Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Help me improve my OC!

digitea

I think this OC is as fine as it is. His backstory makes a lot of sense in my opinion, it almost resembles a show like event, much like an episode when you mentioned CMC. Overall, you did a great job creating the OC.

Edited by Flow
  • Brohoof 1

I don't watch it, but his appearance immediately reminded me of Pearl from Steven Universe.

I don't think they explored the concept of an adult blank flank (outside of Gabby who was another species though) because it's either not possible or you'd have to be a complete shut in, living in really dark circumstances like having been locked in a basement for your whole life. I did read a fanfic once that explored something like this, can't remember what the cutie mark situation was. It was good but clearly not family friendly material.

There's also the difficulty of the CMC being late bloomers themselves, so encountering a pony older than them that's a blank flank is already very slim. The only pony adult I recall them helping was Trouble Shoes, and that's because he didn't understand the true meaning of his own Cutie Mark.

Unfortunately I can't offer much advice without critically changing the character you've come up with. I do like the cutie mark you've designed, in that it's unique but straightforward and simple. For now I would say, maybe do more with Cosmo's design as there is very little going on with a solid white coat and pink mane. The combination could also be considered effeminate, but for all I know that's what you were going for.

• Brohoof 1