Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you remember your childhood or do you feel like you've blocked it out?

Victoria Everglade

Remember your childhood?  

11 users have voted

1. 1. Do you remember your childhood or did you block most of it out?

• I remember it
    • I believe I blocked it out

There's a lot I remember about my childhood, but I kind of wish I was able to let go of it? Idk, I usually feel like that holding on to that sort of stuff means I won't grow up

I remember at least some parts of it, however, I usually don't remember dates, so if I want to know when I did something, I usually have to think hard and figure it out based on what I did before or after.

I also usually remember the reason I did something or what I was thinking at the time.

I remember most of my childhood. Of course I don't remember every detail, and sometimes my parents or my friends ask me if I remember something that happened and I just can't remember it (maybe they're implanting false memories on me??? :wau:).

If you want to remember events from your childhood, maybe you could attempt to "connect" with your childhood memories by going to places you used to go as a kid or do activities you used to do when you were young. When I go to my hometown I stay at the house I used to live in and memories about things I hadn't remember since the day they happened begin to come to my head.

• Brohoof 1

I remember many things, but the memories are mostly disordered, garbled and are in fact memories of memories. Also, there are many memories I wish I could block, but this is true for my teenage and adult periods as well.

I've got a lot of them, even at least one from before I could fully talk but I'm really struggling to think about it right now, but I've also just woken up.

I had an interesting memory the other day, it wasn't a long lost one but the situation was,,, unique? When I was in kindergarten I went to two schools because of divorced parents and joint custody. My mom's not a teacher or anything but she had some business with the school my dad had me going to so many years ago and I happened to be with her so it was unexpected. My dad lost custody of me that year so I hadn't actually seen the school since. Some changes had been made and my perspective was basically doubling in height so I was struggling to recognize anything, until I saw this we're concrete bit which is just an extra thick wall along a ramp so people in a wheel chair could get into the music room, and I distinctly remembered singing the Christopher Columbus song there with my class. I've forgotten the words but I remember that moment, along with many others from my days of youth.

A lot of my memories from early childhood have faded, but there are some here and there.

I really wish I remembered more. Like last year I learned from my mom that I actually did play with Gen I My Little Ponies when I was really little.