Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you don't get why they are popular?

Reecejackox

Modern country music. I'll never understand why people love it. Most of it seems so bankrupt on a creative level with samey chords and bland instrumentation but even worse is the fake "we are simple country folk" thing these musicians push all while they rake in the millions.

• Brohoof 6

Electronic music. People can like whatever they want, but I just don't get it. One shift at work I had to suffer through a whole shift where they were playing modern electronic pop and it was so bad. It's bad enough that the voices are autotuned (like that's where you lose me) but even beyond that they do strange effects with it which just don't sound good at all. And then whatever kind of electronic sounds they're using for the background instruments are just really obnoxious and I hate to sound like my grandma here, but to me it just sounds like noise.

• Brohoof 3

Anything Korean/Japanese. Ranging from song artist, food and dramas.

Crack videos. I've watched one and just din't get it. Why do people watch it. I mean it should be popular since there is a ton with a ton of views. I don't even understand the point of it.

Rap music

its just so repetitive all of it sounds the same it’s just the same beat over and over with some dude saying he’s cool I like songs with melody and such

2 hours ago, WWolf said:

Mayor Mike Bloomberg :maud: .

Hey middle class kid worked his way through college and zikskaksnwkdnx

• Brohoof 2

I have no idea why K-Pop got as big as it did in such a short amount of time.

I do get it to an extent, people love boy bands and girl bands with talent and good looks, hence The Beatles in the 60s; but the K-Pop explosion seems kinda.. unnaturally sudden to me? Maybe there's something I missed. I remember Psy and SNSD (Girls Generation) taking off a few years ago but now there's all these new names I don't know and I see them everywhere, changing by the day almost. It's kinda crazy.

(This isn't a hate post, don't misunderstand!)

• Brohoof 1

These half shaved, half long, half dyed hair styles. I remember Skrillex being a stand out, and a bunch of girls dying their hair that dark red, followed by purple tips back in the day. Then hipsters became a big thing with fanciful beards and man buns, the gamers all adopted a color, and I wasn't too surprised to see people follow along, but then some of the most insane combinations have come along, and they'd put those seen in the Hunger Games to shame.

Japanimations. I personally enjoyed Battle Angel Alita, but I am less sure about the genre as a whole. When I do come across it, it seems that 95% of the time the characters are in highschool and perhaps there is something about them having magical powers or something and it all ends up looking the same to me. And there are the female characters that go KAWAAAAII DESU ONII-CHAN SENPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIII~~~!!!<3<3<3<3!%#446$%6 with very high-pitched voices and generally very cutesy that it strikes me as very irritating  (exaggerating of course... though I think only slightly).

Pepe the Frog meme. I knew it originally as Feels Bad Man. Though it was/is often used by those I would consider to have similar political views as I do, I never understood its appeal or what the joke was in the first place.

Logan and Jake Paul and other Youtubers like them. While they are often criticized and are looked down-upon, they still have millions of fans who must genuinely enjoy their content.

Edit: Mukbangs.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 4

Minecraft. I know, I know, I'm sorry. I think I get a little of the appeal, being able to use your creativity and such, but I've just never been able to relate.

Probably because something about the graphics (probably the fact that it's in first person and the world is made completely of very pixelated boxes) makes my eyes start to hurt after a few minutes and gives me a bad headache within a half an hour. More power to those who like it, but I will never understand. :yeahno:

• Brohoof 1

Tiktok (the app)

Going to the movies (ONLY because it’s so incredibly expensive! Why not plan a cool evening at home with your friends or go to a chill diner?)

Many popular youtubers. So staged and scripted that it’s cringey. But hey, if you like that stuff, go for it!

Edited by CoconutCake

Apple devices.
Camping in front of a shop or cinema on release day - it's not like the phones etc will be sold out and you won't be able to get one.
Pre-ordering games - it's even worse than with the previous one as you can buy the game on release day and don't have to wait until they restock.
MMO games - I just don't get the appeal.
Facebook - same, I don't get the appeal of it.
Cell phones with touch screens.
Earbuds - I can't use them for longer than a few minutes.
Getting really into it when watching sports (to the point of fist fights between fans of different teams).
Taking photos of food before eating.

Edited by Pentium100
added one
  • Brohoof 2

I'm going to say at least 90% of modern music. Nothing against the people who enjoy it, but I do not like most of the stuff which gets put out nowadays.

• Brohoof 5

Shield Hero.... I feel like a crazy person because everyone seems to love that shit fest (dont @ me lol)