Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@PawelS @ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @Courageous Thunder Dash

Sparkly was a bit taken back by that, and looked to Pencil Pouch. 
"Nice name. I like it." she complimented before looking to Chelsea and Tree Song. "Another human? How about that. I don't know how I got here. I just woke up here as...I won't tell you about that but, I basically just woke up here for no good reason. I'm glad I am gone from that trash pile of a species. I like it on this planet better." 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Ragland Tiger @Courageous Thunder Dash

As the carnie pony had explained the rules, Dynamo had placed a hoof to his chin. "Two balloons that will give us a prize, huh? That sounds fair when you think about it. Considering that it could be simple to just hit one balloon and walk away with a prize. So, it's more of a challenge factor, or something along those lines. I think that's pretty interesting and a challenge is always fun and welcoming." He smiled with a nod, while being told of each prize level. Even the mention of a super prize was enticing as he noticed the golden balloon from before. "Thank you for the help, sir. There's just one more thing that I was wondering. Are we allowed to use our magic, or do we have to throw the darts by hoof?" He asks, looking around to see if there were rules that were put up on around the stand. As he was asking, a sudden thought had crossed Dynamo's mind, before turning his attention over towards the bespectacled mare. "Did you want to make this into another betting kind of game, or did you want to team up together, Bluebell?" To him, he wasn't much of a betting pony. So, he would lean more towards the latter option. He didn't mind either way, but he wanted to see how his date had felt.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare, @Courageous Thunder Dash, @PawelS, @Starforce Glimmer

"Thundy's exhibit sounds like it will be interesting." Samurai comments.

However, he becomes quiet when he sees the conversation unfolding between Sparkly and Chelsea. Instead, he turns to Pencil. "If you don't mind, I think I'll keep exploring the gallery." Samurai says before walking off, wanting to see all the art work this place has to offer.

• Brohoof 3

@Samurai Equine @Starforce Glimmer

Pencil blushed at Sparkly’s compliment. She was going to thank her but she had immediately gotten into a conversation with Chelsea. She listened idly just in case she was to get involved somehow. Sparkly had mentioned that she “woke up” as another being, which both concerned and surprised Pencil. She hoped Sparkly’s origins weren’t terribly tragic.

She looked to Samurai who said he was going to continue exploring the gallery. She turned to him and said,

“Ok, have fun Samurai!”

With everyone going in their own direction, Pencil returned to her office. She figured she might as well stay there for a while since she kept going back-and-forth to it. Once she arrived inside, she compiled a list of papers together and began to make lists of the few paintings that remained.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Courageous Thunder Dash

On 2021-05-12 at 8:23 PM, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

"You must pop at least two balloons to win a prize. Two balloons will give you a small prize, 3 for a medium, four for a large and all 5 for a jumbp. However, pop that golden balloon and you'll get a super prize...don't let looks deceive you." The carnie warned

Bluebell pulled Dynamo over and whispered in his ear.  "L-l-look at the way-way th-th-th-the baloo-baloons are spaced.  It w-w-will help your aim," she said.

• Brohoof 3

Dynamo blinked in surprise as he was suddenly pulled over by Bluebell. His eyes glanced over towards her, before his ears perked from her thought process. His gaze slowly looking over at the balloons, he did indeed see what she was mentioning. The balloons were all spaced a bit evenly apart, but some looked closer than others. "That definitely helps out a lot. That, and the whole aim with the wind factor involved." He whispered back, while a gentle breeze had blown through his mane. "Though, what do you think, Bluebell? Want to team up together on this?" He asks, blushing slightly at how close the two of them were.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Courageous Thunder Dash

9 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo blinked in surprise as he was suddenly pulled over by Bluebell. His eyes glanced over towards her, before his ears perked from her thought process. His gaze slowly looking over at the balloons, he did indeed see what she was mentioning. The balloons were all spaced a bit evenly apart, but some looked closer than others. "That definitely helps out a lot. That, and the whole aim with the wind factor involved." He whispered back, while a gentle breeze had blown through his mane. "Though, what do you think, Bluebell? Want to team up together on this?" He asks, blushing slightly at how close the two of them were.

"Y-you bet," said Blubell.

• Brohoof 3

"Awesome! In that case, you can have the first dart throw, Bluebell." He says, offering her the five of ten darts that were given to him by the carnie pony. He would have thrown a dart, but he remembered to be a gentlestallion and allow his date to take the first throw. "Oh, that reminds me. Excuse me, sir?" He turned towards the carnie pony with a curious expression on his face. "Are we allowed to use magic, or do we have to throw the darts by hoof?" He asks, wanting to make sure so they weren't accused of cheating or anything along those lines.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger

"No magic whatsoever. Relatively new rule. The ponies who run this whole carnival had to crack down on magic users and basically, we have these things here that sense if someone is using magic." The carnie said, showing a little device that he had attached to his carnie uniform. It detected magic. "Some ponies know how to suppress their auras, so we use these to catch those sneaky players." The carnie explained. 

• Brohoof 2

Dynamo looked to the device that was attached to the carnie's uniform, while being told the rules of magic and this game. Along with any game and magic in general. "Huh. I guess some things involving magic is okay like the spinning cup ride, but some games with magic are prohibited. Plus, the use of magic would make the throw way too easy to hit the intended target. Instead of throwing the dart normally and either getting lucky or planning the trajectory and aim of the throw and dart. That's fair and I guess it's a new rule for this carnival? The last time I went to a carnival, I was told the same thing that magic was prohibited. Granted, I was still a still a really young colt at the time, but still." Dynamo explained, before giving the carnie pony a thankful look. "Thank you for telling us, sir. I didn't want to do anything that would be considered playing unfairly with the use of magic. So, I guess it's the old fashioned way!" He smirked softly as he was ready to have some fun. However, he still waited patiently for when Bluebell would take the first throw.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad  @Courageous Thunder Dash

1 hour ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"Thank you for telling us, sir. I didn't want to do anything that would be considered playing unfairly with the use of magic. So, I guess it's the old fashioned way!" He smirked softly as he was ready to have some fun. However, he still waited patiently for when Bluebell would take the first throw.

Bluebell picked up the first dart, and aimed carefully.  She gently lobbed it at a yellow balloon. It missed by a fraction of an inch.  "Aw, sh-sh-shucks!", she said

• Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @Dynamo Pad

"Ooooh...so close. Don't ya just hate when that happens..." The carnie said looking at Bluebelle. "You got the strategy there. Lobbing works because the dart will essentially rip through the balloon because of the downward motion." The carnie explained. 

• Brohoof 2

As she picked up the first dart, Dynamo watched as she aimed carefully, before lobbing the dart at the balloon. He frowned as the dart had missed the balloon by just a little bit. He could hear the slight frustration in her voice as he placed a comforting hoof upon her shoulder. "It's okay and don't worry, Bluebell. There's still plenty of chances for us to hit the balloons." He smiled softly to reassure the bespectacled mare. He heard the carnie's remark as he nodded in agreement. "That's happened to me a couple of times in certain games. The idea is sound, but then luck or other things can mess up the idea." He had recalled in games where a chance had either won him the game or had him lose, but he couldn't blame chance. However, he did take the carnie's advice into account as the gaming unicorn looked at the board. Scanning his eyes across the balloons for just a moment, he took his dart and took aim. Pulling his arm back, he extended that same arm forward as he threw the dart. It was a fairly straight throw with the dart staring upwards at an angle, before it straightened out and popped one of the balloons. "There we go!" He smiled and nodded as the couple scored a point.

• Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare, @Courageous Thunder Dash

Samurai browses the art galleries as much as he can. Some displays, he enjoys. Others, well... They're just not his style, so he respectfully moves on.
After minutes of exploring, Samurai find Pencil again.

"You've been doing a great job here, Pencil-chan. I hope I saw everything. I was expecting a guided tour. Is there anything the museum needs? Any money donations, perhaps?" Samurai asks.

He also is wondering how Chelsea is doing. Should he ask, or is she too busy with other things? She said Thundy might show up, but so far nothing's happened...

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @Courageous Thunder Dash

Keen's eyes sparkled with fascination and wonder as she reached out a hoof at the sword which formed in thin air in front of her own eyes, her smile grew wide when she felt the smooth texture of the blade, “Unicorns can only do this but...” she looks at Thundy, “With that amazing magic of yours, y....you....”

“Are you okay, Keen?” Shadow was worried when Keen begin to shake, quickly intensifying before jumping.

“You have made a breakthrough in evolution!” she declared loudly. Shadow sighed, relieved to see Keen is okay.

On 2021-05-13 at 12:06 PM, Samurai Equine said:

However, he is glad that Thundy, Keen, and Shadow are getting along. As Thundy does his thing, Trilby hops in the driver seat. Fastens his safety belt. Does a mental check of all the controls. Gently revs the engine. Starts the car and turns it around in the opposite direction. He rolls up beside Keen and Shadow, and presses a button to open the doors to the car. "Going my way, ladies?" Trilby asks, trying to act cool.

“Oh, I will never say no to this offer!” Keen jumped into the vehicle faster than a hare, an amused Shadow following close. It was good to see Keen's optimism.

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine

“O-oh, sorry, ponies kept coming into the office!” Pencil apologized. “I’d still be happy to give you a tour, though.”

She led Samurai to the areas she didn’t think he’d been. Some exhibits were being put up by various staff members as the other exhibits were going on since so many artists had offered their donations. This exhibit focused on wildlife pieces, whether they were realistic or stylized.

“This exhibit just got put up. We’ve had quite a few paintings and other things come in so we’ve had to create exhibits during the museum’s opening. The theme of this one is wildlife, so there’s a lot of foxes, rabbits, birds, animals of that sort. I think there’s even a few exotic creatures in the mix that you would probably like.” she explained, pointing out each painting as she listed it off.

Indeed, there were a couple of exotic creature pieces in the mix. One was a painting of a cockatrice that was painted in many unusual hues. The cockatrice was twisted at an odd angle, setting a fearful mood. The painting was titled “Entrancement of the Snake Chicken”, which was accurate since looking at the painting almost made Pencil feel like she was staring at a real cockatrice. The other artwork was a marble statue of a manticore. It stood proudly, although its tail seemed to drag behind it. Pencil assumed it had been in a battle of sorts and had fought with its tail.

She waited for Samurai to look around and ask any questions he wanted before he proceeded. She wanted to make sure he could absorb as much of the exhibit as he wanted to without feeling like he needed to rush to the next one.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger

The carnie clapped his hooves, seeing Dynamo successfully pop a balloon. "Way to go!" He cheered. 

@Windy Breeze @Samurai Equine

"Well, I guess I'll see you guys...not sure when..." Thundy said as he put the sword away in a sheath. 

@Starforce Glimmer @PawelS @ExplosionMare

"It has its own conscience and will follow you wherever you go. It can change sizes to offer you cuddles when you want. Because it has my abilities within it, it can also absorb itself in you to give you some of my abilities for a short period of time." Chelsea explained. 

• Brohoof 2

@PawelS

"Let's go. I am interested to see what you wills how me around here." Sparkly would state with a small smile, and would take a look at everything. She walked out of the area where the others were, and proceeded to calmly explore the town. 

• Brohoof 2

@PawelS

"I'm kinda in the mood to eat. I am starving. I could really go for some sweets, chocalate milk, fries, and pizzas. I have not aten in like, a day. I am so hungry and I am also really thirsty too." she said with exaggerated gestures.

58 minutes ago, Starforce Glimmer said:

"I'm kinda in the mood to eat. I am starving. I could really go for some sweets, chocalate milk, fries, and pizzas. I have not aten in like, a day. I am so hungry and I am also really thirsty too." she said with exaggerated gestures.

"I'm pretty hungry too, should we go to McDaffodil's or you prefer a more fancy place?"

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Tree Song said:

"I'm pretty hungry too, should we go to McDaffodil's or you prefer a more fancy place?"

"Well I don't have any money at all so sure, we can. Mcdonalds you mean, at least thats where it is where I am from. Its where all the fat people hang out at." she laughs

• Brohoof 1