Jump to content

searching [CLOSED] The Town Friendship Forgot


Samurai Equine

Recommended Posts

"The Town Friendship Forgot"
Currently accepting applications. Also accepting all ideas and input.

 

INTRO:

Princess Twilight Sparkle has become the ruler of all of Equestria, uniting many and making the kingdom more harmonious.
However, there was one town that she never visited. A town that her friendship map never pointed to. A town that was often overlooked because it wasn't on most maps...

Welcome to the town of Friendshire! Ponies and creatures from far and wide would often stumble on this town if they didn't feel like they belonged anywhere else. If Ponyville just wasn't right for them, if Yakyakistan was too destructive, if Griffinstone felt too coldhearted... Whatever the reason, if you couldn't find a place you belong and decided to wonder in the great unknown, you just might find Friendshire. It's not a small or poor town, by any means. It's big enough to rival Canterlot, and all the buildings and homes are well taken care of. Plenty of room for all!
However, it's up to all the citizens to pitch in and try to make this place worth living in. This town is a last resort for others who need a place to belong.

Once upon a time, Friendshire was ruled by two mayors who worked in unison wonderfully. Then, one day, the two mayors stopped getting along. They separated to different ends of the town, and they barely do anything for the town anymore. Hardly anyone sees their faces, and they hardly ever do anything to govern the town.

But all hope is not lost!
There is a pony with a magical item. This item will eventually help reunite the two mayors and make the town perfect again.
However, this magical item will need the assistance of as many creatures as possible. It will lead everyone down a series of different quests, activities, and journeys. Those who wish to do so can help directly, and those who wish to do otherwise can show their support through other means.
Either way, this town needs as many occupants as it gets.
...So what do you say? Need a place to belong? It might not be perfect, but there will never be a dull moment in Friendshire.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABOUT THE RP:

THIS ROLEPLAY IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED.

We are no longer accepting applicants. Thank you for your interest.

 

LINK TO THE RP:

Spoiler

 

Thank you for the memories.

Edited by Toshigami Equine
  • Brohoof 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Samurai Equine

Oo! I like this idea. I'd definently want to join.

I like the supernatural tidbit. 

I feel like Fable (the OC I wanna use) would be useful for that, since she comes from a family of Earth Ponies who either have mystical powers or have something related to that. (Fable's sister Mystique is a fortune teller, and their mother can sense evil and good auras).

So... I feel like she would be useful in that section. 

 

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

I feel like Fable (the OC I wanna use) would be useful for that, since she comes from a family of Earth Ponies who either have mystical powers or have something related to that. (Fable's sister Mystique is a fortune teller, and their mother can sense evil and good auras).

There's room for the entire mystic family! But if you only want to RP as one character, that's fine too. :mlp_yeehaa: Either way, I can definitely make that work for the RP!

Do you have any suggestions for events or for the name of the town? Puns are accepted.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

There's room for the entire mystic family! But if you only want to RP as one character, that's fine too. :mlp_yeehaa: Either way, I can definitely make that work for the RP!

Do you have any suggestions for events or for the name of the town? Puns are accepted.

How about "The Friend Zone"

(And I can rp as more than one character)

Edited by Emerald Heart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

How about "The Friend Zone"

Hmm... Never heard of that before. I know about it in terms of dating, but not sure what it means as an event. But if it's something anyone can take part it, then I'd be happy to add it to the list. :rarity: Is it like The Twilight Zone?

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Hmm... Never heard of that before. I know about it in terms of dating, but not sure what it means as an event. But if it's something anyone can take part it, then I'd be happy to add it to the list. :rarity: Is it like The Twilight Zone?

I thought you were asking for a name for the town?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This looks really interesting. This is something that I would love to participate in.

2 hours ago, Emerald Heart said:

How about "The Friend Zone"

I like the idea of it being known as "Friend Zone." Starlight's village was named "Our Town." So, a town named friend zone works just as well. Plus, the village was separated into two and nobody in town barely sees each other. That sort of like being friend zoned in a way.

I do like the idea of a fighting tournament. Is it sort of like video game related, or actual fighting like in fighting anime? 

  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dynamo Pad said:

This looks really interesting. This is something that I would love to participate in.

I like the idea of it being known as "Friend Zone." Starlight's village was named "Our Town." So, a town named friend zone works just as well. Plus, the village was separated into two and nobody in town barely sees each other. That sort of like being friend zoned in a way.

I do like the idea of a fighting tournament. Is it sort of like video game related, or actual fighting like in fighting anime? 

That does sound fun, right?

And although the OC I want to use isn't athletic, she is pretty smart, and could probably hold her own based on observation and cleverness. 

In fact, I believe she and Dyanamo Pad would get along quite well.

  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Emerald Heart said:

That does sound fun, right?

And although the OC I want to use isn't athletic, she is pretty smart, and could probably hold her own based on observation and cleverness. 

In fact, I believe she and Dyanamo Pad would get along quite well.

I know I'd be playing as Dynamo for the RP. He's more of a gamer and not a fighter, but I have an idea for how he could fight. He could probably use spells like one would use in video games. Sort of like some of the magic spells from Kingdom Hearts. I remember in another RP, he has a NES Power Glove that was known as a Quest Controller. With it, he can use his magic to create any weapon from any video game like Keyblades, the Monodo from Xenoblade Chronicles and even the Mega Buster from Megaman. So, I know I'd try and bring that into the story if there was a fighting tournament. 

I know we worked on two RP's together, but I don't think I've done an RP with Fable. Although, I can agree that I think Dynamo and Fable would get along very well. 

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I know I'd be playing as Dynamo for the RP. He's more of a gamer and not a fighter, but I have an idea for how he could fight. He could probably use spells like one would use in video games. Sort of like some of the magic spells from Kingdom Hearts. I remember in another RP, he has a NES Power Glove that was known as a Quest Controller. With it, he can use his magic to create any weapon from any video game like Keyblades, the Monodo from Xenoblade Chronicles and even the Mega Buster from Megaman. So, I know I'd try and bring that into the story if there was a fighting tournament. 

I know we worked on two RP's together, but I don't think I've done an RP with Fable. Although, I can agree that I think Dynamo and Fable would get along very well. 

She's pretty quiet and mysterious though.

Think silent Kirin with Zecora vibe. She does talk, but not a lot. She shows her care through action instead of words, and nopony can ever really tell what she's thinking cuz she has such a straight face

  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

She's pretty quiet and mysterious though.

Think silent Kirin with Zecora vibe. She does talk, but not a lot. She shows her care through action instead of words, and nopony can ever really tell what she's thinking cuz she has such a straight face

It feels like an interesting dynamic. Dynamo with being being spontaneous and being a goofball, while Fable is quiet and mysterious.

I hope she doesn't mind if he is like that as he tries to be happy go lucky, while seeing the good in everyone. I was about to say was Fable a Kirin. However, I reread the post and I understood as I thought I confused myself. :ButtercupLaugh:

  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the premise, I'm interested~

Pastel would be good for this RP. She actually is a pretty good singer (in accordance to one of the events) and doesn't necessarily have a place to belong; she's weird. Might just stumble upon the place while off on one of her grand little adventures.

  • Brohoof 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

This looks really interesting. This is something that I would love to participate in.

I like the idea of it being known as "Friend Zone." Starlight's village was named "Our Town." So, a town named friend zone works just as well. Plus, the village was separated into two and nobody in town barely sees each other. That sort of like being friend zoned in a way.

I do like the idea of a fighting tournament. Is it sort of like video game related, or actual fighting like in fighting anime? 

Well, that's two votes for "Friend Zone". I put Grishwood as a more normal-sounding alternative, but I do like the irony of naming it Friend Zone. :)

As for your question, it would definitely be like the tournaments you see in anime. However, I like the idea of having a video game-based event! Something where technology meets magic. I'll be sure to add that to the list!

4 hours ago, Pastel-chan said:

I like the premise, I'm interested~

Pastel would be good for this RP. She actually is a pretty good singer (in accordance to one of the events) and doesn't necessarily have a place to belong; she's weird. Might just stumble upon the place while off on one of her grand little adventures.

We'd be more than happy to have you! And if you have any story, event, or town name suggestions; feel free to share! :kirin:

  • Brohoof 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

It feels like an interesting dynamic. Dynamo with being being spontaneous and being a goofball, while Fable is quiet and mysterious.

I hope she doesn't mind if he is like that as he tries to be happy go lucky, while seeing the good in everyone. I was about to say was Fable a Kirin. However, I reread the post and I understood as I thought I confused myself. :ButtercupLaugh:

Nah, she'd be fine.

She's friends with Emerald Heart, after all.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Well, that's two votes for "Friend Zone". I put Grishwood as a more normal-sounding alternative, but I do like the irony of naming it Friend Zone. :)

As for your question, it would definitely be like the tournaments you see in anime. However, I like the idea of having a video game-based event! Something where technology meets magic. I'll be sure to add that to the list!

Awesome! I do like the idea of character based events that revolve around the characters. Helps get to know each character, while also building upon friendships and character development. 

Plus, I could see Dynamo trying to head to a video game tournament, but he must have gotten lost. Finding a place that would be accepting and where you can belong. Since he went to a school that bullied him for being the last in class to get a cutie mark and because of not being able to use magic. Even though he is a unicorn and was born with a sort of birth defect with his unicorn horn. 

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Quinch said:

Y'know what? Yeah, I'm in. It's time to dust off the roleplaying cobwebs and this seems like a good enough a start.

Thanks for showing an interest! :)

Do you have any OCs you want to play as? If anyone wants to, I'm also allowing canon characters from the show, but on a limited basis.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

We'd be more than happy to have you! And if you have any story, event, or town name suggestions; feel free to share! :kirin:

Well if you need an antagonist for an arc I've had an idea brewing, a Pastel production~ I'd have to dm you because spoilers though.

A stage play would be great too! Like a ponified Romeo and Juliet or something similar

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Pastel-chan said:

Well if you need an antagonist for an arc I've had an idea brewing, a Pastel production~ I'd have to dm you because spoilers though.

A stage play would be great too! Like a ponified Romeo and Juliet or something similar

My inbox is always open. :BrightMacContent:

  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Thanks for showing an interest! :)

Do you have any OCs you want to play as? If anyone wants to, I'm also allowing canon characters from the show, but on a limited basis.

I might just make something fresh - the QuinchOC is something I have on a backburner because I have a different arc direction planned for him, I kinda gave up on playing Sweet Comfort since I can't pull off the insight/empathy she's focused around and Drakontipa would be far more of a liability than anything.

I'm thinking maybe one of those sharkguys from Klugetown? Should be a fun experiment.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Samurai Equine The Friend Zone is certainly a funny name for the town, but I do have another suggestion. Since MLP is famous for its 'punny' town names like 'Fillydelphia' or 'Vanhoover', why not call the town 'Friendshire'. The name combines 'Friend', which is fitting for the town, and 'Shire' (A term for a division of land).

Edited by Astral Vision
Needed to include a name
  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

@Samurai Equine The Friend Zone is certainly a funny name for the town, but I do have another suggestion. Since MLP is famous for its 'punny' town names like 'Fillydelphia' or 'Vanhoover', why not call the town 'Friendshire'. The name combines 'Friend', which is fitting for the town, and 'Shire' (A term for a division of land).

 

I love that! :squee: And like "Friend Zone", it works on an ironic level too. It sounds like "Friend share", which would imply sharing friendship, something that the town hasn't done in a while.

It's going on the list!

Are you interested in joining the RP?

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

I love that! :squee: And like "Friend Zone", it works on an ironic level too. It sounds like "Friend share", which would imply sharing friendship, something that the town hasn't done in a while.

 

7 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

@Samurai Equine The Friend Zone is certainly a funny name for the town, but I do have another suggestion. Since MLP is famous for its 'punny' town names like 'Fillydelphia' or 'Vanhoover', why not call the town 'Friendshire'. The name combines 'Friend', which is fitting for the town, and 'Shire' (A term for a division of land).

 

Friendshire does sound like an interesting name, as well. It kind of reminds me of Goldshire from World of Warcraft. 

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...