Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where did your childhood scar come from?

Reecejackox

My scar:

15823921381171132022472.thumb.jpg.9348ea1ff00494a935c7bce302fb4b73.jpg

I fell against a sharp end of something when I was two years old and the skin there was almost cut off, the doctor finished the job and it had to heal by itself, didn't go well.

I have two. A circle on the left side of my forehead from ripping off a chicken pox bump when I was about 7, and line from getting my lip split on the right when I was about 10. Got that when I was on a merry-go-round. Me and at least a dozen other kids were trying to get it to go as fast as possible, so we each grabbed a rung or two and ran as fast as we could and then jumped on. That is except for this one girl, who thought it best to stand and push it while we were running, so we'd have to let go or hop on and back off to avoid running into her. Finally she left and we were all onboard, dangling over to get that rush from our precarious position and the wind in our hair. She happens to run back up just as I'm coming around and our heads smacked into each other's. She appeared to walk away unfazed. I fell off gushing blood. Luckilly didn't need any stitches.

There's also one on I think my left ear from getting bit by a dog when I was an infant, but that one's no longer visible. It was territorial about it's food which I was playing with, nothing more than a nip.

I have a few scars. One of them is there because a grown man hit me with a small plank of wood with a nail sticking out of it in my forehead. I must've been around 2-3 years old.

The other ones, between my nose and mouth and in my chest, are there because of a bad fall I took in primary school where I "dove" head first on the floor. The one on my chest was what the zipper on my jacket did when it happened.

Have a scar that looks a lot like the symbol on Ash Ketchum's hat on my right middle finger. It's a reminder of why you should never get pets from shady looking pet stores. You might just adopt an untamed animal that's ready to lash out at any second. It was from a pet rat that obviously was not tamed.

Edited by Angel_Dust
  • Brohoof 1

I have a scar on my elbow from when I fell down a gravel embankment into a creek when I was about four years old. And I have a little scar on the back of my hand from when I crashed my bike into a telephone pole at a pretty good clip (don’t ask). 

• Brohoof 1

Elbow - flying glass from car crash

Armpit - slipping on the footplate of a ride-on mower and falling onto the hot exhaust pip

Chest - scratching a chickenpox spot

Spoiler

As an adult?

Various scars on knuckles and hands from cuts and cats

24(?) On my leg from smashing my knee to pieces whilst skiing

It didn't leave a scar, but healed quite a bit. We used to have a small wooden barrier that would be used for plant support. I remember walking on it quite often. At one point when I was running towards it to do it I tripped and rammed my forehead on the edge of that shoddy wooden barrier. A lot of blood was involved.

Other than that as a teenager I remember playing around and running a lot in winter. We had those metal poles which you would use for hanging strings on and hanging the laundry there. They were all along our driveway. I was sprinting and there was a lot of ice involved. Was sprinting towards one of those poles at the time when I slipped and landed on my butt. Sadly, momentum kept me going especially since ice had little to no friction. 'Twas the hardest hit to my balls I remember in my life. This definitely left a "scar".

I have a scar on my forehead from not catching a broken frisbee my brother threw at me.

I also have a scar on my chin from my mother's attempt at dealing with a more internal abscess, she's a doctor.  What I mean by that is there were plenty of little segments so she needed to dig around my chin and clean it out.  A bit of home surgery...