Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [CLOSED] The Town Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

15 minutes ago, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

Hey, @Samurai Equine, did all of friendship just entered inside a videogame all a sudden? I'm sorry I didn't make a move because of personal issues.

Sure did! :squee: I couldn't come up with any character suggestions for Shadow or Keen. But feel free to be creative! Make me some suggestions if you want. Maybe Keen could be one of the Dark characters.

1 minute ago, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

@Samurai Equine How many roles does the game have?

The only limit is your imagination. I'm just making stuff up as I go! The only rule I have is to try and be a little balanced about it.

I really don't know that much about Shadow or Keen to make too many suggestions. For Shadow, she might like being a AERONAUT, a master of all things flight related, including flight-based vehicles and weapons. Something similar would be a WIND MAGE, a mage that controls and manipulates the wind in many deadly ways. If you saw any listed in the RP, I could tell you more about that.

Otherwise, feel free to suggest something. As long as it's not super OP, it should be good. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

The only limit is your imagination. I'm just making stuff up as I go! The only rule I have is to try and be a little balanced about it.

I really don't know that much about Shadow or Keen to make too many suggestions. For Shadow, she might like being a AERONAUT, a master of all things flight related, including flight-based vehicles and weapons. Something similar would be a WIND MAGE, a mage that controls and manipulates the wind in many deadly ways. If you saw any listed in the RP, I could tell you more about that.

Otherwise, feel free to suggest something. As long as it's not super OP, it should be good. :squee:

I decided Keen's role is adventurer, she's a gamer after all.

Edited by Windy Breeze 🥧

(edited)
9 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

FYI I’m gonna be gone all day Saturday so I might not be able to post anything in the RP tomorrow

Same goes for me. I will be gone during the weekend, and I have no idea how long.

Hopefully, it will only be a short time, and I'll be back before too long. On the other than, depending on what I have to do, I might be gone all day. I'll be leaving to see a doctor about some medical issues. I don't think it's something too horrible. Best case scenario, he can figure it out without x-rays or anything. Worst case scenario: x-rays, CAT scans, and possibly more. I won't go into details right now because I don't want to worry anyone. I'll wait until after my appointment is over. Just know that it's not that serious of an issue, and I'll be just fine.

EDIT: Nevermind. Have to reschedule.

Edited by Samurai Equine

20 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Still waiting on that character form. Need that first. Do you need me to repost it here?

I know, I just needed some time to think about my character. So here it is:

• NAME: "Nopony" (he doesn't want to disclose his real name)
  • SPECIES: Earth Pony
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: Druid
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: He can channel the forces of nature to achieve various magical effects, like healing, conjuring lightning bolts, charming animals and accelerating plant growth. He does it very rarely though, and only in times of great need. He has a large amount of knowledge accumulated through the years.
  • PERSONALITY: Calm. Secretive. He doesn't talk much, and likes to listen what others have to say. He believes that logical thinking is the best way to solve problems.
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: He travels the world, searching for magical anomalies, which can lead to important information about possible threats to Equestria, or uncover some ancient mysteries.
  • DESCRIPTION AND/OR REF IMAGE:
Spoiler

2374146.png

(Basically it's a ponified version of my avatar, which is the Druid from the game Age of Wonders.)

• Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, PawelS said:

I know, I just needed some time to think about my character. So here it is:

• NAME: "Nopony" (he doesn't want to disclose his real name)
  • SPECIES: Earth Pony
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: Druid
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: He can channel the forces of nature to achieve various magical effects, like healing, conjuring lightning bolts, charming animals and accelerating plant growth. He does it very rarely though, and only in times of great need. He has a large amount of knowledge accumulated through the years.
  • PERSONALITY: Calm. Secretive. He doesn't talk much, and likes to listen what others have to say. He believes that logical thinking is the best way to solve problems.
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: He travels the world, searching for magical anomalies, which can lead to important information about possible threats to Equestria, or uncover some ancient mysteries.
  • DESCRIPTION AND/OR REF IMAGE:
  Reveal hidden contents

2374146.png

(Basically it's a ponified version of my avatar, which is the Druid from the game Age of Wonders.)

Sounds pretty good so far. Before we go any further, I would like to ask some follow up questions.

The RP is set in Friendshire, a town for creatures who are down on their luck and have nowhere else to go. It's also a place that most others stumble upon accidentally because its location has been lost to time. What would bring your character to Friendshire exactly? If he's there to investigate Friendshire, you should expect him to stay there a while. Most who make it to Friendshire end up staying for one reason or another.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/26/2020 at 5:22 PM, Samurai Equine said:

@Buck Testa, @CameoShadowness, @Emerald Heart

Are either of you still in this RP? Haven't heard from you in a while.
We're about to start a major event, and I'll tag you all again just to be sure.
However, unless I get a reply either in here on the RP itself, I'm just going to assume you've stepped away from this RP.

I'm pretty sure Emerald Heart started going back to school recently, so I'll understand if she can't find the time to do this.

Thanks for showing an interest in our RP. :) There is a character form on the first page of this thread. Fill it out and leave it here for me to review. If I like what I see, then you're in.

Keep in mind, we are currently entering a big event that will spread across the town in the RP. If you want to wait til the next day (not literally tomorrow, I mean the next day in the RP itself), I can always tag you when we're ready. Or, if you want to leap in as soon as possible, I can help make that possible.

Sorry, things have been horrible IRL so I have been far too... out of it I'll try coming in again tommarrow but i may have an off response.

• Brohoof 1

Quick update, I'll be here on the weekend after all. The doctor I was suppose to see got in touch with me again, and he was too busy to see me this weekend. I'll have to reschedule for next weekend, might even consider looking for a different doctor.

3 hours ago, Ragland Tiger said:

Sorry I got to the party late.  Can I still eek in?

Sure. :)

1 hour ago, CameoShadowness said:

Sorry, things have been horrible IRL so I have been far too... out of it I'll try coming in again tommarrow but i may have an off response.

It's fine. Take care of yourself and your life first.

14 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Sounds pretty good so far. Before we go any further, I would like to ask some follow up questions.

The RP is set in Friendshire, a town for creatures who are down on their luck and have nowhere else to go. It's also a place that most others stumble upon accidentally because its location has been lost to time. What would bring your character to Friendshire exactly? If he's there to investigate Friendshire, you should expect him to stay there a while. Most who make it to Friendshire end up staying for one reason or another.

It's due to the aforementioned magical anomalies. He doesn't know that the town is there, but he sees some signs that there is unknown magic at work, and he's going to investigate the issue. And I'm OK with him staying there for a longer time.

(edited)

@Kronos the Revenant, @C. Thunder Dash Not sure how Kronos is talking to Thundy or Chelsea since they are in two different locations entirely. :huh:

3 hours ago, PawelS said:

It's due to the aforementioned magical anomalies. He doesn't know that the town is there, but he sees some signs that there is unknown magic at work, and he's going to investigate the issue. And I'm OK with him staying there for a longer time.

Good enough for me. :BrightMacContent: I approve your character. I've added you to the list of participants on the first page, and I'll update the blog post to have your character listed in it.

49 minutes ago, CameoShadowness said:

I doubt that can be the case for today, btw I was gonna have Beryl call out potion mage. Does that sound any good?

POTION MAGE would be fine. :) In terms of allegiance, do you prefer to be a Heroic Character or a Dark Character? I give everyone a choice up front, otherwise I make the decision myself.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

I’m at the store with my sister, so I won’t be able to respond until a little later. I was wondering something, however. Are both groups separated from each other. As in for the groups that are with each mayor. I was just wondering because Chelsea had mentioned something to Dynamo on Kronos, but I think he’s with Tempest and the others. I could be wrong on that

3 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

POTION MAGE would be fine. :) In terms of allegiance, do you prefer to be a Heroic Character or a Dark Character? I give everyone a choice up front, otherwise I make the decision myself.

Given her nature, lets try a Dark character,

2 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I’m at the store with my sister, so I won’t be able to respond until a little later. I was wondering something, however. Are both groups separated from each other. As in for the groups that are with each mayor. I was just wondering because Chelsea had mentioned something to Dynamo on Kronos, but I think he’s with Tempest and the others. I could be wrong on that

That's what I was just clearing up. One group is one one castle, the other group is in a completely different castle. Not sure how they got confused on that. The Dark characters would not be sharing a castle with the Heroic Characters before the game has even properly begun. :twi:

1 minute ago, CameoShadowness said:

Given her nature, lets try a Dark character,

How very brave of you! Dark it is. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Samurai Equine

Yea, now that I think of it, I was expecting a boss like Kronos to be in a certain location...and I did have Chelsea talk to Dynamo telepathically since Kronos is a villain...not sure if that's okay...but I didn't want to take a risk. 

Actually, I was thinking that since Thundy and Chelsea are in a game, then maybe their normal powers/abilities would be suppressed for the the time being in favor of the powers/abilities their video game avatars have. Naturally, the characters they chose all ready compliment some of their abilities (like how Chelsea is a Water Mage), so powers like that are fine. I can overlook telepathy for now, but let's stick to what the video game has in mind.

38 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Good enough for me. :BrightMacContent: I approve your character. I've added you to the list of participants on the first page, and I'll update the blog post to have your character listed in it.

Thank you, let me know when it's time for him to enter the story.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Samurai Equine

I was thinking somewhat of the same, but what if a special dice roll would permit everyone a "hidden power"...?

That's why the game has shops. You purchase upgrades there, one of which would be a hidden power feature that you speak of. :)

3 minutes ago, PawelS said:

Thank you, let me know when it's time for him to enter the story.

I promise to tag you at the start of a new day. ^_^

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1