Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine

The earth pony glanced at Samurai “I have an injured pegasus here!” she moved aside to show Shadow covered in multiple makeshift bandages made from a curtain. The wound not covered up is the arrow lodged into her side, “She needs help, not me!"

• Brohoof 3

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash @Ragland Tiger

Pencil chuckled as she realized Chelsea’s larger size was purely for humor. She didn’t understand it completely, but she did think it was sweet of the griffons to lighten the mood a bit. Although it was hard to feel any sort of good feelings being surrounded by debris for miles, she knew it was better to be optimistic than to mourn about things they actually had the ability to fix.

Samurai had noticed her, prompting Pencil to start a conversation with him. However, before she could get a word out, the group was tasked with helping out the town. Pencil figured she should help with something, too. She waved before she went off in her own direction to find ponies that needed assistance.

Amidst the rubble was none other than Elusive and her camera crew. Pencil was shocked but relieved to see them. She was about to ask if they needed any help, but they seemed to be fine for the moment.

Well, if they’re not too busy, I do have some questions for them she thought.

She trotted up to Elusive until she felt she was able to get her attention. She took a couple of moments to compose her thoughts before she began asking questions.

“Hey, Elusive, do you know if any ponies were at the museum before everything happened? If so, uh, do you happen to remember where the museum was located? I want to help any ponies that might be stuck there, but with the lack of landmarks we have now, I can’t remember which way the museum was,” she asked, making it a point to be completely honest so she could get all of the information she needed.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @Windy Breeze

Listening to the plan, Dynamo nodded as he knew the objective was clear. "Okay and thanks for letting me know, Sam. This form allows me to use some extra muscle if we need to move some debris. The only problem is that I can't use as much power due to the drawback." He explained, knowing full well of the risks. "If there's any kind of thing we need, then I might be able to turn into something with that could fit the situation." He would say, before turning his attention to Elusive Facts, who looked to be wanting to do an interview. With everything that had happened, he wasn't sure if an interview was a good time. He was about to answer, before hearing the sound of an earth pony calling out for help. "S-Sorry about that, Elusive. If it's okay, then can I give an interview later? Pencil seems like a good candidate, in my opinion." He gave Pencil an apologetic look, before rushing over towards the earth pony.

As he rushed over, he managed to hear that the earth pony didn't need any help, but an injured pegasus did. Looking down at the injured, he noticed the makeshift bandages, as well as an arrow lodged in the side. As he got a better look, he soon realized that the pegasus was Shadow. "Oh, no. Shadow!" He exclaimed, before continuing. "Are you okay, Shadow? What happened?" He knew it was probably a bad question as he knew that she and others were attacked. However, he still wanted to assess the situation in order to find the best way to help.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine

“I didn't know how she got the arrow but some large bear threw her around like a ragdoll when I found her” the earth pony told him, “I'm able to make bandages out of curtains to stop the bleeding, but I have no idea what to do with the arrow!

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @Windy Breeze

Dynamo nodded as he listened to the earth pony's recollection. "Thank you for telling me and good call. The curtains helped in stopping the bleeding for the meantime, but she'll need to be looked at in the hospital. I remember seeing those giant bear...bee things. I think they're called bugbears?" He shrugged his shoulders, not knowing the answer. At the same time, he knew it was probably not relevant as he turned his attention to the arrow. "One thing we shouldn't do is pull the arrow out. That thing is keeping her from bleeding. If we take out now or it moves as we help her, then it'll only be worse." He explained, thinking of a way to keep her stable. He could always switch to Half-Cold, Half-Hot, as a way to stop the arrow from moving. However, he doubted his flames could close an open wound, as well as changing forms now would take up too much magic. He closed his eyes, while pinching the bridge of his nose with his front left hoof to try and think. A moment had passed as a thought crossed his mind. "Maybe that could work, but I'm not sure..." He muttered, his front left hoof falling to his side as he opened his eyes. Looking over at Shadow, he knew that there were no maybe's. He just had to try. Looking over at the earth pony, he knew what he needed to do. "Excuse me? I don't know your name, but I really need your help. I need you to hold Shadow steady so she doesn't move, okay? I'll handle the rest."

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine

The earth pony listened to Dynamo, every words from his explanation entering her ear without going out of the other side. She would nod occasionally while staring at the arrow. Her thoughts were confirmed and she was glad she decided not to take out the arrow. Hearing he wanted to know her name as he told her to hold Shadow, she gave him an answer all while holding Shadow to the ground “I'm Aquilegia, just some average florist” however, Samurai would not recognize her.

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 3

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @Windy Breeze @PawelS @Ragland Tiger

Chelsea looked around. Her ear twitched when she heard some sobbing nearby. She followed the sound, which led her to a mare, who sadly had a broken leg and couldn't get up. Chelsea gently picked up the mare without agitating the broken leg and let out a slow flow of healing water. The broken leg healed up slowly. Chelsea carried the mare over to the group. The mare was very grateful. "I found this mare with a broken leg and healed her. I don't know if she has a family..." Chelsea said. "M-my...my foals...wh-wh-where are they?" She asked softly, looking at Chelsea. "When was the last time you saw them?" Chelsea asked still holding the mare close. "C-Close to the m-museum." The mare stated. "Pencil, would you wanna head to the museum area with me. This mare has lost her foals..." Chelsea stated. 

@Windy Breeze @Samurai Equine

Upon hearing that the earth pony mare's name was Aquilegia, Dynamo nodded as Shadow was held to the ground. "Okay and thank you for your help, Aquilegia. Also, don't say that about yourself. No matter what, any and all help will matter in the long run." He explained, slowly leaning down as he placed his horn near the arrow. "I don't know if you can hear me, but everything will be okay, Shadow. This might hurt or sting a little, but just try and stay still." He would say, before his eyes quickly glanced up at the earth pony mare. "Try to keep her steady and make sure she doesn't struggle, Aquilegia. Any movements from Shadow might have some repercussions." Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes as he began to concentrate. His horn began to glow, before he tried to think of a cold sensation. A moment had passed, before he knew he was ready. "Freeze." He simply and silently uttered, before a steady stream of ice had been launched from his horn. The stream of ice had hit Shadow's fur, while encasing the side of her skin with ice. All the while, keeping the arrow in place. as well as said arrow was being covered with ice. When he knew he had done enough, he allowed the spell to dissipate as he stood back up. "There we go. That should do." He says, looking as Shadow had a bit of ice on her fur. "That should keep Shadow stable, until she can get to the hospital. That ice won't last for long, but it'll be enough so the arrow won't move around when she's being transported."

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

Pencil turned to Chelsea, who was trying to help a worried mother locate her foals. She said they were at the museum. Pencil walked over to Chelsea and the mare before she replied.

“Sure, yeah, of course I’ll help! You might have to take us there cause I forgot where the museum was,” she exclaimed to Chelsea. “What do they look like, ma’am? That would help in locating them better,” she asked the mother.

@Samurai Equine

Not wanting to abandon Elusive but realizing a more important task needed to be done, she trotted over to her quickly and said,

“Sorry, I gotta go help Chelsea real quick. I’ll be back, I promise!”

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

“Thank you, ma’am, that’s very helpful,” she told the mare.

She walked with Chelsea and the mare with Andal not too far behind. She looked around for any indicators of a destroyed museum, but found it hard to decipher one building from another. She supposed she would figure out which building the museum was once they got closer to it.

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

Gasp! Wow, it’s been completely restored!” Pencil exclaimed.

She was certain that most of the art was gone, but it was good to have the building back. She just hoped nothing happened to the foals before or during the restoration. Depending on where they were in or around the building, they could’ve been affected or even hurt some way. Pencil tried to put this worry out of her head and instead tried to focus on just finding the foals. The damage assessment would have to come later, if it came to that.

Chelsea wandered over to a nearby hole in search of the twins. Pencil followed her to help look. She peered her neck inside to see how deep the hole was. She held on to the outside so she wouldn’t fall in herself in the process.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

Chelsea looked down in the hole. Her ears twitched as she heard some whimpering. Right before her eyes were the two foals cuddled tightly together, looking up at her whimpering. "Awww, don't be scared little ones." She said as she gently picked up the foals out of the hole. They quivered in Chelsea's hold. Chelsea turned to to the mare with the foals. The two foals jumped out of Chelsea's arms and hugged their mom close. "Mommy we missed you!" One said starting to sob. "It's okay my foals. Mommy's here now. This kind griffon helped me and her friend helped as well." The mare said to the two foals. 

@C. Thunder Dash

Pencil was both glad and relieved that the twin foals were reunited with their mother. She couldn’t help but smile at how cute the twins were, seeing how little they were. She was glad they were safe, but she knew others might not be if they didn’t look for them soon.

“Do you think anypony else out here could be missing?” she asked Chelsea.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

@Samurai Equine  @C. Thunder Dash

While helping clear debris and getting others to safety,  Bluebell heard the tiniest cry from a pile of rubble.  She looked between the hunks of masonry, and there, deep underneath there was a young colt pinned under a piece concrete.  "I-I-I-I'm coming, h-h-hang on," she said.  She carefully crawled in to the rubble to get to him.  she dared not use magic to try blast him free. it would just make matters worse.  "H-hold still-still, sweetheart. I'll g-g-get you out of th-this."  No sooner had she said that than the pile began to collapse.  She instinctively cast shield spell to keep the rubble from falling in on them.  Her pendant abruptly lit up.  "D-Dyanmo!" ,she called out. "Any-anypony, Help!"

@Ragland Tiger @Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare

Thundy grunted. He pulled an instant transmission right where Bluebelle was and lifted the rubble all the way out. The foal whom Bluebelle was trying to find was in a hole beneath the rubble. "Ugh....Chelsea! Gimme a hand!" Thundy called out. 

Meanwhile, Chelsea's ear twitched. She quickly picked up Pencil. "Hold on tight Pencil, we gotta see what's up with Thundy." She said as she morphed into a fast river of water, flowing quickly to Thundy's location. She reformed back to her anthro form and put Pencil down. Andal ran after. "Grr, hold these pieces of rubble in your magic. I can't restore this building until Bluebelle and I rescue a foal that's down under." Thundy stated. "Got it!" Chelsea stated as she hovered into the air, holding the large pieces of rubble in her water magic. Thundy quickly flew down, "Alright Bluebell, you should be clear to get that foal out." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad@Windy Breeze

Samurai was about to take things over, but Dynamo decided to tend to Shadow instead. "Thank you, Dynamo. I think your ice was probably more effective than using my fire to cauterize the wounds. But we need to get her to a hospital. Good thing they all seem to be in one piece." Samurai takes Shadow in his hooves and zips off, taking her to the nearest hospital and letting a nurse take care of her.

@C. Thunder Dash, @Ragland Tiger

Just as soon he leaves the hospital, Samurai sees Thundy and Chelsea helping Bluebell out. "Allow me!" Once he gets close enough, Samurai begins to quickly rebuild a good portion of the collapsed structure. His method is a little bit slow, but his fire magic can weld things back together. At the very least, he is able to get the larger parts of the debris out of the way.

@ExplosionMare

"Hey! Wait a second!!" Elusive Facts waves at Pencil, but it's too late. She left with Chelsea. "Fine. Nevermind then... This is too important. We have to get the word out. Are we rolling?" She asks her camera crew before getting her mic. "This is Elusive Facts with Friendshire News. I'm not even sure if we're broadcasting right now because some of our equipment was partially damaged in the scrummage. If anypony can hear this transmission... The war is over! I repreat, the war is over! Just as fast as they came, the enemy forces invading Friendshire have left completely. We were protected this day by brave guardians who rose to fight back. I don't have any of them to interview, but all eye-witness reports confirm that all enemy forces have been driven away. Friendshire is safe once more. As I report, I can clearly see this town's heroes doing their part to rebuild and help any lost or injured citizens."

But Elusive's broadcast DOES get through! For seconds later, Jon Surplus opens up his underground bunker. Not only do survivors come pouring out, but they help out as well, nearly tripling the efforts to save and rebuild the town!

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Ragland Tiger

"Alright! Now with extra hands, Bluebelle will surely rescue the little foal in no time." Thundy stated as Chelsea continued to hold the structure as Samurai reformed it. "I think you should get the foal Bluebelle. In my SSJ3 form I could be pretty scary looking for a foal." Thundy stated.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

"H-he seems to be stuck between t-two pieces of concrete, I'm-I'm going to try and c-cut a bigger hole," Bluebell called back.  She turned to the colt.   "St-tay awake sweetie w-we've almost got you out.  Just hold on." Her horn began to glow and started magically chipping away at the concrete blocks.

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo smiled as he nodded in agreement. "You're welcome, Samurai. I had the same thought, but I wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do. It would only cause the wound to fester and not heal properly. That, or it could just make it worse. Ice helps to keep the wound stable so the doctors can get a better look at it." While he wasn't a doctor, Dynamo felt that was the best course of action. The blue unicorn waved as he watched Samurai pick up Shadow, before zipping off towards the hospital.  He was about to thank Aquilegia once more, but stopped as he heard Bluebell call out to him. He could feel his pendant beginning to glow as it felt as if she needed help. "I'm sorry, but duty calls. Thanks for the help Aquilegia and I really appreciate it." He says, quickly rushing over to see Thundy and Chelsea, who were holding the large pieces of rubble open. 

"I'm sorry about that, you guys. I had to help close up a wound, but I'm here to help." He explained, getting the quick rundown that a colt was trapped in some rubble. "Even with all of that, it's still not going to hold. We need to get him out right now." He says, getting a better look of their surroundings. As he stayed at the entrance, Dynamo watched as Thundy and Bluebell were helping to free the trapped colt. 'If we have too many down there, then any collapse might have others caught in the falling debris. There has to be something that I can do.' He thought, before an idea came to mind. "Hey, guys! I can help lighten the load and help you guys get out." He would say, turning off One For All, before turning back into his Half-Cold, Half-Hot form. Making his way down the the others, he stepped forward as chunks of ice sprang up from the ground. The ice expanded, while keeping the area around them stable. "There we go. That should lighten the load for you, Thundy. Now for the second step." He would say, quickly turning back to his One For All form. "I have a way to bring all three of you out." He held his two front hooves out, before a dark substance flew out. Effectively wrapping around and attaching to Bluebell, Thundy and the colt. "I know this might look strange, but trust me. This is something this character can use called Black Whip. A dark whip-like energy that can be used to contain an enemy, or to help swing around for travel. When you're done freeing the colt, then I'll quickly pull you guys out. Just let me know as soon as your ready for extraction." He explained, quickly making it out of the debris, but close enough to pull them out.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine

"That looks a little scary Dynamo, you may want to put that away. I can get out myself." Thundy stated as he squirmed, eventually getting himself out of the grasp of the thing from Dynamo that grabbed him. "Thanks anyway." He added. Meanwhile Chelsea was still holding up the rubble.

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad

Aquilegia really did a good job of restraining Shadow. She's only switching from limb to limb even before said limbs could twitch from the sudden sharp drop of the temparature. Shadow's eyes crunched and her lips parted a little to reveal teeth, but her expression softened when Dynamo finished his ice casting. She stayed unconscious, oblivious to what is happening in the consciouss, only knowing the town is safe.

For Aquilegia, she felt relief. Her follower is going to be saved. She just needs to make sure Shadow will most likely recover.

• Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @C. Thunder Dash @Samurai Equine

Dynamo's expression faltered as he heard Thundy's remark. 'S-Scary? T-This shouldn't be scary...right?' He began to think as he remembered that Black Whip was used to help in travel, capture or rescue. There didn't seem to be anything scary about it. Sure, the color of the whip seemed odd as it was a dark energy like substance. However, it wasn't dark magic of any sort. He just had to not feel upset or angry as negative emotions would cause the ability to fail or go haywire. He took a deep breath and nodded. He was still upset, but he had to stay focused. "Okay and I'd say it's better to be safe than sorry." He would say, looking over towards Bluebell and the colt. "Hey, Bluebell? If you're okay with me using this, then let me know. If so, then just let me know when you're ready and I'll pull you both up."

• Brohoof 1