• Ibm
    • Sony
    • Alienware
    • Compaq
    • Origin PC
    • System76
    • Custom parts
    • Other
    • Non traditional I only use tablets and smartphones.
    • Gateway

On 3/11/2020 at 9:40 AM, Patty Whirlwind said:

My first computer was a Compaq Presario laptop that ran Windows 7 I got in late summer 2011. Since, i've had two others, both HP laptops that have Windows 8.1 and 10 respectively.

Wait, what did you use before that?

On 3/10/2020 at 5:58 PM, zerox said:

My first pc had the following specs: Amd k5 pr133 - 100mhz, 8mb ram, 1mb video card, cd-rom, 14inch Hyundai crt,... The ram was later upgrade to 32mb and I also got a 3dfx voodoo 4mb graphic accelerator. I remember playing nfs 2 se and nfs 3. The visual effects were awesome. No more software rendering:)

2nd pc: Asus p2b, celeron 466, nvidia riva tnt 16mb, 128mb sdr ram, 10gb hdd, nokia 447zi, windows 98 and later win 2000.

3rd pc: Asus p4c800-e deluxe, pentium 4 3.2E, radeon 9800pro 128gb, 1gb ddr ram, at the beginning I had the same monitor as above later I got an acer al1751 lcd monitor, 160gb hitachi deskstar. Also I later upgraded the graphic card to a radeon x800 xt pe 256mb.

4th pc: Asus p5w dh deluxe, core 2 duo e6600, 2gb ddr2 ram, radeon x1650pro 256mb, 160gb hitachi deskstar.

5th pc: Asus p6x58d premium, i7 930, 6gb ddr3 ram, intel x25m g2 80gb ssd, 500gb wd blue hdd, radeon hd 5970 2gb, dell ultrasharp 2209wa.

Need to post my notebooks tomorrow as it's already quite late and need to go to bed.

Remember to post your notebooks silly! 

Anyway the vodoo card was a beast! I think modern cards now days are insanly price inflated 

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Blivy said:

Wait, what did you use before that?

Remember to post your notebooks silly! 

Anyway the vodoo card was a beast! I think modern cards now days are insanly price inflated 

Gericom ego: Pentium M 1.6ghz, 512mb of ram, radeon mobility 9600 64mb, 60gb hdd 4200rpm, 15 screen.

Asus a6km: Turion 64 ml-37, 1gb ram, geforce go 7300, 100gb hdd, 15.4.

Dell inspiron 1520: Core 2 duo t7500, 2gb ddr2, geforce 8600m gt 256mb, 160gb hdd, 15.4.

Inspiron 13 7359: Core i7 6500u, 8gb ddr3l, hd 520 igpu, 256 samsung ssd, 13.3 full hd ips touchscreen, passive stylus.

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, zerox said:

Gericom ego: Pentium M 1.6ghz, 512mb of ram, radeon mobility 9600 64mb, 60gb hdd 4200rpm, 15 screen.

Asus a6km: Turion 64 ml-37, 1gb ram, geforce go 7300, 100gb hdd, 15.4.

Dell inspiron 1520: Core 2 duo t7500, 2gb ddr2, geforce 8600m gt 256mb, 160gb hdd, 15.4.

Inspiron 13 7359: Core i7 6500u, 8gb ddr3l, hd 520 igpu, 256 samsung ssd, 13.3 full hd ips touchscreen, passive stylus.

Good pony~

• Brohoof 2

IBM Aptiva M50 SL-H Pentium 100 MHz

-> I am USING IT right now! (not powered, just to "raise" my monitors since my desk´s height is low and my chair is high).

Edited by SilverComet
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 8088 computer with MS-DOS 6 on it. It is one of the earliest IBM PCs, with the speed of 4.77 MHz. My mom found it in a dumpster and brought it home, and i have had a lot of fun with it. it has a Monopoly game installed on it, and some Microsoft Word for DOS stuff.

The RAM was very little, but it really worked quite well. Even the monitor was nice, but monochrome greenish.

Definitely a slow but steady computer, with the smell of early 80s! :) Not my first (could have been), but the earliest computer model I have.

• Brohoof 1

The first computer I've probably ever used was a Compaq Presario 5000 running Windows XP. However, my first computer was some HP laptop from 2010 running Windows 7. Wasn't that good of a computer, it died a year after I started using it.

• Brohoof 1

I was always on laptops, first it was my mom's laptop back in the 90's and I finally got my own laptop back in the early 00's, I played a lot of sims 2 on that one.  My brother built the first tower we had in the household back in 2006 or something?  Then when he joined the military, he left me his old tower(it was ok for him since he ended up ordering a custom gaming laptop).  Played a lot of WoW back then on that thing and I kept it until around 2013 or something?  He built it to be intentionally high end for the time it was built in so it lasted a while and I wasn't the type to play a lot of newer games on it.  I ended up getting rid of it around that time because it was so stinkin' old for the games I actually wanted to play.  My mom ended up buying me a laptop, it was ok and sims 3 ran on it fine-ish but it lasted me a long time and I actually still have yet to get that computer recycled or anything like that, mostly sentimental value.  I think around 2015 is when I finally got around to building a good gaming pc and it's still working out for me even though I've since swapped out old parts for new ones.  It's a good pc and I'm glad I built it when I did.  I would love to build a newer one at some point, when I have the money to do so.  My "build-the-best-pc" itch is bothering me mighty fierce these days lol, even if I might have a hard time understanding most pc stuff I still enjoyed building and opening up my tower for maintenance stuff...

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, Cyandashie said:

The first computer I've probably ever used was a Compaq Presario 5000 running Windows XP. However, my first computer was some HP laptop from 2010 running Windows 7. Wasn't that good of a computer, it died a year after I started using it.

You're just a youngin! I started on xp 

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, zerox said:

First OS was Windows 3.11 + ms dos. I installed win3.11 inside dosbox and it works great. Nostalgia

Need more nostalgia. You need to get the dosbox version that supports shaders, and get the CRT shader, OMG! Do it!

Then when you have had that nostalgia trip, you have to buy an old computer and a real CRT, it is more to this than you can ever imagine :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, never saw this :wacko: .

Its a Dell Inspiron. Got mine for college back in 2012. It’s.... mostly still reliable. It has one really persistent problem I can’t fix since last year. Don’t really need a new laptop...

My first computer was an Emachines desktop with Windows 98SE. I can't remember the model but it looked like the one in the pic, even had a yellow tinge since that plastic was notorious for yellowing.

It sucked at playing games, so I only browsed the web with it as a kid. Of course, back then there was only dial up. Damn I sound old saying that

emachines.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 7:34 PM, Fluttershyfan94 said:

Was an Acer Aspire 5520G I loved that laptop.

You should get another one! <3

(edited)

Anyone used windows 2000 in the year 2000? I got a genuine version for cheap from a guy who bought it and wanted to play dos games like panzer general and similar but he didn't get far lol. Well tech people know that NT based systems like win 2k and newer don't have dos so playing dos games natively on those OSes without an emulator like dosbox isn't possible. Also win 2k was the first windows to natively support usb mass storage devices. I connected an usb key and got the message new hardware detected, installing drivers, your device is ready. The OS didn't ask me to provide any drivers.

Edited by zerox