Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [CLOSED] The Town Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

12 minutes ago, Jack Baker said:

This still open to newcomers? I'd like to join.

We're always welcoming newcomers! :pinkie:
Just fill out the character forum, and I'll review it ASAP.

Would you like a summary of things that have happened so far, or do you want to read all the pages in the RP?

16 minutes ago, Jack Baker said:

If you could summarize, I'd be ok with that.

I'm using a character called Raze, a traveling mercenary for hire with a guardian spirit.

I like the character! His origins are actually quite similar to my main character's origins (Samurai Equine). :squee: I could see the two of them becoming close friends and perhaps partners in battle.
But remember, this RP is trying to stay close to the tone of the show (with some slight embellishing here and there). So if you are okay with that, then... Welcome aboard! Feel free to start RPing any time! B)

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Jack Baker said:

If you could summarize, I'd be ok with that.

I'm using a character called Raze, a traveling mercenary for hire with a guardian spirit.

This guys sounds like my character. I think if we encounter one another, we might get along. That or we might get into a stare down and fight Jojo style. 

@Samurai Equine

Also, who’s next to perform?

Edited by Kronos the Revenant

1 minute ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

This guys sounds like my character. I think if we encounter one another, we might get along. That or we might get into a stare down and fight Jojo style. 

Also, who’s next to perform?

There's no set order or anything. Anyone can jump in and perform whenever they want. Feel free to go next, if you like. :)

8 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@ExplosionMare, @Pastel-chan

By the way, your music choices? LOVED THEM! :laugh: I'm definitely adding them to my music collection.
Hope my music choices weren't too weeby for ya. He is a 'Japanese' pony after all, so it made sense to me that he would sing in that language.

I actually really like songs in other languages cause sometimes the voices are just better.

And I’m glad I could add to your music collection! Personally I’d recommend the whole Flashdrive album that “Purple” is from. You might want to skip “Black” and “Red” though if you don’t like cursing or heavy metal.

@Samurai Equine @Astral Vision

I saw the response of Dynamo and Astral were to keep watch in case something had happened. Would Dynamo still be able to sing, or would he be skipped as he has to keep watch? If it’s the latter, then maybe it could help his character development as he would feel left out on having fun. Maybe he has trouble saying how he truly feels. Since he still feels sad that he couldn’t work together with looking through the book on his family history, while trying to to seem selfish or something along those lines. 

5 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Samurai Equine @Astral Vision

I saw the response of Dynamo and Astral were to keep watch in case something had happened. Would Dynamo still be able to sing, or would he be skipped as he has to keep watch? If it’s the latter, then maybe it could help his character development as he would feel left out on having fun. Maybe he has trouble saying how he truly feels. Since he still feels sad that he couldn’t work together with looking through the book on his family history, while trying to to seem selfish or something along those lines. 

I don't see why he couldn't do both, if he wanted. The majority of the population is attending the concert, so he could keep an eye on everyone while taking part in the festivities at the same time. :)

2 hours ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

It’s really an original song i wrote myself. 

Ah, I see now. Well, if you've got any musical talent IRL, you should record it some time! I'm sure there are people that would love to hear it.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine I'm glad you liked it! I was looking forward to making that post for awhile haha. I love that song too~

I also considered Phone Call by 2DCat as it's also a Pastel worthy song and actually sounds close to how I'd imagine her singing voice, but maybe I'll save that for the end of the RP plot; like, give it a Love Is In Bloom vibe :3

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Samurai Equine said:

I don't see why he couldn't do both, if he wanted. The majority of the population is attending the concert, so he could keep an eye on everyone while taking part in the festivities at the same time. :)

That's true and I didn't really think about that. Also, is there a limit on how many songs one can sing?

2 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

That's true and I didn't really think about that. Also, is there a limit on how many songs one can sing?

@Dynamo Pad

I think it's just one song per customer, but if Samurai says otherwise you could sing more?

2 hours ago, Pastel-chan said:

@Samurai Equine I'm glad you liked it! I was looking forward to making that post for awhile haha. I love that song too~

I also considered Phone Call by 2DCat as it's also a Pastel worthy song and actually sounds close to how I'd imagine her singing voice, but maybe I'll save that for the end of the RP plot; like, give it a Love Is In Bloom vibe :3

@Pastel-chan

If you're using this RP to build up your character, do you think Pastel might get her cutie mark in this story? If so, probably not until towards the end I'd imagine.

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Dynamo Pad

I think it's just one song per customer, but if Samurai says otherwise you could sing more?

I remember Samurai had sung two songs, so I wasn't sure if there was a limit on songs. Now I have to think on what song to use. I had two to three songs in mind, but I wasn't sure. :ButtercupLaugh:

(edited)
3 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

The only limit is your own personal limit.

I did two, but if anyone else wants to "sing" two or more, feel free! You can marathon some songs back-to-back. You can "sing" a few, let someone else perform, then take the stage again. Whatever you like!
The RP is fun, so just have fun with it! :laugh:

Edited by Samurai Equine

5 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

@Pastel-chan

If you're using this RP to build up your character, do you think Pastel might get her cutie mark in this story? If so, probably not until towards the end I'd imagine.

I didn't join the RP with that in mind specifically, so that depends on what happens I guess owo Pastel is a wild card and doesn't operate on a timeline. Also if she got her cutie mark as she is now then I'd have a harder time requesting art haha

(edited)

Adding another OC. 

Name: Sundae Delight

Species: Unicorn pony

Talents/Abilities: N/A

Personalities: Cheery, friendly, generous

Any other important/revelant information: Sundae is smaller than Shadow Trail but still looks like a normal average pony. She is a local in Friendshire and goes to Friendshire Cemetery to visit the grave of her family daily. She is living alone and doesn't have any living family member.

Image: (I'm working on it) 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 4

@Astral Vision, @Dynamo Pad

So, I'm not really sure what kind of plot is unfolding right now, but would it be okay if it turns out that whatever Astral is detecting is actually a false alarm or something? I think we should hold off until later. Not saying abandon it, just save it for another time. I think, story wise, everyone is ready for Day 2 to be over so we can move on to Day 3. We all ready covered two big stories, and I was only planning on doing one story line for Day 2.

I just want to make sure we're all on the same page in terms of pacing. :)
Trust me, I understand. We all have great stories we want to tell. And we'll get to it, in due time. Even I am holding back story lines I want to explore. But I think it's best, no matter what event is happening, that anyone else has the option to be pure slice-of-life in case the current stories don't interest them. We don't have to fill every slow moment with a major event/crisis.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Astral Vision, @Dynamo Pad

So, I'm not really sure what kind of plot is unfolding right now, but would it be okay if it turns out that whatever Astral is detecting is actually a false alarm or something? I think we should hold off until later. Not saying abandon it, just save it for another time. I think, story wise, everyone is ready for Day 2 to be over so we can move on to Day 3. We all ready covered two big stories, and I was only planning on doing one story line for Day 2.

I just want to make sure we're all on the same page in terms of pacing. :)
Trust me, I understand. We all have great stories we want to tell. And we'll get to it, in due time. Even I am holding back story lines I want to explore. But I think it's best, no matter what event is happening, that anyone else has the option to be pure slice-of-life in case the current stories don't interest them. We don't have to fill every slow moment with a major event/crisis.

@Samurai Equine

No worries, it wasn't going to be a large threat, but I understand your concern. Astral realized it was a false alarm as you guessed, and is currently on the stage. The pacing seems good for now, but let me know if you have any specific plot in mind.