Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

tabletop Garden of Competitive Harmony V1.0 Concept

Dabmanz

508080903_conceptmap.png.05c4d05fdacfe60b1c1d79ae697223c8.png

Garden of Competitive  Harmony v1.0

Sorry if this game is to complicated.
Each player controls three characters One Earth Pony One Pegasus and One Unicorn. At the start of the game the game master will Initiate Phase 1. Phase One is for the Earth ponies.
You will have to go around the map to Key nodes the person who gets the most nodes before phase 1 ends will be the winner of that round.
Note Each phase will have 25 turns each. Just before a players turn the game master will roll a die the number that is rolled is how far the player can move.
If the game master rolled a 6 the player will be able to move up to 6 positions example.

Example Player: It is my turn?  <---Random comment here optional. Has no effect on gameplay.
Movement =x+4
Movement =y+2
Note if you only want to go up or down you can not use the y position.
Example
Example player:
Movement =x+0
Movement =y+6
Both both examples used up 6 spots if you want to go diagonal you could do the following.
Example player:
Movement =xy+6 LR :Note because of the LR this would go down vertically from top left to bottom right if it was -6 with the tag LR it would go from bottom left to top right.
If it was RL it would then be Right to left xy+6 RL would be top right to bottom left while xy-6 RL would be bottom right to top left.
With LR and RL The L stands for left and the R for right so what comes first is the priority effecting the movement.
Once the player chooses to have a turn the game master will update location information in reply to the comment.
Example:
Game Master:
Player 1 is now at position x=12 Y=25
Once Phase 1 is finished phase 2 will start which is the unicorn phase.
Same as the previous phase only with Pegasi.
Note While a node in phase 1 is planting that same node will be a plant ready for watering in phase 2 and in phase 3 it will be a node for unicorns.
Earth ponies can plant seeds.
Pegasi Can water the plants.
Unicorns can Use magic growth hormone on the plants.

Note after phase 3 is finished the points from all phases will be add up.

Edited by Dabmanz

• The title was changed to Garden of Competitive Harmony V1.0 Concept

Interesting concept that could progress to a great game with a bit more development. I like the idea of having three characters that have to work together to complete a task, the pegasi and unicorns can't complete their goal without the earth ponies.

The idea of managing your movement between vertical and horizontal is a nice concept. but the movement is a tiny bit complex, I wonder if you could possibly just go with moving x number of squares, where x is the dice value (maybe use a larger dice such as 12 or 20 sided dice)

With the phases (of 25 turns) are these solely one pony type? If so this could slow the game down a bit. You could set up a system where you choose which pony type you want to move at the start with different movement benefits. Also adding a concept of extra competition between players, have them able to disrupt each others play such as up root trees or block different pony types. This way you have to balance which pony type you move and whether you help get more trees yourself or prevent an opponent getting more.

So far I think you have a great proof of concept, I feel it just needs a bit of refining. I look forward to seeing any developments you make in the game:)

Edited by Eniac
  • Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Eniac said:

Interesting concept that could progress to a great game with a bit more development. I like the idea of having three characters that have to work together to complete a task, the pegasi and unicorns can't complete their goal without the earth ponies.

The idea of managing your movement between vertical and horizontal is a nice concept. but the movement is a tiny bit complex, I wonder if you could possibly just go with moving x number of squares, where x is the dice value (maybe use a larger dice such as 12 or 20 sided dice)

With the phases (of 25 turns) are these solely one pony type? If so this could slow the game down a bit. You could set up a system where you choose which pony type you want to move at the start with different movement benefits. Also adding a concept of extra competition between players, have them able to disrupt each others play such as up root trees or block different pony types. This way you have to balance which pony type you move and whether you help get more trees yourself or prevent an opponent getting more.

So far I think you have a great proof of concept, I feel it just needs a bit of refining. I look forward to seeing any developments you make in the game:)

I thought the movement was a bit complex I will revise it. 

I chose 25 turns for each pony as a placeholder because I did not know how big I was going to make the map. I think choosing which pony type would be better than using phases though.

Thanks your feedback was very helpful. 

• Brohoof 1