Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [CLOSED] The Town Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

13 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Just to clarify...
Do you actually have a backstory in mind for your character and you're using this RP to tell that story, or are you still developing your character right now?
Either one could be a good story possibility to undertake.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I would say a bit of both as he was originally intending to go to Ponyville. However, hearing about a tournament that wasn't specified of being video games or something else had piqued his interest. Upon arriving and getting to know the town, he would go and make Friendshire his home. All the while, learning to hone his gaming abilities and to study and improve his magical capabilities. Since he can use magic, but the spells are still weak and/or faulty. 

5 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I would say a bit of both as he was originally intending to go to Ponyville. However, hearing about a tournament that wasn't specified of being video games or something else had piqued his interest. Upon arriving and getting to know the town, he would go and make Friendshire his home. All the while, learning to hone his gaming abilities and to study and improve his magical capabilities. Since he can use magic, but the spells are still weak and/or faulty. 

I don't mind him waltzing into the local arcade and just taking over as manager. No pony working there would mind since they don't even have one to begin with. Or if you want a simpler job there, that's fine too. It's pretty much how all my OC's got jobs in Friendshire. They just moved in and took over the businesses because there was no pony in charge, just citizens doing basic routine work. And being surrounded by all the arcade cabinets, VR machines, and simulators would give him plenty of opportunities to practice and improve his video game magic. :twi:

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Samurai Equine said:

I don't mind him waltzing into the local arcade and just taking over as manager. No pony working there would mind since they don't even have one to begin with. Or if you want a simpler job there, that's fine too. It's pretty much how all my OC's got jobs in Friendshire. They just moved in and took over the businesses because there was no pony in charge, just citizens doing basic routine work. And being surrounded by all the arcade cabinets, VR machines, and simulators would give him plenty of opportunities to practice and improve his video game music. :twi:

Okay and I see what you mean. The arcade didn't really have anyone new until Dynamo took over. So, it's sort of like bringing an old fad back into existence. Plus, I was going by what the theme behind Friendshire is. With how it's a town where everyone can be accepted. Since he was bullied a lot back in his hometown. Dynamo thought it would be a fresh start and to finally know what it's like to have true friends. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Attention please, @Windy Breeze & @Bastian
And @Emerald Heart too, just in case.

I normally wouldn't do this, but would mind slowing down for a minute in the RP? I want to move on to Day 2 just as much, but I promised I'd let @Dynamo Pad@Astral Vision, and @Pastel-chan finish their library scene first. Plus, I'm still waiting on @ExplosionMare. Hopefully, they'll do it in a few replies and won't keep us waiting long.

Hope that's okay. :) I just want to make sure everyone is on the same page first. Remember your last message, cause I'm sure it won't take long for the others to catch up.

Also @Quinch hasn't replied since we started, and I would like confirmation if he's in or out. Not that we're stopping for him too, we'll keep going no matter what. Late comers to the RP can join in at any time.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 3

8 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

hasn't replied since we started, and I would like confirmation if he's in or out. Not that we're stopping for him too, we'll keep going no matter what. Late comers to the RP can join in at any time.

Yeah, I might need to pass - the thread has been moving crazy fast, and I don't think I can spare the free time to keep up. Looks like it's going on pretty well, though, so it's all good!

3 minutes ago, Quinch said:

Yeah, I might need to pass - the thread has been moving crazy fast, and I don't think I can spare the free time to keep up. Looks like it's going on pretty well, though, so it's all good!

Sorry to see you go, but you're welcome to come back any time. Hope you find something else to enjoy. :squee:

7 minutes ago, Windy Breeze said:

I got the feeling that my OC, Shadow Trail might change from minor protagonist to minor antagonist. :sealed:

Really? :ooh: Is that a story you WANT to do?
She doesn't have to be an antagonist if that's not what you want. It's your character, you can do whatever you like with her.

Just now, Samurai Equine said:

Really? :ooh: Is that a story you WANT to do?
She doesn't have to be an antagonist if that's not what you want. It's your character, you can do whatever you like with her.

Not really, is just that she had a backstory working for Nightmare Moon in her past life, she sweet when it comes to foals but is different when it comes to adult ponies, either she will slowly hate them out of fear or annoyance.

Well, I don't know if I wanted to make her a minor antagonist or not. I'll let the story flow and go until I get a result. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Windy Breeze said:

Not really, is just that she had a backstory working for Nightmare Moon in her past life, she sweet when it comes to foals but is different when it comes to adult ponies, either she will slowly hate them out of fear or annoyance.

Well, I don't know if I wanted to make her a minor antagonist or not. I'll let the story flow and go until I get a result. 

We could make her backstory/personal journey a main event, if you want! :pinkie:

It sounds like it could be perfect for redemption arc. A standard "go evil, lose, friends are there to pick you back up and help you become an even greater protag" story. What do you think?

Edited by Samurai Equine

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

We could make her backstory/personal journey a main event, if you want! :pinkie:

It sounds like it could be perfect for redemption arc. A standard "go evil, lose, friends are there to pick you back up and help you become an even greater protag" story. What do you think?

Sounds like Starlight Glimmer. 

Sure! I'll just let Forest chase her around for now, then probably slowly make her cause trouble. 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

47 minutes ago, Windy Breeze said:

Sure! I'll just let Forest chase her around for now, then probably slowly make her cause trouble. 

It sounds so funny to me.:D

2 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

I normally wouldn't do this, but would mind slowing down for a minute in the RP? I want to move on to Day 2 just as much, but I promised I'd let @Dynamo Pad@Astral Vision, and @Pastel-chan finish their library scene first. Plus, I'm still waiting on @ExplosionMare. Hopefully, they'll do it in a few replies and won't keep us waiting long.

I'm really sorry if I'm slowing down the RP. If you want us to do a time skip, then let us know. I have work today, but I'll try to reply as much as I can. I just haven't heard anything from Astral or Pastel and I just hope everything is okay. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
4 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I'm really sorry if I'm slowing down the RP. If you want us to do a time skip, then let us know. I have work today, but I'll try to reply as much as I can. I just haven't heard anything from Astral or Pastel and I just hope everything is okay. 

Don't worry, I'm here. And I'm sure we can wrap up the event quickly enough to move on with the first major event. I imagine it should only take about 6 posts or so.

6 hours ago, Windy Breeze said:

@Windy Breeze

So what you're saying is that Shadow Trail might eventually turn...

0f607e926eb58f4782114c3a3f212458.jpg

Edited by Astral Vision

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

Don't worry, I'm here. And I'm sure we can wrap up the event quickly enough to move on with the first major event. I imagine it should only take about 6 posts or so.

@Windy Breeze

So what you're saying is that Shadow Trail might eventually turn...

Mermaid Man EVIL.jfif 10.79 kB · 0 downloads

It's possible but if she did turn evil, there is a consequence that could endanger her life. 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
18 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

...Is this RP inspiring fanart?! :wau:

I wonder if I should share ref images of both of my characters since I never filled out any character forms for them...

Sorry, I don't mean to rush either of you. I can let that part of the story play out just a little longer, but I am anxious to get to the first big event.

I think missing pages is great. If you need me to help fill in any info about the mayors, let me know.

Just to clarify...
Do you actually have a backstory in mind for your character and you're using this RP to tell that story, or are you still developing your character right now?
Either one could be a good story possibility to undertake.

I was originally intending to limit any travelling outside of the city to a main event.
Not that I'm against helping for side stories like this, as long as it doesn't conflict with any major events going on. For example, the first major event is going to be taking place in the city, and I'd like both of my characters to be there. But if you're going to be traveling outside of Friendshire, especially if it's a dangerous quest, I'd like at least one of my characters to be available to help see it through. My other OC, Trilby Hatter, will probably stay in the town most of the time. But Samurai Equine is a heroic, protective warrior that likes helping friends and defending the weak. He'd want to be there for any big journeys, if his presence would be helpful.

@Samurai Equine

I could see Samurai travelling with us IF we temporarily leave Friendshire, and that actually would work out perfectly for division. To clarify, there would be two groups of four. While Astral, Dynamo, Pastel, and Samurai are part of one side of the story, Shadow Trail, Forest Gum, Fable, and Trilby Hatter could be part of the second half of the story. While the two groups might sometimes divide themselves, that would give the characters opportunities to meet the other group so the stories can overlap, it's already happened once when Astral had a brief conversation with Fable. Sounds like a pretty cool concept, don't you think?

Sorry if I'm forgetting anyone.

Edited by Astral Vision
  • Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

..Is this RP inspiring fanart?! :wau:

I wonder if I should share ref images of both of my characters since I never filled out any character forms for them...

The art is inspired the by RP. 

I think its a good idea to share ref image of both of your characters. :)

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I'm fine! Well, as much as I can be. I was just waiting on Astral before I posted another reply so he didn't get stepped over :3

the fanart seems neat~ I uhh dont really have a reference for Pastel besides the description and the pony creator doesnt quite cut it

2 minutes ago, Pastel-chan said:

I'm fine! Well, as much as I can be. I was just waiting on Astral before I posted another reply so he didn't get stepped over :3

the fanart seems neat~ I uhh dont really have a reference for Pastel besides the description and the pony creator doesnt quite cut it

I imagine she'd look somewhat like Pinkie Pie, only lighter and smaller.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

I imagine she'd look somewhat like Pinkie Pie, only lighter and smaller.

I wouldn't compare her to Pinkie Pie, she's brighter colored, she has a longer and straighter mane. more like hmm, a ponified version of Kisaragi from Azur Lane perhaps? Or maybe Madoka? She has an "anime" vibe around her

Maybe I'll just try making her on the pony creator tonight and see how it goes. (I cant today cos i have family drama to deal with and i wanna play some FF7)

Edited by Pastel-chan
  • Brohoof 1