Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@PawelS, @Windy Breeze, @Courageous Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare

Trilby decides to stay close to Shadow. He can tell when she seems confused or unsure about something. He won't ask her. If something is bothering her, she'll say something. But Trilby definitely notices.

"Hmm..." Samurai tilts his head. "Good point, Thundy. If that's the case, even Nightmare Moon might need a little bit of help. However, Milenko's methods are a bit more cowardly. Nightmare Moon is a bit more direct and a bit more resolved. If it comes to a battle of willpower, I think Nightmare Moon might win. But that's just a thought, though... Hmm... Perhaps I should try to contact Princess Celestia and inform her of what's going on in Friendshire."

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @PawelS @Windy Breeze

"Good idea. I completely agree that Milenko's methods are completely cowardly. I mean...if he had the guts to take over Frienshire, then he'd do it without hesitation with his power...but as I said, there is a chance we could summon him by removing this final curse...but contacting Celestia on this matter is the best option." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 2

@Courageous Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @Windy Breeze

"I tried contacting Princess Luna in a dream when I found out that Nightmare Moon is here. But it didn't work for some reason, it seems like this town's magic is blocking this kind of communication. So how are you going to contact Princess Celestia?" I ask Samurai. "Do you have a dragon that can send scrolls with his fire breath?" I add jokingly, knowing the story of Twilight Sparkle and Spike.

Tree Song doesn't participate in the discussion, but listens to it with great interest.

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 1

@PawelS @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @Windy Breeze

"Dream walking is extremely tough. Luna's heart is impure since she turned into Nightmare Moon, unless the two split. If they split, Luna still has a pure heart, which means she's able to remain stable when dream walking." Chelsea supposed. 

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-04-09 at 7:25 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

@Ragland Tiger

As he paid for their tickets to ride the rides, Dynamo looked over at Bluebell, who had pointed towards something. Following her pointed hoof, Dynamo's jaw dropped as he saw a loop coaster near the Ferris wheel. He gulped in worry as he wasn't exactly keen on loop coasters. Some roller coasters he could be okay with. Loop coasters were different as he had a fear of falling out of his seat, while going through a loop. As he was about to object to Bluebell's dare, he stopped as he stared into her eyes. It was as if all the reassurance in both her gaze and smile was enough to help the gaming unicorn in feeling brave. He didn't exactly know why, but he felt that he would be safe with Bluebell by his side. "O-Okay, b-but I double dare you to go with me." He smiled softly in nervousness, hoping that she would be down to ride the coaster with him.

@Dynamo Pad

"Oh c-c-come on y-y-you, she said, and lead him to the coaster.  When she got into the little car next to him, she could see that he was shuddering.  Without saying a word, she gently tapped her horn on top of his head, casting her protection spell over him, and watching it wrap firmly around him, for no other reason but to reassure him.   "Are-are-are y-you r-r-ready?" ,she asked.

• Brohoof 3

@Ragland Tiger

Dynamo was still nervous, but he still smiled and chuckled at her enthusiasm. As they made their way through the line and into the car, Dynamo watched as the ride operators went to lower the bar of their seats. From his viewpoint, Dynamo noticed that they weren't in the front, but not too far away. He still felt nervous as he wasn't the best when it came to loops. As he shuddered slightly at the ride beginning to start, the gaming unicorn blinked as he felt something gently tap the top of his head. Glancing his eyes to the side, he noticed that it was Bluebell, who had used her magic on him. His eyes widened slightly as he felt a sort of soft, yet warm blanket of magic had been wrapped all around him. Giving him a sense of comfort and reassurance. He wanted to ask what she had done, but decided to ask her after the ride was finished. He extended his left hoof out as he wrapped his arm and hoof around her shoulder. Effectively pulling her into him and held her close. "Yeah. I-I'm ready to do this. Also, i-is this okay, Bell?" He asks, gesturing his arm and hoof around her shoulder.

• Brohoof 2

33 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Ragland Tiger

Dynamo was still nervous, but he still smiled and chuckled at her enthusiasm. As they made their way through the line and into the car, Dynamo watched as the ride operators went to lower the bar of their seats. From his viewpoint, Dynamo noticed that they weren't in the front, but not too far away. He still felt nervous as he wasn't the best when it came to loops. As he shuddered slightly at the ride beginning to start, the gaming unicorn blinked as he felt something gently tap the top of his head. Glancing his eyes to the side, he noticed that it was Bluebell, who had used her magic on him. His eyes widened slightly as he felt a sort of soft, yet warm blanket of magic had been wrapped all around him. Giving him a sense of comfort and reassurance. He wanted to ask what she had done, but decided to ask her after the ride was finished. He extended his left hoof out as he wrapped his arm and hoof around her shoulder. Effectively pulling her into him and held her close. "Yeah. I-I'm ready to do this. Also, i-is this okay, Bell?" He asks, gesturing his arm and hoof around her shoulder.

@Dynamo Pad

"P-perfect," said Bluebell, resting her head on his shoulder.

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger

The ride attendants went row by row, checking the restraints. After the check, the ride operator checked if all was clear. Everything was clear. The brakes released and the coaster departed the station. The coaster was taller than the Daring Do coaster, yet had the same spiral drop. It was slightly steeper however. The coaster ascended the lift hill. Some other ponies on the coaster could be heard whooping and cheering. A nice view of Friendshire could be seen if one were to turn to the right, while a forest region leading to the dunes could be seen to the left.  

• Brohoof 3

@Ragland Tiger @Courageous Thunder Dash

Dynamo smiled softly as he felt Bluebell rest her head upon his shoulder. A light blush appearing on his cheeks. He remembered this happened before when they had gone on Thundy's Daring Do roller coaster. Back then and even now, this felt nice and right, in a way. He lowered his head to rest his head against hers, before the coaster departed the station. "Here we go!" He grinned softly, a mix of fear and excitement in his voice. Judging by the coaster, it was taller than the coaster the two had gone on before, as well as steeper. However, it looked to have some similarities like the spiral drop. Ascending the hill, he could hear other ponies and creatures cheering in their respective seats. Dynamo lifted his head up to give a cheer and whoop of his own. Making sure his cheering was not directly in Bluebell's ear. He was still scared and couldn't explain it, but he was slightly psyched for the ride. True, he was scared of going on loop coasters when he had a traumatizing event as a colt. However, he knew he had to conquer this fear. Having Bluebell by his side, Dynamo felt that things would both be different and okay. The gaming unicorn could only whistle in surprise as he could see the town of Friendshire on his right. At the same time, the forest and dunes could be seen on his left. "Dear, sweet Celestia. Now that's what I call a view."

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

"Really? No communication with Luna what so ever? Hmm... I was going to send a letter, but now I'm not sure. Well, this makes things a little tougher. We're stuck in here with an evil spirit and a curse. Or perhaps they're stuck in here with us." Samurai says.

As they leave the building, he turns to his friends. "So now what? Should we try to find Keen next? Shadow seems to want to, but I don't want to push Chelsea." Samurai asks as he pulls out his pamphlet. "I am sure this can tell us where Keen is."

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 2

@Courageous Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @Windy Breeze

"You can try sending a letter, I know Celestia likes to receive them." I smile slightly, giving another allusion to Twilight Sparkle's story. "Although this town is so strange that I'm not even sure if there is a working post office here. Anyway, I'm ready to go to Keen..." I turn to Chelsea. "...Unless you need some rest before fighting against the curse again."

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Courageous Thunder Dash @Windy Breeze

Pencil turned to Chelsea when Nopony mentioned that she might still need to rest. She gave her a look that said she was here for her. If they needed to wait a bit, Pencil was happy to stay. Otherwise, she wanted to know how to start collecting information.

“Whenever it is that we’re leaving, I can help you guys get Keen and find out how to contact Celestia. I can’t use my journals cause I’d have to send her a copy. If anyone were to know anyone who knows Celestia though, that would be a start!” she stated.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @PawelS @Windy Breeze

"Finding Keen is the best option. Once we find her, we have to remove the curse at once. Thundy said that there is a chance that the curse may have a consciousness, which will make it twice as hard to remove, because it could then feed off of magic and spread to more ponies and creatures. If we all dig deep and combine our energies, we could shut down the curse's consciousness, which would then allow us to remove it with ease." Chelsea explained. 

• Brohoof 1

Samurai nods. "Looks like we are all in agreement. And according to the information I have, Keen is located at Friendshire Central Hospital. Looks like that's our next destination." Samurai puts the pamphlet away and leads the group to the next hospital.

As they walk, Trilby's stomach growls. "Hehe... Sorry about that. I think it's been a while since I ate a real meal. I'll be okay." Trilby says, gently rubbing his tummy to make it stop.

Minutes later, they all arrive at the correct hospital. Samurai goes up to the front desk. "Excuse me. We're here to see Keen Fan. Is she here?" Samurai asks. The nurse nods. "I'll go let her know that she has visitors. One moment, please." The nurse steps away to find Keen's door, knock on it, and tell her news.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @PawelS @Courageous Thunder Dash

Pencil follows the group to the Friendshire Central Hospital. That seemed like a good start. She supposed contacting Celestia would have to come later since restoring Keen sounded much more important.

She looked at Trilby who expressed that he was pretty hungry. She thought a minute and remembered that there was probably a snack hiding in her bag somewhere. She dug around for it with her magic until she heard the crinkly noise of plastic wrap. Turning towards Trilby, she held out what appeared to be a pack of peanut butter crackers.

“Here, you can have these if you want. I always bring a few snacks with me in cases like this,” she said.

@Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @PawelS @Windy Breeze

When Pencil pulled out the peanut butter snacks, Thundy sort of stepped away from them, since he was allergic to peanuts. He certainly wouldn't want to go to the hospital...not after what Trilby went through. Chelsea noticed. "Thundy's allergic to peanuts..." She said. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Pencil immediately put the crackers away and dug around for another snack. Thankfully the crackers were still wrapped, so they didn’t have the chance to infect the air yet. She dug around until she found a little bag of pretzels. She offered those to Trilby instead.

“Sorry, Thundy, I didn’t know,” she told him guiltily.

@ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @PawelS @Windy Breeze

"It's okay, as long as I don't touch anything with peanuts it'll be fine. Some humans back in my world are extremely sensitive...they could have a severe allergic reaction just from the scent of peanuts..." Thundy said with a sad sigh. "It's really tough when you're allergic to a food that is very popular...like eggs, and even fish...sadly, Thundy's also allergic to fish, which is a common food for griffons. There is a chance Thundy has grown out of this allergy...but we don't know yet..." Chelsea explained. 

@PawelS @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @Courageous Thunder Dash 

“My dad likes to try wine but he was too allergic of it. I could understand what you feel when you can't ear something which many ponies or.... Humans are fond of” Shadow said to Thundy, “He grew up and would soon later join mom to her grave without ever tasting wine in his entire life since his last attempt”

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @Windy Breeze

"Indeed they are...imagine being allergic to most dairy foods. I was like that when I was small, but I grew out of that allergy quickly. It was disappointing that I didn't get to have pancakes without me breaking out...ugh...but as far as peanuts go, they can be extremely dangerous to some who are really sensitive...to the point they can't take the smell..." Thundy stated. 

Chelsea sighed and sniffled. "Like this one seapony almost couldn't breathe because she accidently took a treat not knowing it had peanuts in it..." Chelsea stated. "Nowadays, back on earth, because peanuts is such a dangerous allergy, people have put signs up that warn of products with peanuts in them..." Thundy explained. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-04-12 at 8:27 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo smiled softly as he felt Bluebell rest her head upon his shoulder. A light blush appearing on his cheeks. He remembered this happened before when they had gone on Thundy's Daring Do roller coaster. Back then and even now, this felt nice and right, in a way. He lowered his head to rest his head against hers, before the coaster departed the station. "Here we go!" He grinned softly, a mix of fear and excitement in his voice. Judging by the coaster, it was taller than the coaster the two had gone on before, as well as steeper. However, it looked to have some similarities like the spiral drop. Ascending the hill, he could hear other ponies and creatures cheering in their respective seats. Dynamo lifted his head up to give a cheer and whoop of his own. Making sure his cheering was not directly in Bluebell's ear. He was still scared and couldn't explain it, but he was slightly psyched for the ride. True, he was scared of going on loop coasters when he had a traumatizing event as a colt. However, he knew he had to conquer this fear. Having Bluebell by his side, Dynamo felt that things would both be different and okay. The gaming unicorn could only whistle in surprise as he could see the town of Friendshire on his right. At the same time, the forest and dunes could be seen on his left. "Dear, sweet Celestia. Now that's what I call a view."

@Courageous Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad

"Y-y-you can say th-that aga-again," said Bluebell.  She looked ahead to the first loop.  "H-h-hear it-it comes," she warned.

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger

The coaster reached the top and started its descent down the spiral drop. Other ponies on the ride started to scream. The coaster picked up quite a bit of speed. It went through the loop without hesitation, creating a force of around 2 Gs. The coaster then swooped up into a hill, causing a small pop of airtime, sending passengers out of their seats. 

• Brohoof 2

Dynamo gulped as he heard the mention of the first loop was up ahead. Taking a deep breath, he held Bluebell closer to himself as he tried to steel his resolve. "Bring it on." He muttered softly to himself, while making a random quote from a movie. Once the coaster reached the top to make its descent, the gaming unicorn could hear the sound of other ponies screaming. "Woah!" He was surprised by the sudden spiral drop, but it was honestly not too bad. However, the coaster picked up some speed as he went through the loop without hesitation. "Holy sweet Celestia!" He exclaimed, screaming and what sounded like laughing at the same time. 'Don't look, don't look, don't look.' He chanted in his mind, trying to keep his eyes closed. Curiosity, however, got the better of him as he slowly opened one eye. Even through the loop, Dynamo felt as if the world was spinning. All the while, being pushed around and into the back of the seat from the 2 Gs of force. As the coaster swopped into a hill, Dynamo felt himself leaving his seat from the airtime. Thankfully, the armrest kept him from flying right out of his seat. From the loops, to the airtime and everything else that was happening. Dynamo, himself, couldn't help in grinning with a sense of adrenaline coursing through his veins. "Yes! Let's go!" He exclaimed, feeling his heart beginning to race. He wasn't sure if it was the spell Bluebell had used or if it was just pure excitement from the ride, but he was having fun.

• Brohoof 2