Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash @Ragland Tiger @Dynamo Pad @GeneralDirection 

As the group was ushered inside, Pencil opted to sit next to Thundy and Chelsea. They were the only ones who still had seats beside them and she knew that they always had interesting stories to tell. Pencil listened casually as they spoke to Samurai about their powers and everything they had done while he was gone. Dynamo spoke as well about his own stories and how he had possessed a great deal of magic in the game world. Pencil thought to share of her own experiences, being one of the few on the scavenger team.

“I didn’t fight any bosses until we got to the final two. Most of the time, I helped collect things for everyone that actually wanted to fight. We went through a whole bunch of mini games, I remember. I remember that in one of them, we had to fight a whole bunch of enemies in the air! I was with Trilby, Shadow, Silver, and Elusive. I think that was everyone, but I can’t remember. I wanna say Chelsea was there, too, but I could be wrong. A-anyways, I learned to make a whole buncha cool creatures that could fight, shoot lasers, and just about do everything, really! Everyone liked the creatures I made that could fly, that made level-hopping a lot easier. Ooh, there was also this one game I played with Silver where we had to stack a ton of blocks! It took a lot of hard work and item-collecting, but we eventually won,” she recounted, hardly stopping to take a breath. She would’ve gone on, but Thundy and Chelsea really wanted to display their powers outside. Pencil took a moment outside then headed out the door with the others.

Samurai had asked for drink requests as soon as they stepped out. Pencil was surprised nopony had asked for anything, so she went ahead and put her own request in.

“Do you have any fruit punch, by chance? If not, I’ll think of something else,” she asked.

As she watched the display, she oohed and aahed, then gave the griffons a supportive clap. She always thought their magic was cool, even if she didn’t understand it. It was interesting to see how much they had learned and how much they had gathered from video games as well.

Pencil looked over to Bluebell and noticed she was wearing a very elegant hat. It reminded her of something somepony would wear to a fancy event. She turned to her and gave her input on it.

“I like your hat, Bluebell. It’s very fancy!” she complimented.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@ExplosionMare, @Ragland Tiger, @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @GeneralDirection

Funny Pencil should mention that, for soon, drinks were being served! Pencil gets what she asked for, fruit punch. For everyone else, there's tea, water, or soda if they want it. The kuroko are serving the drinks, so nothing is off limits.

"Hmm..." Samurai thinks about what Thundy asked. "The cards have changed names over here in the west. I'm more familiar with their Japonies names, so forgive me if I get them wrong... I would this one spell card that has 3 swords on it.... What's it called? Swords of Sealing Light? I know there's a samurai-themed card called Masaki the Legendary Swordsmane; but I'd take any samurai-themed cards. And I know it's rare, but there is this one dragon card I'd like to own... What is it's western name? We usually call it Osiris the Heaven Dragon." Samurai explains.

"Apploosa? Is that one of those Western locations I've heard about, with cowboy ponies and such? I'd love to visit there some day." Samurai says.

He waits and listens intently. He really wants to share his own stories of what he's been up to lately, but he doesn't want to rudely interrupt anyone else's stories. He'll wait his turn.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo blinked, before tilting his head at the male griffon. "How did you know about the Game Code? I didn't really mention anything about it, but I was a bit curious on it." He says, wondering if the male griffon had read his mind, or if he was easy to read. "It sounds like it's not as simple as it appears to be. Seems fitting for the title of Game Code." He would say, knowing it more than just numbers to solve said code. As he listened to Pencil, who was retelling her experience with the Game World, Dynamo blinked once more as the kuroko appeared with beverages of all kinds. "I'll take some soda please and thank you." He would say, taking a soda in a levitation spell. Dynamo turned towards Samurai, who had gone and explained some cards he was looking for. "I think I know what those cards are. I remember Masaki and I think Swords of Revealing Light? I know there are other cards that had Swords in the name. Do you know of the shogun or samurai cards? If so, then I remember the Six Samurai archetype." He explained, before smiling at the name Osiris. "Oh, I remember that one. I remember the English name for that card is Slifer the Sky Dragon."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine

“Yeey!” Pencil said, purposefully pronouncing “yay” with an “e” sound to be silly.

She took the fruit punch that was offered to her and began to sip at it. It was, to be quite honest, one of the best fruit punches she had ever had. She sucked it through the straw rather quickly. She had almost drank the entire thing but had to stop to breath. She then drank what was left on the bottom of the cup. When she finished, she turned towards Samurai, eager to hear his stories.

“So what did you do while you were away? You know, besides fight the Snow Leopard?” she asked inquisitively.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine

Dynamo chuckled as he heard Pencil cheer, but he didn't blame her. It was like things hadn't changed since Samurai had returned. As he took a drink of his beverage, he heard Pencil's question to Samurai. Hearing this had peaked his interest. "I was wondering about that too. It's been about three days since you were gone, right, Samurai? Where did you go while you were away? Did you travel back to Japon, or did you stop by some other places first?" He asks, wondering what Samurai's travels were like, as well as what he had been up to as of late.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger

"Slifer the Sky Dragon right? Also, game code is game code no matter what game you're playing, you just have to find a way to connect to it. Thundy stated as he reverted back to his normal self, the Black Luster Soldier card returning to its original state. And as far as drinks go, some apple juice would do." Thundy stated. Chelsea nodded as well. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Samurai Equine said:

"Apploosa? Is that one of those Western locations I've heard about, with cowboy ponies and such? I'd love to visit there some day." Samurai says.

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection

"Well, i-I'd love to take-take all of you with m-m-me the next time I-I visit there.   It wo-would be an honor and a p-privilege," said Bluebell.

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Ragland Tiger

Upon hearing Bluebell mention about bringing him and the others to Applelossa sometime. Dynamo smiled and nodded wholeheartedly. "I would love to go with you and visit Appleloosa again, Bluebell. I remember not getting the chance to explore the town, but I'd love to see what the town has to offer. I think I heard a rumor around town of a buckball stadium was being set up, or something along those lines."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

@ExplosionMare, @Ragland Tiger, @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @GeneralDirection

"Is it called Slifer here? I see... I wonder where that name comes from... But yes, I guess that's the card I'm talking about. Six Samurai? There's other samurai cards?! I'd love to know more about them!" Samurai says, grateful his friends can tell him the western names of these cards and tell him about others he's never heard of.

But eventually, it becomes his turn to speak. "Thank you for asking, Pencil, Dynamo. Well, some of you know the gist of it. Three or four days ago, an origami shinobi appeared in this town while we were doing a cart race. Snow Leopard always employs those ninjas to do his dirty work. If one of them was scouting the area, I knew Snow Leopard wouldn't be far behind. I decided to leave town to look for Snow Leopard. I didn't go home to Japon. I was searching the forests and any clues I could find. Snow Leopard and I have a long history. I thought I could find him on instinct alone, but I was wrong. I could find campsites he was previously at, but Snow Leopard was gone before I could cut him off. And in three days, Snow Leopard manage to find this town before I could stop him."

Samurai takes a sip of his tea before he continues. "It's been a year since Snow Leopard's last attack. I can see why it took him that long. He normally doesn't have that many forces under his belt. He can use dark magic to turn lifeless paper into origami shinobi. However, he also likes to employ freaks of nature, animals that feel cast out of normal society. You saw some in the battle today. Bug bears, chimeras, cragadiles... He seeks them out in their time of need or loneliness, corrupts their mind with dark magical suggestion, and makes them into his pawns. But it's not just society he hates. Mostly, he hates me, because I'm the reason why he became a cyborg." Samurai begins to explain, wondering if they'll want to hear the rest of the backstory.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Samurai Equine @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection @ExplosionMare @C. Thunder Dash

"I'm not entirely sure where the name Slifer comes from, but it's an interesting name. Unless the name Slifer is translated from Osiris." Dynamo responded, shrugging his shoulders as he truly wasn't sure. "I don't know much of the cards, but they are an archetype. I think there was a field spell or spell card that made the Six Samurai cards become a force to be reckoned with." He explained, happy to see Samurai's enthusiasm on the cards that were mentioned. As he took another sip of his beverage, Dynamo's eyes widened as he listened intently to Samurai's story between the history of him and Snow Leopard. "When you mentioned the cart race, I remembered you crashed and were out at about the first lap. Was the reason behind that because of Snow Leopards ninja's?" He asks, hoping he wasn't interrupting the story. He frowned as it seemed Snow Leopard was pretty fast to maneuver around Samurai's advances in finding his adversary. 

As Samurai had finished his tale, Dynamo tried to let what he had heard to sink in. "You said that it's been a year since Snow's last attack. Does that mean he has attacked Friendshire before?" He wondered, eyebrows rising at the mention of using dark magic. "That just sounds like something out of a horror film, or some crazy anime." He mentioned as he frowned at the mention of corrupting animals, creatures and other things that had attacked. "Now that you mention it, the stuff we faced looked more menacing and empty. Almost like that had no life in their eyes and just seemed cold." He says, remembering how angry the cragadile hissed as he launched his fire attack at them. Even if it seemed to give him an idea of how to fight, it still seemed like the cragadiles looked hostile. "It just sounds and feels cruel to take advantage of one's loneliness or despair. I do remember you mentioned that he hates you because you turned him into a cyborg. What happened that made him into what we saw today?" He asks, wondering what the rest of the story was like.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 3

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection

"Six Samurai is a full warrior deck. It's a really interesting deck to play. I've played against a Six Samurai deck, but was able to shut it down with my custom deck." Thundy stated. He then heard Samurai tell Dynamo about the Snow Leopard. "That's horrible...all those innocent animals corrupted by that evil scoundrel..." Chelsea said sadly. Since she was working towards being a marine biologist, hearing all the horrible things that the Snow Leopard had done upset her.

• Brohoof 2

Samurai seems pretty interest. "The Six Samurai warrior deck... I may need to investigate that some day. Sounds like it was made for me."

He takes another sip of his tea.

"Oh no, I crashed because Kronos was being way too competitive that day. But don't worry, it's fine." Samurai waves that off before he continues. He doesn't want his friends to get upset at Kronos over nothing. "I haven't lived in Friendshire that long. His last attack was on Japon, his usual target. He only came here because he found out I left Japon to help out this town. It was many years ago... I was just a young samurai, still mastering my many fire-based techniques in Japon. A demon had suddenly risen up to attack the town. It was a 7-bladed wraith! I managed to drive him into the forest, away from Japon. But before I could finish him with a mighty Flaming Slash, the demon shoved Snow Leopard in the way, using him as a shield. He use to be a skinny, regular leopard. The strike injured him badly. I tried to help him. I gave him some prosthetics to get by. However... It wasn't enough. He was ostracized from normal society because of his scary looks. Since then, he has blamed me and all of society for his cruel fate. He's gotten physically stronger and bigger. He's mastered the dark arts. He's reached out to other animals that felt rejected or out of place, building an alliance or a cult. And he's done all of it for the sake of revenge... I've tried to help him MANY times! I wanted to restore his limbs, make his life easier, help him ease into a better life. But for Snow Leopard, all my efforts were too little too late."

Samurai pauses a moment. "Each time I do battle with him, I try to appeal to his better nature. I always assumed there was still good in him. But he showed that the location doesn't matter. Japon or Friendshire; he intends to make everyone suffer. Perhaps he truly does not have any mercy or compassion in his heart after all."

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger 

"Grrr..." Thundy growled, thinking about that last Kamehameha he fired. If he had the chance, now hearing how much suffering Snow Leopard caused, he would've taken the opportunity to end Snow Leopard for good. But after hearing the story, Thundy came to a conclusion. He sighed. "It was the ignorance and judgement of society that caused Snow Leopard to snap and become the monster that he is. If there is someone to blame, it is those who ostracized the Leopard, causing him to snap. Chelsea meanwhile began to sniffle, because it reminded her of how that evil General Iron Hide convinced his "army" that all griffons were pure evil. Chelsea was trying hard to hold back a sob, but let a soft one out, that could be heard by everyone.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection @ExplosionMare @C. Thunder Dash

Hearing that it was due to Kronos being competitive caused Dynamo to breathe a sigh of relief. "That's good to know. I can't blame Kronos as everyone was feeling competitive that day. It was a lot of fun and pretty chaotic." He chuckled as he felt nostalgic, before growing quiet as he continued to listen. His eyes shrank in surprise at the mention of a demon had tried to attack the town. Learning that Snow became the way he was because of the demon pushing him in front of Sam caused Dynamo to frown. He knew it wasn't Samurai's fault, but it still hurt him to know that his friend was being targeted due to one's vengeance. "I'm sorry to hear that Sam and it's not your fault. If anything, then Snow should have been mad at the demon that used him as a shield. I guess you were stuck in your swing and had no way of stopping, so it had to have been an honest mistake." Dynamo explained, feeling somewhat sorry for Snow, who had been ostracized by normal society. "I have to agree with Thundy, but I know I can't say I know what the society in Japon was thinking. I can imagine that you would have accepted him, no matter what, Sam. It's just a shame that he couldn't reach out and take the offer of help and friendship." He says, now knowing more about why Snow used the dark arts to corrupt the other animals. To Dynamo, it reminded him of a pony he had crossed paths before. Although different, it seemed that Snow and the pony had shared a smilier goal. "I just hope that maybe Snow will learn to let that vengeance go, while trying to change. Although, I guess it's easier said than done." He would say, his ears soon perked as he heard the sound of a soft sob. Looking over towards Chelsea, he frowned as he saw that the female griffon looked upset. "Chelsea? Is everything okay? What's wrong?" He asks, a concerned look for the female griffon was present upon his face.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"The memories..." Chelsea said with a broken voice, letting out another sob. She reached out towards Dynamo, just wanting a hug. She was in her anthro form. The memories of that fated day still played in Chelsea's head. It was getting difficult to hold on. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo was momentarily caught off guard in surprise as he was pulled into a hug by Chelsea. He looked around to everyone in worry as he wasn't sure what was happening. However, he looked down as he heard Chelsea mentioning about memories. "W-What memories, Chelsea?" He looked towards Thundy in hopes of an explanation. He was afraid to ask, but he still wanted to be there for his friend.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection

Thundy sighed. "Remember what Chelsea said this morning?" Thundy asked. Chelsea hugged Dynamo just a little tighter, whimpering and sniffling, trying not to break down into a sobbing fit in front of everyone.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@C. Thunder Dash

As he heard Thundy sigh, Dynamo soon learned that Chelsea had meant the memories they had talked about this morning. "I remember, Thundy." He gasped as he remembered what the female griffon had talked about, before returning the embrace. He winced from Chelsea's hug tighten, but ignored the slight pain as he knew he had to help a friend. "Shh...it's okay, Chelsea." He whispered softly to her as he rocked her back and forth, while trying to help keep her calm. He wouldn't say anything to the others unless he was given permission, or if Thundy would say anything. It was Chelsea's story to tell and not his. He wanted to know the full story, as well. He had heard a bit about the conversation he, Thundy and Chelsea had talked about, but he felt that there was more to the story than what he had previously learned.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash, @Dynamo Pad, @ExplosionMare, @Ragland Tiger, @GeneralDirection

"Chelsea-chan..." Samurai could tell that this was something that must mean a lot to her. He gently puts a hoof on her shoulder. She doesn't have to hug Samurai if she doesn't want to, but he wants to show that he cares too. "You don't have to talk about it, if you don't want to. But we're all here for you."

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection

Chelsea felt herself being rocked by Dynamo. Thundy decided to make his way over and stroke Chelsea's mane lovingly. "I want to tell you the story but...i-it's just...hard..." Chelsea said with a soft sob and a few more sniffles, bringing Samurai in the hug. "Maybe if we all cuddle up we could listen..." Thundy suggested. Chelsea nodded with a faint smiles on her face. 

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @GeneralDirection @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

As Thundy made his way over, Dynamo gave a nod in understanding. "I know that feeling, but it's just like Samurai had said. You don't have to tell us if you don't want to. We're all here for you, no matter what." He would say as Chelsea had brought Samurai into the hug. Upon hearing Thundy's suggestion, Dynamo nodded as he looked towards the others. "I think that's a nice idea, but I'd still check to see what the others think. What do you say, everyone? Everyone want to join in a group hug?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection

After spending some time dealing with their own business, Nopony and Tree Song want to join the others, and due to their magical abilities, they are able to sense their location. They find them outside of Samurai's house. There are two new faces among them: the one who fought in the battle today, apparently called "Samurai", and a mysterious Kirin.

The druid and his apprentice approach the gathering with the intention of joining it.

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 1

@PawelS @Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash @Ragland Tiger @GeneralDirection

Pencil listened attentively to Samurai’s story. It was hard to believe that Snow Leopard used to be a friend of Samurai’s, or at least a close acquaintance from what she could gather. He had so much hate in his heart all because he was ostracized for losing his limbs. While she understood how oppressing society could be to those they didn’t like, she couldn’t understand why Snow Leopard didn’t want to accept any help from Samurai.

“That’s awful that Snow Leopard lost his limbs, but I can’t understand why he didn’t want any of your help, Samurai,” she said. “I would think that he would want any support he can get after being considered an outcast to the rest of society. Speaking of outcasts, I wish he knew to form a nice support group instead of controlling all the other animals,”

When Samurai was finished speaking, Pencil noticed that Chelsea began to sob again. Normally her crying ended within a few minutes, but this time, this particular sobbing episode had an importance to it. The crying wasn’t going to stop until Chelsea finally got her entire story out. Perhaps by doing this, she might not get so teary-eyed anymore when talking about her past. Pencil doubted the pain would go away completely, but she knew talking always had a way of relieving a good amount of it. Tentatively, she trotted over to join the little huddle formed by Chelsea, Thundy, Dynamo, and Samurai.

“I’ll be here for you too, Chelsea. Whenever you’re ready, you can tell us your story,” she told the griffon as she squeezed herself into the huddle.

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS, @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare, @Ragland Tiger

"Well to be clear, I did help him, Pencil-chan. I helped him many times. But each attempt only seem to end in failure due to unfortunate circumstances. Eventually, he just had enough of my help, and he had enough trying. He was convinced he was beyond saving." Samurai explains.

However, as soon as he is pulled into a hug, Samurai blushes a little before gladly hugging Chelsea and all his friends. He cuddles into it before he hears a knock at the door. "Oh, excuse me Chelsea, I should go check on that."

Pulling away from the group, he answers the door, only to see two ponies he's never met before. "...Konbanwa. May I help you?" Samurai asks, confused.

• Brohoof 1