Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [CLOSED] The Town Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine

• NAME: Astral Vision
  • SPECIES: Unicorn
  • RESIDENCE: Travel Cart
  • BACKGROUND:

Astral Vision grew up in Canterlot while attending Princess Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns. Astral was devoted to his studies and loved to exercise his brain, though he especially enjoyed using his imagination. Astral’s many ideas eventually materialized in the form of mental projection magic, which was very difficult for most young unicorns, and Astral used this magic to entertain both his classmates and even Celestia herself. This soon caught the attention of the ‘Equestria Wizards Association’ (EWA), an organization of wizards tasked with the documentation of all Equestrian magic. Astral Vision was accepted into their ranks once he graduated, and was pushed to read nearly every magic book in their library. After flipping through thousands of tales and documents, Astral realized that he wanted to learn much more about the world firsthoof, and this discovery gifted him with a very unique cutie mark. Astral Vision departed from the EWA to travel across Equestria, and while he’s sometimes busy archiving or writing his next novel, this unicorn is always willing to lend a helping hoof.

• PERSONALITY: Analytical, Perceptive, Kind-hearted, Patient, and Determined.

• PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:

Astral Vision is an average-sized blue unicorn with a gold blonde mane and turquoise eyes. Unlike a traditional wizard, Astral is usually seen wearing a black hoodie jacket instead of a cloak. Strangely though, every time he wears his hood, his horn never seems to poke through it. Some believe this to be a great mystery of Equestria, others simply disregard it, though even Astral isn’t sure why this is the case. :okiedokieloki:

• REF IMAGE: Nothing, for now...

2 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

@Samurai Equine

• NAME: Astral Vision

Added! Have fun! :)

Also, to everyone RPing, I've updated the top post a little bit.
Once you are in the town as a resident, it's up to you to be self-sufficient. Don't be afraid to tackle on a job or whatever you want to do for a living. Just act like either no one is there, or the ones that do care are happy for you to come over and start working. Very informal. Just do as you please, be social with others now and again, and keep an eye open for when major stories/events are announced.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Dynamo Pad

Yes. He's the same character you see in my avatar. He's an asian pony, so he has a curved horn. :catface:

Oh, okay. I wasn't sure if he was also the Census pony, as well or if it was someone else.

That's pretty awesome and I didn't know that. I guess I couldn't see the curved unicorn horn in the profile pic.

I based my OC off of myself due to a medical problem with my neck. His horn was born as a birth defect as his mother was a regular unicorn. So, the doctor's chalked it up as a birth defect. However, my OC had the curved horn, before the legend of Mistmane was revealed. I actually wondered if maybe my OC had a sort of relative that dated back into Mistmane's time. Along with being able to use the magic style they had from way back when instead of the magic now. If there was character stories, then would something like that work? :catface:

Edited by Dynamo Pad

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

Oh, okay. I wasn't sure if he was also the Census pony, as well or if it was someone else.

That's pretty awesome and I didn't know that. I guess I couldn't see the curved unicorn horn in the profile pic.

I based my OC off of myself due to a medical problem with my neck. His horn was born as a birth defect as his mother was a regular unicorn. So, the doctor's chalked it up as a birth defect. However, my OC had the curved horn, before the legend of Mistmane was revealed. I actually wondered if maybe my OC had a sort of relative that dated back into Mistmane's time. Along with being able to use the magic style they had from way back when instead of the magic now. If there was character stories, then would something like that work? :catface:

The census pony is just a one-time NPC. My character, Samurai, is a separate character. Sorry if that wasn't perfectly clear. ^_^

It happens. I made a Sonic OC that had fire powers, and that was before Sega made Blaze the Cat.
And I don't see why not. It's your character, so feel free to make whatever connections you want. :)

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Samurai Equine said:

The census pony is just a one-time NPC. My character, Samurai, is a separate character. Sorry if that wasn't perfectly clear. ^_^

It happens. I made a Sonic OC that had fire powers, and that was before Sega made Blaze the Cat.
And I don't see why not. It's your character, so feel free to make whatever connections you want. :)

Oh, okay and thanks for letting that know. Also, no worries on any confusion. ^_^ 

That's true. I actually freaked out as Mistmane was one of my favorite legends and it gave me more room to improve upon my OC. :ButtercupLaugh:

Okay and cool. The moment I saw Samurai asked if they were from the same village, I did a double take. :laugh: I thought that was pretty interesting. :D 

@Pastel-chan

I'm sorry about the random hug Dynamo gave. It was more of an older brother protecting his sibling kind of hug.

Do you think that Dynamo and Pastel would be like siblings to each other? Dynamo being the responsible big brother, while being a part of some random shenanigans alongside Pastel?

3 minutes ago, Pastel-chan said:

@Dynamo Pad

Why are you sorry? Hug her as much as you want, she loved it!

They get along pretty well, so if Dynamo can handle her craziness, she'll love him to bits. Good luck!

Oh, okay! I saw the comment that said flag. So, I was worried that something was wrong. :ButtercupLaugh:

That sounds interesting. I can they'd be like siblings. Given they like video games and maybe other things as time goes on. Plus, Dynamo is a bit of a goofball. So, I can imagine that works alongside her craziness. ^_^ I guess only time shall tell. :) Also, I guess it depends on what Pastel thinks of the idea and all that's been going on.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

6 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Oh, okay! I saw the comment that said flag. So, I was worried that something was wrong. :ButtercupLaugh:

That sounds interesting. I can they'd be like siblings. Given they like video games and maybe other things as time goes on. Plus, Dynamo is a bit of a goofball. So, I can imagine that works alongside her craziness. ^_^ I guess only time shall tell. :) Also, I guess it depends on what Pastel thinks of the idea and all that's been going on.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EventFlag

This is what I meant by flag; the silly video game pony should know :mlp_wink:

Pastel is a weird one; the only family she has is her grandpa so that's the only family she has to compare anything to. A brother figure wouldn't be bad for her though, someone's gotta control the chaos after all~

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Pastel-chan said:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EventFlag

This is what I meant by flag; the silly video game pony should know :mlp_wink:

Pastel is a weird one; the only family she has is her grandpa so that's the only family she has to compare anything to. A brother figure wouldn't be bad for her though, someone's gotta control the chaos after all~

Oh, now I know what you're talking about. I remember watching an anime that used the flag system to progress through the story. I didn't think flags also worked in video games, but that does makes sense. :ButtercupLaugh:

I saw that she mentioned her parents, but I guess that there's more to it than that if you said her only family is her grandpa, right? I think that would be pretty cool as having a brother figure would give Pastel some character development, while still being her hyperactive self. I'm not sure if chaos can be controlled, but I guess we shall see what happens. :) 

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Bastian said:

You saw what I posted last, what do you think? Who wants and who doesn't wants to make it real? All of us will be involved in it.

I like it. I'll put it on the list of events, and we'll get it to it in due time. Sound good? :)

@Emerald Heart, @Pastel-chan, @Windy Breeze, @Dynamo Pad, @ExplosionMare, @Bastian, @Quinch, @Astral Vision

Just to let everyone know (in case it wasn't super obvious), please forgive me if my replies to the RP come in slow.
I have a regular job that keeps me busy til about 5 in the afternoon. If anyone is RPing while I'm away, it's because of that (or different time zones, or other factors).
Weekends are usually better because I'm off work, but I may end up spending some time with the family or shopping or something.

Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop. :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 5

@Samurai Equine

No need to apologize for work, I'm just happy to be having fun. ^_^

Btw Samurai, since my character and a couple of others may be investigating the two mayors and the town further, do the mayors have any names? If not, I could help with them.

@Bastian

It sounds like it could be an interesting plot point, similar to Nightmare Moon or King Sombra I'd imagine? Maybe this darkness could have something to do with the divide between the two mayors? If done right, I think it would be a good idea.

Edited by Astral Vision
Better consistency.
  • Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Pastel-chan said:

@Samurai Equine

No worries! Can't stop life sadly. If anything I'm worried about getting left behind sooo~ ^-^;

6 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Pastel-chan

Same here, these RPs move really quickly.

I know what you mean. I just got home from the movie and had some things to take care of. I was worried I wouldn't be able to respond and I thought I was left behind. :( 

It would be cool if there was a way to let others know in the chance they did fall behind.