Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [CLOSED] The Town Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

On 6/3/2020 at 5:57 PM, Ragland Tiger said:

For those who might be curious about Bluebell's background:  I gave her an extensive biography.  She met Twilight Sparkle a few years before Celestia sent Twilight to Ponyville.  At that time Bluebell was poor and illiterate.  Twilight, and later Celestia, taught her how to read and write.:)

16 hours ago, Samurai Equine 🔥🔥 said:

That's coo! Maybe we can use this to bring in some of the mane six later on. :)

@Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine 🔥🔥 @Pastel Heart

It could be nice to see some of the Mane 6 brought in for a cameo. Looking at them, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie may be busy in Ponyville with their respective jobs. In terms of scenarios for the others, here are a few to spitball; Rainbow could be in town for a Wonder Bolts air show, Rarity could show for a fashion competition against Trilby Hatter, Applejack may be making a delivery to the town, or Twilight could come to visit Dr. Milenko since he worked at the School Of Friendship.

Btw, Ragland. Astral has a bit of a connection to Celestia as well, so maybe our characters could chat the next day after the race?, once Samurai clarifies the newest page that's been found later on.

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

It could be nice to see some of the Mane 6 brought in for a cameo. Looking at them, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie may be busy in Ponyville with their respective jobs. In terms of scenarios for the others, here are a few to spitball; Rainbow could be in town for a Wonder Bolts air show, Rarity could show for a fashion competition against Trilby Hatter, Applejack may be making a delivery to the town, or Twilight could come to visit Dr. Milenko since he worked at the School Of Friendship.

Btw, Ragland. Astral has a bit of a connection to Celestia as well, so maybe our characters could chat the next day after the race?, once Samurai clarifies the newest page that's been found later on.

@Astral Vision

That would be pretty cool ideas for the cameos. I was wondering something. Would Starlight be able to be a cameo, as well? Just like how you said Astral has a connection to Celestia. Dynamo has a connection to Starlight that hopefully is explained later on in the story. 

1 minute ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Astral Vision

That would be pretty cool ideas for the cameos. I was wondering something. Would Starlight be able to be a cameo, as well? Just like how you said Astral has a connection to Celestia. Dynamo has a connection to Starlight that hopefully is explained later on in the story. 

@Dynamo Pad

Anything is possible so long as it doesn't seem forced into the plot. If you already have an idea for your connection to Starlight, all you need is a way to introduce it into the plot that seems like a lead in rather than out of no where. For example, once Astral eventually reveals he is a member of the E.W.E.(Equestria Wizardry Enterprise), the hint towards it is all of the magic he's capable of. Does this make sense?

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Dynamo Pad

Anything is possible so long as it doesn't seem forced into the plot. If you already have an idea for your connection to Starlight, all you need is a way to introduce it into the plot that seems like a lead in rather than out of no where. For example, once Astral eventually reveals he is a member of the E.W.E.(Equestria Wizardry Enterprise), the hint towards it is all of the magic he's capable of. Does this make sense?

That's true when you put it that way and it does make sense. I have a story that happened in real life that I integrated into Dynamo's backstory. I wouldn't say it's show canon, but to me, it's kind of special, in a way. I guess it's difficult to explain as there are still some things that not many know about Dynamo. I guess it also depends on who would play the specific characters. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

2 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Astral Vision

My main OC, Samurai Equine, also has a connection to Celestia. As a samurai, his loyalty is to Celestia. Her orders out rank anything he could receive from his superiors at Neighpon, much like how samurai IRL are sworn the emperor. :BrightMacContent:

If Rarity was in town, it would be a bitter rivalry between her and Trilby. After all, her business ran him out of Ponyville and most other places. :ButtercupLaugh: And while I have no objection to any of the mane characters (if their cameos are done right), I hesitate to bring in Twilight or Celestia right away. Knowing them, they'd realize right away that things aren't right with the town. They'd see how unhappy the citizens are, and they'd notice that the town has gone largely forgotten by the rest of the world. They'd treat this as a friendship problem, and they're so OP that they'd probably fix things really fast. I think I'd rather wait til after the mayors have been reunited before I make that happen. I don't mind saving some activities to RP even after the main story line is over. :proud:

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Dynamo Pad, @Pastel Heart, @Astral Vision, @ExplosionMare

So, how does everyone want to decide who the winner is?

Coin toss? Randomizer? Or have you all reached a unanimous decision on your own?

@Pastel Heart @Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare

Looking at the past events in this RP, each seems to have a unique connection to each of our characters. Pastel did well at the talent show because of her hidden singing talent, and Dynamo did well because of his mother's dancing career. I imagine that once we get to top the fighting tournament event, it will connect the most with Samurai since he's, well, a "Samurai". Just to even things out so everyone gets a spotlight in the RP, my vote goes to Pencil winning the race, since she's seemed so eager from beginning to end. If anyone has a differing opinion, I obviously don't mind.

• Brohoof 2

21 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

Looking at the past events in this RP, each seems to have a unique connection to each of our characters. Pastel did well at the talent show because of her hidden singing talent, and Dynamo did well because of his mother's dancing career. I imagine that once we get to top the fighting tournament event, it will connect the most with Samurai since he's, well, a "Samurai". Just to even things out so everyone gets a spotlight in the RP, my vote goes to Pencil winning the race, since she's seemed so eager from beginning to end. If anyone has a differing opinion, I obviously don't mind.

When you were saying Dynamo did well because of his mother's dancing career. Did you mean during the karaoke event? If so, then I can see that, but I think he'll have a sort of spotlight if there was a video game tournament. If not, then no worries. :ButtercupLaugh: The race was more for Dynamo to give him an understanding/discovery of how his magic works. 

I think it would be okay if Pencil wins the race in the RP. It would seem like winning the race would bring out her confidence. :) 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
15 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

Just to even things out so everyone gets a spotlight in the RP, my vote goes to Pencil winning the race, since she's seemed so eager from beginning to end. If anyone has a differing opinion, I obviously don't mind.

15 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I think it would be okay if Pencil wins the race in the RP. It would seem like winning the race would bring out her confidence. :) 

13 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Samurai Equine

I'm good with Pencil taking it too! Give her her moment :3

7 hours ago, Ragland Tiger said:

@Astral Vision  @Samurai Equine  @Pastel Heart  @Dynamo Pad

I'm with you guys on Pencil.

Then it's unanimous. :proud:

5 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

@Samurai Equine @Astral Vision @Dynamo Pad @Pastel Heart @Ragland Tiger

I appreciate you guys voting for me :D

ExplosionMare, congratulations! Your OC is going to win the race.
Well, technically you and Astral are going to win since you both share a kart. So congratulations to the two of you. ^_^
I'll set up the last half of the victory lap, and you can all play it out however you want.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Then it's unanimous. :proud:

ExplosionMare, congratulations! Your OC is going to win the race.
Well, technically you and Astral are going to win since you both share a kart. So congratulations to the two of you. ^_^
I'll set up the last half of the victory lap, and you can all play it out however you want.

Yay! I already posted so I guess I’ll just wait for you. Will you be officially ending the race yourself?

(edited)

Sorry for my late responses in the RP. I've been really busy today and had some bad storms where I'm at for the past couple of days. I'll make sure to make my response in a little bit. 

@Ragland Tiger

I read your previous response when Dynamo and Bluebell were trying to land the cart, but I was wondering something. Was the magic that split into blue and white from Bluebell? I wasn't sure if the white magic spell was from Dynamo as his magic is orange. Also, I saw that Bluebell took the shockwave/damage from the cart landing, but it was also due to the spell. Is the same effect on Dynamo too?

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

She split her magical beam in two, and used one side to grab on to the shaft of the white beam, and the other to strike the top of the white beam. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. I will fix it in a while.:lie:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Ragland Tiger said:

She split her magical beam in two, and used one side to grab on to the shaft of the white beam, and the other to strike the top of the white beam. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. I will fix it in a while.:lie:

That's okay and thanks for clearing that up. :) 

I was just wondering about that as I wasn't sure what Dynamo's magic should do if he used his magic alongside Bluebell's. Also, is Dynamo okay after using the spell, or should he sustain some damage like Bluebell did? I wasn't sure as I think they were both using their magic to undo the spell, or something like that. 

1 minute ago, Ragland Tiger said:

Bluebell, effectively saved Dynamo from being injured. :)

Oh, I see. So, she took the brunt of the damage, while keeping Dynamo and Pastel safe from harm. I believe that she's out of the race and in the middle of that track, but I know he'll hopefully thank her for the help. :) 

• Brohoof 1

On 6/7/2020 at 7:56 AM, Ragland Tiger said:

@Samurai Equine Hey, Samurai, I was wondering if ,down the road, I could have Bluebell stumble on to one of the pages of "The Book", and start snooping around and getting into trouble in a comical, Perils of Pauline sort of way.  What say you? :)

Not extremely familiar with Perils of Pauline, but sure! I don't see why not. :fluttershy: Eventually, we will have to start progressing the plot around the two mayors, and I might just have plans beyond finding book pages. I know some want to know more about the character Final Premonition. I'll need to work that into the story as well.

• Brohoof 1