Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [CLOSED] The Town Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

2 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Sorry! I typed that name without thinking. :adorkable: When I type replies to an RP, I've got a lot things going on at once, so I might make mistakes like that. I'll try not to make that mistake again. I've edited my replies to use the right name.

Trilby Hatter, that's my other OC. I'm playing two. My main one is Samurai Equine, but my other is Trilby Hatter. One is an asian warrior, the other makes hats and clothing for a living. :squee:

I just got confused cause I apparently got teleported to a store while I was gone

5 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I just got confused cause I apparently got teleported to a store while I was gone

Nah, your character is still in the last place you left her. Only you can decide where she is and what she is doing. ^_^

2 minutes ago, Bastian said:

Also, I forgot to mention my OC has no tail like:

pony20191211214710.png.43e53d518d42661b9177ec74114867fa.png

That.

Cool! I don't see that very often. :Rara:

• Brohoof 1

43 minutes ago, Windy Breeze said:

@Bastian @Samurai Equine @Emerald Heart

I'm using Shadow Trail, not Windy Breeze. 

Shit sorry. Let's pretend I didn't write that part

29 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Nah, your character is still in the last place you left her. Only you can decide where she is and what she is doing. ^_^

Cool! I don't see that very often. :Rara:

Ooo! I have an OC like that!

3.png.ea0f4960766375ccda2ce5c272d21ecd.png.8fd7d4d49b1d0857cee4a6e08df7d194.png

• Brohoof 2

@Windy Breeze@Dynamo Pad, @Bastian, @Emerald Heart, @Pastel-chan, @Astral Vision@ExplosionMare

Well, I think we can pretty much wrap all these events up as day one in the RP. I'm going to call it a night for now, but tomorrow we'll move on to our first major event in the story!

Hope everyone is ready. :)

@Quinch

Haven't seen you post in the RP yet. Do you still want to be part of this? Forgive me if you stepped away from the forum shortly. Just wanted to check in and see what's happening.

• Brohoof 4

7 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Windy Breeze@Dynamo Pad, @Bastian, @Emerald Heart, @Pastel-chan, @Astral Vision@ExplosionMare

Well, I think we can pretty much wrap all these events up as day one in the RP. I'm going to call it a night for now, but tomorrow we'll move on to our first major event in the story!

Hope everyone is ready. :)

I'm not sure if I'm ready to wrap up the day. I know Dynamo, Pastel and Astral are on their way to the library. Should that just be a time skip, or will their part of the story continue as normal? I'm just confused as I'm not sure how to proceed. 

5 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I'm not sure if I'm ready to wrap up the day. I know Dynamo, Pastel and Astral are on their way to the library. Should that just be a time skip, or will their part of the story continue as normal? I'm just confused as I'm not sure how to proceed. 

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @Pastel-chan

Well, I think it would be good for the three to at least make it to the library. However, if Samurai wants to keep the two mayors backgrounds a secret for now, I might have an idea for a solution. What if Astral does find the book with Dynamo and Pastel's help, and it does show them some basic history on the two mayors. However, when they're about to get to the part where the mayors' dispute occurs, the rest of the pages are ripped out! It could be an interesting plot twist, and the day could end after that with Astral returning to his travel cart whilst Dynamo and Pastel go to an apartment for the night. How does that sound?

6 hours ago, Windy Breeze said:

I'm making an art for Shadow Trail and for Forest Gum.Screenshot_20200229-152847.thumb.png.e4783dfd75d51acbd8827900e4854c28.png

Annnnnnnd here! 

Untitled88_20200229155753.thumb.png.103ec79d0602a999d3462a13df5c2059.png

@Windy Breeze

I like it! Very nice back-to-back and contrast. Gotta love that red VS blue vibe.

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Astral Vision said:

Well, I think it would be good for the three to at least make it to the library. However, if Samurai wants to keep the two mayors backgrounds a secret for now, I might have an idea for a solution. What if Astral does find the book with Dynamo and Pastel's help, and it does show them some basic history on the two mayors. However, when they're about to get to the part where the mayors' dispute occurs, the rest of the pages are ripped out! It could be an interesting plot twist, and the day could end after that with Astral returning to his travel cart whilst Dynamo and Pastel go to an apartment for the night. How does that sound?

That sounds rather interesting. Would the pages be scattered and must be found?

I'm not sure how to proceed with Dynamo's backstory. I mean, it would be cool to find out information, but I know it should be believable and not convenient. I'm not sure how to add a family tree for his family. :ButtercupLaugh:

I do know that Dynamo and Pastel will go to a house that's stationed next door to the arcade, but should there be someone that can give them the clear to use that as their home? 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I'm not sure how to proceed with Dynamo's backstory. I mean, it would be cool to find out information, but I know it should be believable and not convenient. I'm not sure how to add a family tree for his family. :ButtercupLaugh:

I do know that Dynamo and Pastel will go to a house that's stationed next door to the arcade, but should there be someone that can give them the clear to use that as their home? 

@Dynamo Pad

Well, maybe you could find a picture in a history book that looks a little similar to you, but you're not sure if that pony is your ancestor? Just experiment with different plot lines for now, see what works best for you. For example, my character has come to 'Friendshire' by chance, and now seeks to help solve its potential friendship problem like Samurai wants to. That plot alone is basic to understand, but can be fleshed out for much of the story.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Dynamo Pad

Well, maybe you could find a picture in a history book that looks a little similar to you, but you're not sure if that pony is your ancestor? Just experiment with different plot lines for now, see what works best for you. For example, my character has come to 'Friendshire' by chance, and now seeks to help solve its potential friendship problem like Samurai wants to. That plot alone is basic to understand, but can be fleshed out for much of the story.

That sounds like a good idea. I can imagine if there's traveling involved, then maybe going to Mistmane's home could give some answers. I know my character came to 'Friendshire' as he heard word of a tournament was happening. It was vague as he wasn't sure if it was video games or an actual tournament. Plus, he just recently moved out from Fillydelphia so he's learning what friendship can really be. Since with him being bullied in the past he doesn't really know if he has friends or not. He'll learn more about his past and overcome these shortcomings as the story goes on. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Dynamo Pad said:

That sounds like a good idea. I can imagine if there's traveling involved, then maybe going to Mistmane's home could give some answers. I know my character came to 'Friendshire' as he heard word of a tournament was happening. It was vague as he wasn't sure if it was video games or an actual tournament. Plus, he just recently moved out from Fillydelphia so he's learning what friendship can really be. Since with him being bullied in the past he doesn't really know if he has friends or not. He'll learn more about his past and overcome these shortcomings as the story goes on. 

Seems to me like you have a good understanding of story structure. Travelling outside of 'Friendshire' could also let new plot lines sink in. For example, what happens while Astral, Dynamo, and Pastel are gone? Is there an attack from an enemy? Will Astral ever reveal that he's actually a wizard(My character's backstory), should he even have to? Will Pastel ever get a Sherlock hat? So many questions, so many possibilities.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

Seems to me like you have a good understanding of story structure. Travelling outside of 'Friendshire' could also let new plot lines sink in. For example, what happens while Astral, Dynamo, and Pastel are gone? Is there an attack from an enemy? Will Astral ever reveal that he's actually a wizard(My character's backstory), should he even have to? Will Pastel ever get a Sherlock hat? So many questions, so many possibilities.

It's better to give time in building up development, instead of half hearted to make the reward feel less earned. Plus, if they were traveling or even at Friendshire. Dynamo could gain help from others into honing his gaming magic. Maybe even bring back magic from the past like how Mistmane would cast in her story. When I reread my characters backstory, it said that the fluid motions when he played were in sync with his character. Sort of like how Mistmane when she fought Sable. So, perhaps his way of just forcing magic like we see in the show was possibly the wrong way. Instead, his art of magic would be a sort of old generation of magic into the present.

That would be a pretty crazy reveal that Astral is a wizard. Maybe when that happens, Dynamo might ask him for help on being a sort of magic student. :ButtercupLaugh:

I like how there's many possibilities as it helps make the story seem endless. :D 

12 hours ago, Windy Breeze said:

Annnnnnnd here! 

Untitled88_20200229155753.thumb.png.103ec79d0602a999d3462a13df5c2059.png

...Is this RP inspiring fanart?! :wau:

I wonder if I should share ref images of both of my characters since I never filled out any character forms for them...

5 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

@Windy Breeze

I like it! Very nice back-to-back and contrast. Gotta love that red VS blue vibe.

Sorry, I don't mean to rush either of you. I can let that part of the story play out just a little longer, but I am anxious to get to the first big event.

I think missing pages is great. If you need me to help fill in any info about the mayors, let me know.

5 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Just to clarify...
Do you actually have a backstory in mind for your character and you're using this RP to tell that story, or are you still developing your character right now?
Either one could be a good story possibility to undertake.

4 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

I was originally intending to limit any travelling outside of the city to a main event.
Not that I'm against helping for side stories like this, as long as it doesn't conflict with any major events going on. For example, the first major event is going to be taking place in the city, and I'd like both of my characters to be there. But if you're going to be traveling outside of Friendshire, especially if it's a dangerous quest, I'd like at least one of my characters to be available to help see it through. My other OC, Trilby Hatter, will probably stay in the town most of the time. But Samurai Equine is a heroic, protective warrior that likes helping friends and defending the weak. He'd want to be there for any big journeys, if his presence would be helpful.

Edited by Samurai Equine