Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's one mistake you keep repeating?

Reecejackox

I make promises that I'll never keep. Each time I let others and myself down yet I still continue to fool myself. And everytime, I promise myself to never make promises ever again. Ironically foolish.

Here's a cpuple of them:

• Succumbing to my anxiety. It's caused my life to stagnate to the point that it in that context, like so many others, my anxiety self-perpetuates.
  • Procrastinating everything. I don't think I'll ever fix my habit of just starting on things too late. I mean I'm 22 and still never had a job, what does that say?
Edited by Angel_Dust

Falling back into this mentality where I think I'm so different from everyone else that I deserve to suffer, like that it's naive to expect differently or to assume good things can happen to me. Just this stupid victim mentality despite the fact how much better my life is now and how I rationally know it isn't logical and stupid to think that, but it happens again and again. 

Edited by Guest

Oh, and not seeking professional help for my mental health issues despite it being the first thing I advice to everyone and knowing it could really help me.

Why? Because I'm scared, because the ONE time I tried after many years of issues my doctor back then was a total b*tch and kept interrupting me and telling me I can't be clinically depressed (which I didn't even request transferral for) "because I had a roommate". When I broke down crying they just tested my blood for pesky hormonal issues, even though my hormones never were an issue the last 100 times they checked. So my girlfriend had to get me SNRI from some shady place because I just kept getting worse and didn't budge to get help anymore. They did their magic amazingly, btw, but here I am still not getting help for myself which could resolve the rest of the issues I have because I keep being so cripplingly scared of rejection like that again. :ButtercupLaugh:

I'm kinda stupid. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

Eating just that one last biscuit when you know that you've eaten more than enough. Then laying there in bed feeling like you're going to barf.

As for me, most of my life consists of mistakes, usually ones I don't even realize I am making in the moment then I feel either bad or stupid about it later. Like getting worked up in a conversation which makes me say stupid things. When the anxiety and emotions both erupt at the same time, it isn't healthy in a verbal sense. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...