Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your reactions/thoughts on COVID-19

FirePuppy

I personally do not like it when a person goes up to me and said "Thank you for being out there to do all this." fuck that.  One, people should be staying home if they're so worry. And two, I'm not here for the this whole "front line" shit. I'm just here to making a fucking living as usual for me and my family. I hate to be mean and I know they mean well but pfft c'mon I'm just a guy doing his job to make money for bills and whatnot.  I won't say it for all but I stayed because I need to make money. I didn't stay just because it for you. I left my job recently as CNA. It's too much of a risk  to stay plus it not worth the $13 12 hr shift 2 days (plus more).  I already have another job that is at a retails which is less risky to work at but even so, since they refused to give me a hazard raise I only do half-ass job because I don't own my company shit.

Overall what I'm trying to say is, the reality of it. Yeah there are some who actually do put themselves out there and be all out to help others and risking their lives out there. But me personally, I don't need any of that "front line" bull sticking onto me since like I said, I'm just a guy who as usual and everyday just here to work to make a living for his family. Nothing else. I can choose to leave whenever.

• Brohoof 1

Gotta love the hysteria and hype over something which is basically just the flu with a new name and now I have to deal with things being closed and postponed on top of the general lunacy and ridiculousness that comes with people feeding into each other's fears and panic over nothing. 

• Brohoof 1

There's people that said "Coronavirus will bring people together." The internet seems to be saying otherwise, that the far right in particular is certainly politicizing this issue by trying to say "sacrifice your grandma to the market gods". So essentially, send everyone back to work, get everyone sick, and watch as our death counts skyrocket further than they have (COVID-19 in the US has already killed more people than 9-11 as of posting). People that turn this into a political issue make me sick.

Edited by Angel_Dust
  • Brohoof 1

I'm perfectly fine staying inside, but otherwise things are being affected by it and I hope it ends soon. It seems difficult to get since I believe only a million people have it in a world with 7 billion people, but the fact of the matter is that people are sick and dying. It's also just something for big media to be annoying about. It also kinda stinks that fighting games are primarily online at the moment. Otherwise, it's a situation that we can both take seriously and make light of at the same time.

6 minutes ago, Bas said:

Hungary.

President Orban did basically remove the parliament from all decision making and is now allowed to rule by his decrees alone as part of an emergency situation.

This is god damn dangerous. The situation alone is, but he is a right-wing populist - or worse. There is no guarantee he will give the power back once the crisis is solved - or maybe even, that he will try to drag it along in order to keep that power.

( @BasI hope your situation is not that bad, that it requires you to wear a mask in public)

And yea, that sounds a lot like Star Wars Prequels "politics" to me. The situation is never so bad, to remove a democratic parliament. Then again, I am not an expert in politics.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2020 at 12:41 AM, Mirage said:

14,000 people (including children) have died from the 2019 flu virus (this is about average, 10k-20k people die every year from the common cold)

So how is this stacking up to Corona today? It's been around 2 months now.

I heard some scary things about mass graves in New York City? Is that something the flu caused in 2019?

At first, I wasn’t too worried about it. I figured it would reach the US and other countries but I didn’t think it would get as bad as it is now. As of right now, I am not too worried about contracting the virus. I am staying home and only going out unless necessary. And even if I do get it, my chances of survival are pretty good. I’m a healthy, young adult (25 years old). I know that the virus can kill anyone but I have a better chance of survival that an elderly person or a child. I am already a shut in so staying home is no big deal for me. The only issue this virus has caused me is lack of income. My workplace had to temporarily shut down.

20 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

I heard some scary things about mass graves in New York City? Is that something the flu caused in 2019?

It’s not helping that deaths in New York City not directly attributed to the coronavirus are being counted.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-york-city-coronavirus-death-toll-jumps-as-city-includes-probable-deaths-2020-04-14

Compare NYC’s rate to that to other states. Texas, for instance, has a population 29,000,000 people and 400 coronavirus deaths as of last night. Its governor plans in reopening the state today.

Edited by Yoshi89
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Bas said:

Keep in mind NYC is A HUGE junction center for travel, business, all of them. OF COURSE, people ALL OF THE WORLD are concentration in NYC: It is an invitational card to the virus, honestly.

That's likely the most pressing factor in why the rate there is so high, given that no matter where you go people are still going about their daily routines. The risk jumps in NYC because of its residents walking and using public transport.

As someone who lives about an hour's drive away from that city, it's made me think twice about going there for the past several months.

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Yoshi89 said:

As someone who lives about an hour's drive away from that city, it's made me think twice about going there for the past several months.

Wow, that's kinda close! I believe anything you say, as you are dealing with the situation much closer than us. :o

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

This virus has ruined Christmas, because it's the first with dead bodies, and I mean DEAD bodies:okiedokieloki:

Santa could slip up when he says lump of coal or the grim reaper could be standing behind him.  

:worry:Do yourselves a favor, don't ever watch Nightmare Before Christmas.  

When I heard about the COVID happening in around December 2019-January 2020 and the first-ever COVID US case, I hope to myself that this virus would go away soon and hopefully it doesn't get worse.

Well, fast forward to December, I was wrong and I usually have to stay home and using virtual school (but will come back to actual non-virtual regular school in January 2021) but I hope this pandemic be over by either 2021 or 2022. 

Crazy times, man. Crazy times. 

• Brohoof 1

It made the year garbage, and given I live in the US, it's made everything a bloody nightmare. Doesn't help that so much people in this damn country are a bunch of selfish numbnuts who refuse to follow the most basic of medical advice because they feel the need to scream about how it goes against their stupid patriotism

• Brohoof 2

It is necessary change in the global narrative, to imprint a behavioral pattern that creates change in the future of the planet.

It can help create collapse of various types, because it is necessary to restructure a dysfunctional system.

I believe it is an ongoing process, even if I do not remember my work beyond the amnesic barrier.

My view of this primarily as a political rather than health crisis has intensified over the past several months. Like with any crisis, the Coronavirus is justification for governments to expand the scope of their power and to make the population increasingly submissive and servile. "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste."

If the Coronavirus was the second coming of the Black Plague, I am sure most would be dead already based on the behavior of politicians and bureaucrats who believe they do not need to follow their own rules as lockdown are only rules applied to the common people and not to the righteous aristocrats. Government workers would readily call for more restriction as they personally do not have anything to lose in doing so as they have a guaranteed income, whereas the common person, not having a guaranteed income, has much to lose.But it is the latter accused of being selfish and immoral if they suggest that restrictions are excessive.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 2

What I'm about to say is a bit controversial but for me the biggest thing this situation has done is expose either hypocrisy or ignorance when it comes to health. 

We are destroying livelihoods over a virus that has yet to hit the death toll rate of obesity related illnesses in the US. But we would never tolerate anywhere near the same measures in our lives for being overweight. And I find this a risky standard to set and an interesting response from the public.

Am I saying it's not dangerous? Not at all. Am I saying the measures taken are entirely wrong? No though I do feel they go overboard in some ways and we are giving up too much oversight out of fear. So for someone struggling with my own weight issues and being of a legal mindset this has been interesting to watch.

• Brohoof 4

I personally have to say that covid 19 hasn't affected me much at all. I used to spend most of my time at home even before the virus hit. The main difference is that I don't go to stores anymore as we ordered food stuffs online and get that delivered to the door.

Edited by zerox
  • Brohoof 1

At the beginning I didn’t wanna believe it and I hated talking about it, but now it’s everywhere so it’s basically unavoidable to talk about. The first part of quarantine was weird and a little scary I remember but at least then people weren’t doing a million awful things. Once quarantine extended past the first month, everything just got crazy and I just couldn’t believe the behaviors of some people/groups.

• Brohoof 2

Covid-19 worries me, because one of my fears is dying to a virus. But I always check in on the global case count for some reason. I usually block these thoughts but my curiosity gets the better of me. I check in to see which countries topped 1m and Turkey just did. I just don't want me or anyone I love to be infected with the virus

• Brohoof 1

I didn't care about the virus when all of this idiocy began, and I don't care about it now. Yes, it kills people, but so do a lot of other, far worse diseases. I consider the worldwide reaction to be extremely exaggerated and I hope the vaccine hurries up so we can go back to normal. Honestly, all I want is to get back to training, both fencing and krav maga. We had bootcamps going on for krav, at least, but as of today everything's going on lockdown again over here. As if it's going to solve anything. Oh, it'll get the infection rate down for a bit, but the moment the restrictions are loosened it'll flare back up again. Next time there's a worldwide pandemic, it better be worth all the trouble.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

At first for me it was just another ebola in far away country. Then when lockdown happened I got scared as everyone around (btw I joined here because of lockdown). Over time I stopped caring about it and got tired of this situation. Now I realize that methods of managing covid are much more dangerous than covid itself. Basically medicine now only cures covid, everything else is postponed until the end of pandemic. I'm irritated by the mass hysterica

Its just a fact of life unfortunately. It is used more as a political tool rather than people actually caring about the deaths. I think its definitely something we will remember for the rest of our life times. I am tired of the masks, I'm tired of all the regulations but I never got out much anyways so it doesn't affect me.

• Brohoof 1