Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [CLOSED] The Town Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

18 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

@Samurai Equine

It's cool.

If anything, I'm the slowest replier here. I have school Monday-Thursday and usually end up staying super late in the library doing hw, so plz forgive me for also being slow. 

S'all good, friend. Feel free to focus on what matters most. :)

@Dynamo Pad, @Astral Vision

I find it funny whenever RPers use words like "Japanese" to describe my character. ^_^ Not that I'm any better, I use the umbrella term "asian" to describe Mistmane and other curved-horn unicorns.
Technically, there is no Asia, China, or Japan in Equestria; even though my OC is clearly based on Japanese culture. I have nothing against a horse-related puns like "Neighpon" or "Japon". Whatever you feel like using.
I just wish the TV show or the comics had given a name to Mistmane's village.

Anyways, just thought I'd point that out. Not asking anyone to change or edit their reply, just saying how I get a humorous little giggle out of it. Some of it can't be helped for the sake of story, but I still find it funny. :coco:

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Dynamo Pad, @Astral Vision

I find it funny whenever RPers use words like "Japanese" to describe my character. ^_^ Not that I'm any better, I use the umbrella term "asian" to describe Mistmane and other curved-horn unicorns.
Technically, there is no Asia, China, or Japan in Equestria; even though my OC is clearly based on Japanese culture. I have nothing against a horse-related puns like "Neighpon" or "Japon". Whatever you feel like using.
I just wish the TV show or the comics had given a name to Mistmane's village.

Anyways, just thought I'd point that out. Not asking anyone to change or edit their reply, just saying how I get a humorous little giggle out of it. Some of it can't be helped for the sake of story, but I still find it funny. :coco:

That's true. Although, I did remember reading a fan fiction that had the word Jockeypan. A sort of play on words for Japan. So, I would have imagined a pony version of Japanese would be maybe Japonies? I never would have thought of Neighpon or Japon, but those are pretty clever horse-related puns. 

It's a shame that they didn't delve into Mistmane or any of the other pillars. I did like how they showed their lives after their battle with the pony of shadows. Thanks for letting us know and I'll keep that in mind. :) 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Bastian @Windy Breeze @Emerald Heart @Dynamo Pad @Pastel-chan

The way I see it right now, there are at least three precise plot lines.

1) Samurai Equine is trying to bring more ponies into the town of 'Friendshire', and has a magical artifact with currently unknown origins and possible powers. (Btw, Samurai. Thanks for using 'Friendshire' as the town name. ^_^)

2) Astral Vision is curious of the town's origin as well as the dispute between the two mayors, so he's currently going to the library with Dynamo and Pastel to learn more.

3) Dynamo's quest is currently intertwined with Astral's, and he wants to know more about his possible ancestry. Plus, Dynamo seems to want to learn more about magic, maybe even develop his own? (Video Game Magic)

4) Pastel is trying to avoid Summer camp (I think), and is willing to help 'Dyny' with anything, so odds are their story arcs could be a shared single arc.

As for the rest of the RP that has passed, I'm sure there could be many more story arcs fitted in. Of course, this is up to Samurai on where the plot goes, I just figured this recap could be useful.

33 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Samurai Equine @Bastian @Windy Breeze @Emerald Heart @Dynamo Pad @Pastel-chan

The way I see it right now, there are at least three precise plot lines.

1) Samurai Equine is trying to bring more ponies into the town of 'Friendshire', and has a magical artifact with currently unknown origins and possible powers. (Btw, Samurai. Thanks for using 'Friendshire' as the town name. ^_^)

2) Astral Vision is curious of the town's origin as well as the dispute between the two mayors, so he's currently going to the library with Dynamo and Pastel to learn more.

3) Dynamo's quest is currently intertwined with Astral's, and he wants to know more about his possible ancestry. Plus, Dynamo seems to want to learn more about magic, maybe even develop his own? (Video Game Magic)

4) Pastel is trying to avoid Summer camp (I think), and is willing to help 'Dyny' with anything, so odds are their story arcs could be a shared single arc.

As for the rest of the RP that has passed, I'm sure there could be many more story arcs fitted in. Of course, this is up to Samurai on where the plot goes, I just figured this recap could be useful.

1) Samurai has stopped for the time being. Once the first day is finished, he'll begin the first big activity (and hopefully, the majority of the RPers here will join in). And don't thank me, thank the randomizer. :)

2) If you or Dynamo need help with that, let me know. I am willing to let it be background story for now, but I am not ready for a major story event involving any of the mayors. I am building up to that. For now, my second character Trilby Hatter has said that he is an assistant for one of the mayors.

3 & 4) Again, I'll let you all develop that on your own for now. Let me know if you need me for anything.

11 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Emerald Heart

Samurai is still in his house as far as I know. Me, Dynamo, and Pastel should be close to the town's library. Bastian is in an apartment, Windy Breeze is at a clothing store, and your character is wherever you wanted it to be. In other words, everypony is near the town centre.

Correction, heading for the Clothing store with my other OC. Not quite there yet. But other then that, yeah, that's where everyone is.

21 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

@Astral Vision

I read the recap, but that's still not the question I was asking.

*clears throat*

WHERE IS YOUR OC CURRENTLY STANDING. WHERE IN THE TOWN ARE THEY? 

If you want, you can have your OC talk to Windy and Trilby. I tagged you since it didn't seem like you were doing much with you character, thought you might want some additional assistance. But feel free to do whatever you like! :squee:

• Brohoof 1

@Astral Vision

Pastel and Dynamo are pretty much caught up in a red string now, haha. She'll stick by him for the most part unless something happens.

I'm thinking maybe Pastel will write a letter to her grandpa, who can make a cameo at some point if that would be permitted. That would pretty much be her arc; she'll also shine when the competition's start if she gets to sing:3

8 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

If you want, you can have your OC talk to Windy and Trilby. I tagged you since it didn't seem like you were doing much with you character, thought you might want some additional assistance. But feel free to do whatever you like! :squee:

Thanks, yeah. I've been busy lately.

1 minute ago, Pastel-chan said:

@Astral Vision

Pastel and Dynamo are pretty much caught up in a red string now, haha. She'll stick by him for the most part unless something happens.

I'm thinking maybe Pastel will write a letter to her grandpa, who can make a cameo at some point if that would be permitted. That would pretty much be her arc; she'll also shine when the competition's start if she gets to sing:3

I can see Pastel's grandpa showing up to take Pastel home. Maybe after getting to see the sibling relationship between Dynamo and Pastel would change his mind? Sort of like asking him to make sure she stays safe when he leaves to go back home?

8 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I can see Pastel's grandpa showing up to take Pastel home. Maybe after getting to see the sibling relationship between Dynamo and Pastel would change his mind? Sort of like asking him to make sure she stays safe when he leaves to go back home?

He'll show up, and gods have mercy when he does; when he knows where she is. He'll wanna take her home at first but change his mind when he sees that Pastel is having fun, and that the place is "Shoal class".

Her grandpa is... interesting, to say the least. I don't think anypony is ready for him :ButtercupLaugh:

I know this sounds silly but I have no idea who Trilby is and that seems to be important to continue in the roleplay (I haven’t much today). Can someone just fill me in real quick? I know he owns a hat shop but that’s about it.

3 minutes ago, Windy Breeze said:

@Bastian @Samurai Equine @Emerald Heart

I'm using Shadow Trail, not Windy Breeze. 

Sorry! I typed that name without thinking. :adorkable: When I type replies to an RP, I've got a lot things going on at once, so I might make mistakes like that. I'll try not to make that mistake again. I've edited my replies to use the right name.

2 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I know this sounds silly but I have no idea who Trilby is and that seems to be important to continue in the roleplay (I haven’t much today). Can someone just fill me in real quick? I know he owns a hat shop but that’s about it.

Trilby Hatter, that's my other OC. I'm playing two. My main one is Samurai Equine, but my other is Trilby Hatter. One is an asian warrior, the other makes hats and clothing for a living. :squee:

2 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Sorry! I typed that name without thinking. :adorkable: When I type replies to an RP, I've got a lot things going on at once, so I might make mistakes like that. I'll try not to make that mistake again. I've edited my replies to use the right name.

Trilby Hatter, that's my other OC. I'm playing two. My main one is Samurai Equine, but my other is Trilby Hatter. One is an asian warrior, the other makes hats and clothing for a living. :squee:

Nah, I don't mind. I was just mildy confused how Windy suddenly manage to break the fourth wall. 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1