Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it okay for guys to ask girls out?

Fluttershutter

Is it okay for guys to ask girls out?  

50 users have voted

1. 1. Is it okay for guys to ask girls out?

• yes
    • no

• 2 months later...

I prefer girls asking me out, this thread, I believe is really the fact that a guy has to put themselves on the line. Whereas the girl does not, it is questioning us whether it is fair. To answer, is it yes but should you is the real question. Reason girls want guys to take the leap per say, is to show initiative to be dominant traits that girls prefer a dominant confident strong real man. Society gives us this preconceived notion that men should be dominant and women should be submissive, in a sense, this relationship dynamic is what most people simply prefer. Yet I personally believe that women should be the ones asking men out. Ladies let's be honest here, for every guy that gives you interest there are hundred others meanwhile for men every girl that gives you interest is one of a dozen. In other words, women have a lot of options to choose from in regards to a potential mate while men have often rather had to try their luck with a woman they like. 

While I would encourage anyone to ask girls out, I would encourage girls to do the same. 

• Brohoof 2

A ton of people believe that men should be the one to ask, so I'd say so. Plus there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. I personal like it. I think it's unusual if a girl does, but I also think that's even cuter. I've very rarely ever had anyone ask me out, I always do the asking, so lmao.

• 3 weeks later...

Always depends on the context, the personal relation and the person themselves. 

But in a very general way: yes. 

And it's OK for a girl to ask a guy out. 

And for a girl to ask a girl or guy a guy or whoever whoever actually. 

:grin:

Just now, DripMoondrop said:

Always depends on the context, the personal relation and the person themselves. 

But in a very general way: yes. 

And it's OK for a girl to ask a guy out. 

And for a girl to ask a girl or guy a guy or whoever whoever actually. 

:grin:

Sure. And there is always going to be the risk of rejection, but there shouldn't be a stigma associated with the act due to the giving or receiving gender.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

You guys do know this thread's not for serious answers, right?

Sometimes when you ask joke question, you get a serious answer. I find the best solution there is to nod, smile and back away slowly :D

Edited by CypherHoof 🐎
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Is the standard, so people most likely would say "yes" and "it's what is expected".

However, I think that, while is ok if a dude asks a girl out, it's wrong to pass the ball to the guys only. Is the cause of the beggar/chooser phenomena in human relationships.

Women are choosers, and men are beggars in this situation, since the only part that really takes a decision is the female part. It harms all parties at the end, since dudes' self steem gets heavily damaged from rejection and girls can't go ask guys out because society deems it wrong, making those girls get their self steem damaged at the concept of "if no one asks me out, I'm undesirable".

Most introvert guys won't gather the guts to get out of their shell to ask a girl out too, and since it is expected from them to be the ones taking the first step, they are trapped in a little hell of their own.

I have asked girls out, and I've had both success and failures, but honestly, it really opens a wound when you have anxiety issues, and most likely no relationship lasts long enough, so even when you succeed, there's a bittersweet flavor on it after things end.

Edited by Jesse Terrence
  • Brohoof 2