Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you think are overpriced?

Reecejackox

god there's a lot to list...I would say most things in Japan. There's a lot of anime stuff I want  buy there, but man they sure like to overprice their items. Another is Gucci, great stuff but way too overpriced. There's a lipstick for $46 and most clothes there is about a $1,000 or $2,000. Not sure if it's the material but damn I don't care, it's still overpriced. Sixth Scale figures. Sure we get it, it's very detailed on the face and have real clothes on but $300+ for an figurine??  That's enough to buy a shark vacuum instead. I bought one anyway at a $200, and in my opinion I think $130-140 will more suffice since I feel it's not worth to be $200 either. 

Hell, Disney made their LE 12' dolls for  $130 and even I feel it should've been $75 because unlike 1/6 scale figures, it's a cartoon character, so there isn't much details there on the face to make it worth "$130".

Fedora/"captain" hats....god why are they always so expensive (the good one I mean).

I know we have to considered that all companies are different with their supplies and demands, but to me, it's obviously they've overpriced their item. Sure I may sound cheap but I also like to get my item worth. 

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much everything Nintendo makes.

Also "micro"transactions. I have to put "micro" in quotations, because the very notion of giving them the benefit of calling them small transactions is so false I can't even do it. Take Kingdom Hearts Union Cross for instance. It costs $20 to get enough to make a single pull. You know, if it was $0.99, I'd get calling it a microtransaction, but $20? Are you kidding me? It's just so absurd. I get how people get into these games, because I've been in KHUx a few times, but never have I been into it enough to justify spending that kind of money on it.

• Brohoof 1

Apple products
"Audiophile" cables
Brand-name (HP, Dell...) server hard drives - same hard drive, but with a different sticker and maybe firmware - 2x price.
Brand-name (Intel...) SFP transceivers - 2-5x more expensive than generic.
Brand-name (APC...) UPS battery packs - same batteries with a mounting bracket and 2x or higher price.
Printer ink.

• Brohoof 2

• Overwatch... $40 for a game that's not even as good as a similar game I can get for free? No thanks. Also, Blizzard in general leaves a VERY bad taste in my mouth, considering WoW's monthly subscriptions, their recent controversies, and how they treat their employees... :yuck:
  • Promotional T-Shirts... $30 is way too expensive for just a T-Shirt I'll wear a few times.
  • Apartments... When you can't even make enough money to afford living in an empty studio apartment with no amenities when you have a full time job, that's a problem.
  • Healthcare... What's worse is that it kills, a lot of people EVERY YEAR because of the nickel-and-diming done by our corrupt for profit health insurance in the states.
  • Cell Phones... They sure are expensive for glorified bricks... $600 may not sound too bad, but tack on the data plan and they cost as much as $1500 when all is said and done. You can custom build desktop PCs with MUCH better hardware for cheaper than that...
  • Apple, anything... Apple must have no concept of QA that's all that needs to be said.
Edited by Angel_Dust
  • Brohoof 1

Another +1 on Apple products.

Intel and Nvidia have worse price to performance ratios than AMD in basically every category, unless you're talking about old used hardware. Their "special features" are not worth nearly enough to make up the price gap.

Most game DLCs.

Insulin. I'm not diabetic, but that stuff is ridiculously overpriced for what it is.

Some types of fabric. Faux furs that used to be $20/yard are now $30/yard or more.

Edited by Booker
  • Brohoof 1

All technology, especially phones. I mean, it’s just a freaking phone. I don’t care how many bells and whistles they have; most of them are useless anyway. Plane travel is a big one too. Not only are the fares sky-high (no pun necessarily intended) but they hit you with a bottomless list of added fees that border on the laughable. Medicine, car repairs and hotels are pretty ridiculous, come to think of it. When it gets right down to it, everything is overpriced nowadays with greed so far out of control it’s insane. 

• Brohoof 2

I forgot to mention Legos. My god...for 100-200 pieces is like $20-40. And they're not even a large one either! I remember buying Slave 1 for $30 or $40 and now it costed $100 retails price! I regret returning that... I get it it's a lot of pieces but hell it's made out of plastic. Plastic is cheap. I don't know about those who buys/collect them but I wouldn't pay that much for a stupid toy.. It's not like it's a collector item, it's kid toys!! you know? to play??  Honestly I don't see the values being equal to their giving price.

SW Black series figurine. Yeah it should've been $15 since the figure is 6 inches and the details isn't all that great. I don't care about paying $20 for these honestly but the values is eh..worth $15 in my opinion. Luckily I can't complain since these are easy to find at a cheap price. Except there are some characters I also want but Hasbro made them so limited...I was tempted to get Darth Raven and Sabine for $50 each but nah...they don't even look good to be worth that much. I did throw an extra $10 for Hux but...eh I don't like it  how toy industries these days makes some of their things limited, leaving us no choice but to shop in ebay to pay 20 dollars more. 

9 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

houses, they're getting so expensive that people can't realistically own one, and that's BS

Tell me about it. I can't even afford to get my own place

Internet (in Cuba)

Houses (Not here)

Cars

Tv's washing machine's and the like.

Cellphones and computers

Some food

Traveling abroad.

And I could name lots of other things that are really expensive over here

• Brohoof 1

Insurance is very expensive. You literally get nothing, unless, you have a disaster. But...I'm still glad I had it for a couple of situations.

Education.

rebuttals:

Health Insurance - you don't need doctors for health. You only need them for emergencies. To fix costs, become more independent and learn how to take care of yourself. I don't have health insurance and I never will. I pay $50 a month for my health - chiropractor and supplements and books. I refuse to burden other people by overusing chemicals and medical doctor services, and I do believe the medical business is very corrupt...all of it.

Phones - They're already made by slave labor...realistically, they should be $1000 or more. You don't need a smart phone, that's a luxury!

Housing - Real Estate is high because demand is high because our population is growing rapidly from illegal immigration. Illegal immigration places very serious stress on all our resources because it forces communities to take on more people than it has organically grown to handle (cities grow with natural population growth, importing people who haven't contributed to the growth but use their benefits and infrastructure makes costs and taxes blow up). Half of US annual growth rate is from immigration.

• Brohoof 1

Housing: I got a taste of this last year when I was looking to buy a rural home. The prices were ridiculous and homeowners weren't budging a cent! Ended up scoring a good deal on land (50 acres) tho. I plan to build a house on it.