• Ibm
    • Sony
    • Alienware
    • Compaq
    • Origin PC
    • System76
    • Custom parts
    • Other
    • Non traditional I only use tablets and smartphones.
    • Gateway

through the years all my computers were bought as parts so no particular brand, except my first laptop which was HP
my first computer had a 14inch black/white blocky monitor and a vast hard disck of 500 mb,don't recall how much ram it had but it couldn't have been much, as for a graphics card, i think i used the on-board one at the time

The first computer I ever had belonged to the family, it was a CTX Desktop computer that ran Windows 98. The first computer I owned was a Dell Latitude 2100 that ran Windows XP, but then it suffered a HD failure, so I went to using my brother's laptop for a while till I got my hands on a Sony Vaio that ran Windows 8 (Plus upgrades to 8.1, then Windows 10)

As of this post, I use a Dell Inspiron 7559 Gaming Laptop.

My first completely own computer might be a 8088 IBM PC, which I got from a school that was throwing it away. That is one of the slowest and first models of the PC ever made! It might still work if I turn it on.

• Brohoof 1

Well, growing up my family had several random piece-of-crap computers that we shared, but the first computer that was solely mine was a Dell XPS Gen 4.  In fact, I still have it.  In fact, it's sitting right next to me.  I'm currently using my laptop, which is my business and non-gaming machine, but the old XPS resides at this desk as well, and it's now purely a bastion for old games.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

A Dell dimension with a Pentium 4 with hyperthreading running windows XP. We still have it but the old maxtor drive is in the process of dying so I've been trying to get the data off of it to put on another drive and revive it.

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

It was a Peacock Computer: 486 cpu (80MHz), 4 MB RAM, 500 MB HDD, 3.5'' Floppy drive, no CD drive and sadly no power button ;_; but MS Dos 6.2 and Windows 3.11

(edited)
On 2020-06-10 at 11:18 AM, Quinch said:

No Commodore? Pfffffttt, youngsters.

commodore64setup.jpeg

Not so fast there…you have me. Commodore FTW! Trouble is my parents didn’t buy many games for me. And never got a floppy drive so never played the Sesame Street one. Alphabet Soup I definitely remember and have my 3ds modded where I can emulate c64 and play games. 

Edited by Gale Wind