Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where did your childhood scar come from?

Reecejackox

The top portion of my right ear is crimped in. As kids, me and my sister liked to play around a bunch and wear blankets as cloaks (there were a few years when we were obsessed with Harry Potter), and one day she accidentally stepped on mine while I was walking and my head hit the corner of a table. My parents took me to the hospital, but luckily it wasn't serious, and I didn't even have to get stitches. Not sure why it didn't fully heal.

Maybe I should add something to my OC like that. He's supposed to be modeled after me, after all (barring three exceptions that I can think of, anyway).

Edited by Booker

On 2/23/2020 at 2:55 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

I have a scar on my elbow from when I fell down a gravel embankment into a creek when I was about four years old. And I have a little scar on the back of my hand from when I crashed my bike into a telephone pole at a pretty good clip (don’t ask). 

Wait how did you managed to crash your bike again???

• Brohoof 1

I have two:

One on the upper side of my right temple from when I fell into a fireplace mantle when I was four

Then one on my leg below the knee, from well you know those metal dividers on floors that separate tile/hardwood from carpet. Well one of the nails was partially sticking up and I was a five year old running across a slick floor and yeah you probably know how that ended up.

On 2/27/2020 at 3:37 AM, Blivy said:

Wait how did you managed to crash your bike again???

I was crossing the street on my bike when some jerk came zooming around the corner. I had to really peddle my brains out to get out of his way because he was NOT slowing down. Unfortunately, by the time I reached the curb I was going so fast that I couldn't slow down either, and I slammed into the telephone pole. It was one of those tough choices; eat a telephone pole or become someone's new hood ornament. I opted for the pole. :rarity:

Ouch. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I actually managed to live out my childhood without getting any lasting scars. Now that I think about it, I am not that surprised. I wasn’t much of an adventurous child so I didn’t go out and do things that could have hurt me.

• 2 weeks later...

I burnt my left hand with boiling water when I was like 8-9, that place is still slightly darker than my skin colour. When I think about it, I still can remember the pain of that moment. :yay:

Mine is on my belly region. It is a scar leftover from a surgery I had when I was 3 to insert a shunt. The shunt goes from the back of my head to where that scar is. You can actually feel the tubing on my neck to the back of my head where the base of it is. 

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Mine is on my belly region. It is a scar leftover from a surgery I had when I was 3 to insert a shunt. The shunt goes from the back of my head to where that scar is. You can actually feel the tubing on my neck to the back of my head where the base of it is. 

Ohh! What does it do if you don't mind me asking?

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Blivy said:

Ohh! What does it do if you don't mind me asking?

You know what they say, curiosity constructed the cake. :derp:

When I was 3, I was diagnosed with hydrocephalus, a condition where the natural tubing that drains water from the head/brain area is either broken or not there at all. This causes water buildup on the brain. A shunt, in my case, drains said water and disperses it through my body, hence why the tubing goes from my head to my stomach region. Even with a shunt this condition is notorious for causing brain damage and mental disorders, especially during childhood, which explains a lot about me. I have a multitude of mental problems...Also my head is a teensy bit larger than the average person, but it isn't all that noticeable now. It was more noticeable when I was younger. 

Side note, September is national hydrocephalus awareness month, which almost nobody knows. XD 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Kyoshi said:

You know what they say, curiosity constructed the cake. :derp:

When I was 3, I was diagnosed with hydrocephalus, a condition where the natural tubing that drains water from the head/brain area is either broken or not there at all. This causes water buildup on the brain. A shunt, in my case, drains said water and disperses it through my body, hence why the tubing goes from my head to my stomach region. Even with a shunt this condition is notorious for causing brain damage and mental disorders, especially during childhood, which explains a lot about me. I have a multitude of mental problems...Also my head is a teensy bit larger than the average person, but it isn't all that noticeable now. It was more noticeable when I was younger. 

Side note, September is national hydrocephalus awareness month, which almost nobody knows. XD 

Oh my Lord that actually sounds terrible! Glad you're okay! 

Not sure if this counts, but about seven, almost eight years ago I scraped my knuckles on the ground while I was taking out the trash. I was at my cousin's house and I was greeting one of his friends when I lost control of the dumpster and scraped them hard against the ground. Not sure if it counts as a scar, but the marks are still there.

IMG_5989.JPG

I have two scars

First one I got when I was playing in a playground with my friends. One of them was swinging and other friend was running with me around the swing. Eventually I got hot by the swing but it didn't hurt, then I saw that my friends were looking at me with fear and then I felt a warm stream of blood coming from my forehead. Fortunately we were right next to my home, so I rushed there and almost fell unconscious on sofa (my parents were at home). Now I have a little bump on my forehead

Second one I got when me and my friends decided to play after school and went to some apartment's backyard, played a little and then went home. At home I noticed that I have relatively big (~0,5in) shard of glass stuck in my leg:sealed:. For some reason I didn't feel it at all

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I have several childhood scars, the largest one having a kinda dark story behind it so I can't talk about it here. However, I can talk about the other scars. One was from stepping on glass, leaving a large scar, and another was from getting stabbed by a pencil. The one with the pencil came from my own stupidity, I was furious over my schoolwork and accidentally got stabbed by my own pencil, leaving a piece of lead in my hand that remains there even up to this day. I also have a very small and hardly noticeable scar on my thumb from when I accidentally pressed my thumb on a foldable knife, thinking it was the blunt side where you usually press to fold it up.

The real scars for me are psychological, emotional and spiritual, it is like a fracture that happened during my childhood, that I was never able to recover from. I cannot find peace with myself because of it.

A physical scar would be when I was exploring the living room in one of the old houses, after spending some thirty minutes staring at the realistic portrait of one of my great aunts. I remember falling in love with her, when she looked at me across that portrait of hers. She was so beautiful, and her eyes had a rare and sad depth that you cannot find in most normal people. She was really amazing, according to what I had heard.
Later, I remember my relatives telling me she had died fifty years ago of cancer after a long depression, on a december 6. The same date I was born. Apparently, it is always the garbage people who are left behind in this family. Not only that, last year we were moving some furniture around in that house, and we found her diary. The person who read it, told me her personality was like mine. And I read it, and discovered that she was apparently waiting for someone like myself, but fifty years ago. Because her marriage and career felt so empty. And there was something missing in her life she could not explain. Which is exactly the way I feel right now, fifty years later. But I wasn't born until some twenty years after she departed at 33 years old. I will be 33 by the end of this year. I miss her a lot. I miss a person that I've never known, yet I feel like I know her better than most people I have ever known. So, maybe I will find what is missing after all.

Anyways. There was nobody else with me at the house. So, I keep walking around and then I turn and see there was someone there watching me behind my back. I got so scared I started running up the staircase and stumbled halfway, splitting the right side of my upper lip againt the edge of one of the steps.
I didn't remember it hurting very much, but I was crying because of the shock and all the blood. Then, I look back... to realize that what had scared me was actually one of those old hair driers that stand on a feet, with some old clothes someone had put over it, as if they were trying to dress the damn thing.
The worst part at the hospital wasn't the stitchings or the local anesthesia, but that they covered my face before the procedure, so I couldn't see what was happening. And I was screaming for them to let me see. I didn't give a damn about the needles. I just wanted to see. But yeah, that was one of the few times I required to go to the hospital.

Edited by They call me Loyalty