Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@PawelS, @Windy Breeze, @Courageous Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare

Trilby takes the snacks that Pencil is offering. "Oh wow, thank you." When Thundy turns them down, he just smiles. "More for me." Trilby chows down while he waits with the crew.

The nurse comes back. "Keen Fan is still resting right now. You can visit, but she might not wake up easily. She was roughed up pretty bad when she came in. You can come back later, if you want." The nurse says. "Well, Chelsea is a healer. That is, if she's still feeling up to it." Samurai says. The nurse points out Keen's door so the party can go visit her, if they want.

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @Windy Breeze @ExplosionMare

“Of course I am. I still have plenty of energy in me.” Chelsea said looking at Samurai. “Perhaps Chelsea could also wake Keen from her coma with her water abilities as well.” Thundy stated. “Definitely.” Chelsea replied. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Courageous Thunder Dash @PawelS @ExplosionMare

Shadow would breathe anxiously when they were pointed by the nurse to Keen's room but she also has high hopes they would help Keen without causing incident when she heard Chelsea's spell not only could remove Milenko's curse but it can also wake up Keen from her coma. She would move close to Trilby to receive his comfort and the soft fur of his white coat. Just wait for few more seconds, Keen. You will be cured.

Meanwhile, Keen laid on her bed peacefully, unaware of everything that had happened during her stay in the hospital. Milenko's curse however was already tormenting her mind about a certain friend, a pony who was yet to be introduced.

• Brohoof 2

@Courageous Thunder Dash @Samurai Equine @Windy Breeze @PawelS

Pencil went with the others to visit Keen when the nurse gave them the go-ahead. Keen was still attached to a variety of tubes and machines, which made Pencil a bit sad. She hoped the others would be able to wake her soon.

“What is it, Chelsea?” she asked in concern to Chelsea who began to pant. She briskly trotted over and put a hoof on her shoulder in an attempt to calm her down. 

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @Windy Breeze

"I-I feel it...th-the curse..." Chelsea said in between pants as she summoned a ball of water energy. She aimed it towards Keen but didn't fire it. The ball of water started to take on a darker color, as the power of the curse was sensed. Chelsea panted even more as she dispelled the ball of water. Her talons were glowing a deep aqua blue and more of her locks of hair were that same color. Chelsea laid both of her talons on Keen, the healing process starting. However, Chelsea had to push harder because of the curse. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

When Samurai enters Keen's room, he notices Chelsea can sense the curse right away. "Here we go again." Repeating the same magic he used before; he puts on his traditional clothes, anchors his ceremonial staff, and gets ready with paper seals. "I'm ready Chelsea-chan, Namonai-san. I fear this may be a little harder. Dynamo used his powers earlier to help us. And if Nightmare Moon isn't here to help us, then that means we'll have to try extra hard to break the curse." Samurai says.

Trilby gives Shadow a hug to make her feel better, but then he hears what the others are about to do. To put Shadow at ease, he puts his hat on her head and gives her a knowing wink; his way of saying Trust Me. He then stands before all his friends and waves his hoof. "Oh! Hold on! That might not be true. Like I said, there are ways to weaken the curse." Trilby goes over to the sleeping Keen. He lifts up one of her hooves and pets it. "Ssshhhh~ It's okay, Keen. You are among friends now. You don't have to try so hard anymore. You don't have to do anything anymore." Trilby whispers to her before turning back to his friends. "Okay, what do we know about Keen? Remember, happiness and delight can weaken the curse, and sometime patients in a coma can hear whatever you have to say. So what makes Keen REALLY happy and content? What does she live for? Any big passions?"

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 2

On 2021-04-18 at 4:28 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

@Ragland Tiger @Courageous Thunder Dash

Dynamo gulped as he heard the mention of the first loop was up ahead. Taking a deep breath, he held Bluebell closer to himself as he tried to steel his resolve. "Bring it on." He muttered softly to himself, while making a random quote from a movie. Once the coaster reached the top to make its descent, the gaming unicorn could hear the sound of other ponies screaming. "Woah!" He was surprised by the sudden spiral drop, but it was honestly not too bad. However, the coaster picked up some speed as he went through the loop without hesitation. "Holy sweet Celestia!" He exclaimed, screaming and what sounded like laughing at the same time. 'Don't look, don't look, don't look.' He chanted in his mind, trying to keep his eyes closed. Curiosity, however, got the better of him as he slowly opened one eye. Even through the loop, Dynamo felt as if the world was spinning. All the while, being pushed around and into the back of the seat from the 2 Gs of force. As the coaster swopped into a hill, Dynamo felt himself leaving his seat from the airtime. Thankfully, the armrest kept him from flying right out of his seat. From the loops, to the airtime and everything else that was happening. Dynamo, himself, couldn't help in grinning with a sense of adrenaline coursing through his veins. "Yes! Let's go!" He exclaimed, feeling his heart beginning to race. He wasn't sure if it was the spell Bluebell had used or if it was just pure excitement from the ride, but he was having fun.

Bluebell looked at him and smiled. She then hollered, "Yaaaaaaaaaaaahhoo!"

• Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @Dynamo Pad

The coaster went into an upward helix, this time excerpting 3 Gs, pinning all the riders rumps in their seats. The coaster then went through two back to back hills designed for airtime pops followed by one last downward helix at 3 Gs again. The coaster went through the brake run and it was over. 

• Brohoof 3

As the coaster went into an upward helix, Dynamo could feel himself being pinned to the seat. The gaming unicorn's eyes glanced towards Bluebell, who gave her enthusiastic shriek based on the ride. Seeing her smile had caused him to grin as the ride went through two back to back hills. He felt himself jostle in his seat based on the airtime pops. All the while, laughing as he was enjoying the ride. "WAHOO!!!" He exclaimed as they went through a downward helix one last time. Just before the coaster had hit the brake run as it made its way back to the starting point. Dynamo felt the bar that was securing them being lifted up. Effectively allowing them to make their exit of the coaster. Getting out of his seat, he turned around and offered Bluebell his extended front left hoof. If she took his hoof, he would help her out of the ride as they would make their exit of the coaster area. "T-That was a lot of fun. I'm not the best when it comes to riding loop coasters, but I'm glad we went on it together." His legs were still shaking slightly from the ride, but he chalked it up as due to adrenaline. "Oh, by the way. I was just wondering something. I saw that you had used a spell on me earlier. What did the spell do? If you don't mind me asking, that is." He wasn't mad, upset or anything along those lines. He was honestly curious as he had never had a spell being used on him before. It almost felt foreign, but at the same time it wasn't. Considering that he could feel her magic being wrapped around him like a blanket. Just like how the pendant he wore had her magic, affection and feelings all wrapped in one, as well.

• Brohoof 2

13 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As the coaster went into an upward helix, Dynamo could feel himself being pinned to the seat. The gaming unicorn's eyes glanced towards Bluebell, who gave her enthusiastic shriek based on the ride. Seeing her smile had caused him to grin as the ride went through two back to back hills. He felt himself jostle in his seat based on the airtime pops. All the while, laughing as he was enjoying the ride. "WAHOO!!!" He exclaimed as they went through a downward helix one last time. Just before the coaster had hit the brake run as it made its way back to the starting point. Dynamo felt the bar that was securing them being lifted up. Effectively allowing them to make their exit of the coaster. Getting out of his seat, he turned around and offered Bluebell his extended front left hoof. If she took his hoof, he would help her out of the ride as they would make their exit of the coaster area. "T-That was a lot of fun. I'm not the best when it comes to riding loop coasters, but I'm glad we went on it together." His legs were still shaking slightly from the ride, but he chalked it up as due to adrenaline. "Oh, by the way. I was just wondering something. I saw that you had used a spell on me earlier. What did the spell do? If you don't mind me asking, that is." He wasn't mad, upset or anything along those lines. He was honestly curious as he had never had a spell being used on him before. It almost felt foreign, but at the same time it wasn't. Considering that he could feel her magic being wrapped around him like a blanket. Just like how the pendant he wore had her magic, affection and feelings all wrapped in one, as well.

@Dynamo Pad @Courageous Thunder Dash

"It was-was a protection sp-spell, the same one I-I-I cast on p-Pastel during the kart race," Bluebell said.  In the-in the unlikely event that some-something d-d-did go wrong, It would have p-protected you from being s-s-seriously injured, but the-but  the spell isn't important.  Wh-what's important is that-that  you faced your f-f-fear.  Y-you were v-v-very brave.  I think you-you have always b-b-b-been that way, and that's-that's one of the r-r-reasons why I'm - w-well - attracted to you.  Well - th-th-that and -- um -- uh -- Ithinkyou'recute."

• Brohoof 3

@Ragland Tiger

As he listened to Bluebell's response, he had a look of understanding as he heard the effects of the spell. "I think I remember you using a spell like that during the race. Granted, there was so much going on that it seemed like chaos was ensuing." He chuckled, before a look of realization had dawned upon him. "I...I didn't even realize that. You’re absolutely right, Bluebell. I-I guess I really did have the confidence to overcome such a fear. To be honest, I was afraid because I was forced to go on a loop coaster by my parents when I was younger. I didn't think much of it, but it turned out to be a loop coaster that went from one end to the other. Basically, you go from one end of the loop coaster, before going in reverse. It was kind of fun, but the loops made me feel like I was going to fall out of my seat. I'm glad I was able to go on this ride now and I don't regret it." He smiled, blushing slightly at the mention of being called brave. "T-Thank you, Bluebell. It really means a lot to hear you say that. I think I was brave because you were right there by my side. The ride was a lot of fun because I got to share the experience with someone I really care about." His jaw dropped slightly in surprise at the mention of Bluebell being attracted to him. It had caused a warmth in his heart as this was the first time someone had genuinely said those words to him. His blush even deepened as he thought he had misheard her words. However, processing what she had said, he felt his heart racing a mile a minute. "I think you're c-cute too. I think you're very intelligent, as well as funny, sweet, and very kind. I even like your enthusiasm and how you like to have and enjoy fun. Almost as if you're a free spirit, or something along those lines." He smiled softly as he spoke from his heart.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Samurai takes a moment to think. "Passions... Passions... Hard to know because she usually keeps to herself. Although... There was the one time where I caught her writing something. Looked fictional. She was very protective of it, so she didn't let anypony read it. Maybe she is a writer of some kind?" Samurai suggest.

Trilby nods. "Writer. Got it." He goes back to whispering to Keen. "You are a good writer. Everypony is going to love your writings. Your writings will inspire others." Trilby whispers to her. He then gently walks away from her. "That's the best we can do. I don't know for sure, but I bet that did the trick." Trilby says.

And he is right. The curse snoozes happily with Keen, believing that happiness has been achieved.

Samurai nods. "Okay then, let's do this. Chelsea-chan, Namonai-san, ikuze! (Let's go!)" Samurai goes over closer to Keen and begins chanting an incantation while holding up a paper seal. It is causing the curse to be tied down. It won't be able to lash out at whatever Chelsea and Nopony do next.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@PawelS @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare

"Alright everypony, let's push harder. The curse is tied and locked. I can sense it. I'm not sure how long the hold will last, but let's give it our all." Chelsea said pushing harder. Thundy did his best, but remained at low energy since his heart was still impure. 

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @PawelS @Courageous Thunder Dash 

Keen was standing in the midst of a busy crowded festival, ponies walking pass her and some buying on nearby stalls. Laying on the cobblestone in front of her was a damp pink book, dried tears covered her cheeks as she starts into the eyes of a yellow figure whose body was blurred beyond recognition.

7 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

"You are a good writer. Everypony is going to love your writings. Your writings will inspire others."

Trilby's soothing voice was transferred from the mouth of the figure, a familiar feminine voice speaking to her “You are a good writer. Everypony is going to love your writings. Your writings will inspire others” the figure turned and slowly approached keen, a good reaching out to ruffle her mane like a dog owner would do. The voice was filled with sympathy and compassion, comforting her, “Listen to me, Keen. Don't listen to those judges, don't let their comments silence you. You have me remember?” she was pulled into a hug, feeling the soft warm fur of the blurred figure as small tears flow down, turning into droplets and hitting the floor below. The figure took this time to pick up the pink book with her other hoof and showed it to her, “They don't know how to appreciate adventure theme stories, only they know was mareish drama. Try again next time. I heard Vanhoover is holding the next writing contest” this was her friend, a friend she missed and the friend who had been with her since they met at school, this friend was paying her after doing the same after failing an event just like her. Keen hugged back.

“T-Thank you...”

Shadow waited patiently as she stared at Keen who hasn't showed any signs of waking up

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 3

@Courageous Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @Windy Breeze

Chelsea's efforts don't seem to have any visible effects. There should be something I can do to help... I decide to try to enter Keen's mind, to identify what's blocking her from removing the curse and waking up. Magic of the mind is not my specialty, but I try my best to focus on creating a mental connection with her. But I must be cautious, and don't let the curse affect me as well...

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 2

On 2021-04-21 at 7:34 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

@Ragland Tiger

As he listened to Bluebell's response, he had a look of understanding as he heard the effects of the spell. "I think I remember you using a spell like that during the race. Granted, there was so much going on that it seemed like chaos was ensuing." He chuckled, before a look of realization had dawned upon him. "I...I didn't even realize that. You’re absolutely right, Bluebell. I-I guess I really did have the confidence to overcome such a fear. To be honest, I was afraid because I was forced to go on a loop coaster by my parents when I was younger. I didn't think much of it, but it turned out to be a loop coaster that went from one end to the other. Basically, you go from one end of the loop coaster, before going in reverse. It was kind of fun, but the loops made me feel like I was going to fall out of my seat. I'm glad I was able to go on this ride now and I don't regret it." He smiled, blushing slightly at the mention of being called brave. "T-Thank you, Bluebell. It really means a lot to hear you say that. I think I was brave because you were right there by my side. The ride was a lot of fun because I got to share the experience with someone I really care about." His jaw dropped slightly in surprise at the mention of Bluebell being attracted to him. It had caused a warmth in his heart as this was the first time someone had genuinely said those words to him. His blush even deepened as he thought he had misheard her words. However, processing what she had said, he felt his heart racing a mile a minute. "I think you're c-cute too. I think you're very intelligent, as well as funny, sweet, and very kind. I even like your enthusiasm and how you like to have and enjoy fun. Almost as if you're a free spirit, or something along those lines." He smiled softly as he spoke from his heart.

@Dynamo Pad

Bluebell listened while they walked through the midway.  She smiled and blushed.  "Aw, sh-sh-shucks," she said with her Appleloosa twang.

• Brohoof 3

@Ragland Tiger

As they continued to walk through the midway, Dynamo had taken notice of Bluebell's smile and blush. Seeing that kind of expression caused his blush to deepen slightly, as well as returning that very same smile. "I-It's true. If there's one thing you'll know about me, then it's that I won't lie to you." He looked away slightly and as he rubbed the back of his neck with his fore hoof. All the while having a shy smile upon his expression. It seemed like everything the bespectacled mare did was simply cute and adorable in his eyes. He knew that if he continued to stare at her, then he wouldn't be able to take his eyes away. Not that he was complaining, of course. To Dynamo, he felt as if he could become truly lost in her eyes. "Did you want to go on another ride, or did you want to try one of the games first?" He asks, turning his attention back towards Bluebell.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare @PawelS @Windy Breeze

"Please be careful Nopony...it's best if Thundy shrouds you in a coating of light just in case of something..." Chelsea stated. Thundy had the coating of light ready for Nopony

@Ragland Tiger @Dynamo Pad

Along the midway, there were many different carnival games. There was one that seemed to have a prize that was reminiscent of something one would find in Apploosa. The game was a balloon dart game. Perhaps Dynamo could win it for Bluebell... 

• Brohoof 3

@PawelS @Samurai Equine @Courageous Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare

If Nopony enters Keen's mind, he would find himself what it looks like to be a marketplace but the ponies around him are all blurred out as they move. But many of these figures would walk aside to reveal Keen hugging one of the blurred figures tearfully with a smile. If he tried to walk towards her, Nopony will be pushed away by an invisible barrier that is almost impossible break, meaning behind it is this moment was only between Keen and the figure she's hugging.

• Brohoof 3

@Samurai Equine @Windy Breeze @Courageous Thunder Dash @PawelS

Pencil felt she should offer a few encouraging words of her own. Although she didn’t know Keen, she knew she was a pony who really needed encouragement. From Samurai and Trilby, she heard she was a writer. Stepping closer towards Keen’s bed, she whispered,

“If you ever want to share your stories, I’d be happy to read them. I like reading all kinds of things,”

• Brohoof 1

"Rin, Pyou, Tou, Sha, Kai, Jin, Retsu, Zai, Zen~" Samurai chants his magic incantation repeatedly. Surprisingly this time, he is able to put mutliple paper seals on Keen. Since the curse is asleep and not lashing out, it's easier to work his ritual magic.

Chelsea's magic is definitely having the most effect. Along side any healing effects, the curse is starting to disappear! Should the curse awaken now, it won't matter. More than half of it is all ready gone.

If Nopony is invading Keen's mind, he had better hurry. That dream world won't last much longer. It won't be long before the curse is fully lifted and Keen will most likely wake up, full healed and everything.

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @Windy Breeze

(Inside Keen's mind)

I feel Thundy's protective barrier around myself. But there is nothing I can do here. I expected some kind of nightmare, but it's just a normal dream, and I'm not going to invade Keen's privacy by trying to find out what it's about. Also I feel that the curse is getting weaker anyway, so I'll better leave.

I break my connection with Keen's mind. Instead, I try to strengthen Chelsea's efforts to break the curse. Tree Song is doing the same.

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @PawelS @Windy Breeze

Chelsea dug deep and pushed a little harder. "Keen...you don't have to hold on to it anymore. We're here for you..." She said telepathically, hoping that this would wake Keen up from the curse. She noticed Nopony emerge from Keen's mind and knew that persuasion was the only choice. 

• Brohoof 3