Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Ragland Tiger @Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine

Thundy saw as Dynamo's pendant started to glow. He gasped. "Bluebell is near." He said as he hurried after Dynamo, making sure that he and Bluebell would get to each other successfully amidst the crowds. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

“Yes, I do. But....” Mirabelle looks away from them, her tensed expression weakening, sighing, “Keen was the first to actually care about me and so am I to her. As my name suggest, I'm a florist, however, I am a huge failure with flowers and my business never flourished”

“Everything was all becoming blue for me. Then, I met Keen Fan” she looks at Keen still with a cold expression, “What did she first introduced herself? Mm, 'the most awesome earth pony gamer in all of Equestria'” she continued her speech without any interrupted from Shadow and Keen, a smile slowly forming and her negative expression vanishing into a look which clearly says it's owner is having flashbacks of good nostalgic memories, “since then, I started going to conventions and parties, finding new friends. Meanwhile, with all the stress and doubts I had gone, my business suddenly started to gain customers. Then, before I knew it, Keen started advertising outside my shop with a very ridiculous sign attached to her chest.

”but long after, that day fate has taken my friend from me had come" she finally put her gaze at the group, “Keen lost a writing contest, I made the excuse to go to a public bathroom, but my real intention was to surprise her a cotton candy. However, when I came back, everyone was gathering around her as she lay on the group, convulsing, foam coming out of her mouth. She was rushed to the hospital, then four days later, she ran away"

“Therefore,” before they knew it, Mirabelle violently pushed Trilby aside and approaches Keen, “We have a secret you have never told everypony since it's only one of its kind. What is your favorite special game?”

Keen smiled, knowing the answer “Mass Effect!”

Mirabelle turned to Shadow, “Do you know that?"

“No” Shadow simply replied. Satisfied, she turned to Trilby.

“How about you, professional hat maker extraordinaire. Do you know Mass Effect?”

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine

Kronos disregarded Flash’s remarks about him destroying the arena. If he recalls, they can cause as much damage to the ring as they wish, just not destroy the stadium itself with anything over the top. 

Suddenly, he felt his legs getting kicked from behind and he began to fall forward. Kronos quickly set his swords into his arms and set them into the ring. He then popped two more swords at his legs and propped himself up, becoming a crude insectoid looking thing. He quickly scuttled towards Flash with his sword limbs piercing the ground as he yelled “THOUSAND CUTS!!”

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Windy Breeze

Well, she really read him well. The humble hat maker was not a fighter nor a soldier. Mirabelle had an easy time pushing him out the way, but much to her surprise, Trilby hugs her leg as soon as he hits the ground. Anything to keep her at bay or slow her down at least.

Still, hearing all of this was rather surprising. At least, until an issue of games comes up, and Mirabelle asks him a question. "...Okay, I'll admit, I'm learning things. Also, I'm a hat maker and clothing making too, so I wouldn't know Mass Effect from Mass Hysteria. But what does that matter? Keen and I are still friends, even if we are still learning about each other. She doesn't even know what the best hat material is, but I don't hold that against her! ...It's felt, by the way. Don't believe any cotton hat that say it's washable; it's not." Trilby takes a risk and adjusts his hat with one hoof, which loosens his hold on Mirabelle. "But now I have a question... Did you ever find out why Keen left? She might not have left for the reasons you think, even though it clearly hurt you when it happened."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Ragland Tiger, @PawelS

Final was having a good time talking to Nopony and Bluebell, casually watching the preliminaries on the various monitors, until suddenly Bluebell runs off. "Bluebell?! You can't got that way! That's for staff only!" Final calls out, noticing that she is running through the building and going down a path that she is not suppose to go. He would give chase, but he looks over at Nopony first. "Should we follow her? I'm use to letting time work itself out." Final says.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Kronos the Revenant, @Dynamo Pad, @Courageous Thunder Dash, @Ragland Tiger

Samurai isn't sure how to feel about Dynamo's mannerisms. He is definitely worried though. However, before he can think of anything to say, Dynamo runs off and Thundy gives chase. "Oi! Chotto matte! Dynamo-san, Thundy-san!" Samurai reaches out and gives chase. But soon, it becomes clear why Dynamo ran off.

However before Bluebell and Dynamo can be reunited, a group of SUPER buff and really tall tournament staff, earth ponies mostly, block Bluebell off from entering the fighter's section. "Not so fast, ma'am." One of them says, holding up a hoof. "No one goes beyond this point without a fighter's pass. Not a fighter? No entry. If you know one of the fighters here, they can join you in the hallway, but you can't enter the fighter's section." The staff member explains.

In the B Block arena,
When the magic shield goes up, it keeps the clones at bay. However, one of the clones shatters and turns to dust against it when the shield expands. "Seems we have our explanation. These clones are just magic-made fakes. If they were real, there'd at least be a body left over." Straightaway observes. And shortly after he explains it, Cosmic summons his own ally.

Still, the explanation doesn't exactly make Stonewall any happier. Apollo's arrows take out the other clones easily, but Stonewall doesn't seem to care. He just focuses his magic harder, closing his eyes. "God? There are no gods. The closest thing we have to those is the princesses, and they walk among us. So take your false god rhetoric, and choke on it." From the magic circle suddenly pops up a large, jagged crystal formation? No, it's not one, it's a series of them! The spread rapidly, making a trail towards Artemis. The last one comes up from under Apollo and forms into a claw, grabbing Apollo in a magic ensnare. Then, Stonewall's eyes open suddenly, his eyes glowing.

He leaps into the air almost as high as you would expect from a pegasus, and his magic swirls around his leg, forming into a giant, spinning, diamond-tipped drill. "This is my Double Ensnare Drill." Stonewall thinks to himself as he performs the magical attack.

In the C Block arena,
Flash is easily surprised, to say the least. "Form change? I KNEW you were awesome!" Flash says, excited. Picking himself up, Flash moves in and uses his shield to hold back some of Kronos' new sword limbs. The simple metal shield is holding up surprisingly well. "You like? First magic shield ever... But what I want to know is, what drives you to fight? What's your end goal, Kronos?" Flash asks in the middle of their bout.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

“Do I have to know, Mr. Hat maker extraordinaire?” Keen kicked out her hindleg Trilby is holding into. If she succeeded removing his hoof, she would wrap Keen in a hug, “Just knowing she still remembers our secret is acceptable and good enough for me”

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine @Kronos the Revenant @Courageous Thunder Dash

As he was about to be reunited with Bluebell, he gasped and stopped in his tracks. His eyes widening in surprise as buff and tall tournament staff had stood in Bluebell’s way effectively blocking her from getting to the gaming unicorn. He was still feeling nervous in regards to seeing Cosmic from moments prior. It didn’t help that these tournament staff ponies looked intimidating to boot. Even so, he wanted to make sure that Bluebell, while letting the staff know he was the one she was looking for. “Um…e-excuse me.” He tried calling out to the staff to get their attention. “C-Can you let Bluebell into the arena area please? She was looking for me and I was trying to make my way over to her. Can you please make an exception to let her through so she and I can see each other and talk?” He asks, while he didn’t hear most of what the staff had previously said to Bluebell. Dynamo had been walking through the crowd of fighters to get to his girlfriend. So, while he didn’t hear the staff’s explanation. He still felt it was safe to ask.

As one of the clones shattered upon hitting the shield, Cosmic smirked as he figured it out. "So, that's how it is. You either split your magic into each clone to not give away the original. Even if you mixed yourself into the clones, or had them as the distraction, then they still cost magic for each. Simply put, you're playing a dangerous game if you’re trying to save that magic of yours. Sure, you barely put any magic for them to shatter so easily, but what’s the point? Trying to test the waters? Are you sure you won't lose your crystal form like your brother did previously?" He asks, tilting his head at Stonewall's explanation. "Oh, I know all too well about the princesses. You should be more open minded at what you mean about there being a god or not.” He says, his smug smirk turning into a somewhat crazed grin. "Still, telling me to take it somewhere else? How about I show you that you're nothing against me." He says, his eyes suddenly blinking in surprise as he saw a jagged crystal formation appearing from the circle. He jumped back a big, but Artemis was caught off guard from the sudden claw trailer towards her. "Oh no, Artemis! What ever will I do now!?” He called out, while the neon green unicorn wasn't concerned in the slightest. He had to admit that it was impressive of Stonewall had jumped high into the air. 

Seeing a diamond-tipped drill had formed on the crystal pony's leg, Cosmic whistled at the display. "Not too bad, but unfortunately it's not enough. What are you even aiming for? Trying to reach to the heavens? Sounds like some anime that my team and I remember, but that’s aside the point. Since if you’re aiming to meet your ruler, then all you had to do was ask. That new ruler is standing right in front of you.” He chuckled, pointing his right hoof. “Also, really? Did you honestly expect to ensnare Artemis the easily and expect to win?" His horn glowed as Artemis had become transparent. All the while, phasing through the claw that had captured and ensnared her. Jumping out of the way, Artemis had moved away from Cosmic, who began charging up his magic. Turning towards the claw, he blasted at the claw that had appeared from the circle. Artemis, on the other hoof, began preparing a few more arrows. Upon launching them, however, were different than the arrows that were launched previously. They looked the same, but some were real, while others would phase through Stonewall. Even if the drill would knock the arrows away, Cosmic's plan could still catch his opponent off guard. The neon green unicorn looked back at his opponent, before a fun idea came into mind. Having Artemis’ aim and accuracy, he aimed his magic at Stonewall. Just before firing, he shot the laser as the ground. While it didn’t damage the ring, the blast merely ricocheted from the ring, to the ceiling and back to the ring again. Almost moving around like a pinball, before the blast aimed at Stonewall’s back. With the crystal pony distracted by the physical and phasing arrows in the front, he wouldn’t expect Cosmic’s blast from the back. If it connected, the attacks would hopefully do some damage. He wasn’t expecting much based on the armor, but still aimed to slow Stonewall’s descent with the drill.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine

"Jeez, they should at least let fighters and visitors talk instead of just block off visitors just like that..." Thundy said to himself as he saw Dynamo trying to get the staff to let Bluebell in. 

@ExplosionMare @Samurai Equine @PawelS

Chelsea listened to Starlight. "Hey now Starlight. It's okay. You'll find a place here. I know you will. It will take some time but that patience will pay off." Chelsea answered. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Kronos pauses his assault on his opponent to humor his inquiry. 

“Why do i fight?” he replied, “I fight to make myself stronger and find worthy allies. So far, you and Samurai have proven to me that this land has competent warriors around here. Show me what else you can do. Prove me right by facing me properly in combat.”

He got back upwards onto his feet and unleashed a flurry of attacks towards his opponent. 

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Samurai isn't sure how to feel about Dynamo's mannerisms. He is definitely worried though. However, before he can think of anything to say, Dynamo runs off and Thundy gives chase. "Oi! Chotto matte! Dynamo-san, Thundy-san!" Samurai reaches out and gives chase. But soon, it becomes clear why Dynamo ran off.

However before Bluebell and Dynamo can be reunited, a group of SUPER buff and really tall tournament staff, earth ponies mostly, block Bluebell off from entering the fighter's section. "Not so fast, ma'am." One of them says, holding up a hoof. "No one goes beyond this point without a fighter's pass. Not a fighter? No entry. If you know one of the fighters here, they can join you in the hallway, but you can't enter the fighter's section." The staff member explains.

@Dynamo Pad @Courageous Thunder Dash @Samurai Equine

"Please," said Bluebell.  "Y-you have to h-h-help me.  I need  to see d-d-d-Dynamo Pad and Samurai Equine.  It's ur-urgent.  Some po-ponies might get s-s-s-seriously hurt unless we d-do something.  Please, I b-b-beg you."

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Courageous Thunder Dash @PawelS

“It’s ok, Starlight. Truthfully, I’m not a huge hugger, either. I’ve known Chelsea for a while though, so I’m a bit more comfortable around her now. Usually though, if I’m given a random hug by someone I am not super close to, I feel really squeamish,” Pencil replied, relieved that Starlight was doing alright. “Heh, I’m glad I have somepony here to relate to that with. I felt like I was the only one who felt that way here.”

Sparkly trotted closer, now interested in the conversation. She wanted offered her own thoughts on the matter. Turning to Starlight, she said,

“I am naturally very affectionate; I like giving friends hugs or pats on the back every now and then for encouragement. In my world, friendly physical affection is not very common unless it is among family or those who are romantically involved. Here, it seems, ponies are more comfortable doing that for friends too. It is wonderful to me that ponies can share a connection like that. It seems that not all ponies are this way, however, some are just not into that sort of thing.”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if some humans from your world were openly affectionate towards friends, too, I doubt it’s completely impossible. I think it depends on everyone’s personalities, as well as some cultural aspects.” Pencil added.

Sparkly nodded. Although it was still true that ponies were much more openly friendly, differences in personalities and social norms still played a factor in who was a huge hugger and who was not. Pencil and Sparkly could probably go on for hours about the subject, but they were here to support Starlight, not form a huge discussion.

@Windy Breeze

Trilby blinks. By the dumb expression on his face, it's clear he wasn't expecting Mirabelle to just hug Keen like that. But, all's good now, right? "Thank goodness?" Trilby says with a confused smile.

@Courageous Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare, @PawelS

With affirmation, Starlight sighs in relief and nods. "Thanks Ms. Pencil."

When Samurai sees the situation, he walks up. "Oi, oi, oi!! Mou ii yo!" Samurai says, which makes the guard relax a little. "It's all right. It's not that big a deal. Dynamo, you have your fighter's pass, right? The ticket that you received when you signed up? We all have one. Come with me." Samurai takes Dynamo by the hoof and leads him forward. The guards move aside and let Dynamo and Samurai into the hallway. "Bluebell can't enter the fighter's area, tournament policy. However, we can leave the fighter's area at any time we please. Just don't lose your ticket, or they won't let you back in." Samurai comes to a stop when Bluebell and Dynamo are reunited. He lets Dynamo go and walks away. "Oh! And don't take too long! You never know when they might call you up for another round." Samurai tells them before returning to the fighter's area with Thundy and the rest.

Little does either of them know that certain amounts of gossip are getting around thanks to Cheap and Frozen. It's making some of the fighters talk. Some don't want to believe what they are hearing because they have sentimental feelings for Dynamo, others might want some further proof about what is being said. Either way, there is whispered talk amongst the various fighters still around.

In the B Block arena,
This was quite the eye-opening sight! "It just phased through?! But how can it cancel out my ensnare like it was nothing?!" Stonewall thinks. He didn't have time to talk, despite the Jojo-like monologuing that was going on. Still, he had to act fast. With hesitation, he waits til Artemis' arrows get super close, and swings his mighty drill kick left and right to destroy all the arrows before they can harm him. A magically made drill is more than capable of such a feat. However, as soon as his decent is almost done, he propels himself backwards so that he doesn't land so close to Wrath/Cosmic.

"...Something strange is going on here. Even a magical assistant like that shouldn't be able to escape my ensnare magic that easily. Is it possible that he...." Stonewall begins to contemplate, until the laser strikes him by surprise. "NO! What have you done, you knave?!" That's all Stonewall can say before the worst happens. Apparently, Wrath/Cosmic didn't learn from Dynamo's fight with Gemsworth. Because instead of harming him, the laser gets absorbed into the crystal's pony body and then refracted into a new direction. Except this time, it's not going through a hoof, so Stonewall can't control the direction nor the refraction of the laser. As a result, the laser splits and fires out of Stonewall's body in MULTIPLE directions! Even with Stonewall bracing himself and tucking into a roll, it doesn't stop the multiple refractions. Observing fighters scream and run, trying not to get hit by a stray laser blast. Sometimes the walls or the arena floor takes a few of the hits. And if Wrath/Cosmic isn't careful, he'll get hit too. It's like trying to escape from a security room full of lasers, but these actually deal damage.

In the C Block arena,
Such a declaration leave Flash in awe. "No way. That's the exact same reason I came here in the first place!! I knew I should have brought Rockhoof with me for this!" Finding a kindred spirit, Flash does his best to block each strike with his shield, but he can feel the full weight of each attack.

Spreading his wings, Flash zips around and tries to head butt Kronos from different angles. "Oof~ You know, I really wish this arena didn't have a roof over our heads. I really want to show you my ultimate technique, but it's not easy in a cramped space like this!"

Thundy breathed a sigh of relief when Samurai came to intervene. However, Thundy gained a funny feeling. He tried to connect with Chelsea telepathically, but there was too much interference. Therefore, he vanished to a quiet area. He sent the feeling and thoughts over to Chelsea. 

Chelsea smiled when Starlight thanked Pencil. However, that smile was short lived as a thought from Thundy came into her mind. She gasped and started to pant. Panting meant there was some sort of trouble...

@Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine

As the tournament staff had stood in front of him, Dynamo was becoming desperate. He could feel his pendant glowing brightly as he felt Bluebell's concern and worry. He felt his legs collapse from underneath him as he kneeled down. Bowing at the tournament staff's backs as he was begging. "Please. I know it might be a lot to ask for, but please let Bluebell enter the area. I really need to see her. It's difficult to explain, but we really need to see each other right now. I'm begging you, please. Please allow her to enter the area." He would say, before he heard Samurai speaking up towards the tournament staff. As they relaxed a little, he felt himself being raised up, as well as standing as his hoof was taken. Glancing up to who was leading him forward, he saw that it was Samurai, who was helping him through the remaining crowd and guards. As the staff had finally ceased and moved aside, Dynamo was lead into the hallway by Samurai. "I wish the policy could overlook things and allow her to enter. However, I'm glad to know that we can enter and leave the area at any time." He smiled slightly, before a thought of realization had come to mind. Looking back at the asian pony, he bowed his head, before giving Samurai and apologetic expression. "I'm really sorry as I guess I honestly forgot about the whole ticket, Sam. I think I've been going through a lot with this tournament that I guess I either didn't realize, of I forgot." It was true that with seeing Cosmic, Dynamo had been put on edge. It didn't help that seeing his old bully had caused him to be paranoid.

As he felt Samurai let go of his hoof, Dynamo had rushed over towards the bespectacled mare. "Bluebell! I'm so glad to see you! Are you okay? I could hear you, but I couldn't see you because of the guards blocking the way." He says, a look of worry was present upon his expression. As the asian pony had started returning towards the fighter's area, Dynamo had glanced back towards the one who lead him here. "Hey, Sam! Wait a minute! Bluebell said that she needed to see you and I. Please come back!" He called out to Samurai, but he wasn't sure if he could hear the gaming unicorn. Little did Dynamo or the others realize was that Cheap had noticed the interaction first hoof. From the confrontation with the staff, to the begging and being lead out of the fighter's area. "Oh, that's just too rich. Drool Pad looks so pathetic right now trying to beg for his life. I wonder why, though?" He asks, having his question answered almost immediately as he saw a blue unicorn mare with blue eyes, a purple mane with a light purple streak and glasses. "A mare? Wait a minute...no way..." His jaw dropped in almost disbelief, before chuckling as a gleeful smile etched it's way onto his face. "Oh, the boss and Frozen are going to love and want to hear this." He went back to work in trying to gain the crowd's favor, while using new rumor's to aid in their cause.

@Samurai Equine @Kronos the Revenant @Courageous Thunder Dash

In the B Block arena,
Cosmic could see the stumped expression on Stonewall's face and was enjoying every second of it. He didn't realize what Artemis, or any of his magic spells were capable of. So, he had an advantage going into this fight. All the more reason to keep the stallion on his hooves and make him sweat a little. He still had to admit that the crystal pony had guts when it came to swinging the drill kick to destroy most of the arrow. All the while, some of the transparent arrows to phase right through him. 'Given that he looks like, or is a guard, then he's had to have gone through a lot to show no fear. Upon seeing Stonewall propel backwards, Cosmic smirked as his opponent did exactly what he was aiming for. The laser being too close to dodge as the laser landed its mark. While the laser didn't harm Stonewall, it looked as if the attack had absorbed into his body. At the same time, refracted as it was blasted out of his body, while splitting off into multiple directions. Cosmic merely and easily dodged our of the way. Making handstands as if he was in a circus performance, while the lasers phased right through Artemis. The same couldn't be said for the fighters observing as the lasers nearly hit everyone watching. Some lasers hit the arena floor, but it only caused the neon green unicorn to smirk. "What have I done? Well, I think I'm starting to figure out how you tick. Maybe the spell wasn't going to work, or maybe I learned that you can absorb magic, before sending it right back. Sort of like bouncing light off of a prism to get more light, or even a rainbow." He explained, sticking his tongue out and gagging at the word rainbow. 

Looking towards Artemis, Cosmic's horn had started to glow as he prepared another spell. Only this time, he launched his magic at the slightly taller anthropomorphic earth pony. Artemis had disappeared, before standing in her place was a giant dark blue bear had appeared. It was much bigger than a normal bear as it had stars aligning all over his body, red eyes, sharp claws and teeth, and a star pattern upon its forehead. However, the bear wasn't a normal bear as it was an Ursa Minor. "If regular tactics aren't going to do all that much, then let's add a little bit of force, shall we?" He smirked as the Ursa Minor had growled, before letting out a spine-chilling roar in the building. His eyes glanced quickly from side to side as he took in the fear and panic in the crowd of fighters. Seeing their expressions as he looked back at Stonewall was music to his ears. He continued to stand as the Ursa Minor had stepped in front of the neon green unicorn. Ready to protect it's master, while preparing to attack if necessary.

Spoiler

png-transparent-pony-twilight-sparkle-ur

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

Thundy used his keen hearing and heard a voice, mentioning that dreaded "Drool Pad" name. Then...something worse happened, Thundy saw that he took notice of Bluebell. He growled. "Frick! He knows! I won't let that punk bring down my friend Dynamo." Thundy said to himself. He sent another relay to Chelsea

Chelsea slowly recovered from her panting fit, but another thought from Thundy came. Her knees nearly gave way, causing her to lose her balance. Something was definately not right. 

14 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As he felt Samurai let go of his hoof, Dynamo had rushed over towards the bespectacled mare. "Bluebell! I'm so glad to see you! Are you okay? I could hear you, but I couldn't see you because of the guards blocking the way." He says, a look of worry was present upon his expression. As the Asian pony had started returning towards the fighter's area, Dynamo had glanced back towards the one who lead him here. "Hey, Sam! Wait a minute! Bluebell said that she needed to see you and I. Please come back!" He called out to Samurai, but he wasn't sure if he could hear the gaming unicorn.

@Dynamo Pad

Bluebell threw her forelegs around Dynamo's neck, and held on to him tightly.   "D-Dynamo, what's going on-on?  Some-somepony is threatening you, ar-aren't they?       D-d-don't even think-think about setting ano-another hoof in that r-ring until we get this s-s-sorted out!"

@Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine

As the couple were reunited in the hallway, Dynamo was suddenly pulled into a tight hug. He felt Bluebell's forelegs wrap around his neck, before wrapping his forelegs around her waist as he returned the tight embrace. Pulling back slightly from the hug to see her face, Dynamo had glanced slightly towards the ground. He wanted to reassure his girlfriend that he was okay and that nothing was wrong. However, there were two things that he knew. One was that he was wearing the pendant so Bluebell would know in an instant. The second and most important thing was that he just couldn't lie to her. With a bit of hesitation, the gaming unicorn nodded slightly. "Y-Yeah, you're right, Bluebell. I mean, they aren't technically threatening me, but I saw someone I wasn't expecting to see and was hoping not to see. Someone who's not exactly on the best terms with me at the moment. R-Remember the night before when I mentioned about those three bullies from when I was younger?" He asks, giving her a moment to recall their conversation, before he continued. "I-It turns out that I found one of them fighting in the ring just now in my block. I-It really freaked me out as I don't know how or why he's here. T-The worst part is that I don't know if he's by himself or if h-he's with the other two in his group." He would say, letting out a shaky sigh. He didn't know why, but he couldn't help in shaking the feeling that something terrible would happen soon. He just hoped that whatever worry he had was wrong as that nightmare flashed into his mind once more.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

(edited)

"!! Oh no..." Noticing a Chelsea go from sad to worse, Starlight kicks her shyness out the window and goes over to her. "Come here, you. We need to get you out of here." Picking Chelsea up, she put a hoof around Chelsea and helps Chelsea hold on to her. But Starlight doesn't quite know where the hospitals are, so she just begins walking. She looks over her shoulder at Tree, Pencil, and Sparkly. "A little help would be appreciated, if you don't mind. I think she might be getting claustrophobic or something."

Samurai hears Dynamo calling out to him. "Hmm?" That's interesting. Bluebell wants to talk to the both of them? That's new... Samurai looks back and fourth.
First, he turns to Thundy, who seems rather distracted considering what he just said. "Excuse me, Thundy-san. I'm not sure what's going on, but my presence has been requested. I'm going to trust you with with the tournament. Look over it with the staff and make sure no one is breaking the rules. They might not need any help, but I know I can leave it in your care. Shinjite imasu."

With that, Samurai leaves and joins Dynamo and Bluebell back in the hallway. "Did I hear correctly? Bluebell asked for me too?"

In the A Block arena,
After going blow for mighty blow, Sledge Hoof finally has Tiger Muscle Pinned. Using his giant wrench, he gives Tiger Muscle a powerful throw, tossing him out the ring! Upon being tossed, Tiger Muscle hits his back against the cage walls, but it's not enough to badly hurt him. His mask almost comes off, and you can see part of his face, but he quickly fixes it and covers it back up.

"And that's a ring out! Tiger Muscle is eliminated, which means Sledge Hoof goes on to the next round!" Straightaway commentates. Sledge Hoof basks in the cheers, dedicating his win to Friendshire. Tiger Muscle straightens up and dusts himself off. He should leave, but he has one other job to do...

In the B Block arena,
Stonewall painfully gets back up once the lasers are out of his body. To his surprise, Wrath/Cosmic has traded one helper for another. "I see... I think I know how you work as well. Indirect attacks, magical familiars... You're a coward. You'll do anything to avoid direct confrontation. Well, I won't give you the joy of me surrendering, but as long as I'm still in this ring, you can't win either. So no matter what it takes, I'll strike that pride of yours, and deny you a victory."

Any magic circle that was on the arena floor before vanishes, absorbed back into Stonewall's being. With a little concentration, he magically makes crystal wings grow out of his back. Each feather is actually a series of big quill-shaped crystals. He can't possibly fly with those, can he? Stonewall dashes forward and flicks his wings a few times, which launches crystal quills at the Ursa Minor as projectiles. No doubt that will distract the beast, at least somewhat. And as soon as Stonewall gets close, he limbo-slides underneath the Ursa Minor! And as soon he can get a clear line-of-sight, he flicks his wings again, sending more crystal quill projectiles at Wrath/Cosmic!

In the C Block arena,
Though Kronos is busy fighting Flash in the ring, Tiger Muscle walks all the way to C Block, where all the other C Block fighters are watching and observing. Clearing his throat, Tiger Muscle calls out to him. "KRONOS!!!! You better win this fight, got it?! But don't just do it for yourself or any other reason; do it for the town as well! You helped save this place, and now there are many citizens that are looking at you as a hero, so don't you dare let yourself lose that easily!! Win this tournament. Do it for THEM, do it for YOURSELF, but mostly... Do it for Friendshire!!" Tiger Muscle says, much to the surprise of many. Hopefully that little outburst didn't distract Kronos.

And with that, Tiger Muscle leaves. He leaves the C Block. He goes all the way past A Block. And he leaves the building entirely.
As soon as he is out of the way of any prying eyes, Tiger Muscle takes off his mask and throws it in the trash. Turns out he was Mayor Black all along. Covering himself up with a jacket and a hat, Mayor Black leaves the area.

Edited by Samurai Equine

@Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine @Kronos the Revenant @Courageous Thunder Dash

As he was discussing the situation with Bluebell, Dynamo’s ears perked as he he heard Samurai’s voice. Craning his neck, the gaming unicorn had seen the asian pony had made a return towards the couple. “Oh, Sam! I didn’t know if you had come back. I guess it’s because I thought I was t loud enough in calling out to get your attention.” He explained, nodding at the asian pony’s question. “I believe so. When I was trying to make my way towards the guards and talk to them, I thought I heard Bluebell mention your name.” It was then that a thought had occurred to Dynamo. Looking back toward the bespectacled mare, he gave her a curious expression. “What do you think, Bluebell? Should we let Sam know what’s going on with the situation? Maybe it would help with building up some more security.”

In the B Block arena,
As the Ursa Minor protectively stood in front of Cosmic, the neon green unicorn had looked at his opponent with a lack of concern. What he did notice was how it took Stonewall a moment, before he painfully got back to his hooves. It seemed that the crystal pony had taken some damage from absorbing the lasers, before the lasers were refracted from his body. 'So, that's how it is.' He smirked, tilting his head to the side as he listened to Stonewall's response. "Oh?" Raising an eyebrow as a look of amusement stared back at the crystal guard. "You call it cowardice and I call it effective strategy. Do all you crystal pony guards fight full offense? I guess you call it mano a mano. Unless you’ve never heard of strategy before? My, oh my. Have the Crystal Empire has fallen so far." He taunted, chuckling as he continued to stare at his opponent. The smirk never leaving his face. "I won't win and be denied victory, huh? I guess we'll see about that, won't we? For you see, you seem to misunderstand something that I took notice of. One that’s has costed you the match.” He would say as the magic circle that Stonewall had summoned had vanished. Cosmic watched on as the crystal pony had summoned crystal wings out of his back. "You’re just full of surprises, aren’t you? It's quite a shame, really. My teammate would have loved to have seen your fight, or at least, take part in fighting you. You almost look like a trading card he has that focuses around crystals." 

Upon dashing forward, Cosmic had noticed Stonewall flicking his wing a few times forward. He would have questioned if the wings could make him fly, but it didn't matter to him in the slightest. Some of the crystal projectiles had been directed at the Ursa Minor, before Stonewall slid under the giant bear constellation. Just as he was within his line of sight, the neon green unicorn had the same crystal quill projectiles heading towards him. Now Cosmic had a couple of options he could try. He could simply teleport out of the way, but he wanted to test something out with those projectiles. However, his smirk widened as he wanted to play dangerously. Dashing forward, he pulled up a shield as he continued to run. Effectively blocking any incoming projectiles, while the projectiles aiming at the Ursa Minor proved ineffective. The crystal quills had simply deflected off of the bear constellation’s tough hide. 

In a roar of anger, the Ursa Minor had swiped its paws at Stonewall. At the same time, stomping its back paws, while trying to either hit Stonewall,  or distract the crystal pony’s movement. Giving Cosmic enough time to charge up his magic for another laser, as well as preparing him to strike back.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @PawelS

"Th...Thundy...there may be something...going on at the...arena...I may need to...*pant*...go there..." Chelsea said leaning against Starlight. Chelsea was still in her anthro form, which made it quite difficult for Starlight...

Thundy had heard a loud roar, coming from the B block. It seemed as if one of the fighters had summoned an Ursa Minor. "Sheesh, isn't that a little too much? I mean...if you claim to be a fighter, fight yourself..." Thundy remarked. 

15 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Samurai hears Dynamo calling out to him. "Hmm?" That's interesting. Bluebell wants to talk to the both of them? That's new... Samurai looks back and fourth.
First, he turns to Thundy, who seems rather distracted considering what he just said. "Excuse me, Thundy-san. I'm not sure what's going on, but my presence has been requested. I'm going to trust you with with the tournament. Look over it with the staff and make sure no one is breaking the rules. They might not need any help, but I know I can leave it in your care. Shinjite imasu."

With that, Samurai leaves and joins Dynamo and Bluebell back in the hallway. "Did I hear correctly? Bluebell asked for me too?"

14 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As he was discussing the situation with Bluebell, Dynamo’s ears perked as he he heard Samurai’s voice. Craning his neck, the gaming unicorn had seen the asian pony had made a return towards the couple. “Oh, Sam! I didn’t know if you had come back. I guess it’s because I thought I was t loud enough in calling out to get your attention.” He explained, nodding at the asian pony’s question. “I believe so. When I was trying to make my way towards the guards and talk to them, I thought I heard Bluebell mention your name.” It was then that a thought had occurred to Dynamo. Looking back toward the bespectacled mare, he gave her a curious expression. “What do you think, Bluebell? Should we let Sam know what’s going on with the situation? Maybe it would help with building up some more security.”

@Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine @Courageous Thunder Dash

Bluebell turned and briefly hugged Samurai.  "Th-thank goodness," she said.  "I think th-th-there might b-be a gang of-of evil unicorns here l-l-l-looking to harm d-Dynamo, and they're n-n-not going to care who they ha-ha-harm to get to him.  Is there any-anything you c-can do to keep this from-from h-h-h-happening?"

Edited by Ragland Tiger

"...And now they know you're Dynamo's gf...gah...now you and Dynamo are in danger. We must absolutely make sure nothing happens." Thundy said coming behind Bluebell. "One of them keeps on referring to Dynamo as "Drool Pad" and it's driving me crazy." Thundy said with a snarl. 

@Samurai Equine

”Welp, that’s too bad,” Kronos replied, “Let’s fix that.”

Kronos managed to draw metal elements from the ground. He bent and warped the materials into makeshift gauntlets. He began to heat up his arms and created heating coils around them with the new metal wrapped around them. He then began to charge straight towards his opponent, intending to slam him into the ground. 

Edited by Kronos the Revenant

@Courageous Thunder Dash @PawelS @Samurai Equine

Pencil attempted to put a hoof on Chelsea, but before she could, the griffon’s legs gave out and she collapsed on the floor. Pencil let out a panicked gasp. She bent down to help Chelsea up but Starlight had grabbed her before she could offer her hoof out.

Starlight attempted to exit with the panting griffon, but quickly discovered she wouldn’t know where to go from here. Pencil was glad she stopped, because she knew a hospital wouldn’t help. Chelsea needed to go to the source of whatever was wrong in order to recover.

“I’ve seen her do this before. She doesn’t need a hospital, she needs to find whatever disturbance is out there!” she explained. “Chelsea, if you’re able to answer, where do we go from here?”

Sparkly tilted her head curiously, wondering how a ‘disturbance’ could cause this much physical turmoil in a being.

• Brohoof 1

"I think...*pant* we...*pant*...need to *pant...get back to the...*pant* fighting arena..." Chelsea said still panting, and feeling a little woozy. Unlike other times, it wasn't a curse, but it sure felt like somepony was gonna try and do something...

(edited)

Starlight smiles when Pencil helps her lift Chelsea. "Thank you again, Ms. Pencil." But before she can be too grateful, Chelsea tells them where she needs to be. "You mean the tournament? Thankfully, you all ready showed me where that is. I'll teleport us there. Everypony, hang on!" Starlight can see Pencil is hanging on to Chelsea. Once Sparkly and Tree grab on as well, if they want to, Starlight teleports them to just outside the tournament building.

However, once they get there, Starlight sees something she didn't notice before. There's TWO entrances! One seem to be for fighters only, and the other for standard admittance. "Which way now?"

Samurai is taken by surprise, but hugs Bluebell back, even putting a hoof on Dynamo's back and sort of hugging him too, wanting him to be in on this. Still, he listens carefully to her words, and soon nods. "Wakarimashita. For you Bluebell, I'll do the best I can to help Dynamo out. Ganbarimasu." Samurai explains. About that time, Thundy joins them in the hallway as well. "They do? I see, and no confirmation on their identity... Well, we're just about to go back into the fighter's area. Leave the rest to us, Bluebell. I look forward to spending some time with all of you when this tournament is all over." Samurai says.

He bows to Bluebell and takes his leave, hoping Dynamo will follow. He also moves in close to Thundy to whisper to him. "Thundy, can you do me a favor? I'm going to do some crowd control just in case these perpetrators are trying to get the fighters against Dynamo. You stay close to him and look after him for me. Okay?" Samurai asks.

In the B Block arena,
When the crystal projectiles hit the Ursa Minor, they just turn into crystal dust. Not much harm, but enough to irritate the eyes or give one a really bad cough if you breathe it in too fast. However, the projectiles shot at Wrath/Cosmic do something else. Against his magical shield, they turn into crystal clusters, trying to take root into something but failing to do so against his barrier. Eventually, they fall off, completely useless.

As for the Ursa Minor, Stonewall does his best to avoid it. He wraps his wing around his body protectively and rolls to the side until he is clear. He is just about to attack again, when suddenly a strange light catches his eye. (Read below to understand more.) "What?!" The sudden flash of multicolored lights is enough to make Stonewall shield his eyes. Some of the lights phase through his crystal body in random directions, coming out as different colors that don't shine as brightly. Worst of all, he's distracted.

In the C Block arena,
"Woah... Nice display, but I guess you've never heard of Netitus, the fire-proof shield!" Flash says, dancing around some strikes and blocking the others with his shield. Indeed, the magical properties kick in. They make the shield glow each time it is stuck, absorbing the heat from Kronos' gauntlets. There is, however, one catch. "Ngh... Ghh... Ugh!!" The shield doesn't absorb the force/strength behind each impact. And thanks to Flash's carelessness... "Ah!' One of the strikes is powerful enough to knock Netitus out his hooves and straight out of bounds. Now he can't pick up without getting disqualified.

Flash reacts fast, flying up again. "All right then... This will be my final attack; something I picked up from Rainbow Dash. It might not be as powerful as usual, but I'll make it count." Flash Magnus begins flying in circles from above, gathering as much speed as he can. The result is that it creates a lot of strong winds; most of which Kronos won't even feel because he's in the eye of the 'storm', as it were. Even so, Flash builds up for his final attack. "Let's do this, I hope... SONIC RAINBOOM!!" Flash flies up and then immediately descends, attempting to strike Kronos from above. And indeed, he does create a Sonic Rainboom. It's not as powerful as how Rainbow Dash usually does them; the boom isn't as loud and the rainbow doesn't stretch out as far, but there is still some deadly force and a bright flash of light with it.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1