Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

(edited)

As he patrolled the streets of Friendshire, Kronos saw that everything seemed quiet and peaceful. That being the case, he decided to take a break to sit down and play some music. He pulled out a guitar from his seemingly bottomless case and began to strum. 

As I walked out on the streets of Laredo

As I walked out on Laredo one day

I spied a young ranchcolt wrapped in white linen

Wrapped in white linen as cold as the clay

“I can see by your outfit that you are a warrior”

These words he did say as i boldly walked by

”Come sit down beside me and hear my sad story

Im shot in the chest and i know i must die”

”It was once with a saddle i used to go dashing

Once with a saddle i used to go gay

First to a cardhouse, then down to Rosie’s

Got shot in the chest and im dying today.”

”Get six jolly stallions to carry my coffin 

Six nice young mares to bear up my trawl

Throw bunches of roses all over my coffin

roses to deaden the clods as they fall”

“Then beat the drums slowly, play the fife lowly

Play the death march as you carry me along

take me to the green valley, lay the sod o’er me

I’m a young stallion and i know i’ve done wrong”

Edited by Kronos the Revenant
  • Brohoof 2

@Windy Breeze

Trilby smiles as both mares enter the vehicle at different speeds. "All right, ladies. Buckle up and enjoy the ride." Once all the doors were closed and everyone was buckled up, Trilby drives off.

First, he makes a stop at his clothing store. "Just a minute, please. I won't be long, just need to close up shop." Trilby gets out of the car, and is saddened to see his clothing store is a little... ransacked. He sighs to himself. War probably does this to a store left unguarded. He was away too long... Trilby goes inside, comes back out wearing regular clothes instead of his extra fancy ones, and locks up the shop. He even puts a sign on the door that says 'CLOSED'. It's almost unnecessary. Trilby also has a supply bag with him.

When Trilby gets back in the car, he buckles up and passes the supply bag. "Help yourselves, Keen, Shadow. I packed some snacks for the trip. It'll hold us over till we get there. Lots of places to eat at Manehattan."

Trilby drives the car and stops once again as they begin to exit the town's boarder. He takes one last look, and puts his hooves together, as if praying. "Please allow us safe passage. I promise, we'll be back real soon." He then turns to his travel companions who are probably confused. "Heh. Don't ask. I just felt like doing that." Revving up the car, Trilby speeds off down the open road, and then turns the car into Flight Mode. He hums along to the song on the radio. Sounds like a hiphop song. "We're making pretty good distance in the air. At this rate, we'll be at Manehattan in a few short minutes. Hope you're excited, Keen!"

@ExplosionMare

Samurai looks around at the exhibit that Pencil shows him. It's nice, but it's not invoking a strong emotional response from Samurai. "It's nice, but I wonder if you're displaying any of your own art." Samurai comments with a smirk. "More importantly, I want to know if this museum needs any kind of financial support. Are you taking any donations? Selling any of the art pieces?"

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Shadow and Keen watches as Trilby goes inside his store “The place is ruined by the invasion” it was not as bad as Keen has described as the store has only minimal damage It taken during the attack and there was nothing stolen from Trilby, unless an enemy wants a literal trilby or take a kimono. “Your friend has a lovely store" Keen said to Shadow.

Shadow smiled “You should have told him. He will be happy if he heard you say that”

When Trilby arrived, none of the mares notice him bringing a supply bag, only noticing it when he got inside and passing it to them.

“Thank sweetheart” Shadow said without thinking and received a questioning stare by Keen before looking to her window as they left the boarder . Their attention will be drawn back to Trilby again as he was...muttering. Shadow find it funny she knew he was praying yet she did not remember seeing everypony do that for years.

1 hour ago, Samurai Equine said:

"We're making pretty good distance in the air. At this rate, we'll be at Manehattan in a few short minutes. Hope you're excited, Keen!"

“Short minutes? Was Friendshire build a short mile away from Manehattan?”

• Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, Starforce Glimmer said:

"Well I don't have any money at all so sure, we can. Mcdonalds you mean, at least thats where it is where I am from. Its where all the fat people hang out at." she laughs

"Fat, you say? Well, it's not that bad here, it depends on what you eat. They have some things that are quite healthy."

We start walking through the streets of Friendshire towards the local McDaffodil's.

• Brohoof 2

@PawelS

"Well I mean theres always crying fat kids, the bathrooms are gross plus the lines are swamped by everyone's cars and the people in there are like walking planets or whales, at least thats like it is here I am from." she said with a childish, immature laugh. 

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine

Pencil looked at Samurai dumbfounded, more perplexed at herself than him.

“I, uh, hadn’t thought to display my own art. I’ve been so preoccupied trying to get everypony’s art in that I hadn’t really considered that...” she said, muttering a bit.

Looking around, she started to wonder if the exhibits she put together were underwhelming. As an example, Chelsea had an augmented aquarium room set up while all of Pencil’s exhibits that don’t rile up any of the senses but sight. She sighed in her head, wondering why she didn’t try to make the place feel more alive in the first place. Although there wasn’t much she could do about it until the first round of exhibits were over, there was one thing she could still consider.

“Donations are most definitely appreciated! As for selling, I suppose that depends on what the artists say.” she told Samurai when he mentioned the offer for financial support.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Starforce Glimmer said:

@PawelS

"Well I mean theres always crying fat kids, the bathrooms are gross plus the lines are swamped by everyone's cars and the people in there are like walking planets or whales, at least thats like it is here I am from." she said with a childish, immature laugh. 

"Well, if it reminds you of a place in your world that you don't like, then maybe we can go somewhere else..." I look around to see if there are any signs pointing to places where we can eat.

• Brohoof 2

Moments ago, Tree Song said:

"Well, if it reminds you of a place in your world that you don't like, then maybe we can go somewhere else..." I look around to see if there are any signs pointing to places where we can eat.

"I didn't say we can't check it out, now did I? Let's check it out. The worst thing that can happen is that we go somewhere else, you know?" she asked  with a bit of a softer look within her eyes.

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-05-16 at 5:01 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

As she picked up the first dart, Dynamo watched as she aimed carefully, before lobbing the dart at the balloon. He frowned as the dart had missed the balloon by just a little bit. He could hear the slight frustration in her voice as he placed a comforting hoof upon her shoulder. "It's okay and don't worry, Bluebell. There's still plenty of chances for us to hit the balloons." He smiled softly to reassure the bespectacled mare. He heard the carnie's remark as he nodded in agreement. "That's happened to me a couple of times in certain games. The idea is sound, but then luck or other things can mess up the idea." He had recalled in games where a chance had either won him the game or had him lose, but he couldn't blame chance. However, he did take the carnie's advice into account as the gaming unicorn looked at the board. Scanning his eyes across the balloons for just a moment, he took his dart and took aim. Pulling his arm back, he extended that same arm forward as he threw the dart. It was a fairly straight throw with the dart staring upwards at an angle, before it straightened out and popped one of the balloons. "There we go!" He smiled and nodded as the couple scored a point.

@Dynamo Pad @Courageous Thunder Dash

"Now th-that's what I'm talk-talking about," Bluebell exclaimed, picking up the next dart.  She aimed and lobbed the dart, and it popped a green balloon.  "Y-y-y-yesssssss!", she said, jumping up and down.  "L-l-let's d-do this!"

• Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @Dynamo Pad

The carnie clapped his hooves as he saw Bluebell pop a balloon. "Pssst. Hey, try going for the golden balloon...you'll get something really amazing, way better than any of these prizes on display." The carnie said softly to the two so others wouldn't hear. 

• Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @Courageous Thunder Dash

Dynamo smiled as he gave the carnie a thankful look and nod. He had always liked playing darts and was glad he hadn't lost his touch. He did, however, blush as he heard Bluebell's praise as he gave her a thankful look, as well. As he watched her lobbed the dart, Dynamo grinned as Bluebell had popped one of the balloons. "Alright! Nice toss and shot, Bluebell!" He cheered, pumping his front right hoof into the air. Jumping with her in celebration. Just as he was about to take his next toss, he stopped as he heard the carnie mention the golden balloon to the couple. Looking back at the balloon in question, Dynamo nodded as he looked around. Trying to keep his focus on the golden balloon, but trying to be nonchalant. "Thanks for the tip, sir. I was actually thinking of going for that next." He responded, making the same lobbed throw at the golden balloon. However, the same result had never came to be. The dart had merely bounced on the balloon, before jumping back into the air and headed towards the floor in the game stand. "Aw, man." He sighed with a slight pout, before shrugging his shoulders as his expression turned neutral. "Oh, well. I guess you can't get them all. Still, I'm surprised it bounced off like that." He whispered the last part so only Bluebell and the carnie could hear. He wasn't sure how it was possible for a balloon to not pop. He could guess that the needles on the darts were possibly dull, but they all looked fairly new. So, he wondered if there was a sort of gimmick with the balloon, or if there was something he wasn't being told. Either way, he would have to keep trying every now and then on that particular balloon.

• Brohoof 2

@Windy Breeze

Trilby tries not to blush too hard at being called sweetheart, but he does smile.

"No, it's a pretty good distance away, but according to the speedometer, we're flying as fast a wonderbolt." Trilby points out how fast the vehicle is flying. "When Thundy said he made a fast vehicle for us, he wasn't kidding!"

As they travel, they only have enough time for one snack. Trilby finishes a protein bar seconds before they arrive. Honking all the way down and going back into Car Mode, Trilby finds a less-populated street and lands, slowing down to a complete stop. Once the car is parked, Trilby gets out and hold the doors open for Shadow and Keen. "Now departing for Manehattan. Watch your step as you exit the vehicle. The red zone is for the loading and unloading of passengers only. And thank you for flying Air Haberdasher."

@ExplosionMare

Samurai smiles at Pencil's last question. "In that case, I'd like to donate a thousand bits to the museum. I want this place to be as prosperous as possible. I can all ready tell this place will bring a lot of joy to the citizens, and I can't wait to see your art displayed in it as well."

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

"OK, I hope you'll like it more than your world counterpart. It's here!" I raise my hoof to show the direction where the fast food place is located. When we enter it, we can see that there is quite a crowd inside, so we need to wait in line for several minutes. Sparkly mentioned that she has no money, so I feel that I should show some generosity to her. "Order what you want, I'll pay."

• Brohoof 2

@PawelS

Sparkly would overlook the place here and sniffs the air, it didn't smell bad like she thought and it was much better than she would have thought. She raises an eyebrow at Tree Song, and seemed nervous. "Um, you'll pay? But its your money. I'll keep my order small though. I want some fries and a chocolate shake." 

• Brohoof 2

@Starforce Glimmer

I order a bowl of mixed edible flowers, some onion rings, and a cup of apple cider. "I don't know why, but I like eating at places like this. Most of the time, we're walking through forests, and we eat whatever food supplies we have with us, and things we find on the way. But when we are in a town, I prefer simple places like this to sophisticated and fancy restaurants. My teacher prefers more traditional food, and the inn we're staying in offers just what he likes." After some waiting, we pick up our orders and go to a table.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

“R-really?” Pencil squeaked at Samurai’s offer. “Thanks, Samurai! That’s so generous of you! Um, if it makes it easier, you can write a check. I understand if you don’t wanna carry all those bits around at once.”

Pencil scurried to her office and located a check book. There were plenty of empty checks in it, so she could give one to Samurai if he needed one. She also had a pen prepared so he could create the check right here.

• Brohoof 2

@PawelS

Sparkly would follow Tree song and would sit down next to her at the table with her food and she began eating, she'd savor every bite of the food and laughed slightly. 
"I was always one for ordering out honestly, I was never that much of a home food type person. Most of the food I'd buy would come from stores anyways. I am no cook and I prefer to just eat healthy these days but going back to the old roots like we are now is entirely fine with me." she said balancing a fry on her snoot. 

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-05-18 at 6:46 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo smiled as he gave the carnie a thankful look and nod. He had always liked playing darts and was glad he hadn't lost his touch. He did, however, blush as he heard Bluebell's praise as he gave her a thankful look, as well. As he watched her lobbed the dart, Dynamo grinned as Bluebell had popped one of the balloons. "Alright! Nice toss and shot, Bluebell!" He cheered, pumping his front right hoof into the air. Jumping with her in celebration. Just as he was about to take his next toss, he stopped as he heard the carnie mention the golden balloon to the couple. Looking back at the balloon in question, Dynamo nodded as he looked around. Trying to keep his focus on the golden balloon, but trying to be nonchalant. "Thanks for the tip, sir. I was actually thinking of going for that next." He responded, making the same lobbed throw at the golden balloon. However, the same result had never came to be. The dart had merely bounced on the balloon, before jumping back into the air and headed towards the floor in the game stand. "Aw, man." He sighed with a slight pout, before shrugging his shoulders as his expression turned neutral. "Oh, well. I guess you can't get them all. Still, I'm surprised it bounced off like that." He whispered the last part so only Bluebell and the carnie could hear. He wasn't sure how it was possible for a balloon to not pop. He could guess that the needles on the darts were possibly dull, but they all looked fairly new. So, he wondered if there was a sort of gimmick with the balloon, or if there was something he wasn't being told. Either way, he would have to keep trying every now and then on that particular balloon.

On 2021-05-18 at 6:49 PM, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

"Awww, don't give up just like that...try throwing a little harder and a little more straighter..." The carnie suggested. If spin was added, it could turn the dart into a drill for a moment, which could help burst this mystery gold balloon...

Dynamo and Bluebell continued to pitch darts at the ballon board, especially at the gold balloon, sometimes hitting, sometimes missing, but never quite popping the gold balloon.  Bluebell lobbed her last dart, and barely missed.  "It's-it's down t-to you, Dynamo," she said.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

As the couple continued to play the balloon dart stand, they were each making some good progress in their combined efforts. Dynamo had hit a good amount of balloons, but was still unable to pop the golden balloon. He had tried once or twice to try and figure out the correct angle or way to pop said balloon. It looked as if Bluebell was sharing the same thought process as even she had tried to attack the golden balloon. As it was down to his last dart, Dynamo nodded as he heard Bluebell's remark. He even took the advice of the carnie pony into account. 'Throwing it with more force and a little more straighter, huh?' He thought, before an idea had come to mind. Nodding at his plan, the gaming unicorn fidgeted slightly in his spot. A little nervous at what he was about to do, but he felt a bit of confidence swelling in his heart. Without giving her time to think, Dynamo leaned over and kissed Bluebell's cheek. "For luck." He simply stated, smiling softly with a noticeable blush upon his cheeks. Taking a deep breath, he pulled back his right forehoof, before ultimately letting go of the dart. As he tossed said dart forward, he twisted his hoof to give the dart a bit of a spin. As the dart flew straight towards the golden balloon, Dynamo gasped as he suddenly heard the noise of a double 'pop.' The golden balloon looked to have exploded twice as it was finally removed from the board. Signaling that both Dynamo and Bluebell had succeeded in their attempts to achieve the ultimate prize. "W-We did it..." He shook slightly as he almost didn't want to believe it, before grinning as he jumped into the air. "YES! We did it! HUZZAH!" He exclaimed with a chuckle.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @Dynamo Pad

The carnie watched in anticipation as Dynamo aimed for the golden balloon. "This is it fillies and gentlecolts. This is for the big prize!" The carnie announced. "Can I get a drum roll?" He asked. A drum roll started. The carnie watched as Dynamo took aim and threw the dart. He saw as the dart pierced through the double balloon. "Fillies and gentlecolts! We have a grand winner! You've just won the ultimate prize!" The carnie announced. "You two, follow me." He said pointing to Dynamo and Bluebell. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

I start eating my food. The onion rings are not bad, but they are probably the least healthy part of the meal.

"So, what do you want to do in this town?" I ask with a smile, hoping to find out more about this mysterious mare. We met before, but I still don't know much about her, except that she's from another world.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 2021-05-22 at 5:35 PM, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

The carnie watched in anticipation as Dynamo aimed for the golden balloon. "This is it fillies and gentlecolts. This is for the big prize!" The carnie announced. "Can I get a drum roll?" He asked. A drum roll started. The carnie watched as Dynamo took aim and threw the dart. He saw as the dart pierced through the double balloon. "Fillies and gentlecolts! We have a grand winner! You've just won the ultimate prize!" The carnie announced. "You two, follow me." He said pointing to Dynamo and Bluebell. 

"Th-th-this is exiting," said Bluebell while  she and Dynamo followed the carnie.

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Dynamo thought he had heard the sound of a drum roll playing as he was winding up to throwing his dart. However, his ears perked as the carnie had announced that both he and Bluebell had won the ultimate prize. "Y-Yes, sir." He would say, before he and the bespectacled mare had followed the carnie. "You can say that again, Bluebell. I guess it was all a flick in the wrist, or a different way of throwing the dart. Either way, it's so awesome that we were able to do what seemed like the impossible. You were awesome as always, Bluebell." He would say, blushing slightly as he remembered that he had kissed her. While it was on the cheek, he hoped that he didn't cause any trouble with his date.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare

Samurai tries to reach out to Pencil, but she goes off before he can stop her. So he waits instead, and when she comes back, Samurai is a little confused. "Ehh... Gomen Pencil-chan, but how do these checks work exactly? It's really no big deal. With a single clap, I can summon a kuroko and have a bag of bits for you in seconds. They are better at managing my funds when I don't need to."

• Brohoof 2