Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [CLOSED] The Town Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

5 minutes ago, SolidFire7 said:

Oops...

How?

First page of this thread. There is a form you can fill out. :)

It should look like this:

• NAME:
  • SPECIES:
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB:
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS:
  • PERSONALITY:
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION:
  • DESCRIPTION AND/OR REF IMAGE:

Likewise, if you have a character page for your OC, you can link me to that and I'll review it.

Once I've reviewed your character's stats, then I'll decide if you're right for this RP. I may have follow up questions too.

Edited by Samurai Equine

Moments ago, SolidFire7 said:

How do I do that first thing? Sorry, it's my first time... 

The rule in this RP is that your character has to be like something from the show (not too violent, over-powered, etc.), so it would be a good idea to tone your character down if you think it does anything that wouldn’t be allowed in the MLP show.

3 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

First page of this thread. There is a form you can fill out. :)

It should look like this:

Likewise, if you have a character page for your OC, you can link me to that and I'll review it.

Once I've reviewed your character's stats, then I'll decide if you're right for this RP. I may have follow up questions too.

• NAME: Phoenix Flame
  • SPECIES: Changeling
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: None. Wanderer, Doer-of-odd-and-even-jobs.
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: Swordsman. Self-taught chief. Former scientist.
  • PERSONALITY: Friendly. Book-worm.
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: Former guard for Q.C. Defected during first invasion, going into hiding till King Thorax. Accidentally developed the unremovable armor he's wearing. Unable to replicate due to losing most scientific skills in the same accident.
  • DESCRIPTION AND/OR REF IMAGE: Edge of wings and hooves (and headphones) are armored and able to expand with a thought (think Endgame Iron Man). Chose current disguise due to exploration of various lands and cultures.
  • Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, SolidFire7 said:
  • NAME: Phoenix Flame
  • SPECIES: Changeling
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: None. Wanderer, Doer-of-odd-and-even-jobs.
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: Swordsman. Self-taught chief. Former scientist.
  • PERSONALITY: Friendly. Book-worm.
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: Former guard for Q.C. Defected during first invasion, going into hiding till King Thorax. Accidentally developed the unremovable armor he's wearing. Unable to replicate due to losing most scientific skills in the same accident.
  • DESCRIPTION AND/OR REF IMAGE: Edge of wings and hooves (and headphones) are armored and able to expand with a thought (think Endgame Iron Man). Chose current disguise due to exploration of various lands and cultures.

Seems like most everything is in order so far!
As for a follow up question, what interests you in my RP? :) In case the name and description isn't enough, the town of Frienshire is not a perfect place in Equestria. It's a dead-end town for ponies and creatures who don't have anywhere else to go or anything better to do. It's also in dire straights. It could really use citizens that are willing to mix things up, maybe take over businesses and help run the town (but that part is optional). Are you sure you want your character to reside here?

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Seems like most everything is in order so far!
As for a follow up question, what interests you in my RP? :) In case the name and description isn't enough, the town of Frienshire is not a perfect place in Equestria. It's a dead-end town for ponies and creatures who don't have anywhere else to go or anything better to do. It's also in dire straights. It could really use citizens that are willing to mix things up, maybe take over businesses and help run the town (but that part is optional). Are you sure you want your character to reside here?

Well, I was looking up info of Golden Oaks, saw this RP, and thought, 'eh, why not? Something to do during this insanity.'

As to your second question: yes. He wants a spot to settle down and become his HQ so that he has a permanent place to return to. Also, the rest of Equestria isn't right for him.

• Brohoof 1

28 minutes ago, SolidFire7 said:

Well, I was looking up info of Golden Oaks, saw this RP, and thought, 'eh, why not? Something to do during this insanity.'

As to your second question: yes. He wants a spot to settle down and become his HQ so that he has a permanent place to return to. Also, the rest of Equestria isn't right for him.

Well in that case, I'd say everything is in order. Welcome to the RP! :BrightMacContent:I'll add your OC to the front page list momentarily.

What you need to know about this RP:

The RP consists of "days". We alternate between slice-of-life days (which we are currently in), and major event days where something is happening that might require all or most of the town to get involved. During either of these days, more of the towns lore will be uncovered; which will explain what happened to the town to make it a dead-end failure that most of Equestria has forgotten about. Your OC will learn more as he interacts with the others.

On slice-of-life days, you may have to be self-sufficient. Find things for your OC to do, even if he doesn't have anyone to talk to. All the OCs in the RP have different things to contribute to the town in their own way.

You are not limited to just your main OC. If you need to, don't be afraid to RP as background or incidental characters. However, if you are going to play as any other reoccuring characters, be sure to fill out a character form and run it by me. Some of us RP as multiple characters. @PawelS has his OC's, Nopony and Tree Song. @Windy Breeze has Shadow Trail and Sundae, to name a few. And I have two as well. Trilby Hater is the town's top hat and clothing maker; but my main OC (Samurai Equine) is the town's guardian and military leader (and he's away from the town right now to take care of something important).

Last of all, before you reply in the RP again, you may need to wait. I reported your first post, so it might get taken down. Which means you might need to resubmit your introduction in the RP. Sorry. :adorkable:

Most of the citizens are currently pre-occupied by now. However, there might be someone willing to welcome your OC. We haven't heard from @Kronos the Revenant in a while. His OC might be willing to greet yours. I am sure the two of you might get along well. If not, maybe @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @Ragland Tiger, or someone else might be willing to welcome your OC to the town. Otherwise, make your OC at home.

I think that should be it! Welcome to the RP and don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have. :kirin:

30 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Well in that case, I'd say everything is in order. Welcome to the RP! :BrightMacContent:I'll add your OC to the front page list momentarily.

What you need to know about this RP:

The RP consists of "days". We alternate between slice-of-life days (which we are currently in), and major event days where something is happening that might require all or most of the town to get involved. During either of these days, more of the towns lore will be uncovered; which will explain what happened to the town to make it a dead-end failure that most of Equestria has forgotten about. Your OC will learn more as he interacts with the others.

On slice-of-life days, you may have to be self-sufficient. Find things for your OC to do, even if he doesn't have anyone to talk to. All the OCs in the RP have different things to contribute to the town in their own way.

You are not limited to just your main OC. If you need to, don't be afraid to RP as background or incidental characters. However, if you are going to play as any other reoccuring characters, be sure to fill out a character form and run it by me. Some of us RP as multiple characters. @PawelS has his OC's, Nopony and Tree Song. @Windy Breeze has Shadow Trail and Sundae, to name a few. And I have two as well. Trilby Hater is the town's top hat and clothing maker; but my main OC (Samurai Equine) is the town's guardian and military leader (and he's away from the town right now to take care of something important).

Last of all, before you reply in the RP again, you may need to wait. I reported your first post, so it might get taken down. Which means you might need to resubmit your introduction in the RP. Sorry. :adorkable:

Most of the citizens are currently pre-occupied by now. However, there might be someone willing to welcome your OC. We haven't heard from @Kronos the Revenant in a while. His OC might be willing to greet yours. I am sure the two of you might get along well. If not, maybe @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @Ragland Tiger, or someone else might be willing to welcome your OC to the town. Otherwise, make your OC at home.

I think that should be it! Welcome to the RP and don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have. :kirin:

Everything's perfectly alright! Looking forward, old chap! XD

• Brohoof 2

@SolidFire7

I've also been looking for a way to get my character back into the RP so I could possibly welcome you to the town as well, although he's pretty new himself. We could be new together I suppose. :3 Doubt either of our OCs have seem the likes of each other before, could be fun. ^^ You don't have to, just throwing it out there.

• Brohoof 3

38 minutes ago, GeneralDirection said:

@SolidFire7

I've also been looking for a way to get my character back into the RP so I could possibly welcome you to the town as well, although he's pretty new himself. We could be new together I suppose. :3 Doubt either of our OCs have seem the likes of each other before, could be fun. ^^ You don't have to, just throwing it out there.

No need to over think it, my friend! :ticking: The way I saw it, your character has always been there at Friendshire, just in the background doing his own thing. No need for a grand re-entrance or anything. Just have him pop up any time like he was always there, and it'll be cool. It'd be AWESOME to see your OC active in the RP again! I've been waiting for that for so long, I've been on the edge of my seat~!

8 hours ago, GeneralDirection said:

@SolidFire7

Eh, why not?

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Here are some possible characters I would use here. Let me know what you think. @Samurai Equine

Spoiler
  • NAME: Opia 
  • SPECIES: Unicorn Pony
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: Healer 
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: Draining energy from plants to heal herself or others. Or to increase her own power.  Cutie mark symbolizes her talent. Life force manipulation, with a green spiral to represent that. 
  • PERSONALITY: Opia is a stoic, cold and emotionless unicorn. Whether this is masking something, or how she normally is unknown. An enigma she is, similar to Maud Pie in terms of how she expresses herself. 
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: Lives alone in solitude, came to the town out of interest in what is going on there. Wants to find something to do.
    75CCD16A-9D15-4D8B-8D57-6BD65B4AF03C.thumb.jpeg.98e835197c138d7efbb2fcd065a9a11e.jpeg
Spoiler
  • NAME: Serendipity Springs
  • SPECIES: Crystal Pony 
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: Jeweler 
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: She is able to craft gemstones from hunks of rock and is also really good at locating them too. 
  • PERSONALITY: She is sly, seductive even. Sometimes over-exaggerates aspects of her personality and likes to impress others with her gems and is really curious about everything and loves exploring. 
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: She has a crush on Daring Do. 

unknown.png?width=637&height=626
Spoiler
  • NAME: Sparkly Green
  • SPECIES: Alicorn (I explain later)
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: Unknown
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: Sparkly Green has a talent to sort of see what others don't see, very poetic and good with words and coming up with ideas. 
  • PERSONALITY: An enigma she is, sometimes speaking in riddles and rhyme, other times more casual. She sometimes is prone to acting rather unusual as opposed to how other ponies act. She likes to tell ponies about things they've never heard of but is generally unsure of what to do with her time. 
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: A traveler of Equestria, she has been in Equestria for a few years. Originally was once a human from Earth, more specifically me. Literally a self insert character more or less but with variations and some differences. She ended up in Equestria as a clone of Twilight Sparkle but had help from others in changing her appearance from Twilight to what she looks like now. She can levitate objects, perform basic spells and can do rather strong ones but is generally inept at what most unicorns can do. Wears a cloak to hide her alicorn wings.

Mono.png?width=850&height=625

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Monotonality said:

Here are some possible characters I would use here. Let me know what you think. @Samurai Equine

Reveal hidden contents
  • NAME: Opia 
  • SPECIES: Unicorn Pony
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: Healer 
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: Draining energy from plants to heal herself or others. Or to increase her own power.  Cutie mark symbolizes her talent. Life force manipulation, with a green spiral to represent that. 
  • PERSONALITY: Opia is a stoic, cold and emotionless unicorn. Whether this is masking something, or how she normally is unknown. An enigma she is, similar to Maud Pie in terms of how she expresses herself. 
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: Lives alone in solitude, came to the town out of interest in what is going on there. Wants to find something to do.
    75CCD16A-9D15-4D8B-8D57-6BD65B4AF03C.thumb.jpeg.98e835197c138d7efbb2fcd065a9a11e.jpeg
  Reveal hidden contents
  • NAME: Serendipity Springs
  • SPECIES: Crystal Pony 
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: Jeweler 
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: She is able to craft gemstones from hunks of rock and is also really good at locating them too. 
  • PERSONALITY: She is sly, seductive even. Sometimes over-exaggerates aspects of her personality and likes to impress others with her gems and is really curious about everything and loves exploring. 
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: She has a crush on Daring Do. 

unknown.png?width=637&height=626
  Reveal hidden contents
  • NAME: Sparkly Green
  • SPECIES: Alicorn (I explain later)
  • OCCUPATION OR DESIRED JOB: Unknown
  • ABILITIES/TALENTS: Sparkly Green has a talent to sort of see what others don't see, very poetic and good with words and coming up with ideas. 
  • PERSONALITY: An enigma she is, sometimes speaking in riddles and rhyme, other times more casual. She sometimes is prone to acting rather unusual as opposed to how other ponies act. She likes to tell ponies about things they've never heard of but is generally unsure of what to do with her time. 
  • ANY OTHER IMPORTANT/RELEVANT INFORMATION: A traveler of Equestria, she has been in Equestria for a few years. Originally was once a human from Earth, more specifically me. Literally a self insert character more or less but with variations and some differences. She ended up in Equestria as a clone of Twilight Sparkle but had help from others in changing her appearance from Twilight to what she looks like now. She can levitate objects, perform basic spells and can do rather strong ones but is generally inept at what most unicorns can do. Wears a cloak to hide her alicorn wings.

Mono.png?width=850&height=625

I am surprised by your characters. I think they are all fine! :kirin: Is there a specific one you want to RP as? There is no limits here. You can RP as many characters you want, so you can be all three if you like.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Monotonality said:

@Samurai Equine

How about I surprise you and go ahead and post as one of them? Can I have her like walk into the town?

Go ahead. I was waiting on someone, but you can pretend my OC is freely roaming the town in the open. If you want, your OC can run into mine.
Or your can run into @Kronos the Revenant's OC. He's been wanting something to do. :) Either answer works.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

@Samurai Equine

Name:
Opia

Abilities: Life Force healing, and possible Necromancy. Extensive knowledge of plant species and herbs

Appearance: Opia is generally stoic with a monotone expression. Her mane twinkles with green specs, the more power she has within her magic the stronger those specs are. 

75CCD16A-9D15-4D8B-8D57-6BD65B4AF03C.png?width=676&height=676

Backstory:
Opia was created as an experiment by a scientist mare named Symacore. Symacore was a talented mage who went too far in her studies and revived a mare who recently died. Symacore wanted to see if she could bring back the dead by using non-dark magic spells. This only partially worked but due to a combination of a life spell along with the other spells, that caused the mare to revive without her soul or cutie mark. Instead, a new soul was created by the energy of the life around her. That is how Opia came to be.

In the result, Opia having some sort of social impairment where she can only be friendly around Symacore, who can stimulate the emotional part of Opia's mane by her mere presence. 

Symacore did this illegally and kept her largely a secret. Despite this, it was found out that Symacore had created Opia from a revival spell. This was highly frowned upon and treated as heresy against natural law. Symacore's presence in Vanhoover became known, but before the authority could arrest Symacore she escaped with her sole remaining friend. Symacore's real name is Green Vine. Leaving Vanhoover,  Symacore, Pine (an alias used by her friend), and Pine's 3 foals. They would settle down in Hollowshades, far away from the drama in Vanhoover and live out a quiet and secluded life on a former farm they purchased together. 

Opia lived a fairly sheltered life and was kept hidden from public view. Her fillyhood was spent on the farm with her family, the three foals were named Oak, Aspen, and Birch. Opia would consider them brothers, with Birch being the only filly of the three. Pine and Symacore would teach Opia the best they can about the world, but would mainly teach her about nature and plants. Opia quickly latched on and took an interest in herbs.

Opia got her cutie mark when she healed Birch after she was attacked by a wild animal. Coming of age, Opia would travel the land and heal any pony that needed it. She found her calling in life, using her life force magic to heal innocent ponies.

Personality: 

Opia is a healer, in all reality. Almost like Zecora but without the rhyme. She is very into plants and herbs, medicines, and wears the same monotone or disinterested look all the while. She is incapable of feeling most emotional ranges as some sort of 'disability' due to not being a normal pony like the rest. She is observant, distant and largely silent. When she speaks it is usually a one word reply or an ominous statement. Her tone is usually neutral with a rather cold undertone.

She won't be able to smile, or feel joy, or feel offended by others unless around the one who created her (Symacore). She keeps a picture of Symacore, and her family with her at all times. When around Symacore Opia is loyal, caring, and affectionate towards her mother and will do anything to keep her safe and happy. 

Opia keeps her true origins and nature a closely guided secret. Only her family knows what she truly is and as of yet she hasn't trusted anyone to tell about what she really is. She is a simple mare, who lives a largely simple life. 

Dislikes: Loud noises, ponies who pry into her life too much, ponies who stand in the way of her healing others, being touched by others

Edited by Starforce

Moments ago, Samurai Equine said:

Quick question: When would you like Opia to join the RP? The current day being observed in the RP or in a future date?

I wouldn't insert her into the events going currently, however I would be unwilling to wait until future dates. I would say she will just enter into the town. Look around a bit, and observe things for now. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Starforce said:

I wouldn't insert her into the events going currently, however I would be unwilling to wait until future dates. I would say she will just enter into the town. Look around a bit, and observe things for now. 

Thanks. I approve your character.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...