Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask the Axeblade Twins

Octavia Heartstrings

Hey, everyone! Sunset Shimmer here. I may be the most well-known resident of Canterlot, but this thread isn't about me. Instead, I'm setting up this thread for two other friends of mine. They don't go to Canterlot High, and you probably haven't seen them around much before. In fact, they moved all the way over here from San Franciscolt last summer! My friends and I thought they were ghosts at first, but soon found out that they weren't scary at all. Please welcome the Axeblade Twins!

IMG_4165.thumb.JPG.79fa0cb1edfc6069cb70b1e216dcae4d.JPG

Thanks, Sunset! It's so great to be here. Anyway, I'm Douglas Axeblade. I'm the one with the long hair, and I love gardening. I may be a big strong guy, but I'm pretty gentle and nice once you get to know me.

What's up, dudes? I'm Donald Axeblade. I'm the one with the buzz cut, and I'm the toughest guy this side of Canterlot. I've got a big axe with me, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Donald... are you sure that's a good way to introduce yourself? You'll scare everyone off if you say things like that.

Ah, you're just being a softie. I always carry a weapon, just like the great Axeblades before me.

Fine, if you say so. Anyway, we both work for our uncle Rusty Nails, he's a contractor who restores old houses. That's about it for introductions, so feel free to ask us anything you want!

• Brohoof 2

18 hours ago, Mellow Mane said:

I got a question for Douglas: what are your favourite plants?

Well, since I'm from California, my favorite tree is obviously the coastal redwood. They're the biggest trees in the world, growing up to 379 feet tall. My home city of San Franciscolt is right in the middle of the redwood's natural range, and I've been to all 31 of California's redwood state parks.

As for plants that I can actually grow in my garden at home, I have a lot of favorite wildflowers native to northern California. If I had to pick just one, I'd probably go with the California wild rose. It grows year round, it's really pretty, and the fragrance is amazing!

dea4c00d-41f8-47eb-baa6-24fa1c482cf8.jpg

• Brohoof 1