Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [CLOSED] The Town Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

6 minutes ago, Scar said:

She would stay there for a while only to build up her own power base and try to loot the town as much as possible, lol.

Hmm... For once, I'm not sure your character is suited for this RP. No offense to you or your character, but we're not really looking for a power-hungry character that could become full-time villain. If she was a goofy, comedy-relief thief or one that secretly had a heart of gold, then I'd welcome you in an instant. I read your character's profile page, and wasn't finding much to make me think otherwise. Is there anything else you can tell me about Cali?

3 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Hmm... For once, I'm not sure your character is suited for this RP. No offense to you or your character, but we're not really looking for a power-hungry character that could become full-time villain. If she was a goofy, comedy-relief thief or one that secretly had a heart of gold, then I'd welcome you in an instant. I read your character's profile page, and wasn't finding much to make me think otherwise. Is there anything else you can tell me about Cali?

Thats fine. Not entirely sure what you are looking for.

1 minute ago, Scar said:

Thats fine. Not entirely sure what you are looking for.

With some exceptions and exaggerations here and there, we're typically trying to stay within the same tone of the show. There will be enemy characters here and there, but they aren't the main focus. They'll have their moments, but then we return to our peaceful status quo. That's why I'd preferably accept either a comedy-relief thief or one with a heart of gold. I'd prefer a character that can occasionally interact with the other RPers, bond with their characters, and maybe forge a bond with the town itself. If your character were to be a serious thief or a serious threat all the time, it would go against the tone of the RP.

Just to reitterate, this is nothing personal. If you can tone your character down to something like this, she'd be perfectly welcome. But if you don't want to change your character like that, then that's your choice to make and I'll wish you good luck finding a different RP better suited for your character. :rarity: Maybe some day down the line, we could share a different RP together.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Samurai Equine said:

With some exceptions and exaggerations here and there, we're typically trying to stay within the same tone of the show. There will be enemy characters here and there, but they aren't the main focus. They'll have their moments, but then we return to our peaceful status quo. That's why I'd preferably accept either a comedy-relief thief or one with a heart of gold. I'd prefer a character that can occasionally interact with the other RPers, bond with their characters, and maybe forge a bond with the town itself. If your character were to be a serious thief or a serious threat all the time, it would go against the tone of the RP.

Just to reitterate, this is nothing personal. If you can tone your character down to something like this, she'd be perfectly welcome. But if you don't want to change your character like that, then that's your choice to make and I'll wish you good luck finding a different RP better suited for your character. :rarity: Maybe some day down the line, we could share a different RP together.

Toning it down is entirely possible, although that'd be breaking what the character is to me: one who is out to gain and amass as much power and control as possible and steal everything not tied down. Not matching within the tone of the show although the show has had King Sombra enslave the crystal ponies, Tirek trying to destroy everything, Nightmare Moon banishing her sister in an alternate dimension, so I digress.

Probably won't be joining this due to the fact I don't wish to portray her as something she's not. Your welcome to talk to me in dms, dm roleplay even. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Scar said:

Toning it down is entirely possible, although that'd be breaking what the character is to me: one who is out to gain and amass as much power and control as possible and steal everything not tied down. Not matching within the tone of the show although the show has had King Sombra enslave the crystal ponies, Tirek trying to destroy everything, Nightmare Moon banishing her sister in an alternate dimension, so I digress.

Probably won't be joining this due to the fact I don't wish to portray her as something she's not. Your welcome to talk to me in dms, dm roleplay even. 

All right then. Sorry it didn't work out. Good luck finding another RP, and for what it's worth, I definitely think your character sounds awesome! She might not have been the best fit for this RP, but her personal story sounds like a good and engaging one! If there was a fanfic about her, I wouldn't mind reading it. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Samurai Equine said:

All right then. Sorry it didn't work out. Good luck finding another RP, and for what it's worth, I definitely think your character sounds awesome! She might not have been the best fit for this RP, but her personal story sounds like a good and engaging one! If there was a fanfic about her, I wouldn't mind reading it. ^_^

Thank you very much. Like I said, if you wanted to roleplay with me in dms and come up with our own seperate plot, I'm entirely open to that.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Ragland Tiger's OC never answered Tempest's question about teaming up, so we'll see when we get there.

Oopse. I didn't realize there was a question (it's been a busy week). I just thought I would play along and let Bluebell and Tempest be together.   I'm rereading to get up to speed, and then I'll post.:lie:

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

There was mention you were in the lead but I guess that isn’t so. Whoops :lie:

2 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

Someone's being confusing. Don't worry. Just refer back to Sami's post if it happens again

Yep! I'm doing my part to keep everything in order. When in doubt, check my posts! ^_^

• Brohoof 3

I just thought of something. When the heroes finally meet my character in the boss fight, I was thinking this:

They enter a seemingly empty room, when suddenly, they hear in a robotic voice “You shall go no further”. Suddenly, the metal behemoth himself drops from the top of the room, creating a sizable quake, then it freeze frames for a moment and introduces him Borderlands style, saying something like: Kronos, the Cyber Behemoth. ‘...will decimate you all.’

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

I just thought of something. When the heroes finally meet my character in the boss fight, I was thinking this:

They enter a seemingly empty room, when suddenly, they hear in a robotic voice “You shall go no further”. Suddenly, the metal behemoth himself drops from the top of the room, creating a sizable quake, then it freeze frames for a moment and introduces him Borderlands style, saying something like: Kronos, the Cyber Behemoth. ‘...will decimate you all.’

Sounds good to me. All the boss characters can do whatever intro they like. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Astral Vision, @C. Thunder Dash, @CameoShadowness, @Dynamo Pad@ExplosionMare, @GeneralDirection, @Kronos the Revenant, @Pastel Heart, @Ragland Tiger, @Windy Breeze 🥧

ATTENTION, EVERYONE!

I will gone all day on Tuesday (Sep. 8th) because I have a doctor's appointment.

I just want you all to know that I most likely won't have time to log in. I'm not asking anyone to stop or pause the RP, just try not advance it too much while I'm gone. :) Hopefully, whatever happens will just be something routine and not too terrible.
I'll give you all an update on why I went to see a doctor when I return.

Thank for understanding, and I really appreciate you all for making this RP of mine something special. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Astral Vision, @C. Thunder Dash, @CameoShadowness, @Dynamo Pad@ExplosionMare, @GeneralDirection, @Kronos the Revenant, @Pastel Heart, @Ragland Tiger, @Windy Breeze 🥧

ATTENTION, EVERYONE!

I will gone all day on Tuesday (Sep. 8th) because I have a doctor's appointment.

I just want you all to know that I most likely won't have time to log in. I'm not asking anyone to stop or pause the RP, just try not advance it too much while I'm gone. :) Hopefully, whatever happens will just be something routine and not too terrible.
I'll give you all an update on why I went to see a doctor when I return.

Thank for understanding, and I really appreciate you all for making this RP of mine something special. ^_^

Good luck for your check up and stay safe, always wear face mark, Uma-kun.

Edited by Windy Breeze 🥧

On 9/8/2020 at 1:18 AM, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

Good luck for your check up and stay safe, always wear face mark, Uma-kun.

On 9/8/2020 at 6:53 PM, ExplosionMare said:

@Samurai Equine

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Astral Vision said:

@Samurai Equine

Best of luck Samurai. :sassy:

Thank you all very much. :BrightMacContent:

I'm back, everyone.

I am now taking medications to deal with my intestinal problems. I will have to get some lab work done next week, and go in for a follow-up the week after. But for now, I am doing okay. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Thank you all very much. :BrightMacContent:

I'm back, everyone.

I am now taking medications to deal with my intestinal problems. I will have to get some lab work done next week, and go in for a follow-up the week after. But for now, I am doing okay. :adorkable:

Glad you’re doing okay :) 

The medicine doesn’t sound any fun but at least it’s supposed to help :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Samurai Equine

Hope you don't mind me throwing some pokemon logic into the boss fight...if you know what I mean.

I suppose it's okay. I do find it funny he is summoning weapons and soldiers when the game gives Thundy the ability to summon things like tanks and battleships, but a battalion is a battalion I guess. ^_^

10 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Glad you’re doing okay :) 

The medicine doesn’t sound any fun but at least it’s supposed to help :kindness:

Thank you. The medicine is doing its part to keep me healthy, and that's what matters most. :)

• Brohoof 1

So, each boss has three phases, you say?

Well then, I guess Kronos’ boss fight will have varying configurations for each phase, each employing different strengths and weaknesses against certain classes. 

It may seem counter-intuitive to say my abilities here, but it’ll still be kinda hard since, you know, penultimate boss and all.

Phase 1: Machine guns and phalanx shield. Physical projectiles blocked from front of face, pivots to change target. Vulnerable to fast and energy attacks. 

Phase 2: Full-body energy shield and rocket salvos. Must drain energy shield before being able to damage health pool. Shield must recharge before it can deploy again. Rockets target an area marked with a red targeting circle and deal massive amounts of area damage. Rocket salvos take some time to reload. 

Phase 3: Stealth Mech with Thermal Disintegrators. Able to cloak itself with refraction cloak. Still reveals shadow. Recommend using some form of luminescence to reveal this phase’s location. Can’t attack while cloaked. Thermal Disintegrators deal increased damage over time when focused on the same target, also deals hefty amounts of burn damage. 

Final ability: Self-Destruct: Whether friend or foe, upon being defeated, Kronos gains the final ability to explode, destroying himself and dealing massive amounts of damage to everyone in the room. Also grants everyone Radiation, a small, persistent DoT effect that can’t be cleansed, but only deals a small amount of damage (0.01% of max HP) per turn. As long as you can keep your health topped off, you should be fine. Otherwise, only very specific and specialized medicine can cure the radiation DoT. 

• Brohoof 1