Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Windy Breeze

Raze quickly looked away at Delight, blushing slightly.

"A-ah, uhhh... yep! Definitely. They were really good and... stuff," he stammered, his eyes darting back and forth from her to a spot on the ground. He shook his head, then rubbed his temple with his left hoof.

"Anyway... I think the time has come for me to leave. Don't wanna overstay my welcome and all that... I know I've said the before, but I really appreciate you letting me stay here for the night. I don't think I've slept that good in a while." He smiled at her.

(edited)

@Windy Breeze

Trilby thinks about it. "Well, if the school is okay with it... And they probably will be... I guess we could always buy some supplies from a local contractor. I'm sorry if this wasn't the lively scene you were expecting, Shadow. Ever since the two mayors split up, every pony has just been waiting for something to happen, something that will make this town happier. Even the teachers at this school don't know what they're doing half of the time; they could really use some help. I stay in touch with one of the mayors, and he's usually very nice, but I've heard the other mayor is a very angry pony." Trilby says.

Edited by Samurai Equine

10 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"Good morning, Samurai. What's up and how are you doing?" He asks, nodding at the mention of magic training. "Eeyup and that's right. After the whole false alarm, I felt it would be good to learn how to defend myself. If I ever got stuck in a similar situation in the future. That, and it would be good for me to learn how to get a better control of my magic, as well. Oh, that reminds me." He says, levitating the book he rented from the library. "I managed to find a book on Mistmane's village. I was wondering if you had seen this book before. I didn't get the chance to read through it, but I'm thinking that there might be something that relates to my family history." He knew it was a stretch, but it was better to ask than to not ask at all.

At the mention of the puzzle box, Dynamo nodded, yet tilted his head slightly. "A puzzle box? I don't think I ever heard you mention that before. What does this box do exactly?" He wondered, never heard about a puzzle box before. However, it seemed interesting to help out in solving.

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Pastel screech to a stop in her step. He looked behind her to give her a smile. "Good morning, Pastel. I'm glad to see that you were awake. You seemed awake earlier, but tired at the same time. I know we all stayed out late at the restaurant, but I think we all had to get home sooner or later." He also remembered staying up to watch a bit of anime along side Pastel, before turning in for the evening. "Glad to see that the weather in Las Pegasus is pretty fair. How's the weather forecast for Friendshire? Any chance for a lovely sunny day, or are we on the lookout for possibly a crazy change in weather?" He would ask with a slight chuckle.

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine

Astral waved farewell to Samurai, making sure to remember the name 'Trilby Hatter'. For the moment, after everything Dynamo had done for him, he was ready to do something in return.

"Alright then Dynamo. If you're ready, today we can begin your training. While I do know lot of spells, I think it would be best to start with some basic combat magic. Sound good?"

@Pastel Heart

Astral turned down to see that Pastel had tagged along with Dynamo, it seemed like the two were inseparable. Remembering his words from the evening prior, Astral knew he had to make amends.

"Good morning to you as well Pastel. Listen, I apologize if you were offended from what I said last night. I just didn't want to cause any trouble."

@Samurai Equine

Pastel raised her hoof to try and bump Samurai's hoof, but was... just short, as one would predict. She jumped up and down until she finally reached Samurai's level and hoof bumped him. Satisfied, she lands with a hoof raised.

"Haha!~ I passed your trial!"

She ended up gawking at the box he was showing Dynamo, eyes sparkling. She wasn't saying anything as not to interrupt, but the nosy filly was definitely paying attention to this Key Item.

@Astral Vision

"Huh? What did you say last night?"

...Looks like she'd already forgotten. Atleast she wasn't the type to dwell on things.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad, @Astral Vision, @Pastel Heart

Samurai was about to lower his hoof, but Pastel rose to the challenge. "Buck yeah! That's my favorite filly!" He praises her success.

But it seems Dynamo and Pastel are leaving to spend time with Astral, so he waves them farewell. The day is still young and he has a few missions to complete.

@Jack Baker

On his own once more, Samurai keeps walking until he is in the neighborhood Raze is in. "This seems right, but I can't remember which house it was... Maybe if I wait here, Raze will just show up on his own?" Samurai says to himself. He thinks about knocking on some doors, including Sundae Delight's house, but he doesn't want to annoy any pony in case he picked the wrong house.

@Windy Breeze

Trilby put a hoof on her back to try and comfort Shadow. "The mayors? Well, they were brothers that use to be very close. Once upon a time, when they built this city, they wanted it to be a great place for friendship. But places like Ponyville became more popular, and ponies were having a hard time finding this place. From what I understand, the two of them had a disagreement about how to run the town, so they split ways. The town hasn't been the same ever since."

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

@Dynamo Pad

Pencil set her desserts down on her plate and thought for a moment.

“Well, in terms of hospitality it’s pretty similar to where I come from. I live in Sire’s Hollow, which is this small village that’s trying to make itself bigger if you haven’t heard of it. I will say that we don’t have as many events as Friendshire, though. We’re still trying to ‘modernize’ more before we start throwing a bunch of parties,” she replied.

Pencil continued to follow Dynamo around the buffet along with Pastel. She noticed that each of Dynamo’s desserts had two spoons in them, which she had to admit was pretty sweet of him for sharing with the filly. She continued to look around for more food but stayed close to Dynamo, making sure she didn’t get lost.

"I know it's not the same, but the town does sound familiar to me. Have you ever read the Harry Trotter books? If so, then there was a town in the book series called Godric's Hollow. I wonder if the author had gotten inspiration from your village." Dynamo wondered as he shrugged his shoulders. "You can say that again on the events as it's the same for me. My hometown was in Fillydelphia. The only kind of events we had were parade floats from time to time. It depended on the holiday and everything, but still. It still has nothing on Friendshire in terms of festivals. When you say 'modernize,' do you mean that your village is sort of old fashioned, or something along those lines? Such as it hasn't caught up to the times, but is becoming more like modern towns? Sort of like the town Las Pegasus with all of their attractions and buildings." He waited as Pencil continued to look around for more food. All the while, staying close to Pencil and Pastel so he could lead them back towards the group's table. That way, nobody would become lost in the restaurant. 

16 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Hmm..."

She looked up at the sky blankly for a few seconds. Clearly this ones talent wasn't being a meteorologist.

"Looks sunny, with a chance of wind! Chance of a time travel related F5 tornado wiping this place out is close to 0... probably!"

Dynamo tilted his head as he waited to hear Pastel's weather forecast for the day. "It does look like a pretty sunny day." He says, looking up to barely see a cloud in the sky. "With nice weather like this, you can imagine a nice cool breeze to appear from time to time. Also, time travel related tornadoes? Now that's what we call powerful, windy weather. Glad to know the chance is low to practically zero." He chuckled, while not being sure if such winds truly existed or not.

15 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Astral Vision, @Dynamo Pad, @Pastel Heart

"Good morning, Pastel. It's good to see you too. Still as energetic as always, I see." Samurai offers Pastel a high hoof bump.

He also looks at the book Dynamo has. Using his magic, he lifts it closer, quickly scans some of the pages, then gives it back to Dynamo. "It looks like a pretty good start, but feel free to ask me anything if this book doesn't answer all your questions. After all, I came from her home village, so I can easily fill in the finer details on her history or on my culture." He then hears him mention the box. "I didn't? Huh... Could have sworn I did... In that case," Samurai pulls out his magic puzzle box. "This is the Laronde Box. It's a magic puzzle box. When I solve it, the two mayors will be reunited, and the town will return to the festive locale that it use to be. So far, I've only gotten two steps closer, but the box hasn't completely opened yet."

Dynamo allowed Samurai to take the book, while waiting patiently as the asian pony quickly scanned through the contents of said book. "That's reassuring to hear. I remember stumbling upon this book in the library the other day as I helped Astral. I thought it would be pretty good research material as it could help dig up answers on my family history. I know that if I have any questions, then I'll be sure to go to you. It would be nice to learn more about Mistmane and her home village." He smiled as Samurai gave him the book back. He shook his head as he was questioned about the box. He soon listened intently as the asian pony began to explain the box and the history of the two mayor's. "I think I read a story about a puzzle box before, but this is the first time that I've ever seen one. So, when it's solved, then the two mayor's will be reunited and the town will return to normal? That sounds like a tall order to solve on such a mystery. However, I can try and see if there's a way to help in solving this. Speaking of which, I was wondering something. How did you happen to stumble upon this puzzle box in the first place?" He wondered as that would probably provide a clue for the group. 

5 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine

Astral waved farewell to Samurai, making sure to remember the name 'Trilby Hatter'. For the moment, after everything Dynamo had done for him, he was ready to do something in return.

"Alright then Dynamo. If you're ready, today we can begin your training. While I do know lot of spells, I think it would be best to start with some basic combat magic. Sound good?"

@Pastel Heart

Astral turned down to see that Pastel had tagged along with Dynamo, it seemed like the two were inseparable. Remembering his words from the evening prior, Astral knew he had to make amends.

"Good morning to you as well Pastel. Listen, I apologize if you were offended from what I said last night. I just didn't want to cause any trouble."

The gamer pony soon turned his attention back towards Astral, before nodding at the mention of magic training. "Okay and that sounds like a plan. It's why I brought the book as maybe that would help in learning magic control. I do know about the laster spell, shield, light spell and levitation, but they aren't as strong as a normal unicorn's abilities are." He admitted with a slight blush in embarrassment. Although, he knew it would be brought up sooner or later as he had flaws that needed to be improved upon. 

4 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

"Huh? What did you say last night?"

...Looks like she'd already forgotten. Atleast she wasn't the type to dwell on things.

He listened as Astral apologized to Pastel. All the while, remembering what had happened the night before at the restaurant. "I think Astral means that he wanted to apologize about what he had said last night. I believe it was something about not saying scary stories in worry of scaring you." He says, bringing up the subject to light. All the while, trying to help make things be understood without any trouble bring brought with it.

1 hour ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Dynamo Pad, @Astral Vision, @Pastel Heart

Samurai was about to lower his hoof, but Pastel rose to the challenge. "Buck yeah! That's my favorite filly!" He praises her success.

But it seems Dynamo and Pastel are leaving to spend time with Astral, so he waves them farewell. The day is still young and he has a few missions to complete.

Dynamo's ears perked as his jaw dropped in shock over what he had heard. "Woah! Watch the language. We have a filly present with us, Samurai!" He exclaimed, staying silent for a moment, before chuckling to himself. "Okay. I couldn't keep a straight face like that. I can be like that too as I have my moments of immaturity." He chuckled once more as he waved as his retreating friend. Noticing that it was just Pastel, Astral and himself that were left. "So, Astral. Where did you want to go practice magic at? Do you have any place in mind in town?"

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"I know it's not the same, but the town does sound familiar to me. Have you ever read the Harry Trotter books? If so, then there was a town in the book series called Godric's Hollow. I wonder if the author had gotten inspiration from your village." Dynamo wondered as he shrugged his shoulders. "You can say that again on the events as it's the same for me. My hometown was in Fillydelphia. The only kind of events we had were parade floats from time to time. It depended on the holiday and everything, but still. It still has nothing on Friendshire in terms of festivals. When you say 'modernize,' do you mean that your village is sort of old fashioned, or something along those lines? Such as it hasn't caught up to the times, but is becoming more like modern towns? Sort of like the town Las Pegasus with all of their attractions and buildings." He waited as Pencil continued to look around for more food. All the while, staying close to Pencil and Pastel so he could lead them back towards the group's table. That way, nobody would become lost in the restaurant. 

Dynamo tilted his head as he waited to hear Pastel's weather forecast for the day. "It does look like a pretty sunny day." He says, looking up to barely see a cloud in the sky. "With nice weather like this, you can imagine a nice cool breeze to appear from time to time. Also, time travel related tornadoes? Now that's what we call powerful, windy weather. Glad to know the chance is low to practically zero." He chuckled, while not being sure if such winds truly existed or not.

Dynamo allowed Samurai to take the book, while waiting patiently as the asian pony quickly scanned through the contents of said book. "That's reassuring to hear. I remember stumbling upon this book in the library the other day as I helped Astral. I thought it would be pretty good research material as it could help dig up answers on my family history. I know that if I have any questions, then I'll be sure to go to you. It would be nice to learn more about Mistmane and her home village." He smiled as Samurai gave him the book back. He shook his head as he was questioned about the box. He soon listened intently as the asian pony began to explain the box and the history of the two mayor's. "I think I read a story about a puzzle box before, but this is the first time that I've ever seen one. So, when it's solved, then the two mayor's will be reunited and the town will return to normal? That sounds like a tall order to solve on such a mystery. However, I can try and see if there's a way to help in solving this. Speaking of which, I was wondering something. How did you happen to stumble upon this puzzle box in the first place?" He wondered as that would probably provide a clue for the group. 

The gamer pony soon turned his attention back towards Astral, before nodding at the mention of magic training. "Okay and that sounds like a plan. It's why I brought the book as maybe that would help in learning magic control. I do know about the laster spell, shield, light spell and levitation, but they aren't as strong as a normal unicorn's abilities are." He admitted with a slight blush in embarrassment. Although, he knew it would be brought up sooner or later as he had flaws that needed to be improved upon. 

He listened as Astral apologized to Pastel. All the while, remembering what had happened the night before at the restaurant. "I think Astral means that he wanted to apologize about what he had said last night. I believe it was something about not saying scary stories in worry of scaring you." He says, bringing up the subject to light. All the while, trying to help make things be understood without any trouble bring brought with it.

Dynamo's ears perked as his jaw dropped in shock over what he had heard. "Woah! Watch the language. We have a filly present with us, Samurai!" He exclaimed, staying silent for a moment, before chuckling to himself. "Okay. I couldn't keep a straight face like that. I can be like that too as I have my moments of immaturity." He chuckled once more as he waved as his retreating friend. Noticing that it was just Pastel, Astral and himself that were left. "So, Astral. Where did you want to go practice magic at? Do you have any place in mind in town?"

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel Heart

Astral was disappointed that Dynamo continued to have low self esteem, though he knew developing magic capabilities would help to raise his confidence.

"Well it's good that you know a lot of basic spells. If you're worried about them not being up to standard, no big deal. That's what practice is for. Now, I can name lots of spells off the top of my head, but would you feel more comfortable learning by the book? If so, you and Pastel will have to come with me to my cart. I've got plenty of magic books in there."  Astral then quickly disappeared in a burst of magic, only to re manifest right between Dynamo and Pastel seconds later.

"It could be fun, but the choice is yours. That goes for you too Pastel." Astral said with a smile.

@Samurai Equine

Pastel bounced up and down, giggling happily as she was praised. She waited for headpats... but he was leaving already. Oh well. He owed her, she thought as she waved.

"Byyyeee Sami!"

@Dynamo Pad @Astral Vision

"Mhmm! I played a game like that! I love the ending!"

As she heard Dynamo correct Samurai on his words, she waved her hoof dismissively and giggled.

"Oh please~ You should hear how grandpa talks! Oh! Speaking of-- I wrote him! I dunno how long it'll take for it to get there, but I bet he'll flip when he sees it! Maybe he'll even visit!"

...Something about the idea of a pony like that visiting Friendshire sounds ominous.

She seemed to shrug off what happened last night as well.

"No worries! Just don't treat me like I'm helpless, got it? I'm a certified heroine of this story! And I dunno much about magic, being an earth pony and all, but I'll come with! Especially if it gets us closer to solving the mayor mystery."

@Windy Breeze

"Nah, I think I'll be good on food," Raze said to her as he stood up. "You've done more than enough for me already." He waved his hoof once. "Take care, then."

He walked out the door and made his way back to the town, looking around and taking in the sights.

@Windy Breeze

“Farewell, Mr. Raze” Delight said as she watch Raze walk away “I'm gonna miss that stallion soooo much” she said to herself before closing the door. She walk to the kitchen and wash the plate and the two mugs which she and Raze used, smiling. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad, @Astral Vision

Samurai knew he didn't need to explain too much to Dynamo about the origins of the Laronde Box, at least not yet. He all ready explained everything to Astral, and Astral will explain it further. If necessary, Samurai will answer any further questions he has afterwards. Although, he was confused why Dynamo reacted so strongly to the 'Buck Yeah' comment. Was this a western pony thing? In asian pony lands, there is no such thing as taboo or forbidden words. Forbidden magic; maybe. But words? Not really.

@Jack Baker

As Raze takes to the streets, he soon runs into the same samurai pony from last night. "Oh! Raze! There you are. I've been looking for you. I've got a surprise for you."

@Windy Breeze

Trilby smirks but shakes his head. "Sorry sweetheart, but I can't tell ya. As the secretary for one of the mayors, I promised not to give away too much information without his approval. Afraid I can't tell you why they don't make public appearances. But if you're lucky, I might be able to convince the mayor to see you. He trusts me, so if I tell him you're cool, he might believe me." Trilby explains.

"...By the way, why did you want to come see all this? Do you like children? Do you want to be a mother some day?" Trilby asks Shadow.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

Astral was disappointed that Dynamo continued to have low self esteem, though he knew developing magic capabilities would help to raise his confidence.

"Well it's good that you know a lot of basic spells. If you're worried about them not being up to standard, no big deal. That's what practice is for. Now, I can name lots of spells off the top of my head, but would you feel more comfortable learning by the book? If so, you and Pastel will have to come with me to my cart. I've got plenty of magic books in there."  Astral then quickly disappeared in a burst of magic, only to re manifest right between Dynamo and Pastel seconds later.

"It could be fun, but the choice is yours. That goes for you too Pastel." Astral said with a smile.

"Glad to know that the power of the spells I can cast aren't that big of a deal. Practicing to make them stronger is what's important, after all. It's nice knowing a few spells off the top of your head, but I think it would be good to go by the book. Since I have my book from the library, then we can compare and contrast on what spells are more frequent than others." He blinked as Astral quickly disappeared, before he almost jumped at the pony reappearing between himself and Pastel. "Why do I sense the feeling of a trend going on? Even though we met a few days ago. I feel as if you tend to do that teleport and reappearing a lot." He got over his initial shock with a chuckle. "You know what? Why not? I think it would be fun to look through the multiple spell books. Of course, it's all up to Pastel on where she wants to go too."

8 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

"Mhmm! I played a game like that! I love the ending!"

As she heard Dynamo correct Samurai on his words, she waved her hoof dismissively and giggled.

"Oh please~ You should hear how grandpa talks! Oh! Speaking of-- I wrote him! I dunno how long it'll take for it to get there, but I bet he'll flip when he sees it! Maybe he'll even visit!"

...Something about the idea of a pony like that visiting Friendshire sounds ominous.

She seemed to shrug off what happened last night as well.

"No worries! Just don't treat me like I'm helpless, got it? I'm a certified heroine of this story! And I dunno much about magic, being an earth pony and all, but I'll come with! Especially if it gets us closer to solving the mayor mystery."

"Was there a video game mentioned? I don't recall saying anything about a game. Although, I'm curious what you liked about the ending. Since I wonder if the game had multiple endings or alternate endings." He wondered, before chuckling at Pastel's response. "I can imagine he says a lot of things that aren't exactly necessary to be said. Also, that's awesome that you got to write a letter for him. Were you able to get the letter sent? I can only imagine what his reaction would be like when he gets the letter. It has been about three days since we made it to Friendshire." He would say, nodding in agreement about working together to solve the mayor mystery.

@Samurai Equine

“Yeah, I really love children and I do plan to have foals of my own someday” Shadow confessed, smiling warmly at Trilby before looking at one of the foals around them “One of my boss from an Organization known as Foalcare told me how special are the foals are and that they should be treated nicely. I was ordered to go to a town where several foals had gone missing and my mission is to take photographs and return to my boss” she look back at Trilby “It seemed your mayor haven't notice how... rotten the playground are” 

• Brohoof 1

Glad to hear eagerness from both ponies, Astral began to lead the two through the town, until they eventually came across a parked travel cart. The roof was tiled blue, and a light brown glaze adorned the wooden exterior. Clearly, somepony had been polishing it.

"There she is, home sweet home. It might be a little bit cramped, but do feel free to come in." Astral then opened the door and walked inside. There was a bed inside, a folding travel table, and even a small wardrobe. However, the most impressive sight was the large bookshelf leaning against the wall, there had to be at least 50 books piled.

"Don't worry, I always keep these organized. Now let me see... Creature manuals, Equestrian folktales, Canterlot Magi..-AH! Here we go." Astral used his magic to pick a book off the shelf; the book seemed old and worn out, as if it had been read thousands of times.

"Now then, if we're going to practice your combat magic Dynamo, there's one spell here I should teach you that isn't just for combat. Now, with most spells, it's a matter of utilizing mental power to invoke the magic. But for beginners, it can be better to revise the spell out loud, similar to your Harry Trotter novels. Once you master the spell, you won't need to say it out loud anymore, though some still do for dramatic effect." Astral then flipped to a random page in the book, and began to chant an unknown spell.

"Cornu lumine praediti, celare a facie mea!" Astral then vanished into thin air, but it didn't seem like he had teleported again.

@Dynamo Pad

As she walked with the pair to the next quest, Pastel gave a troubled looking smile.

"In that game... The heroine controls time and does her best to solve a big mystery, like this one; and... in the end she has to choose between the destruction of her home, and her friends, or the one she loves... after going through so much to save her... as much as I'd love to be a heroine, I hope I never have to make a choice like that. But... I like the ending where she saves her. True love conquers all, right? Nyahaha."

Looks like that story impacted her greatly. She was cheered up by the end of her laugh, however forced it was.

"Dunno how long it'll take, but I think grandpa will burst out of his chair! Last time I ran off somewhere strange he kind of-- went to said place, made a huge scene and caused about 200 bits in property damage, but that probably won't happen this time!"

...Probably?

@Astral Vision

Pastel dashed in and looked around, eyes wide as beach balls.

"Woaaahh, so many books! Even Twilight would be jealous!"

She looked at both Astral and Dynamo before shrugging.

"This is unicorn magic stuff right? I'm pretty useless here, so-- I'll just watch! I LOVE magic!"

With that, she swipes a few random books off the shelves without Astrals consent and makes a seat out of them, watching intently.

@Dynamo Pad

Pencil shook her head.

“I’ve never read those books before. I’m not even sure if we have it since we mainly have a lot of historical books in our library,” she told Dynamo. She paused for a moment and waited for him to respond.

He seemed unsure of what she meant by modernization, which was fair considering most towns had already gone through the process. Pencil pondered a moment and tried to think back to what her town had actually achieved so far. She wasn’t great about town histories, but she had basic knowledge of her homeland.

“Our town likes to stay historical with its old books and its museums, but it wants to expand a little more for tourism. One pony tried to set up a smoothie shop but it’s not quite enough to create an expansion. Somepony mentioned building a giant mall but we don’t have room for it. Sire’s Hollow is a small town, after all,” Pencil clarified. She tried to think of more, but she decided just to leave it at that and relocate the table her group had sat at.

2 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad

As she walked with the pair to the next quest, Pastel gave a troubled looking smile.

"In that game... The heroine controls time and does her best to solve a big mystery, like this one; and... in the end she has to choose between the destruction of her home, and her friends, or the one she loves... after going through so much to save her... as much as I'd love to be a heroine, I hope I never have to make a choice like that. But... I like the ending where she saves her. True love conquers all, right? Nyahaha."

Looks like that story impacted her greatly. She was cheered up by the end of her laugh, however forced it was.

"Dunno how long it'll take, but I think grandpa will burst out of his chair! Last time I ran off somewhere strange he kind of-- went to said place, made a huge scene and caused about 200 bits in property damage, but that probably won't happen this time!"

...Probably?

@Astral Vision

"This is unicorn magic stuff right? I'm pretty useless here, so-- I'll just watch! I LOVE magic!"

With that, she swipes a few random books off the shelves without Astrals consent and makes a seat out of them, watching intently.

What the other two didn't know was that Astral had, in fact, conjured a spell that made him invisible. Since he wanted to give Dynamo and Pastel a hint of the spell he used, Astral decided to have a bit of fun. He snuck up behind Pastel, lifted her into the air, and began making silly noises.

"Wooooo... Dynamo, I am a spooky ghost. Wooooo..." Astral struggled not to burst out laughing, as he feared he might drop Pastel by accident.

(edited)

@Jack Baker

"Actually, it is." Samurai reassures him before taking the lead.

After some much walking, Samurai shows it to him. "Ta-da! It's a business building just for you. You said that you were a mercenary, correct? Well, now your business has a central location. Makes it much easier for customers to find you. What do you think?"

@Windy Breeze

Trilby was half joking when he asked that question, but now he finds himself blushing and inspired. He coughs. "Right, come along then." He takes Shadow's hoof in his own. "We're going to make this school MUCH better! I think i can donate a few playground supplies."

@Kronos the Revenant

As Kronos plays, a group of random citizen ponies walk up to him. "Excuse me sir, could we have a moment of your time?"

Edited by Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine

Raze's eyes widened at the sight of the building.

"Sweet Celestia above..." he remarked, taking two steps forward. "I said half a payment... not a full one times three..." He looked at Samurai.

"I'm not sure what I can do to repay you for this... besides getting the job done... but you have my word I'll take that spirit down... even more so now that I have a place to stay and plan out things. You have my thanks." He smiled at him, then looked back at the house.

"But seriously... how'd you do this in such a short amount of time? Usually these type of things take ages to build, let alone design..."

7 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

@Dynamo Pad

Pencil shook her head.

“I’ve never read those books before. I’m not even sure if we have it since we mainly have a lot of historical books in our library,” she told Dynamo. She paused for a moment and waited for him to respond.

He seemed unsure of what she meant by modernization, which was fair considering most towns had already gone through the process. Pencil pondered a moment and tried to think back to what her town had actually achieved so far. She wasn’t great about town histories, but she had basic knowledge of her homeland.

“Our town likes to stay historical with its old books and its museums, but it wants to expand a little more for tourism. One pony tried to set up a smoothie shop but it’s not quite enough to create an expansion. Somepony mentioned building a giant mall but we don’t have room for it. Sire’s Hollow is a small town, after all,” Pencil clarified. She tried to think of more, but she decided just to leave it at that and relocate the table her group had sat at.

"Oh, I see." Dynamo responded with a nod. "With a library like that, I guess it's more about historical section. I suppose there might be other sections in said library, but I guess I would have to visit the town sometime." He would say, taking note of Pencil's description of her town. "I can understand that. Considering that a smoothie shop is more about opening up new business, instead of creating of expansion. It would work well in a mall, but then you'd have to think of renovation if you mentioned Sire's Hollow being a small town. It seems like the town wants to be two different things, but to overall have a sort of end goal. To be modernized like other places in Equestria, but to stay old to have that historical value. I think that's pretty cool when you think about it." He smiled, following Pencil as the group made their way back towards their table. 

12 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

Glad to hear eagerness from both ponies, Astral began to lead the two through the town, until they eventually came across a parked travel cart. The roof was tiled blue, and a light brown glaze adorned the wooden exterior. Clearly, somepony had been polishing it.

"There she is, home sweet home. It might be a little bit cramped, but do feel free to come in." Astral then opened the door and walked inside. There was a bed inside, a folding travel table, and even a small wardrobe. However, the most impressive sight was the large bookshelf leaning against the wall, there had to be at least 50 books piled.

"Don't worry, I always keep these organized. Now let me see... Creature manuals, Equestrian folktales, Canterlot Magi..-AH! Here we go." Astral used his magic to pick a book off the shelf; the book seemed old and worn out, as if it had been read thousands of times.

"Now then, if we're going to practice your combat magic Dynamo, there's one spell here I should teach you that isn't just for combat. Now, with most spells, it's a matter of utilizing mental power to invoke the magic. But for beginners, it can be better to revise the spell out loud, similar to your Harry Trotter novels. Once you master the spell, you won't need to say it out loud anymore, though some still do for dramatic effect." Astral then flipped to a random page in the book, and began to chant an unknown spell.

"Cornu lumine praediti, celare a facie mea!" Astral then vanished into thin air, but it didn't seem like he had teleported again.

After a bit of walking, Dynamo took notice of a parked travel cart around town. The roof was blue and tiled, while sporting a brown glazed wooden exterior. "So, this is your home, huh? I never really had a traveling home, but this looks really impressive. It goes to show that you've taken a lot of time and effort into this caravan." He smiled, walking into said home as Astral ushered the group inside. The home was a bit cramped, but there was enough space for him and Pastel to walk through. "Glad to know that you keep everything organized. I tend to do the same, but sometimes I forget to clean up the storm of a mess that is my video games." He chuckled as Astral looked through the books he had in a stack. He took notice of one book that seemed old and worn out. All the while wondering what kind of books Astral had pointed out were about. "That book looks to be a prized possession. I'm guessing it's a good read from time to time?" He wondered, remembering having his own prized collections in both games and stuffed animals. 

"A spell that isn't just for combat? I wonder what kind of spell would do something like that. I never knew that calling out the spell would help in the incantation. My mother would always tell me to look within myself and call upon the magic. It's what she would always do whenever she used her magic for dancing." His eyes widened slightly in realization as the Harry Trotter books were probably similar to actual spell casting. He held back a chuckle on the mention of dramatic effect. He could understand as some video game character would do something like that. As he listened to the incantation, the gamer pony narrowed his eyes slightly as he tried to decipher the words. He didn't have time as Astral had vanished into thin air. Almost as if he had teleported once again. "W-What the..." He looked around, while blinking in surprise. "H-He just disappeared. Did he just teleport? You normally hear the poof from when you teleport."

10 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad

...Probably?

@Astral Vision

Dynamo turned back to Pastel as she described the premise of the game. He thought for a moment as the game sounded even more familiar to the blue unicorn. "Do you happen to know the name of this game? To be honest, it sounds like a crossover between the Prince of Persia and Shadow of the Colossus. Both games are pretty unique in their own right and provide interesting gameplay." He smiled, before nodding in understanding. "I hope you won't have to make that choice either. I can't imagine having to make a choice like that. Glad to know that the heroine did save her loved on in the end. Sort of reminds me of Salior Moon where true love and justice conquers all."

He almost had a forlorn look as the difficult choice reminded him of his family, in a way. It wasn't the same choice, but to be put in that position would be almost too much to bare. The look was almost unreadable as he shook his head to shake away any sort of worry in his heart. "It seems like your grandpa is the kind of pony who's actions speak louder than words. Thank you for the warning and hopefully he won't go that far. I'd be worried if he damaged our home and/or the arcade. I could only imagine how long it would take to get some new arcade and gaming machines, as well." He chuckled sheepishly as he didn't want to put that thought to the test.

He watched as the young filly swiped a few random books, before using them as stacked seat. "You're not useless, Pastel. I thought Earth Ponies have magic too, but it's more about physical strength and being in tune with the earth. Also, you know about Princess Twilight?" He whistled as he thought that was both awesome and very impressive.

8 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

What the other two didn't know was that Astral had, in fact, conjured a spell that made him invisible. Since he wanted to give Dynamo and Pastel a hint of the spell he used, Astral decided to have a bit of fun. He snuck up behind Pastel, lifted her into the air, and began making silly noises.

"Wooooo... Dynamo, I am a spooky ghost. Wooooo..." Astral struggled not to burst out laughing, as he feared he might drop Pastel by accident.

3 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Astral Vision

"Woah woah woah!"

Pastel helplessly flailed her legs around. She wasn't sure what was happening so she just squirmed frantically.

"Foalnapping ghost! Foalnapping ghost! Somepony get a flashlight and a vacuum!"

Dynamo's ears perked, while his eyes shrank in shock to Pastel floating. "Pastel! You're floating in mid air? How in the world are you doing that?" He asks in shock, before seeing her flailing her legs and squirming to break free. "Hold on, Pastel! I'll help save you!" He reached out to help grab Pastel and to try and pull her away from whatever had it's hold over her. "Oh, I wish I had Luigi's flashlight and poltergust 3,000. Then, I would be able to stun and defeat the ghost like in the video games." He heard the silly noises, but he raised an eyebrow as something didn't add up. "Wait a minute. The only ponies that know my name right now are Pastel, Samurai, Astral and Pencil. Samurai just left and I haven't seen Pencil today. Pastel is with me, so the only one left is Astral. The only problem is that he's not here." He could almost feel his brain begin to fry in confusion as to what was going on. "Hey, Astral? Are you still there?" 

• Brohoof 2