DaMostMagical

Hello, I’m New!

Hello! I’m not exactly sure how to introduce myself, but I shall try anyway.

So I started watching MLP FiM pretty late; in fact, it was very early (midnight) on the Saturday that the last episode aired that I watched the first episode, but I was just hoping that there’d still be some bronies around whom I could become friends with.

So, a little bit about me:

I am a Junior in high school and am really into math and computer science (and also a physics a little bit, too). I like to play Nintendo games (The Legend of Zelda is the best!) and enjoy studying Japanese in my free time. I also am a gymnast and practice karate as well (my schedule is quite busy!). I’m not really the greatest at social interaction, but I hope that I’ll be able to make some friends here!

P.S. I have currently only watched up until season eight, so please don’t spoil anything for me! I’m rewatching back from season one until season nine comes out on Netflix

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony: fluttershy
How did you find MLP Forums?: Through a Google search; I wanted to know where I could find others like me
How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:

T’was the perfect storm. I honestly don’t even really know how to explain it, everything somehow just aligned so perfectly, but...

You see, I had a VERY stressful “partner” project (I ended up doing the entire thing myself, and I had not the self confidence to stand up for myself and tell my partner to do their part :,( ) and only an hour of sleep. I was terribly sleep deprived and simultaneously going through an emotional crisis in which I realized I was completely alone and had no close friends and it felt like all my really close friends from years past had abandoned me. So it was during the middle of my AP Chemistry class when somehow we were talking about Halloween songs and there were some people in the room who had never heard of the “One-eyed, One-horned, Flying Purple People-eater” song, so my teacher pulled up a YouTube video to show it to us, and in the “Recommended” feed, there was a video with Twilight Sparkle (whom I recognized since my younger sisters used to watch it) on the thumbnail that the person sitting next to me pointed out, wondering why it was there in my teacher’s feed. Later, after an extremely long week, helping my grandparents with work in their yard, and coming home from an awkward social event, I was completely tired mentally, physically, emotionally, and socially. So, being completely dead and not knowing what to do with my life, I remembered what had happened in my Chemistry class. Even though I was very tired, I couldn’t really sleep just yet, and I had nothing really to do, so I pulled up the first episode of My Little Pony and watched it. I went in expecting to immediately regret the decision and have to try to forget that I ever would do such a thing as watch such a girly show, but to my pleasant surprise, it actually wasn’t that bad, and I found that I somehow wasn’t regretting it. However, I still had many reluctances to continue watching because I wasn’t exactly a member of the target demographic, but luckily, my desire for completion kept me going. It was a two-part episode; I at least had to see the end of the story. So, I decided to keep on watching, and I soon became interested in how quickly Twilight Sparkle just made friends. Still not able to come to terms with myself for liking the show, I convinced myself that I’d only finish the first season of the show for research purposes on how to make friends. After that, there was no going back— I was completely drawn in. I eventually accepted the fact that yes, I did indeed like this show, and it quickly became my favorite show. I would have never even thought about watching My Little Pony had this crazy sequence of events not unfolded, but I’m so thankful that it did! Had even one variable been changed slightly— had there not been someone in my Chemistry class who didn’t know the song, had the person sitting next to me not pointed the video in the “Recommended” feed out to me, had my younger sisters not watched the show beforehand which enabled me to recognize Twilight Sparkle, had I not been tired enough to actually pull up an episode, had I been able to sleep instead, had I not been able to convince myself that it was okay to keep watching, etc. —then I probably never would have ended up liking My Little Pony. But luckily, I found it, and now it’s by far my favorite TV show!

Sorry, that was really long— but congrats if you made it to the end of that mess of text, and thanks so much for actually reading it!

There are still bronies left! Welcome to the new and improved Pony Life forum!:mlp_icwudt:

Welcome to MLPForums @DaMostMagical. See you around! :mlp_yeehaa:

Hi there! Welcome to the MLP Forums! We hope you'll have a wonderful time here!

Hello there and welcome to the herd! :mlp_yeehaa:

That's an interesting story, most of us can relate to it in one way or another. :grin: For me it also was a chain of events, that eventually made me watch the show out of curiosity -- and well, you can tell where it went. :D 

Have fun here! :yay:

Hello and welcome to the forums! Its very nice to meet you! :P

Badges

Yeah, we still exist even if the show ended. Anyways, hope you enjoy your stay here.

Welcome to the site! :please:
Hope you'll have lots of fun!

Badges

Hello there @DaMostMagical! Welcome to the herd. I hope you that you enjoy your time here and make lots of new friends! Don't forget to check out the Fluttershy fan page. :fluttershy:

Welcome! I am late as well, I watched it occasionally and researched it last year, and I only became a hardcore fan about a month ago. Very nice to meet you, enjoy your time here!

Badges

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! It means a lot!

Yes very much hello and very much welcome

hope you enjoy your stay!

Badges