Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Do You Think Sony's My Little Pony Movie Would've Turned Out?

Spidey10

For those who don't know, before Hasbro teamed up with Lionsgate to make the 2017 My Little Pony film (Which I enjoyed even though I felt like it could've been paced better), they were originally going to work on it with Sony Pictures. However according to leaked emails from the 2014 Sony Hacks, there were major creative differences between the 2 companies and Sony wanted to make the film a live action/animated hybrid where the Mane Six come to the real world Smurfs movie style and maybe have the Mane Six be voiced by big name Hollywood stars instead of the main voice cast from the show.

I'm glad this never happened. I don't hate Sony like a lot of other people do. Yes they've made recent rubbish like The Emoji Movie, Flatliners, Ghostbusters 2016, Holmes And Watson, and Annie 2014, but they've also given us some good and entertaining films in recent years like Baby Driver, Venom, Into The Spider-Verse, 22 Jump Street, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, and Jumanji. But this MLP movie pitch sounded disastrous. Most of these live action/CGI films based on children's shows/books suck. Yeah Paddington 1 and 2 and Detective Pikachu were really good/great, but you also have awful films like Garfield and Chipmunks. Had this happened, I imagine it would've been a disaster.

What do you think of Sony's idea for the film? Comment and let me know and thanks for reading. :0)

• Brohoof 2

Uhm...Screw all of Hollywood. Without eye candy, nobody would ever watch their crap en mass. They're a bunch of lecherous thieves that poison our culture with hate, materialism and obsession over brainless fake-breasted bimbos and useless men with pretty faces.

But that's just my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

Sony wanted to make the film a live action/animated hybrid where the Mane Six come to the real world Smurfs movie style and maybe have the Mane Six be voiced by big name Hollywood stars instead of the main voice cast from the show.

:stressed: Standard stuff! I am not really thrilled over how the movie turned out, but if Sony had gotten their movie, it would have been ignored by the fans just like "Dragonball Evolution". Instead, I have to somehow try to defend a Princess Twilight Sparkle stealing, while other fans just love the movie for reasons.

• Brohoof 1

Reposting from another thread:

A. Sonic/ Smerfs live action/ CGI deal. Ponies sent to humanverse. Struggle to adapt to human life. Horse villain escapes and becomes stronger through human world macguffins. Ponies and human work together to banish. Ponies go home. Guy gets awkward love interest. 

B. Space Jam/ Rocky and Bullwinkle style live action/ animated deal where ponies are brought to earth where MLP does exist. 4th wall breaks and meta commentary ensue. children and their single dad/ overworked parents are brought closer together. 

C. Alice in Wonderland style reboot sequel, where G1s adult Megan is called back to aid G4 Equestria. Themes of "I don't remember/ I can't do it. I'm not the same person/ This isn't the same Equestria." Does it anyway. Has life affirming revelation and goes home. 

D. Ella Enchanted/ Fat Albert animation to live action conversion.  Equestria girls, but everypony is a live action human and everyone is tangentially like their pony counterparts. Deconstruction of fantasy kids shows and their morals but still preaches them in the end. Everyone at the local high school stops acting like sociopaths an start doing pep rally flash mobs. 

E. Equestria girls but it looks like the Monster High films (post reboot). 

• Brohoof 2

I imagine it would've been a CGI/live action hybrid, the story would've taken place on Earth instead of Equestria, everypony would've been voiced by celebrities, and it would've likely sucked.

• Brohoof 1

The only thing I am sure is that I am going to watch it together with my friends in the movie theatre, wearing bussines suits and we're gonna have a good time whether it's good or bad. 

If it's good we're happy. If it's bad we make fun of it. 

• Brohoof 1