Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [CLOSED] The Town Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

3 hours ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

So, each boss has three phases, you say?

Yeah. I can all ready tell the current day is going to be way longer than I thought it would be.
I just don't want the day to drag out too long. I figured 3 phases was enough. I wanted to give each boss character a chance to shine, but maybe I should have considered more double-boss team ups...

3 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

So, I'm back for now after a rollercoaster, and I'm confused 

Is the dice something everyone uses or? Idk. Since Thundy just got the boss ill wait a little longer..

Dice rolls are only for specific characters, and I don't think yours was one of them. So feel free to free-style it. :mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, CameoShadowness said:

:( Anything going on? Like no one has bothered talking to or @ing me me - at all.

Don't be sad. ^_^ You are a boss character, so you'll be tagged when it's your boss's turn.

However, there is a way to save time and make things go by faster. Would you consider teaming up with another boss character? The two of you could have conversations while you wait for the champions.

Edited by Samurai Equine

3 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Don't be sad. ^_^ You are boss character, so you'll be tagged when it's your bosses turn.

However, there is a way to save time and make things go by faster. Would you consider teaming up with another boss character? The two of you could have conversations while you wait for the champions.

But like I have no idea what's going on. I was in the middle of talking with someone else and suddenly got ghosted. :/ Just feels horrible because I was doing and already talking with folks.

1 minute ago, CameoShadowness said:

But like I have no idea what's going on. I was in the middle of talking with someone else and suddenly got ghosted. :/ Just feels horrible because I was doing and already talking with folks.

It stopped because your OC and @ExplosionMare's OC were suppose to be in two totally different locations, and your both on different teams. It was just too soon for either of you to meet right now.

But you haven't really missed much. The hero characters are split in half. Some of them are in Level 1, fighting their first Boss character. The others are in a mini-game. They are all very close to finishing their first mission, and soon they'll move on to Level 2 and the 2nd boss character. You could team up with @Windy Breeze 🥧's OC Keen, who is the 2nd Boss. After that is one of my throwaway characters Daring Decor. Bluebell and Tempest are all ready teamed up. If you are lucky, @Kronos the Revenant might be willing to do a team up, though I think he'd rather have his character go solo. Can't say for sure.

4 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

It stopped because your OC and @ExplosionMare's OC were suppose to be in two totally different locations, and your both on different teams. It was just too soon for either of you to meet right now.

But you haven't really missed much. The hero characters are split in half. Some of them are in Level 1, fighting their first Boss character. The others are in a mini-game. They are all very close to finishing their first mission, and soon they'll move on to Level 2 and the 2nd boss character. You could team up with @Windy Breeze 🥧's OC Keen, who is the 2nd Boss. After that is one of my throwaway characters Daring Decor. Bluebell and Tempest are all ready teamed up. If you are lucky, @Kronos the Revenant might be willing to do a team up, though I think he'd rather have his character go solo. Can't say for sure.

I wasn't just talking to Exlosion Mare and I thought things were changed so that we were in the same team. Which is why she edited her original comment to seem more fitting :/

On top of that, why did no one talked to me directly after that telling me that was completely redacted at that point? It's just so disuraging. I rather sit this out until this is done at this point.

Edited by CameoShadowness

Just now, CameoShadowness said:

I wasn't just talking to Exlosion Mare and I thought things were changed so that we were in the same team. Which is why she edited her original comment to seem more fitting :/

My mistake. As for an allegiance change, you didn't ask me to change that, so that change never became official. :wacko: When I first asked you what team you wanted to be on, you agreed to be on the Dark side, so I thought you were fine with that.

I guess you could become a traitor to the Dark King and start helping the heroes out right away, if you want. I could set that up for you after they finish Level 1.

3 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

My mistake. As for an allegiance change, you didn't ask me to change that, so that change never became official. :wacko: When I first asked you what team you wanted to be on, you agreed to be on the Dark side, so I thought you were fine with that.

I guess you could become a traitor to the Dark King and start helping the heroes out right away, if you want. I could set that up for you after they finish Level 1.

Yeah, I was down for team dark, I was refering to EM going team dark, not me switching.

i don't care at this point. do what ever you want.

Just now, CameoShadowness said:

Yeah, I was down for team dark, I was refering to EM going team dark, not me switching.

i don't care at this point. do what ever you want.

A hero character becoming part of the Dark team? Interesting...

@ExplosionMare, @C. Thunder Dash

Do either of you want your characters to become villains instead? You seem pretty happy being heroes in this game.

1 minute ago, Samurai Equine said:

A hero character becoming part of the Dark team? Interesting...

@ExplosionMare, @C. Thunder Dash

Do either of you want your characters to become villains instead? You seem pretty happy being heroes in this game.

Nope, definately neither Thundy nor Chelsea. 

When we do our attacks, do we have to leave it open ended? Sort of like if it hits, then it does damage? I wasn't sure if we just call out the attacks and how much damage would be done in a battle.

@C. Thunder Dash

I was just wondering if Thundy and Chelsea had heard Dynamo calling out to them. He had an idea, but I guess they didn't think the case, or something like that. :( 

1 minute ago, Dynamo Pad said:

When we do our attacks, do we have to leave it open ended? Sort of like if it hits, then it does damage? I wasn't sure if we just call out the attacks and how much damage would be done in a battle.

Yeah, leave it somewhat open ended. I'll try to do the same as much as possible.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Samurai Equine said:

Yeah, leave it somewhat open ended. I'll try to do the same as much as possible.

Okay and thanks for letting me know. I was reading parts to where Chelsea and Thundy did attacks and had brought up certain percentages of damage, but I wasn't sure if that meant we'd leave our attacks open ended or not. Still, thanks for clearing that up. :)

24 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Okay and thanks for letting me know. I was reading parts to where Chelsea and Thundy did attacks and had brought up certain percentages of damage, but I wasn't sure if that meant we'd leave our attacks open ended or not. Still, thanks for clearing that up. :)

Well, when it comes to percentages, it's kind of an odd thing. In short, try not to put too much significance on it. It's more of a way to give the battles some sense of dread or challenge, but it doesn't really mean that much.

For example, if I wanted to get specific...
Not all the boss attacks will connect. I leave that up to each individual RPer to decide if they want to take damage or if they were fast enough to avoid. I try not to rely too much on unavoidable attacks unless I feel like it makes the scene more compelling. But no matter what, I spell out how much the attacks will inflict just to be clear. Wouldn't want anyone to think they are facing against a boss with a 1-hit K.O. ability.
Likewise, when the heroes attack a boss character that I'm in charge of, I respect the damage percentages you might put forward, but it's mostly a suggestion. I'm basically the DM of this RP, so even if you say that your character unleashed an attack with a 100% damage rate or more (which would be a cheap OP move to do, and I don't exactly approve of it), it still won't defeat a boss 100% or bypass the three phases.
So in essence, these fights will all be the same. Hit the boss 3 times (once for each phase), and win. I might let each boss character mix things up, of course. Some might be a little tougher, some might target specific characters first (like the healers), but I think boss battles should still boil down to this basic formula.

But that's mostly just a blueprint. I don't control all the boss characters since I'm not the only one participating in this RP. And I'm willing to give other people a little bit of wiggleroom. So if, say, @Kronos the Revenant's OC wanted to prolong his battle because he is the penultimate boss, that'd be fine with me. Maybe not draw it too much, but if he feels like he can make it interesting or compelling, either cinematically or in a story-driven way, I'd be fine with that. I just don't want anyone to drag a battle out for too long just because they don't know how to end it or whatever. :oh_golly:

Hope that helps. Sorry that was a long post. But tl;dr, let's try to keep boss battles snappy, no longer than they need to be, and I'm here to help out if anyone isn't sure what to do.

Edited by Samurai Equine

45 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@C. Thunder Dash

I was just wondering if Thundy and Chelsea had heard Dynamo calling out to them. He had an idea, but I guess they didn't think the case, or something like that. :( 

Dang it I am so sorry Dynamo! I'll make sure to pay attention next time. 

8 hours ago, CameoShadowness said:

On top of that, why did no one talked to me directly after that telling me that was completely redacted at that point? It's just so disuraging. I rather sit this out until this is done at this point.

I’m sorry, I was pretty confused myself :( 

To me it sounded like the only logical way to progress my arc was to stop interacting with your character. I kept messing up a lot of posts and wasn’t sure what to do. Sorry if I ignored you :sunny:

@Samurai Equine

I don’t want Pencil to be a villain unless someone corrupts her later. Maybe that can solve the post issue with @CameoShadowness. I was thinking just now maybe the post with the skeleton rats could be a vision she saw but didn’t quite remember yet.

Ooh, I just thought, since Pencil likes to help so much, she could get corrupted by accidentally helping a villain! (If you’re character is still going to be a villain, @CameoShadowness).

33 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

@Samurai Equine

I don’t want Pencil to be a villain unless someone corrupts her later. Maybe that can solve the post issue with @CameoShadowness. I was thinking just now maybe the post with the skeleton rats could be a vision she saw but didn’t quite remember yet.

Ooh, I just thought, since Pencil likes to help so much, she could get corrupted by accidentally helping a villain! (If you’re character is still going to be a villain, @CameoShadowness).

First of all, @ExplosionMare, @CameoShadowness, @C. Thunder Dash
I don't want any of you to think I'm just going to leave you behind or forget about any of what happened. I want you all to be part of this because I want this RP to be fun and welcoming. I don't want it to be a challenge. I am willing to work to make this RP inviting for all of you. :rarity:

Second, I'll need to go back and re-read the discussion that happened. I remember something about rats, but my attention was a little divided at the moment. If you're willing to work with me and stay in this roleplay, I'll re-read that abandoned conversation and find a way to make this work for everyone. And thank you for the suggestion, ExplosionMare. I'll keep it in mind. :)

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

I don't want any of you to think I'm just going to leave you behind or forget about any of what happened. I want you all to be part of this because I want this RP to be fun and welcoming. I don't want it to be a challenge. I am willing to work to make this RP inviting for all of you. :rarity:

Second, I'll need to go back and re-read the discussion that happened. I remember something about rats, but my attention was a little divided at the moment. If you're willing to work with me and stay in this roleplay, I'll re-read that abandoned conversation and find a way to make this work for everyone. And thank you for the suggestion, ExplosionMare. I'll keep it in mind. :)

Ok, thank you! This helps a lot :rarity:

I’ll wait for you to decide how we all go about things :sassy:

Hello @Samurai Equine, it's me again. I was thinking about my involvement in this RP, and decided that it would be better if I have two characters. So if you don't mind, I would like to also control this one:

• NAME: Tree Song
  • SPECIES: Earth Pony
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: Druid's Apprentice
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: She can sing beautifully. Her song can also be used to communicate with plants to some degree - she can acquire information about the general condition of the plant and what's "bothering" it.
  • PERSONALITY: Curious, talkative, outgoing. She loves to explore new places and learn new things.
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: She travels with the druid known as "nopony", hoping to learn from him and someday become a druid herself.
  • DESCRIPTION AND/OR REF IMAGE:
Spoiler

ponyWithBackground.png.950509079180bd6d3face95440a9d49e.png

This is what I managed to do in the Pony Creator (cutie mark drawn by me), donut steel ;)

• Brohoof 4

30 minutes ago, PawelS said:

Hello @Samurai Equine, it's me again. I was thinking about my involvement in this RP, and decided that it would be better if I have two characters. So if you don't mind, I would like to also control this one:

• NAME: Tree Song
  • SPECIES: Earth Pony
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: Druid's Apprentice
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: She can sing beautifully. Her song can also be used to communicate with plants to some degree - she can acquire information about the general condition of the plant and what's "bothering" it.
  • PERSONALITY: Curious, talkative, outgoing. She loves to explore new places and learn new things.
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: She travels with the druid known as "nopony", hoping to learn from him and someday become a druid herself.
  • DESCRIPTION AND/OR REF IMAGE:
  Hide contents

ponyWithBackground.png.950509079180bd6d3face95440a9d49e.png

This is what I managed to do in the Pony Creator (cutie mark drawn by me), donut steel ;)

I approve. :)

Also, it's become apparent to me that this current day is going to take longer than I realized. If you don't want to be put on hold for... ever... Would you like to get started right now? All of Friendshire is stuck in a video game right now. But there are at least two different ways your characters could join right now, if you're interested. 

• Brohoof 3

12 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

I approve. :)

Also, it's become apparent to me that this current day is going to take longer than I realized. If you don't want to be put on hold for... ever... Would you like to get started right now? All of Friendshire is stuck in a video game right now. But there are at least two different ways your characters could join right now, if you're interested. 

OK, you can count me in, and tell me more about these two ways. Recently I was preoccupied with upgrading my computer, but now I finished it, so it's a good time for me to start RPing. I have no idea what's going on with that video game, which it's probably a good thing, as my characters shouldn't know that either.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/12/2020 at 7:54 PM, Samurai Equine said:

h, it's okay.. I'll just jummp back after everything settles

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, PawelS said:

OK, you can count me in, and tell me more about these two ways. Recently I was preoccupied with upgrading my computer, but now I finished it, so it's a good time for me to start RPing. I have no idea what's going on with that video game, which it's probably a good thing, as my characters shouldn't know that either.

I remembered that I have a character involved in the main story of this RP, one that has time-based magic. Your two characters could run into him just before they arrive at Friendshire.
Likewise, if they step into the town, they'll be absorbed into the game as well. But since they weren't there from the beginning, they'll be limited to game characters that cannot go into main levels. They could interact with anyone and go through mini-games, but any normal magic they have would be suppressed while in the game.

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

I remembered that I have a character involved in the main story of this RP, one that has time-based magic. Your two characters could run into him just before they arrive at Friendshire.
Likewise, if they step into the town, they'll be absorbed into the game as well. But since they weren't there from the beginning, they'll be limited to game characters that cannot go into main levels. They could interact with anyone and go through mini-games, but any normal magic they have would be suppressed while in the game.

What kind of time-based magical effects do you have in mind? Changing the past so it's like my characters were in the game from the beginning?

I'm OK with my characters having a limited role in the game, so I think I'll pick the second option.