Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What were you made fun of for in school?

Reecejackox

I was bullied in elementary and secondary school, because I was a quiet and weak person, and why should not bully me than. This had made my 10-18 years a hell, and would never want to go back to that age...

• Brohoof 1

I was made fun of for simply being different than everyone else. Also for having acne, which I still have because I don't use my anti-acne treatments as often as I should. Pretty much was relegated to the nerd/otaku/LGBT table (Yep, in small town Texas, that's all at one lunch table).

Edited by Angel_Dust

Being a reclusive loner, which only reinforced their teasing of me. I was even called gay in the boys locker room when someone sprayed deodorant on me, which didnt make sense, but it really made me want to smash each of their faces into the lockers in a violent rage. 

I was then bullied at work once. I worked at the backroom as a stock boy with other stock boys. They kept on insulting me because i was the only Asian one there (they were all black). They finally stopped after they tried to push me and i rammed one of them over to a wall. The other three backed off of me. Mind you, these three guys were at LEAST a foot taller than me and they backed off when i retaliated. A manager even witnessed the events unfolding and nodded at the other guys picking on me and talked to me asking if i was okay. I told her no and she asked if i wanted to go home. I sucked it up and said i wanted to finish my shift, i just wanted to be left alone. That’s how i ended up doing on the floor go-backs while those guys got left with emptying three more trucks that night. 

Wait... You said light hearted. I really do see the red mist when I think of my school days. Sorry about that. Let's just make an edit.

The closest thing that I can think of being teased about was my Cheshire cat-like grin whenever I was up to something.

Edited by Treeglow Flicker
  • Brohoof 1

I was homeschooled, but I was still made fun of by some other homeschoolers during meets and what not for “being too quiet” or “being too shy”. That was the only thing, really. Nowadays I’m made fun of for being “country” or “redneck” because apparently everyone (or every girl my age) in this city isn’t. 

In private school, it was just about everything.

I had (and still do) have low muscle tendencies. And when I was little, it was really bad. I had to take physical therapy to build up my strength.

Anyway, our teacher in 3rd or 4th was doing something involving a fun creative writing lesson. But my muscles were so weak, that just sitting up made me feel exhausted. I ended up falling asleep in the classroom. When I woke up, I heard some students teasing me and another girl ask if I was dead.

I was also made fun of for this eye issue I had (which I later had surgery to fix) and basically everything else. How clumsy I was, how stupid, how forgetful, etc.

I didn't have any friends until I transferred to public school.

And god bless did that transfer save my life. 

Edited by Emerald Heart
  • Brohoof 1

I never experiences being "made fun of" since I'm the kid people just ignore. I only have people talking about me due to the rep I made for myself. But I do have people called me "goth" for wearing black all the time and not socializing. 

Which it's fine since it's one of the reason why people left me be. :nom:

• Brohoof 1

The better question is what didn't I get made fun of for? Everything people saw, they blasted me with it. And that lasted all way until I moved to a new school district in the very late 90s. Ten years-ish of bullying. Absolute hell.

I was made fun of for everything and I still don't understand why. Luckily, that was only really an issue during primary/elementary school. I didn't have too many issues after that.

When I was kid in school, I was often made fun of for things that weren't true, oddly enough.
Some kids said I stink, which wasn't true since I bathed every day and never got into any kind of heavy sports or anything.
Some kids called me retarded, which isn't true. I have no mental disabilities or problems.
Some kids thought I was stuck-up. Again, not true, I just didn't want to hang out with the jerks (and there was a lot of them).

But what hurt more than the insults was treating me like I wasn't wanted or appreciated, being treated like no one cared, as if my existence was somehow a burden. That REALLY didn't help my development growing up...

I mean, I got better! :adorkable: But I still went through hell first.

There was some famous song that had my name it it that rhymed, and people even in kindergarten loved to make fun of me singing it, with different evil endings. I didn't care much, or said "Really?" much later in life.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

The top of the thread says light hearted but being made fun of isn't light hearted at all. :wacko: Especially for things that are entirely out of your control.

Let's see...When I was quite young some kid's made fun of my head. I have hydrocephalus, which can result in both a multitude of mental problems and head enlargement. Back then, my head was a bit bigger than the average kid so as they do, boom, they made fun of me for that. Luckily it really isn't noticeable now. Still didn't feel good back then.

I also have a thing where I tend to rock back and forth passively when I am sitting down. If I am not doing that then I am usually fidgeting in some other way, but rocking tends to be it, often without me even realizing I'm doing it. That has never changed. So that would happen in class back then and surprise surprise, I was made fun of for that too.

And of course there's simply my general quirks, awkwardness, nervous ticks. Of course this kind of pathetic ridicule isn't exclusive to kids. If any of this is in public even now people always have to dart their eyes towards me like I am some museum display.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if it was one particular thing or just my personality in general. Mostly I didn't hang out with the popular crowd and stuck to my own small group of equally unpopular friends. Maybe that's why I was considered 'unworthy'. :laugh: 

I don't know, it was all so stupid. But once I started home-schooling all that nonsense was left far behind. 

• 3 weeks later...

My tiny body and my quietness. People only made fun of my body in gym which was extra embarrassing (why were they staring at me anyways? I wasn’t staring at them).

I was real quiet for a while too cause I was in a new school and I was really confused. Thankfully I grew out of that phase.

• Brohoof 2