Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What were you made fun of for in school?

Reecejackox

When I got my glasses in 3rd grade, some people started picking on me, with the usual "foureyes" chanting, but i only replied with "Really?" and they were silent after that.

• Brohoof 2

I changed 3 schools and never been heavily bullied. And after reading posts here, as a very shy guy I'm really grateful to my fate.

However I was "bullied" two times. First time it was in primary school, I was a bit fat back then and one of my friends said as a joke that he could see my "boobs". I took it to heart and tried to hide my extra weight by developing very awkward gait (moved my shoulders forward and lowered them, so I looked like a tired cartoon character)

Second time happened in high school, one of senior high schoolers walked to me during a break and put his head on my shoulder (not in romantic way, plus he was taller than me) and said something like "I'm a robot, I'm going to connect to you", but I just ignored him. After about a minute he asked me if I took a shower and said that I stank (but I didn't:sealed:). After this he called me stinky a couple times in school and texted me the same in social media, but that's it

• Brohoof 1

56 minutes ago, Cagey said:

My strange personality. :awwthanks:

But you have a wonderful personality! How could they :worry: School children can be evil!

• Brohoof 1

I was never made fun of to my face. However, I hear through other students that negative things were being said about me. I was teased for having bad skin (acne/breakouts) and also for not styling my hair. I sorta left it natural, which was super wavy and messy looking. 

I was bullied incessantly for having long hair just because I was male.  I was also made fun of for wearing any shirt with a pattern or picture on it.  Didn't matter what it was.  I wore a Star Wars shirt--bullies pointed and laughed and because I was a nerd.  I wore a tie dye shirt--they pointed and laughed because... I don't know... colors?  I wore a shirt with a rattlesnake on it--they pointed and laughed because it was a rattlesnake.  Bullies like that are the epitome of pathetic mindlessness.  They don't actually have any opinion on what they're making fun of.  They just have to pick on others and laugh at them because it's what they do.  It's their bread and butter.  It's how they get their freak on.

I cut my hair and wore solid blacks, grays, and drab earth tones, and the bullying stopped.  Once I was sufficiently invisible, they couldn't find anything to laugh at.  But I showed 'em; as an adult I grew my hair super long and I dress like a Final Fantasy character.  They didn't stop me from being me.

• Brohoof 1

On 2/27/2020 at 1:01 AM, Cash In said:

Anything people could find really. Eventually, I had enough of it and scared the people who did it into stopping. Whether I did the right thing or not is debatable, but it worked. They never bothered me again.

Hell no you didn't do the wrong thing! We need to teach kids TOO fight back as I truly believe in my heart of hearts it's the only way this is ever going to end!

On 2/25/2020 at 9:03 PM, Lucky Bolt said:

I was homeschooled, but I was still made fun of by some other homeschoolers during meets and what not for “being too quiet” or “being too shy”. That was the only thing, really. Nowadays I’m made fun of for being “country” or “redneck” because apparently everyone (or every girl my age) in this city isn’t. 

Well fuck em! You be you it's like "how dare you be able wrench on your own truck" 

Hmmm well I have bushy eyebrows so peeps made fun of those. Called them caterpillars. Acne on my back/chest in middle school.

Back when I was in elementary they changed my last name to have the word “tits” in then cuz I was fat. 

My voice got very deep in middle school and deeper through high school so peeps made fun of that XD 

Edited by Misscellanio

10 hours ago, PoisonClaw said:

Also got made fun of for my last name. Yes, really.

Same here. My last name may take the cake because it’s so tricky to pronounce.

On 4/9/2020 at 3:51 AM, Justin_Case001 said:

I was bullied incessantly for having long hair just because I was male.  I was also made fun of for wearing any shirt with a pattern or picture on it.  Didn't matter what it was.  I wore a Star Wars shirt--bullies pointed and laughed and because I was a nerd.  I wore a tie dye shirt--they pointed and laughed because... I don't know... colors?  I wore a shirt with a rattlesnake on it--they pointed and laughed because it was a rattlesnake.  Bullies like that are the epitome of pathetic mindlessness.  They don't actually have any opinion on what they're making fun of.  They just have to pick on others and laugh at them because it's what they do.  It's their bread and butter.  It's how they get their freak on.

I cut my hair and wore solid blacks, grays, and drab earth tones, and the bullying stopped.  Once I was sufficiently invisible, they couldn't find anything to laugh at.  But I showed 'em; as an adult I grew my hair super long and I dress like a Final Fantasy character.  They didn't stop me from being me.

I've been there with the hair. It's really unfair. 

Lol

But seriously long hair ftw! People are always telling me to cut my hair but it's not their place to say so. I'll never cut my hair unless it becomes medically necessary. My hair symbolizes my integrity, my divergence, my health, and my life path. I won't compromise myself because someone doesn't like the way i look.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I believe people were intimidated by me mostly they would try to at least make fun of me for being quiet and not talking. Though they misunderstood, the fact is I'm an introvert and I feel no need to talk to people especially not those who are not friendly. 

• Brohoof 1

I was usually ignored at school. 

When I ever was made fun of it was usually for being quiet or shy. 

Sometimes my height as well.  It wasn’t uncommon for me to be the shortest in class or close to it. 

Edited by AppleButt
  • Brohoof 1

I can't believe I forgot about this! Most people made fun of me for wearing glasses. Calling me four-eyes and such. Since this was back in elementary, I'd tell anyone who called me four-eyes, that my glasses is like a x-ray so I can see everything. That got em' scared.:ButtercupLaugh:

I was made fun of for social awkwardness and anxiety, glasses, nerdy interests, and being short. I was called a loser because my friends were the nerds, band kids, weebs, emos, and gay kids. :wacko:

I was made fun of a lot in school because of my anxiety and social awkwardness as well. It didn't help that they tried to take advantage of it but it didn't work out in the end.

Sometimes kids in my high school would pick on me for being fat. I don't even think I'm very fat at all, I mean, I'm maybe a little husky but I'm definitely not fat. It still hurt though walking into my classes and the first thing that came out of some of the kids mouths was snide remarks about my weight. :(

I didn't really have any friends in high school, so I often sat alone at empty lunch tables. I always made sure to bring a book to read during lunch though, so sitting alone didn't bother me as much as it could have. >_>

• Brohoof 2