingdom)

Celestia remained silent during the making of the case, she thought this would be a tough one, definitely she could not deny the use of slavery during the first days of the kingdom. A necessary evil that she and Luna agreed on. After the revolts of Midnight and Sir the point was they now demanded legalization of their practices, some of them she really could not condone like necromancy. She understood the logic of them talking to the dead for wisdom and guidance. But raising them from their graves so they could serve either a pony or a nation is wrong in all sense, in her mind she prepared the case.

(outside)

he would chuckle and say "Do I look like a mare to you?" he then said "I'm Sherem newly apoitned knight by our lord Sir, pleased to meet you"

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

(Council)

The eyes returned to Celestia's side, while before most had looked on with ire, now many seemed intrigued, wondering how she would respond to such accusations. Given their spread across the globe zebra had a sizable portion of the votes in the council, having them against her would definitely hinder any future efforts she may have planned for the council.

Nightshade directed his attention to Celestia as Zulu took her seat, "Princess Celestia, your response?"

(Outside)

Wind shrugged, "I mean, from a distance, kind of?" he quickly bounced back to his more jovial nature, "Nice to meet you too Knight Sherem. If you don't mind me asking, I've never heard of alicorns other than the Princesses of Equestria, are there more alicorns like you out there? Some place where alicorns come from?"

• Brohoof 1

(council)

then celestia stood up a again and spoke "We cannot deny what had happened in the years that where the start of the kingdom of equestria, nopony will ever forget the slavery treatments that the zebras went through those times, families torn apart lashes, whips, forced labor. And we realize we cannot change the past, but we can hope to build something better today and now. Necessary evils, that me and my sister will pay for one way or another, I formally not only apologize" she went in front of Zulu and bowed down "I beg for the forgiveness of the Zebra kingdoms" 

(Outside)

"there is only one alicorn that was born an alicorn, and that is the little princess Flurry Heart at the crystal empire. But alicorns are made not born mostly, we earn our accession, mine is a loooong story you won't want to hear" he said as he sit and snow fell from the sky

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

(Council)

While her plea for forgiveness surprised many of the delegates in a good way, her words did not resonate quite as well with the zebra in the room. Zulu for one was almost shaking with rage, "A Ne... Neci...." She closed her eyes and took a furious deep breath, "A Necessary Evil? A Necessary Evil?" She stood with her forehooves on the desk so she could stand higher than the bowing alicorn, "May the earth deny you rest."

Such a statement drew some shocked gasps from the nearby zebra who heard, Zulu stared down at Celestia for a moment longer before abruptly turning away, leaving the room at a brisk yet dignified response.

The room was silent for a few moments after the door closed behind her, then the zebra who shared her desk stood to speak, "We apologize for the outburst of our associate. She did not speak for all of us in her words. The united herds and tribes of Zebrica will only forgive when proper restitution has been made according to the reasonable requests that representative Zulu stated."

(Outside)

Wind looked surprised, "What? Are you saying that Celestia and Luna weren't always alicorns? What were they then, before they were alicorns?" He shook his head with a bit of a sheepish expression, "Sorry, I shouldn't burden you with so many questions about others. I understand if you don't want to share too much, I mean you hardly know me, but... could I ask what you were before? It's just so strange to think about how they, and you, were once normal ponies like me."

• Brohoof 1

(council)

Celestia returned to the center "a sacrifice that was made by unwilling ponies was made in those years, we cannot change the past now¨" Celestia now stood firm and Said "me and my sister understand that every kingdom has their culture and customs. We respect the idea of commune with those who has passed away, too look wisdom, too look for guidance when needed, we can accept all this. However the necromancy is something we cannot, for two reasons. 1. we all have a cycle in life that we must fulfill whether be with a great destiny or not, once that cycle has ended we pass to another state to continue our journey. 2. We rest this is why we say "rest in peace" the time is up and we did all we could during our life time. And this brings me to another piece of information" she was passed another paper by one of her guards "after the escape and revolt of the zebra slaves, they were officially out of our jurisdiction and our rule, and seeing now that the zebra kingdoms now have their allegiance with the Archback kingdom, we cannot tell or sanction the cultural practices of a kingdom that is not under our jurisdiction, this is also why we never made any attempts to reclaim the slaves of the now extinct royal houses that where the patrons of slavery"

(outside)

"as for the first, no one except them they know, as for the question of what was I, I was a pegasus before I acended, the fact that the kingdom has little knowlege of the alicorns is a bit worrisome to be honest" he chuckled "we were all once normal, but think that becoming an alicorn is both a privilege and a burden at the same time Wind"

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

(Council)

Celestia was not doing herself many favors with the zebra delegates, who seemed more agitated by her words. Two of them stood to speak, but after a shared look the oldest looking one remained standing while the others sat, this one was representing Zebrica itself, the zebra homeland. "You claim to understand and respect the great cycle, claim to understand our customs and practices. However, you yourself stand as evidence of the contrary! An immortal ageless being, unchanged by the thousands of years you've lived. You stand apart from the cycle yet claim to know it. Furthermore..." he pulled out documents of his own, "While you may not have personally attempted to recover the escaped slaves, you did nothing to stop said houses from recovering their slaves, nor did you prevent their continued efforts to enslave others. Need we remind you? Those houses are only extinct because our great liberator saw to their executions personally. You are right when you say you cannot decree what is practiced in other nations, we did not ask your permission, we require that you allow our practices to be practiced by those zebra who remain in Equestria."

The elder stallion stared hard at Celestia, "Nonetheless, we can stand on higher ground. We will respect your ways and ask that our shamans not practice necromancy within your borders, provided all our other demands are met."

That said, the stallion sat, all eyes were on Celestia again. There were many conflicted by their comments on the cycle of life and Celestia's own apparent agelessness.

(Outside)

Wind nodded with a bit of a smile, "A pegasus like me? Wow! Does that mean I could become an alicorn myself someday?" He sighed, "No, that's just silly. I could never be so important. I guess everyone sees the princesses as so unapproachable, so apart from the rest of us, that many see them more as figures or ideas rather than actual real ponies. I mean, I never really thought of Princess Luna as a pony like me, I guess I always saw her as a tragic hero, the lost mother driven to grief by her sister's actions."

He shook himself from his wonderings, "Sorry, I tend to ramble some times. Mom tells me that's why I don't have many friends, because I talk too much about things I don't understand."

• Brohoof 1

(council)

then Celestia said " let's precise two points about the last statements" she still stood at the center "alicorns have long lifespans true, but we are not eternal nor immortals" she said "we may live for thousdands of years, but that dosen't mean we cannot pass away due to natural causes or other kinds of death therefore my statement of all in the cycle applies to all of us" Celestia then turned to the other point "further more about the "Zebras" living on Equestrian soil, there is only one known zebra named Zecora who does same practices with spirits, but she states that necromancy is off limits for her as well for she considers to be against her beliefs, henceforth she was allowed to have her freedom of customs and practices. No other Zebra that is known following the results of the last inspection and census lives in Equestria, making the point of the demands void and seeing that the kingdoms of Zebras have their allegiance with the kingdom of archback, as the kingdom of equestria we have no authority or saying in the pratices of the zebras, this is is matter directly taken with The Archback kingdom and if the archback kingdom will allow all the practices including necromancy falls on the jurisdiction of Archback. We are open to other zebras coming to the kingdom of equestria, but the laws against necromancy still stand, further from that all practices of culture and customs are allowed for the zebras"

(outside)

Sherem sighed a bit exasperated...the matter of making celestia the villan was just annoying for him, he understood that archback kingdom had a bone to pick with Celestia, but he kept that to himself "that could be well be true wind, you tend to tread on matters you need more info and jump to them pretty quick, this I think should be a matter you should work on" he said respectfuly.

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

(Council)

(I was surprised to discover that Zecora is in fact the only zebra mentioned in the show, I'd have thought that they'd have introduced more over the show's life. Nonetheless I think it highly unlikely that she's literally the only one in all of Equestria)

The elder zebra simply nodded, "Perhaps, perhaps not. Do not misunderstand however, our presence here does not indicate any sort of allegiance. Archback may host this council, but they in no way rule it. We owe our allegiance to none but our own, and all those gathered here have agreed to the protection of our customs within their lands."

Nightshade sought to regain control of the council, "We're straying from the focus of this meeting, your personal issues with the Princess can be settled in their own hearing or in private Elder Shaka." He turned to Celestia, "With the exception of Necromancy you state you are in agreement to the protection of cultural norms of all zebra living within your borders, current and future, correct? Do you also agree to their other reparations, namely: That Equestria contribute to the reconstruction and rediscovery of lost and destroyed cities in Zebrica?"

[If Celestia dissents we'll address that before moving on]

[If she assents]

Nightshade would nod, "Let's move on then, Cervidas..."

A reindeer stood, "Would like to withdraw their complaints against Equestria."

A deer stood furious from across the room, "Those aren't yours to withdraw!"

Nightshade's gavel silenced the outburst, "All complaints belong to the nation that submitted them, and unfortunately Cervidas was the only nation when the complaints were submitted. Due to the unique circumstances we will allow you to resubmit them at the end of the meeting."

Both the deer and reindeer sat, the latter much more smug than the first.

Nightshade continued, "Following then, the Thestral Clan Fastar."

A Thestral stood at their desk, "Our grievance is simple, in the centuries following the banishment of Princess Luna our kind have been vilified and attacked. Stripped of their place in the guard and forced out of many Equestrian cities. Furthermore, once independant tribes were weakened by predatory Equestrian businesses, unable to trade with others due to their locations surrounded on all sides by Equestria, they have been diluted or even fully dissolved into Bat Ponies who can hardly be called true thestrals."

She looked over at Celestia with a sad tired expression, "We recognize that with the return of Princess Luna many bat ponies and thestrals are returning to their ancestral posts. We understand that the dissolved tribes cannot be restored, nor do we ask Equestria to. Our only request is that the remaining pure tribes be granted protection against such predatory practices and that they be granted free travel through Equestrian territory so that they need not be cut off from their fellow tribes."

The thestral mare sat down.

(Outside)

Wind looked a bit chastised by Sherem's rebuke, "Oh, yeah... sorry." He looked like he wanted to say more, but his embarrassment won out as he took to the air, "I'll uh, leave you be then. Won't bother you anymore." before flying slowly up the now snow capped mountain.

• Brohoof 1

(actually it could be since beyond she being the only introduced zebra in equestria, there was no more mention so it was easy to assume she was, and for sake of the story what if we put that zecora is the only zebra in equestira)

(council celestia noded at the last part)

Celestia then declared "as soon as my sister agrees with these conditions as I have, we will see to help the kingdom of zebrica, zebras as long as they follow the example of Zecora they will have their traditions and customs safeguarded in equestria as for the reparing and helping on the culture, we will have to form a comission for it and some economical finance will be given to the kingdom of zebras to help with this. Take note this is not an unlimited element for any of us"

with the matter of the deers she saw an opening, but she would adress that latter as well

for the thestral  kingdom she listened to the complaint and asked "I would ask you please to elaborate on this matter of the predatory businesses that you mention, would you kindly explain who are these?" 

(outside)

"you have something to say before that?" he closed his eyes as he lowered his head "now would be the time but tread lightly with what you're gonna say wind"

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

(We could, I don't think I have any conflicting canon. We could also say that this exchange helps set in motion more zebra exposure to Equestria, others that move in.)

The thestral mare was taken aback by Celestia's question, but acquiesced, "I suppose that's a fair question. While the Fastar Clan does not purport speak for any other clan in such matters, and each clan has suffered differently, we can share the story of the Whitetail clan, which officially disbanded about two hundred years ago. They were a truly ancient clan, it is for them that the Whitetail woods were named, at their peak they had cities throughout the forest and received most of their wealth from their prominent positions in the lunar guard. When Princess Luna was banished, and the guard disbanded, their treaties were broken and their land was no longer officially considered theirs, but public territory of the crown. Having lost most of their income the clan turned to selling foresting rights to a prospective lumber and parchment company known today as Whitetail Wood & Paper, which is also the sole supplier of lumber and parchment to Canterlot and the Royal Archives. Over the years this company bought up more and more of the forestry rights, first from the clan, then straight from the crown when the clan wasn't offering as cheap rates. Eventually the clan was forced into only one small village, most of their members abandoning the clan due to overcrowding and lack of resources. Being bordered on all sides they could only sell their goods to the company, which would pay the bare minimum before turning the products around on the equestrian market for 5 to 10 times their value. Further, the clan could only buy from the company or be forced to travel miles to the next nearest settlement and pay 'fees' in order to ensure the safe arrival. Often even with these fees paid the company would steal the supplies."

The mare turned her tired gaze back to Celestia, "Eventually the hive dwindled to only five members, being the chieftain's immediate family, when the owner of the company finally saw fit to have them removed. The solar guard personally and forcibly drove them out for 'trespassing'. Driven into the Everfree forest, only one survived: Starlight, the one adopted by Fastar, whose lineage directs the Fastar clan to this day."

She sighed, "We were reduced to a single pony, who lost her whole heritage. Other clans were not so lucky." 

(Outside)

Wind sniveled and shook his head, wiping away a small tear, "No... I better not... I should have known better than to bother an Archback Knight with trivial questions. I'll get out of your way Sir. Don't want to cause any trouble Sir."

He'd fly off quickly, but respectfully.

• Brohoof 1

(Council)

Celestia would close her eyes for a moment to ponder, this was indeed a dificult situation, this time the confidence of the previous cases had faded from her mind. The demands of the thestral were fair, however there was the matter that the companies that drove the clans out and into anhilations where burocrats that would make harm on equestria socialy and economicaly, not that they could overthrow her, but they could cause problems for all the princesses in case that the interests of these burocrats would be harmed so to gain time she asked "what kind of protection would Equestria would provide to the remaining clans? that would suit your demands?"

(outside)

Sherem sighed and walked around the snow that was falling, he thougt of his mother although this also brought some painful memories to his head and this caused a small crack in the prison that Sheoreth was being held in, though at the time he did't notice this neither did Sheoreth who had given up for today at least. Then he said to himself "maybe I should find a drink, I just hope they will accept bits of gold" Sherem said to himself

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

(Council)

The thestral mare lowered her head, "That would be up to the clans themselves, they will not accept help they did not ask for. Our demand is simple: Within a year you or a representative will meet with each of the clans within Equestrian Territory and give them any reasonable assistance or protection that they desire. Further, ensure that none of these clans suffers the injustice that the Whitetail clan suffered."

The mare sat, eyes returned to Celestia as Nightshade spoke, "The request is laid out for you then, do you find it agreeable?"

(Outside)

Sherem wouldn't have to look long before he'd pick up the sound of merriment and the smell of various liquors coming from a doorway a few lengths down the mountain path. By the door was a sign indicating that the edifice was a tavern of sorts. If he entered he'd find the interior was warm, a fire glowing on the hearth, and amicable, while conversations grew quieter at his entrance many of the stallions within greeted him with raised heads and glasses.

The bartender, a stout mare with a no-nonsense look about her called out soon after he entered, "Come on in, but don't bring the cold in with you. Take a seat and we'll get something going for you."

• Brohoof 1

(council)

Celestia noded and said "I can accept those terms" she took another sheet of paper "The one overseeing this matter on behalf of equestria is princess Luna herself, I trust that would not be a problem for the clans, and also since Princess Luna has more knowlege in the story and the thestral Culture than anypony in equestria, if that Is agreeable for you all, we can go with this route as well"

(Tavern)

Sherem looked at the mare and said "good evening" he nodded and closed the door behind him so the cold won't be entering the building, of course the mare also meant that his brooding was bothering to the customers here and he tried to avoid eye contact and try to pass unoticed to them and tried not to bother them. he sit at the bar and waited.

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

(Council)

The council livened up a bit at the mention of Princess Luna, it appeared she was held in high regard. The thestral mare nodded, "That is acceptable, we look forward to the progress that can be made."

Nightshade tapped his gavel to return attention to himself, "Then it is decided. Continuing, the Griffon Kingdoms..."

A griffon rose, "Are satisfied with the progress made thus far. We will withhold any formal complaints at this time, we are confident that Equestria's continued participation in this council will naturally resolve our cultural and territorial disputes." The griffon sat. Though his tone was amicable the look he gave at the end indicated something darker. There was a promise in his gaze: Their issues would be resolved one way or another.

Nightshade nodded, "Moving on then, more recently submitted we have the Queens' Council. Ambassador Turquoise?" The teal pegasus mare stood, "The Queens' Council takes exception to the ongoing treatment of their nationals by Equestrian citizens. They do formally submit an apology on behalf of the rogue Queen Chrysalis, her actions were unacceptable and she will face the council's judgement when she is found. Nonetheless, the treatment the rest of our nationals has received, including assault, battery, maiming, torture, attempted murder, and murder, is an unacceptable response. The Queens' Council requests simply that a meeting be held as soon as is reasonable between them and Princess Celestia to resolve this matter amicably and in such a way as to strengthen cooperation going forward. Until such a meeting can be held, the Queen's Council requests that a standing order be placed to protect their nationals from the abuses they've thus far been subjected to, and that those in violation of this order be punished as if their actions had been against a fellow Equestrian."

Ambassador Turquoise sat, eyes returned to Celestia, though the council was clearly mixed, it seemed some present were not fans of this Queens' Council or their representatives.

(Tavern)

While he attracted some looks as he made his way through the space, his large frame contributing to his conspicuous nature, once he sat at the bar most returned their attention to their conversations and drinks.

The barkeep didn't take long to come over, "So, see something you like? Or would you like a recommendation?" She gestured towards the wall of bottles behind her, there was a wide variety of liquors ranging from the standard to the high alcohol content to the more flavorful. While she waited for a response she busied herself clearing away empty bottles and glasses from prior patrons of the bar.

• Brohoof 1

(council) 

She saw another opening with these Changelings but also a big problem as well, so she then said "Equestria is willing to change, but this also related on the matter of transformation of the changeling race, most of the cells and parts of the new changeling are lead by Thoraxx, tell me please if you are afiliated with him and the other hives under his guidance?" she asked respectufly at the teal pegasus.

(Tavern)

Sherem looked at the mare and said "recomendation of the house please" he said in a lower tone as he looked a the wood of the bar still melancolic because of the winter, this was nothing new for him, Winter reminded him of his mother and he could not help to brood more than he already did usually. Memories rushed on him, not knowing that it was the source to weaken the mental prison of Sheoreth.

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

The ambassadors' expressions soured at the mention of the transformation, but they didn't comment until the end of her question, conferring between themselves before rising to answer, "The Queens' Council does not have an official standing with or against the Chrysalis hive changeling called Thorax or his actions or those who follow him. The Queens have stated to the council that Thorax is a rogue element, acting without the direction or blessing of the Queens, we will take no credit nor responsibility for his actions, they are his own."

The other ambassador took the place of the first, "In regards to this 'transformation' you speak of, changelings have lived in peaceful, secret, coexistence with ponies for millenia without this..." he shuddered "...perversion of the changeling state. The council asserts that no being need be required change their nature to be accepted, especially when their nature is not evil. No changeling is born evil, we do not thrive on pain nor violence, but rather by helping those we live with to thrive. Our nature is to adapt, to become whatever those around us need in order to be their best. So have we been for thousands of years, so we intend to continue."

The first ambassador resumed, "This cannot happen so long as our kind are hunted and killed, nor should they be pressured to change themselves, abandon their heritage and birthright, in order to escape persecution."

The changeling ambassadors were gaining favor with their speech, eyes returned their focus to Celestia, she had not been attacked here, the ambassadors were quite amicable in explaining their position and relation, or lack thereof, to Thorax.

(Tavern)

The bartender nodded, "A Sunset Sarsaparilla then, coming right up."

She poured a mug of a greenish liquid with a slightly sweet, slightly earthy scent to it, not unlike the scent of cut cactus.

(See HowToDrink's video on sunset sasparilla for detailed notes on how the drink tastes, it is not very alcoholic.)

Conversation continued in the background, if he cared to listen he'd hear Celestia's name spoken on more than one occasion, her arrival had caused quite a stir, many wondered if Princess Luna would soon arrive as well, others were focused more on speculation on her presence. It seemed an even split between pessimistic and optimistic comments surrounding her.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

(Council)

Celestia would nod in understanding before she responded, "I see. You must understand that the ponies of Equestria ponies were in many cases traumatized by the attack, ponies are known to lash out when they feel threatened. Still, that does not excuse their actions against your constituents, I simply ask for some understanding as it may take some time for them to accept your presence. May I suggest a compromise? A sort of cooperation among our peoples? I could select a few ponies, trusted by the populous, to meet with and learn from some representatives of your kind. As our representatives interact it should show the rest that they have nothing to fear from your kind. In the meantime I will do what I can to ensure those propagating the violence are adequately punished. 

(Tavern)

Sherem sighed and rolled his eyes, there again was the matter of Princess Celestia. and the controversy of her precence here in archback and while it annoyed him he knew this was also his fault, and Sheoreth's fault that she was here in this awkard position. Guilt is something he could not get rid off that easily. He took the drink and said "thank you" and as he took his first sip he trembled a bit "woah! that hit something I didn't knew I had..." he was confused and amazed

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

(Council)

The murmurings around the council members seemed positive enough in response to Celestia's bid for cooperation with the changelings. The changeling ambassadors talked between themselves for a moment before one of them stood. "We find your proposal... acceptable. We will bring your proposal to the Queens' Council. If they agree, and if you adequately punish those offenders in the meantime, you will hear from the Queens' Council about this cooperation within a fortnight."

Nightshade nodded as the changeling ambassadors sat down, "Moving on, it appears we've exhausted the list as it currently stands, we'll now give Equestria a chance to air any grievances they may have against any of the nations on this council before we move to allow the nations present to lay out new complaints."

The Council's eyes all returned to Celestia, now a bit more cautious as they wondered what, if anything, she would say.

(Tavern)

The barkeep smiled at his reaction, "Another satisfied customer I see. First one's on the house, let me know if you want another one."

It would be long before a young mare, obviously at least a little intoxicated, came up to take a seat next to him and almost immediately started to try to flirt with him, "Hey big guy, not many like you around here... you come here often?" A trio of mares at a nearby table giggled as they watched the tipsy mare, it wasn't hard to draw the conclusion that they had put the mare up to this.

• Brohoof 1

(Council)

Celestia again took all the attention of the council with her voice and said "I thank you all for a chance of dialogue, I know it was not easy for most of you to put your trust in me, but this is the first step to improve the relations with equestria and all the kingdoms that have affilation with archback. I will give my all to help mend the mistakes of the past and help build a better future, the princesses will do all in their power to protect, to serve and to create that better future, but I beg you not to forgett that compromise goes both ways as well of equestria and your kingdom. I have no demands nor grievances I birng here for I find I have no right to do them but if you will allow us to help we will."

(Tavern)

Sherem was unamused, but he would not be rude and said "no I do not come here often" he smiled "it's my first time here so don't be too harsh on this little alicorn please?" he smiled and joked around under the table a bit.

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

The murmurings were mostly positive around the Council, though some were obviously skeptical of her words.

Nightshade simply nodded, "Your willingness to assist is noted. Perhaps you will be called upon when tragedy strikes, but that will be dependant upon your entering into full standing in this Council." He turned his eyes up at the other ambassadors, notably lingering his eyes on the deer ambassador who had spoken up earlier. "Now we open the floor for new grievances, I recall Ambassador Fir stated she had some grievances to bring forward."

The reindeer ambassador rolled her eyes from across the room as the doe stood, "Our people are a race that does not delight nor desire conflict. We seek to end wars, to defend. Our machinists and pathfinders are known as some of the best in the world, silent heroes who've worked to minimize casualties in every conflict they participate in." Her gaze turned up to the other delegates as she pointed at Celestia, "We were a peaceful nation before we were sold to serve Her interests. Equestria's double dealings has ultimately resulted in the division of Cervidas and West Cervidas as her actions emboldened the reindeer nobility to oppress the peaceful deer workers. Driving us out of our forests and into the plains where we had to build our own defences. Then they sold our defenders to fight Equestria's battles. Of the hundred noble bucks who were sold only one returned to our lands, and he was forever scarred by Equestria's battles. Our greatest work of architecture, Eternity's Crossing, now lays in ruins due to Equestria's negligence."

Her face pointed at Celestia, but her gaze was directed at the reindeer, "The Republic of West Cervidas requires the following of Equestria: First, the monetary compensation we were promised for our machinists' and pathfinders' labor in Equestria's defence adjusted for inflation and including interest for late payment plus the relevant funeral costs for all 99 who never returned to their herds. Second, that Equestria fund the restoration effort on Eternity's Crossing. Third... " She turned her face fully towards the reindeer, "That Equestria formally denounce the kingdom of Cervidas for their crimes and that they cut off all political deals and trade agreements with the same."

There was a bit of uproar at her last demand, it seemed the Council was almost evenly divided between those who supported the deer and those who defended the reindeer. Troy and the Griffons were on the side of the deer.

It took a bit of effort on Nightshade's part to silence the delegates, his gavel was pounded the hardest it had been this session, "Order!"

Once the delegates were finally quieted Sir tapped the arm of his chair and all eyes turned to him as he sat forward with his fingers splayed, "The Court states that grievances must be solely relevant against single nations. It is obvious that some of these accusations are shaded by animosity towards West Cervidas. Equestria is therefore not required to respond to such, nor will they be held against them. However, they are free, and are advised, to respond to these accusations if they feel so inclined."

Sir sat back in his chair and the eyes turned back to Celestia.

(Tavern)

His friendly response attracted some positive attention from the nearby ponies who heard, and certainly impressed the watching mares at the nearby table. The young mare laughed shyly, "Y-you don't need to worry about a little mare like m-me... I don't t-think I could hurt you if I tried. B-but if you're n-new here I-I w-wouldn't mind showing you around... I promise I'll be gentle..."

• Brohoof 1