Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

10 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Dynamo Pad

Astral looked shocked, but then smiled from ear to ear. He nearly choked from trying to stop his laughter, as he didn't want to seem rude.

"Well Dynamo, the spell sorta worked. *snort*, but only on your legs." Astral thought Dynamo kinda looked like a duck, but he only hoped that this wouldn't discourage him, magic was difficult to master after all.

Dynamo looked towards Astral, who was smiling. Yet, it seemed as if the blue unicorn was trying to hold back a laugh. "Huh? What do you mean by my legs?" The gamer pony blinked, before looking down towards the ground. A brief moment of silence had passed as he noticed the sight before him. "WHAT!? What happened to my legs! Make my legs come back!" He exclaimed, a panic look upon his face. He wasn't sure how he had done it, but it seemed as if he managed to make the spell work. Albeit, the spell only working on his legs, while not knowing how to cancel out the spell. 

@Dynamo Pad @Astral Vision

"I was thinking more, y'know, Elder Scrolls! Or Dishonored!"

More games a filly probably shouldn't be playing...

as she witnessed Dynamo's legs disappear, she couldn't even try to be subtle, she just fell over and started laughing, nearly rolling down the hill in the process.

"Ahahaha! Dyny! You look like a hotdog without a bun! Nyahaha~! 10/10!"

Edited by Pastel Heart
  • Brohoof 1

@Astral Vision @Pastel Heart @Dynamo Pad

Pencil had stayed home for a while to sketch once again, but she wasn’t satisfied with any of her results. Sure, the sketches looked nice, but they probably weren’t what her commissioner was looking for. She decided to take a break and wander outside to see what everypony else was doing.

She noticed Pastel, Astral, and Dynamo huddled by a couple of trees nearby. From what she could tell, things were starting to become pretty chaotic. Pencil picked up her pace and investigated the scene further.

“Uhh, what’s going on here?” she chuckled.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad @Astral Vision

"I was thinking more, y'know, Elder Scrolls! Or Dishonored!"

More games a filly probably shouldn't be playing...

as she witnessed Dynamo's legs disappear, she couldn't even try to be subtle, she just fell over and started laughing, nearly rolling down the hill in the process.

"Ahahaha! Dyny! You look like a hotdog without a bun! Nyahaha~! 10/10!"

"Oh, I've heard of the Elder Scroll games, before. I've always wanted to play Skyrim as I've always wanted to try and be the Dragonborn. That, and I've always wanted to try and create the Fus Ro Dah." Dynamo grinned sheepishly, before he thought about the idea of him looking like a hotdog. "I suppose that's a good thing. Otherwise, I'd be afraid if someone would be hungry to have a hotdog." He would say, slowly going back into his panicked state.

9 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Pencil had stayed home for a while to sketch once again, but she wasn’t satisfied with any of her results. Sure, the sketches looked nice, but they probably weren’t what her commissioner was looking for. She decided to take a break and wander outside to see what everypony else was doing.

She noticed Pastel, Astral, and Dynamo huddled by a couple of trees nearby. From what she could tell, things were starting to become pretty chaotic. Pencil picked up her pace and investigated the scene further.

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Pencil calling out to them with a chuckle. He looked towards Pencil, before taking a deep breath and sighed. "Oh, well. You know, not too much. Just a nice day and all. Astral was teaching me this cool magic spell, my legs became invisible, I'm kind of floating in mid air and I don't know how to change back out of this invisibility spell!" He exclaimed comically, taking multiple deep breaths and exhaling as he began to hyperventilate. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@ExplosionMare

Astral sensed another presence, and turned his head to see a new pony in sight. She looked familiar to Astral, who soon remembered her from the concert yesterday.

"Hello, Pencil right? I was just teaching Dynamo here how to use an invisibility spell. But for the moment, it seems he doesn't have a 'leg' to stand on." Astral couldn't hold it in any longer, and began to laugh so hard he was nearly in tears.

11 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo looked towards Astral, who was smiling. Yet, it seemed as if the blue unicorn was trying to hold back a laugh. "Huh? What do you mean by my legs?" The gamer pony blinked, before looking down towards the ground. A brief moment of silence had passed as he noticed the sight before him. "WHAT!? What happened to my legs! Make my legs come back!" He exclaimed, a panic look upon his face. He wasn't sure how he had done it, but it seemed as if he managed to make the spell work. Albeit, the spell only working on his legs, while not knowing how to cancel out the spell. 

@Dynamo Pad

Astral's laughter soon ceased, and he made his way over to the panicking gamer pony.

"Alright, Dynamo, no need to panic. I've got this." Astral's horn began to radiate a turquoise glow, and in a flash of magic, Dynamo's legs were once again visible.

"Ok Dynamo, that was a good start, but we need to keep practising. Pencil, care to join us?"

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@ExplosionMare

Astral sensed another presence, and turned his head to see a new pony in sight. She looked familiar to Astral, who soon remembered her from the concert yesterday.

"Hello, Pencil right? I was just teaching Dynamo here how to use an invisibility spell. But for the moment, it seems he doesn't have a 'leg' to stand on." Astral couldn't hold it in any longer, and began to laugh so hard he was nearly in tears.

@Dynamo Pad

Astral's laughter soon ceased, and he made his way over to the panicking gamer pony.

"Alright, Dynamo, no need to panic. I've got this." Astral's horn began to radiate a turquoise glow, and in a flash of magic, Dynamo's legs were once again visible.

"Ok Dynamo, that was a good start, but we need to keep practising. Pencil, care to join us?"

@Pastel Heart @ExplosionMare

As much as Dynamo wanted to laugh at the pun Astral gave. He knew that getting his legs back from being invisible was a more pressing matter. "As much as I'm a fan of puns, I guess it's more about how many puns we can get out of this sort of running gag. So, should we just get all of the random jokes out of the way?" He wondered as he blushed slightly in feeling embarrassed from all of the laughter. Once the laughter had ceased, he looked over to the blue unicorn, who was making his way over towards Dynamo. He closed his eyes as he saw a bright turquoise light, before opening his eyes once more to see that his legs were back where they belonged. "That's a relief. I don't get how I could make my legs disappear, but I guess I know the spell worked." He sighed in relief, before nodding as he turned his attention back towards Pencil. "Thanks for the help, Astral. I guess that means I should try again? It would be great if you could join us, Pencil. We still didn't get a chance to talk all that much during dinner last night. Although, to be fair, everyone was leaving pretty early. That, and it did get pretty late into the evening. So, what do you say?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"Hahaha! Well I'll be sure to grill you nicely before I gobble you up~"

Pastel winked and rubbed her hooves together. She looked and sounded like a villain, even if thats not what she was going for.

@ExplosionMare

Pastel waved with a smile and pointed to Dynamo, throwing context out the door.

"Hi Pencil! Dyny is a wiener now so I'm gonna eat him!"

@Astral Vision

"...Or I was! Oh well, Dyny is more handsome with legs anyway."

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Hahaha! Well I'll be sure to grill you nicely before I gobble you up~"

Pastel winked and rubbed her hooves together. She looked and sounded like a villain, even if thats not what she was going for.

@ExplosionMare

Pastel waved with a smile and pointed to Dynamo, throwing context out the door.

"Hi Pencil! Dyny is a wiener now so I'm gonna eat him!"

@Astral Vision

"...Or I was! Oh well, Dyny is more handsome with legs anyway."

"I don't think I get what you're insinuating, Pastel. I guess that's a compliment, but I'm sorry to say that I'm not on the menu." He chuckled with a sheepish grin. He felt a sweat drop roll down the side of his face as he saw Pastel, who was rubbing her hooves together as she sounded like a villain. "Hey. I'm not a hotdog. I'm a unicorn and a gamer. Plus, who would run the arcade if someone wanted to try a stunt like that? Of course, there would be Pastel, who I can definitely trust. Since she likes video games and all." He looked to Pastel, before blushing at the comment. He still wasn't sure what she had meant when she had said that. Especially the other kind of comments she had mentioned days prior. He knew he would have to talk about that at some point in the future. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Pastel Heart @ExplosionMare

As much as Dynamo wanted to laugh at the pun Astral gave. He knew that getting his legs back from being invisible was a more pressing matter. "As much as I'm a fan of puns, I guess it's more about how many puns we can get out of this sort of running gag. So, should we just get all of the random jokes out of the way?" He wondered as he blushed slightly in feeling embarrassed from all of the laughter. Once the laughter had ceased, he looked over to the blue unicorn, who was making his way over towards Dynamo. He closed his eyes as he saw a bright turquoise light, before opening his eyes once more to see that his legs were back where they belonged. "That's a relief. I don't get how I could make my legs disappear, but I guess I know the spell worked." He sighed in relief, before nodding as he turned his attention back towards Pencil. "Thanks for the help, Astral. I guess that means I should try again? It would be great if you could join us, Pencil. We still didn't get a chance to talk all that much during dinner last night. Although, to be fair, everyone was leaving pretty early. That, and it did get pretty late into the evening. So, what do you say?"

@Dynamo Pad

"Precisely, Dynamo. No one is perfect with spells on the first try, especially some as advanced is this. Now try again, just clear your mind and focus. Think of nothing, and your image will reflect that".

Astral waited to see any changes in results, he knew Dynamo had the potential, he just needed to uncover his own capabilities. Astral wondered if he had the potential to teach magic to others, as Celestia had taught him. He chuckled at the possibility, but what mattered right now was Dynamo's progress.

@Kronos the Revenant

Jon nods. "Understood, Mr. Kronos. We'll let you do your business." He gives Kronos a dossier before he goes.

It basically summarizes everything.

• The store's crafting house should only have 12 authorized ponies who make furniture for Jonny's.
  • Jonny's receives construction material shipments via delivery wagon in the morning.
  • Daring Decor receives their construction material shipments via delivery wagon in the evening.
  • The owner of Daring Decor is a bitter, jealous pony. Always has been.

Looks like there are many possible ways to begin the investigation.

@Pastel Heart

“Oh, are you know?” Pencil replied with a sly grin. She couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle at Pastel’s comment. She had absolutely no idea what it meant but soon reasoned it was part of something silly involving Dynamo.

Pencil, catching sight of Dynamo, let out a loud gasp upon realizing he had no legs. She looked up at the petrified look on his face and began to understand what Pastel was talking about. Thankfully, Dynamo’s legs were restored promptly and his expression changed to one of relief.

@Astral Vision

Pencil turned to Astral upon Dynamo returning back to normal.

“Um, sure, I’d love to join you guys! I’m not great at magic or anything but I can try this little spell,” she spoke to him.

She began to trot over to Astral until Dynamo called her out. She trotted towards Dynamo instead and engaged in the conversation.

“I’m sorry we didn’t talk a whole lot. It was fun talking, I will say that! We’ll probably have time to pick up where we left off once we learn this new spell,” she said. She gestured to Astral when she mentioned a spell, signaling for him to begin the lesson.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

When Trilby gave her the look of something along the lines of 'you tell them' she gulped but despite the amount of shyness she's carrying on her back, she manage to make her speech “Well, Facts... And everypony out there, I can't just take it how bored the foals are, they're at school without any liveness? I can't let that happen. Schools is not only for them to learn new things but also play. I saw a playground today, a playground that is in a state of disrepair and is in poor condition, the foals are all frowning, obviously not enjoying going to school. I felt so bad for them and so this is why I'm helping them get not only their enthusiasm back but to make them smile again!” she gave them the best smile she could offer, she place a hoof on Trilby's neck and moved him closer to her “Of course with the help of my humble hat maker friend, Trilby Hatter, and all those who wanted to help!” she said with her fake enthusiasm. 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Raze listened as to what to expect in his new home, then nodded.

"...Right then. I guess I'll just make myself at home then. Be seeing you." He nodded at Samurai, then opened the door inside.

It was a relatively wide reception area, with a desk and a chair facing him to his north. To the right of that, there was a door that seemed to lead to his actual living area. He nodded. 

"This'll do," he said as he set his things next to the desk and took a seat on the chair, leaning back and propping his lower hooves up on the desk, beginning to think of his next plan of attack.

6 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

@Pastel Heart

“Oh, are you know?” Pencil replied with a sly grin. She couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle at Pastel’s comment. She had absolutely no idea what it meant but soon reasoned it was part of something silly involving Dynamo.

Pencil, catching sight of Dynamo, let out a loud gasp upon realizing he had no legs. She looked up at the petrified look on his face and began to understand what Pastel was talking about. Thankfully, Dynamo’s legs were restored promptly and his expression changed to one of relief.

@Astral Vision

“Um, sure, I’d love to join you guys! I’m not great at magic or anything but I can try this little spell,” she spoke to him.

She began to trot over to Astral until Dynamo called her out. She trotted towards Dynamo instead and engaged in the conversation.

“I’m sorry we didn’t talk a whole lot. It was fun talking, I will say that! We’ll probably have time to pick up where we left off once we learn this new spell,” she said. She gestured to Astral when she mentioned a spell, signaling for him to begin the lesson.

@ExplosionMare

Astral was delighted to see Pencil joining the magic lesson, knowing this spell would be incredibly useful for any unicorn. Turning towards the mare, Astral delivered his instructions clearly and efficiently.

"Alright Pencil, right now we're learning how to become invisible. This spell can be great for combat, studying, or other purposes. Now first you need to focus, magic is a matter of mental willpower after all. Just clear your mind, concentrate your magic, and the spell should work. Just make sure you're thinking of being invisible, and not anything else."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"Hehe~ well, you got your legs back so there's no need for me to take over the arcade! I couldn't even reach the joystick normally!"

She smiled, tail swaying. She finally made Dyny blush! this is an accomplishment, she thought. She happily watched the magic lessons Astral was giving out, feeling relaxed and on top of the world. She couldn't do much else in this regard besides take up space.

@Pastel Heart

@Astral Vision

Dynamo smiled as Pencil agreed to join alongside the group. It was nice to spend time with friends. Plus, he remembered not having the chance to finish their conversation. "That's okay, but you don't have to apologize for anything, Pencil. It was getting pretty late and so much had been going on. Especially since there was a festival. Plus, you're not alone when you said that you're not the best with magic. I can barely create a decent spell because of my horn. Although, I'm able to somewhat do spells decently, I'm still in the learning phases."

52 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Hehe~ well, you got your legs back so there's no need for me to take over the arcade! I couldn't even reach the joystick normally!"

She smiled, tail swaying. She finally made Dyny blush! this is an accomplishment, she thought. She happily watched the magic lessons Astral was giving out, feeling relaxed and on top of the world. She couldn't do much else in this regard besides take up space.

@Astral Vision

The gamer pony looked back towards Pastel with a grin. "I mean, you and I live together as roommates. So, since I'll be working at the arcade, then that means you work alongside me too. Sort of like a boss and their second in command. You seem to know a lot about video games, so I can't put my trust into anyone else except for the veteran gamer." He responded with a wink. "Also, I think it's a bit of nonsense when you mentioned that you couldn't reach the joystick's on the arcade machines. From what I've seen, there aren't that many stool tables to allow others to sit and play. Perhaps we can look into fixing that problem by sprucing up the place. It's something that we can look into." He took a deep breath and sighed once more. Closing his eyes as he tried the spell once again. He could feel the magic flow from his horn as he let Astral's advice to enter his mind. 'Think of being invisible, think of being invisible. You've got this, Dynamo.' As he concentrated, his body became slightly transparent. Suddenly, there was a sudden explosion of magic that sent the gamer pony flying back a few feet. It seemed as if the spell had spiked out of control as he laid upon the grassy terrain in a daze. "Uh...did anypony get the number of that taxi? Huh? Anypony?" He managed to sputter out.

@Dynamo Pad

Pastel winced as Dynamo got knocked back, and quickly got up to trot over to him and looked down at him.

"Uhh, there's no taxi here. Not even a crazy taxi. Wait, you don't have that amnesia thing, do you!?"

She suddenly grabbed his head and brought her face closer dramatically.

"Remember where you were the night of the fire! It wasn't your fault!"

• Brohoof 1

@Astral Vision

Pencil did all she could to clear her mind. She kept still. She took a few deep breaths. She closed her eyes. She let the light breeze wash over her like gentle waves in the ocean. She channeled her focus towards her horn, letting out a small burst of pink magic. Using her magic made her want to think, but she kicked herself for trying to. As patiently as she could, she waited for further instructions from Astral. She pushed back the temptation to open her eyes to see if he wasn’t still there.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, ExplosionMare said:

@Astral Vision

Pencil did all she could to clear her mind. She kept still. She took a few deep breaths. She closed her eyes. She let the light breeze wash over her like gentle waves in the ocean. She channeled her focus towards her horn, letting out a small burst of pink magic. Using her magic made her want to think, but she kicked herself for trying to. As patiently as she could, she waited for further instructions from Astral. She pushed back the temptation to open her eyes to see if he wasn’t still there.

@ExplosionMare

Astral looked stunned, nearly frozen in place staring in the direction of Pencil. That look of shock soon turned to delight, as Astral soon smiled as brightly as the sun.

"Bravo, Pencil! Given that I can't see you, you got the spell right on your first try! You clearly have potential in magic." Astral was proud to have successfully passed this spell to another unicorn, especially in such a short time frame.

2 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo smiled as Pencil agreed to join alongside the group. It was nice to spend time with friends. Plus, he remembered not having the chance to finish their conversation. "That's okay, but you don't have to apologize for anything, Pencil. It was getting pretty late and so much had been going on. Especially since there was a festival. Plus, you're not alone when you said that you're not the best with magic. I can barely create a decent spell because of my horn. Although, I'm able to somewhat do spells decently, I'm still in the learning phases."

@Astral Vision

The gamer pony looked back towards Pastel with a grin. "I mean, you and I live together as roommates. So, since I'll be working at the arcade, then that means you work alongside me too. Sort of like a boss and their second in command. You seem to know a lot about video games, so I can't put my trust into anyone else except for the veteran gamer." He responded with a wink. "Also, I think it's a bit of nonsense when you mentioned that you couldn't reach the joystick's on the arcade machines. From what I've seen, there aren't that many stool tables to allow others to sit and play. Perhaps we can look into fixing that problem by sprucing up the place. It's something that we can look into." He took a deep breath and sighed once more. Closing his eyes as he tried the spell once again. He could feel the magic flow from his horn as he let Astral's advice to enter his mind. 'Think of being invisible, think of being invisible. You've got this, Dynamo.' As he concentrated, his body became slightly transparent. Suddenly, there was a sudden explosion of magic that sent the gamer pony flying back a few feet. It seemed as if the spell had spiked out of control as he laid upon the grassy terrain in a daze. "Uh...did anypony get the number of that taxi? Huh? Anypony?" He managed to sputter out.

"Hold on a minute Pencil, wherever you are. Dynamo needs assistance."

Astral trotted towards the gamer pony who lied flat on the green landscape, he hoped there was no lasting damage.

"Are you alright Dynamo? Do you need to take a break?"

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad

Pastel winced as Dynamo got knocked back, and quickly got up to trot over to him and looked down at him.

"Uhh, there's no taxi here. Not even a crazy taxi. Wait, you don't have that amnesia thing, do you!?"

She suddenly grabbed his head and brought her face closer dramatically.

"Remember where you were the night of the fire! It wasn't your fault!"

The gamer pony blinked a couple of times as he tried to gather his bearings. He could hear the sound of hoof steps off in the distance as Pastel made her way towards him. "I don't believe I have amnesia. If I did, then I wouldn't know who you are, Pastel. I do also remember Astral, Pencil and Samurai too. I guess that spell had a lot more of a backlash than I thought." He would have continued talking, but he felt his face being grabbed by the young filly. His eyes widened as he felt his face being brought directly towards her face. "Wait. There was a fire? I don't recall anything like that at my old home. That, and wasn't there a sort of bonfire for that celebration we had?" He knew Pastel was joking around, but he still had to ask.

5 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@ExplosionMare

Astral looked stunned, nearly frozen in place staring in the direction of Pencil. That look of shock soon turned to delight, as Astral soon smiled as brightly as the sun.

"Bravo, Pencil! Given that I can't see you, you got the spell right on your first try! You clearly have potential in magic." Astral was proud to have successfully passed this spell to another unicorn, especially in such a short time frame.

"Hold on a minute Pencil, wherever you are. Dynamo needs assistance."

Astral trotted towards the gamer pony who lied flat on the green landscape, he hoped there was no lasting damage.

"Are you alright Dynamo? Do you need to take a break?"

@ExplosionMare

He pulled his face away from Pastel as he heard Astral call out to him. With a sigh, Dynamo gave a shaky nod. "I'm okay. Just my pride was a little hurt, I guess." He looked over at Pencil, but he found that she was nowhere to be seen. Hearing Astral's earlier praise, it seemed as if she was able to master the spell. "I think I might need to take a break. If that's okay, that is." His mane covered his eyes as he could feel his lower lip starting to quiver. He wanted to cry in frustration, but he didn't want to look weak in front of the others. He wasn't mad at Pencil, but he did feel jealous. He admitted to her that he wasn't the best at magic either. So, he knew that he wasn't alone on having trouble with magic. However, he felt defeated as she was able to master it, while he was still struggling. It didn't help from the earlier laughter from the others during the first attempt at the invisibility spell. He knew they were just laughing at how the spell worked and not at him. Given what he went through in his old hometown, he still felt like he was being a laughingstock. It didn't help that the words from his old bullies had rung through his mind. He slowly got back up to his hooves and began to slowly drag himself over towards the book he had from earlier. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"Good! Looks like you're fine!"

And with that, she dropped it. At least she was satisfied?

Her composure changed upon seeing Dynamo about to cry. Pencil was doing well, so she guessed this was having an effect on him... She didn't really know what to do, she didn't have any candy, or any jokes... 

Suddenly, she remembered how happy she made everypony at the concert and got an idea. She sat next to Dynamo as she watched Pencil practice her magic and sung a small tune, just loud enough for Dynamo to hear.

"I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly, I'll do what it takes 'til I touch the sky~"

• Brohoof 1

@Astral Vision

“Wait what I did?” Pencil gasped, sputtering as she spoke. She was completely unaware of herself until she looked down, noticing the absence of her hooves. She waved them around and saw nothing despite feeling the wind they swept up. She had to admit the feeling was weird, but she rather enjoyed it.

I’m living the introvert’s dream she thought to herself, smirking despite not being able to tell if her mouth was aligned right.

@Dynamo Pad

Pencil noticed Dynamo trotting sadly over to a corner. She grew concerned about him, then felt her heart drop down towards her stomach upon realizing what had made him upset. To make him feel better, she focused on releasing herself from the spell. However, the reverse spell was rushed and Pencil found it difficult to bring back any visible part of her body.

“Hey guys, I’m stuck and I don’t know what to do!” she cried, panic seeping into her voice.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

The gamer pony blinked a couple of times as he tried to gather his bearings. He could hear the sound of hoof steps off in the distance as Pastel made her way towards him. "I don't believe I have amnesia. If I did, then I wouldn't know who you are, Pastel. I do also remember Astral, Pencil and Samurai too. I guess that spell had a lot more of a backlash than I thought." He would have continued talking, but he felt his face being grabbed by the young filly. His eyes widened as he felt his face being brought directly towards her face. "Wait. There was a fire? I don't recall anything like that at my old home. That, and wasn't there a sort of bonfire for that celebration we had?" He knew Pastel was joking around, but he still had to ask.

@ExplosionMare

He pulled his face away from Pastel as he heard Astral call out to him. With a sigh, Dynamo gave a shaky nod. "I'm okay. Just my pride was a little hurt, I guess." He looked over at Pencil, but he found that she was nowhere to be seen. Hearing Astral's earlier praise, it seemed as if she was able to master the spell. "I think I might need to take a break. If that's okay, that is." His mane covered his eyes as he could feel his lower lip starting to quiver. He wanted to cry in frustration, but he didn't want to look weak in front of the others. He wasn't mad at Pencil, but he did feel jealous. He admitted to her that he wasn't the best at magic either. So, he knew that he wasn't alone on having trouble with magic. However, he felt defeated as she was able to master it, while he was still struggling. It didn't help from the earlier laughter from the others during the first attempt at the invisibility spell. He knew they were just laughing at how the spell worked and not at him. Given what he went through in his old hometown, he still felt like he was being a laughingstock. It didn't help that the words from his old bullies had rung through his mind. He slowly got back up to his hooves and began to slowly drag himself over towards the book he had from earlier. 

@Dynamo Pad

Astral's face degraded to a stern expression upon Dynamo's sadness. He had seen this disappointment in many other ponies, including himself. Astral walked over to Dynamo, and sat down beside him.

"Listen Dynamo, I know what it's like to feel the way you do. Anyone can become jealous of others' talents, especially if it's something they want to be good at themselves. But the fact is, if we focused so much on what others thought or the goals they accomplished, we'd forget to worry about ourselves. You for one are different from any other pony, not because of your current hindrance in magic, but because you're you. Being yourself is something that no one else can be, so just focus on getting the spell right at your own pace; and if it wasn't clear already, you have friends to help you push forward."

@Astral Vision

“Wait what I did?” Pencil gasped, sputtering as she spoke. She was completely unaware of herself until she looked down, noticing the absence of her hooves. She waved them around and saw nothing despite feeling the wind they swept up. She had to admit the feeling was weird, but she rather enjoyed it.

I’m living the introvert’s dream she thought to herself, smirking despite not being able to tell if her mouth was aligned right.

@Dynamo Pad

Pencil noticed Dynamo trotting sadly over to a corner. She grew concerned about him, then felt her heart drop down towards her stomach upon realizing what had made him upset. To make him feel better, she focused on releasing herself from the spell. However, the reverse spell was rushed and Pencil found it difficult to bring back any visible part of her body.

“Hey guys, I’m stuck and I don’t know what to do!” she cried, panic seeping into her voice.

@ExplosionMare

Astral sighed at the sound of Pencil's worry, and got up from his sitting position to set things right.

"Don't worry Pencil, allow me." Astral's horn glowed once more, and in a flash of magic, Pencil's appearance was restored to normal.

• Brohoof 1

@Astral Vision

Pencil frowned as soon as her body was fully visible. She had a good thing going, then as soon as she began to worry, she lost it. How typical of her.

“I can’t believe I didn’t know how to change back!” she said more to herself than anypony. She thanked Astral for returning her back to her purple and brown self then trotted over to Dynamo, who still appeared to be sulking in a corner.

@Dynamo Pad

Pencil found a comfortable spot between the two and sat down on a small patch of grass. She tilted her head a bit to meet his gaze but found difficulty in doing so. Instead, she sat upright and said quietly,

“I’m sorry you didn’t get the spell right away. It’s actually kinda tricky, to be honest. If you happened to see what I just did I could turn myself invisible but not visible!”

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Good! Looks like you're fine!"

And with that, she dropped it. At least she was satisfied?

Her composure changed upon seeing Dynamo about to cry. Pencil was doing well, so she guessed this was having an effect on him... She didn't really know what to do, she didn't have any candy, or any jokes... 

Suddenly, she remembered how happy she made everypony at the concert and got an idea. She sat next to Dynamo as she watched Pencil practice her magic and sung a small tune, just loud enough for Dynamo to hear.

"I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly, I'll do what it takes 'til I touch the sky~"

Dynamo's ears perked slightly as he heard Pastel was beginning to sing. He recalled the events of yesterday and he remembered the young pony had the voice of a goddess. He was still feeling sad, but it seemed he was understanding that she was trying to help him.

24 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Dynamo Pad

Astral's face degraded to a stern expression upon Dynamo's sadness. He had seen this disappointment in many other ponies, including himself. Astral walked over to Dynamo, and sat down beside him.

"Listen Dynamo, I know what it's like to feel the way you do. Anyone can become jealous of others' talents, especially if it's something they want to be good at themselves. But the fact is, if we focused so much on what others thought or the goals they accomplished, we'd forget to worry about ourselves. You for one are different from any other pony, not because of your current hindrance in magic, but because you're you. Being yourself is something that no one else can be, so just focus on getting the spell right at your own pace; and if it wasn't clear already, you have friends to help you push forward."

@Astral Vision

@Dynamo Pad

@ExplosionMare

Astral sighed at the sound of Pencil's worry, and got up from his sitting position to set things right.

"Don't worry Pencil, allow me." Astral's horn glowed once more, and in a flash of magic, Pencil's appearance was restored to normal.

13 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

@Astral Vision

Pencil frowned as soon as her body was fully visible. She had a good thing going, then as soon as she began to worry, she lost it. How typical of her.

“I can’t believe I didn’t know how to change back!” she said more to herself than anypony. She thanked Astral for returning her back to her purple and brown self then trotted over to Dynamo, who still appeared to be sulking in a corner.

@Dynamo Pad

Pencil found a comfortable spot between the two and sat down on a small patch of grass. She tilted her head a bit to meet his gaze but found difficulty in doing so. Instead, she sat upright and said quietly,

“I’m sorry you didn’t get the spell right away. It’s actually kinda tricky, to be honest. If you happened to see what I just did I could turn myself invisible but not visible!”

As he heard Astral's voice and Pencil's voice, the gamer pony still kept his gaze hidden away behind his mane. He knew feeling sorry for himself wasn't the answer. However, he felt his friends were somewhat misinformed on how he had been feeling. Lifting his head to reveal his gaze, Dynamo decided that he should explain himself. "It's not that I'm jealous. I mean, I guess I am a bit jealous, but not in that way. I..." He stopped and sighed. Taking his front hooves and placing them on either side of his face to rub his temples. He would always feel nervous and become tongue tied as he wasn't sure how to put his feelings into words. "It's just...I'm honestly really happy that Pencil had managed to get the spell to work. I guess my problem is that I'm always afraid I'll never get something no matter how much I try or how much effort I put into something." As he sat, he pulled his hind legs closer to him as he wrapped his arms around his legs. "I think I mentioned this before. Back when I was younger, I had trouble controlling my magic. I know most unicorns gain their magic when they are at a young age or close to be being a teenager. For me, I wasn't able to gain my magic, until I was around fourteen years of age. That was around five years ago for me. Most students saw that as a weakness, while my bullies had something to use against me in their bullying tactics. I was always called a failure and treated like an outcast. It's why they rallied the students in my school to pick on me. It was their way of not letting me ever forget and to prove to me that kindness and friendship is not worth anything."

He shook slightly as he never really liked to bring things like that up from his past. However, being with the others had seemed okay to open up about himself. "It's why I worry if I say or do something that would mess something up. I worry that if I did something wrong or failed, then everyone in my life will just leave or walk away. A way of proving my bullies that they were right and that I'd always be what they would call a failure." He closed his eyes as he gave the group a smile. Although, it was a sort of fake smile to try and not get them to worry. The smile soon cracked as he opened his eyes, while looking towards the ground. "I just wish she was here right now too." He would say, resting his chin on his knees.