Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Dynamo Pad @Oni Equine @ExplosionMare @Reality Check

Thundy listened to Frozen's answer, and it seemed as if his speech affected Calhoun as well. When he heard the words "Start over", a smile began to form on Thundy's face as he knew that the crack was widening even more. He took a breath...but just as he was about to say something, he heard Frozen yell at him to get down and felt himself being pushed away by Calhoun. Thundy immediately summoned Wonder Woman's arm braces, crossing them into an X, clanging them together. The clang caused a shockwave that spread towards the constellation. Thundy was still in a defensive position with his arms crossed. "We still have our match! Let's finish our talk then!" Thundy called out as he jumped back to face the constellation.

• Brohoof 1

@Oni Equine

"A statue of yourself and your brother would draw attention to this town for sure but if you still have mail connections you can send invitations to other towns to invite other ponies here, as well as ad fliers for tourists. You see, this town also needs something that can attract tourists. If tourists can come, than you are able to build more revenue here, and the increase in revenue will create jobs, jobs creates citizens. At least, that is one idea." she shrugged slightly at that

"I would be willing to be the town florist, as well as a town healer for those that need it. I can heal using the power of plants and herbs. I may be gone for long periods, but at least while I am around I can provide my services." Opia replied calmly, and logically. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@Dynamo Pad @Kronos the Revenant @ExplosionMare @Courageous Thunder Dash @Ragland Tiger

Alhimar had observed what Sparkly and Pencil had done with Cheap and was most pleased with the results. Not only had they used their environment to their advantage, they had also successfully managed to land a strike against Cheap. "Thank you, Samurai. But let us not talk now, while we are in battle. Focus on your objective." Alhimar had spoke to Samurai before he had ran off to deal with Leo. Alhimar was enraged at Leo's ability to go non-physical but noticing Leo's charge - Alhimar would allow for Leo to attack him purposefully. While normally this would have been a downright stupid move but due to Alhimar's lack of pain he had let Leo bite into him. He had moved so that Leo would only have bit into his shoulder rather than his neck.

Alhimar winced as he felt Leo bite into him. Even though there was no pain whatsoever he could still feel it. It was going to bleed. A lot. However his next move would be more than worth it. For what felt like an eternity for Alhimar, the others could see this action as it unfolds. Why isn't Alhimar doing anything? That question would be answered shortly. Feeling the surge of power within him as his rage built he would spring to action in less than a second. Grabbing Leo's head with his powerful strength he ripped it right out and then would proceed to drop kick Leo into the air. Alhimar was playing weak in that moment, allowing him to get the upper hand!

While Leo was in the air, Alhimar had jumped after him. The others could see the blood dripping out of Alhimar's shoulder as he spun in the air and gave Leo the most powerful kick he could. Given his increased strength - this would likely be enough to send Leo flying out of the arena all together. A bite on the shoulder was more than worth it to stick it to Cosmic and his allies. Afterwards Alhimar would land prominently and proudly for all to see. "Nothing and nobody will stand in my way! Cheap, your tricks with your constellations is over! Surrender now and I may show leniency on you!" he shouted to Cheap at the top of his lungs. Cheap could clearly see Alhimar's blood soaked clothes. Pulling out a round mint colored object, Alhimar would injest it. Not that the others could see it, but the effects of the mint like object would cause Alhimar's wounds to close up over the next 30 seconds as well as heal the various scratches and scrapes on Alhimar's legs.

After the whole ordeal with Leo, Alhimar was able to catch a glimpse of Dynamo's actions with Cosmic. "You can do this, Dynamo! I believe in you! Strike Cosmic down like the scumbag bully he is and this whole thing will be OVER!" he boomed, loud enough for Cosmic and Dynamo to hear. He would observe what actions had came next as he had picked up a piece of debris from the ring that was destroyed and went ahead to drop kick it into Cheap's direction.

@Starforce

"We tried sending out fliers and advertisements, but it wasn't working. At one point, one of the major towns sent a letter to our print shop, asking us to stop printing expired promotional material. ...It wasn't expired, and I wanted to retaliate by sending them a photocopy of my flank!" Mayor Black sighs. "Every time we had a set back, my brother would always stay positive. He always thought that one more day, and it'll all turn around in the towns favor. I got tired of waiting for one more day." It seems this town has all ready tried a lot of things.

Mayor Black writes down an address and gives it to Opia. "Here you go. This shot should have all the stuff you'll need, if you're going to be a florist. Tell them you work for me; that should get you some good deals. They might even give you some stuff for free! My name still pulls some weight around here."

@Reality Check, @Frisk, @Ragland Tiger, @Courageous Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare, @Kronos the Revenant

Just as Samurai has successfully gained Taurus' attention again, he notices Aquila and Artemis are back! "They're still around?!" But he doesn't have time to thing about it, because they are attacking! Aquila dives in, and so Samurai leaps into the air, concentrating his magic as goes into a spin. "Flaming KICK!!" With fire on his hind hoof, he delivers kick strong enough to push Aquila into Taurus. But as Samurai lands, he sees the oncoming arrows. Once again, he takes up his sword and swings. He manages to knock some away, others phase through him since they are phantom arrows, but two of the arrows actually hit! Now they are lodged into the left, floating shoulder guard of his armor. "Gah... Dynamo-otoutosan, please hurry. I am not sure how long we can all keep this up." Samurai mutters to himself.

While he still has a break in the action, Samurai runs over, withdraws his sword, and tacks Artemis as best he can with every attempt to engage in a power struggle. As he does so, he glances in Dynamo's direction for a moment. Dynamo is building up to something big. Could this be the moment that settles things?

"Ha! Got 'em!" Starlight laughs at how successful Sparkly's attack was. While Cheap is distracted, Starlight fires her magic at him, attempting to trap him in a crystal block. It didn't work with Cosmic before, but maybe it'll work with Cheap.

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Nodding at the mention of their match, Frozen kept a bird's eye view of the fight to help direct Thundy and Calhoun. "First let's take care of the constellations, then we'll have our match and discussion. For now, Calhoun can keep you guarded and I'll be your eyes in the skies. If you see something coming, throw up your gauntlets and we'll do the rest. Got it?" He advised as he didn't want to act like he was giving orders. If he was truly going to start over, then he wanted to do the right thing. Leo growled as he landed a direct hit upon Alhimar, but it almost seemed a bit too easy. It didn't look like the zebra was in any sort of pain, but the strike seemed to have done some damage. Snarling as its head was grabbed, the lion tried to pull away from Alhimar, but found that it was impossible. With the zebra's enhanced strength, Leo was completely at its opponent's mercy. Not so long after it was kicked up into the air, Leo had felt another kick that sent the constellation careening downwards. There was no way for Leo to right itself to land on the arena, before crashing onto the grassy terrain. With that one last hit, the constellation began to fade away just like the Ursa Major had done before. Getting over the pain, Cheap slowly opened his eyes to assess what had just happened moments ago. Leo was nowhere to be seen, while Alhimar's clothing had looked torn and ragged. With a piece of debris heading his way, the earth pony pulled back a hoof. Just before throwing said hoof in the direction of the debris to destroy it on impact.

@ExplosionMare @Starforce @Oni Equine @Ragland Tiger @Kronos the Revenant @Reality Check

Feeling a sort of pressure in the air, Cheap had looked over towards Dynamo and Cosmic, who seemed to have both gotten ready to fight. That is, until he noticed Dynamo had looked different. "What's going on with Drool Pad? W-Why does he look like that?" He had never seen Dynamo look like that before, but it didn't seem too friendly in appearance. As a few of Artemis' arrows made contact, Aquila had extended its talons to clash with Samurai's flaming kick. The move was able to overpower, as well as push back, but the eagle was not deterred. Releasing a caw, Aquila flew towards Taurus in an attempt to pick the bull up to send it flying into the group. Artemis, on the other hand, dodged, while attempting to block or parry Samurai's sword swings. With how Cheap was distracted by the fight between Dynamo and Cosmic, he didn't notice Starlight, who had used her magic to trap the earth pony inside a crystal block. "What the!?" He attempted to attack the crystal from the inside, but but found himself completely immobilized.

TEN

NINE

As round two of their fight commenced, Dynamo opened his eyes to see that Cosmic was upon him. Even though his pupils were not there due to the effects of the spell, he could still sense his opponent. "LET'S GOOOOO!!" With a mighty shout, an invisible force had pushed out from all around him. Those that were in the arena could feel the force/pressure, while Cosmic was pushed back from his charge. "You've got to be kidding me? He pushed me back with a simple shout?" The bully couldn't explain it, but he felt some sort of tremble in his chest that caused him to shake slightly. He didn't have time to question it as Dynamo had rushed over, before turning to kick Cosmic into the air with his back hooves. Cosmic gritted his teeth as the attack impacted his chin, while being sent into the air. With his back legs returning to the ground, the blue unicorn had lifted his front hooves up, before slamming them upon the ground. The ground around him started to rumble, before pieces of the ring detached themselves. Each piece moving themselves around in an odd formation above, below, or in between Cosmic as they floated in the sky. Turning into his spin dash form, Dynamo quickly flew up to Cosmic, using each piece of the ring as footholds to allow him to climb. Closing the distance, Dynamo flew quickly into Cosmic, before bouncing on one of the floating pieces and ricocheting back to Cosmic. The process repeated itself to where it looked like Cosmic was in a makeshift pinball machine. Along with Dynamo, who was the pinball and attacking Cheap rapid-fire.

'M-My body...can't withstand this barrage.' Cosmic grimaced as each attack into him was starting to add up in terms of damage. 'If I can't get out of this, I'm going to be squashed.' Gritting his teeth, Cosmic shook with anger as his horn began to glow with power. "That's enough!" Creating a shield and pushing the barrier outwards and around him, the pieces of the ring soon fell out of formation, before falling back into their original spots within the arena. Making sure that Dynamo was nowhere to be found, he removed the barrier as he started to fall towards the arena. He panted for breath as he received a number of bruises from his face to his body. Scanning his eyes around him to find his opponent, he gasped sharply as he was grabbed, but it wasn't a normal hoof or talon. Looking down at the appendage, he was appalled at how it was a claw, but the claw, itself, looked demonic. All the while, a giant blue arm had grabbed Cosmic. From what it looked like, it seemed to have been an extension of the arm Dynamo now sported.

Spoiler

58b20cf32f781844ec20f2cf-large.jpg?cache

EIGHT

Throwing his arm down, Cosmic struggled to break himself free. It was of little effort as the bully was slammed upon the ground as the ring in a heap. Not so long after being grabbed, the arm had let go of the neon green unicorn. Slowly dragging himself up to his hooves, he looked over towards the source of his hatred, before noticing that Dynamo was nowhere to be seen. "Where did he...?" His question was interrupted as he felt a punch to the side of his body. After that, he received another hit to his face. "Grr...DON"T YOU DARE MOCK ME!!"

SEVEN

SIX

He was then surrounded in a vortex of wind, while being bombarded with hits left and right. Dynamo had kept attacking nonstop on the bully with his belt still active. Two cartridges were found within the belt if one had noticed from before. One being the arm, while the other was from the power of Aero, or wind from Kingdom Hearts. The reason being that Dynamo's front hooves were coated with wind. Each time that the attack would land, Cosmic would receive extra damage from the blade like winds around Dynamo's arms. Cosmic felt himself struggling to stay up as he was thrown into a slugfest. Taking a moment to breath as he still remained hit, the bully closed his eyes as he had to stay focused. His ears perked as he kept a track on the sounds of Dynamo's movements from all around him. Quickly opening his eyes, Cosmic reached out and caught Dynamo. Effectively wrapping his arms around Dynamo from escaping.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @Reality Check @Oni Equine

Chelsea felt the energy from Dynamo. She turned to reality. “This is it. Dynamo will defeat Cosmic. I know because I feel it within Dynamo’s heart. All that Cosmic put Dynamo through will arise and Cosmic will be done for.” Chelsea said to Reality. “Do it Dynamo Pony! DEFEAT COSMIC PONY!!!” Bingo shouted at the top of his lungs with a loud howl. 

Thundy kept a sharp watch. He saw as the Leo constellation was destroyed just like the Ursa Major. He felt an energy and turned to face Dynamo. He closed his eyes. “You got this, my brother.” Thundy said telepathically to Dynamo. Thundy felt something inside, like a burden beginning to lighten up, but a flash of his parents appeared and he winced. “No…” He said to himself putting his talon on his heart starting to pant lightly. 

@Oni Equine

Opia listened to Mayor Black's frustrations in agreement. "Then you should stop waiting and start acting. I would tell your brother to stop hoping and start doing. You can't just wait and hope for something to come. You have to pursue your goal, achieve it and do something about it. I can start doing that by becoming this town's Florist. I can also work for you and with you on other things to earn my keep here, as well as other things." Opia spoke calmly, yet also firmly and takes the paper.

"Another thing is, while your brother may be idealistic you and him need to work together in a more fluid manner. It will benefit the town. I can also mail my family some cards and information about this town. Perhaps I can tell them to even spread the message about this town, and we can have more visitors. Just an idea." Opia suggested to him, also calmly.

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Courageous Thunder Dash @Kronos the Revenant @Ragland Tiger

Alhimar was most pleased with the results of Leo being kicked away and looked on in pride of how he had defeated Leo. There was one less foe around in the arena to deal with. While Cheap had dealt with the piece of Debris he was now sealed inside of crystal by Starlight's attack. "Good one, Starlight! I am glad Leo is dealt with too!" Alhimar spoke happily and then looked to Cheap. "How do you like that, huh? How about that, Scumbag?! Thats what you get!" Alhimar spoke in a goading manner and would step back and proceed to keep an eye on Cheap as he was sealed inside of the crystal.

Looking on over to Dynamo, Dynamo was now using a powerful attack and Cosmic was now on the backfoot. While it seemed relatively close, Dynamo had powered himself up and engaged in battle with Cosmic. "You can do it Dynamo! Cast down that disgusting fiend! Make him feel worthless!" Alhimar had boomed proudly before looking to Samurai. After observing Dynamo and Cheap for a bit, Alhimar would quickly sprint towards Samurai's location.

He would target Artemis first and moved to do another running kick - aimed at throwing Artemis out from the arena or at least distracting them from attacking Samurai. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Feeling the energy for themselves, Calhoun and Frozen had taken notice of Dynamo and Cosmic. Rather, Dynamo gaining the upper hoof and overwhelming the neon green unicorn. "Good grief. Here I thought I pushed Cosmic into a corner, but I didn't expect that from him. Is that due to the belt that Dynamo's wearing?" Calhoun wondered, while Frozen had kept a close eye on the two fighters. Hearing the question, Frozen floated down to join the yak and griffon. "I don't think it has anything to do with the belt." The pegasus commented, while seeing Cosmic had captured Dynamo, who was stuck in a hold. "It's been on my mind why Cosmic hated him so much. I thought it was based on appearance and his kindness that got to him. The mark never made much sense to me, but now I know." Interested in unknown knowledge, Calhoun turned towards his friend. "What do you know?" Steeling his gaze, he continued as his attention stuck to the fight. "I've seen some gamer's try speed running a game, or compete in tournaments. It's why Cosmic trained Cheap in order for him to be ready to beat Dynamo, or anyone in general. It's the cutie mark and I suspect that Cosmic realized it too." Glancing back at the two to make sure they were following his train of thought, Frozen continued to elaborate.

"When a pony finds something that they truly feel passionate about, or at the very least. They find what they consider to be their destiny, then their cutie mark appears. For a gamer, it's actually quite different. Sure, to be a gamer to compete in tournaments, work in arcades, create games and such is one such destiny. However, there's a hidden destiny that some don't truly know. The reason I brought up speed runs and tournaments is that it allows gamer's to push themselves. To break records that are deemed impossible to surpass. To overcome obstacles that are set before you. To take on someone that's stronger or even the crowd favorite. Don't you get it? Cosmic saw that as his opportunity to gain power for his gift in magic. Can you imagine what he'd be like if he had video games as his special talent? He'd be virtually unstoppable with nobody to challenge him." Frozen sighed, now knowing what Cosmic was so fixated on. "That's why when he saw his prize standing before him, he wanted to do everything he could to get that mark. For those who have the mark of the gamer, then all limits that bind them disappear. There are no such things as a limit from holding you back, or rather. The limits that were deemed impossible to break are possible to overcome. Right now, I've never seen such a spell before from Pa...I-I mean, Dynamo." Frozen knew that it would take some time for him to get used to calling Dynamo by his actual name, but he knew this was his change. "Based on appearance and that pressure from before. It looks like he's overcoming those limits to finally put a stop to Cosmic." He wasn't sure if this would be enough, but if anyone could stop Cosmic, then he knew it was the gaming unicorn.

Perking his ears at the sound the griffon's treating, Frozen and Calhoun looked to see Thundy, who had a talon over where his heart would be. "Thundy? Are you alright? What's the matter?"

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Oni Equine @Reality Check @Starforce @Kronos the Revenant @Courageous Thunder Dash

Grunting as he kicked his back hooves to try and escape, Dynamo had the squeeze put on him by Cosmic. Cracking an eye open, Dynamo grimaced as the bully smirked. "I told you that you were so predictable, Kyubiki. You kept landing attacks in the same spots from previously in order to maximize damage. A wise strategy, but oh, so predictable. I don't know what kind of spell that is, but it's still nothing compared to what I've become. Even if the worst case scenario happens and if I were to lose, then it matters not. For if I go down, then that just means I'm taking you with me!" Cosmic exclaimed as he would try and take the punching bag's magic to stop this charade. Dynamo's eyes shot open, gritting his teeth as what Cosmic said was not going to happen. "L-Like Tartarus I am!" His eyes fading, Dynamo's horn glowed brightly as he the stallion pulled his head back. Just before throwing his face forward to meet Cosmic's as he gave the bully a headbutt. With Dynamo's horn being encased with magic, he would be safe as their horns clashed from the impact. Cosmic, being caught off guard, was not so fortunate. As one horn slammed into the other, Cosmic gasped as a sharp pain flew across the bully's forehead and horn. If one could listen, they'd hear a crack which emanated from Cosmic's horn.

FIVE

Upon letting go, Dynamo backed up a few feet, while Cosmic gripped as his face with his hooves. Groaning from the pain, Cosmic growled as his eyes trailed to Dynamo. "Cheap shot." He commented, not referring to the actual Cheap, Shot, who was frozen in a block of crystal. 'I don't understand it. That magic did increase his strength, but I can sense his magic is depleting rapidly. It's like it's dropping like a stone. He should be weak and barely able to fight. So, where is he drawing his strength!?' Rubbing his forehead violently, Cosmic stood up to face the blue unicorn. "You're just some nobody who comes from who cares where. You think you can stand up to the likes of me? Well, you don't know who you're dealing with. I am the Otaku Knight of Wrath! I am wrath and hatred incarnate! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA ON WHO I AM!? HUH!?" The only thing that could be heard over the random explosions among the ring was Cosmic's echoing shout. As if that single shout hat drowned everything out to where there could be silence. It was then that a voice could be heard. "I do." Baring a look of confusion, Cosmic had watched as he listened to Dynamo's explanation. "You were someone that never had taken anyone's nonsense. You had the strength to back up your claims. You were someone that used to be kind and caring if you can believe that. I always considered you as a friend and I even considered you like a brother, but you changed. You let your pride and ego get the better of you. You didn't want to work hard as you believed being gifted defeated natural hard work. You preyed upon the week as you were afraid of anyone not fitting the mold you placed upon others. To me and to others, you're nothing, but a bully."

Shaking his head, Dynamo looked at Cosmic with a look of determination. He mind and resolve were loud and clear. "So, yeah. I do know who you are. You know something else? I don't care who you think you are anymore, you stinking clown!" Snarling at the insult to his name, Cosmic rushed towards opponent with a cocked back hoof/fist. Throwing out the attack, Dynamo managed to duck under Cosmic. "Because I..." His mind flashed back to when he received his mark and magic. "I..." Another flashback were of his parents. "I..." Another flashback was of when he met Starlight after losing his father. "I..." His mind flashed once more to Bluebell, Samurai and all of the friends he had made when he came to Friendshire. 

FOUR

"BECAUSE I WILL SURPASS YOU!" With a mighty roar, Dynamo quickly turned as his back hooves kicked into Cosmic's chest. Sending the bully flying as he found himself floating a bit in the air thanks to his magic to stay airborne. "DARN IT! Just disappear already!" Charging up his horn, Cosmic became desperate as he launched a laser spell at Dynamo. The unicorn lowered his back hooves, before dodging out of the way of his attack. Another laser was launched, but this time at the downed Bluebell. Quickly moving over and picking her up, Dynamo jumped out of the way before the attack could get them this time around. Placing her gently on the ground, Dynamo looked at the mare who had taken hold of his heart. Leaning down, he placed a kiss upon her forehead as he smiled. "I promise, Bluebell. We'll defeat him together." Looking up, Dynamo removed the cartridges he had in the Driver, before a new one manifested in their place. With a click, the Gashat had come to life.

MONKEY D. LUFFY

Placing the gashat cartridges into the Gamer Driver, Dynamo pulled the lever as he began to transform.

MAXIMUM GASHAT! GACHAN! LEVEL MAX!

"I'm gonna become King of the Pirates! Gum Gum Fruit's Monkey D. Luffy!"

A light had enveloped upon Dynamo, before quickly fading to show Dynamo was in a new attire. The outfit consisted of a red open sleeveless vest, blue shorts with a yellow sash, sandals on his back hooves and a straw hat behind his head as it was kept up with a string. Dynamo sported a scar on his chest in the shape of an 'X' and a scar under his left eye.

Spoiler

op_luffy_5.png

THREE 

TWO

As the gaming unicorn twisted his body, the effects he displayed earlier from Lightning Dust were in full effect. With his body made of rubber, he inhaled a deep breath as he continued to spin. His body expanding as he twisted himself a couple of times. Letting out his breath by looking downwards, Dynamo had effectively launched himself up like a balloon that had just been popped. Righting his ascent, Dynamo looked up to Cosmic as he threw a front hoof back. 

"Gum Gum...!"

Seeing that an attack was coming, Cosmic prepared himself for another blast of his magic. "You're starting to become a major pain, loser!"

"STORM!"

Seeing that Dynamo wasn't stopping, Cosmic wasted no time in wanting to eliminate the competition. "Just give up already!" He remarked as he let loose another laser spell. Throwing his reeled back hoof, Dynamo's front hooves were coated in a mix of his magic and his fire elemental. As the hoof connected with the laser, the punch brushed right through the spell. Whatever Cosmic had put into his magic, it paled in comparison to the power Dynamo was displaying. His stretched hoof continued to race, before connecting into the side of Cosmic's face. Throwing his other hoof and pulling the other back in preparation to swing, Dynamo attacked relentlessly as if multiple hooves were thrown. All the while, letting loose a battle cry as his hooves went flying. Letting loose scream after scream as if releasing the pain and frustration the bullies had put him through in his childhood. With one last punch, Cosmic was sent flying up, before slowly heading towards the arena. His eyes fading as the barrage of swings overwhelmed any possibility of durability. As Dynamo fell alongside Cosmic, the gaming unicorn managed to flip in the air to land on his hooves. As he landed on his hooves, Dynamo had slipped and landed on his side as his energy was starting to run out. The same couldn't be said to Cosmic, who slammed into the arena with a thud.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Ragland Tiger @Reality Check @Oni Equine

Thundy turned to Frozen and Calhoun. "Memories...you see...I wasn't always a griffon. I was what is known as a human. I'm actually from a far away planet called earth. When I was little, I was struck by lightning...and transformed into what you see now...a griffon. My parents almost abandoned me that night. That bitter feeling has stuck with me ever since, which is why I nearly raged hard due to my impure heart. It's been tough, but I made a promise to myself that I would...let go...but it's so hard...especially with what happened with Dynamo...speaking of which...this is it for Cosmic, Dynamo has gone full power with Luffy. This next combo should do it..." Thundy said. "I call Dynamo my brother, because we have a lot of things in common." Thundy explained watching the scene unfold. A song popped into Thundy's mind, which radiated to the speakers. Thundy knew this would be the moment Cosmic gets what he deserved.

In the stands, Chelsea tapped her left paw to the beat. "Yes, what goes around comes around." Chelsea said. "What that mean Chelsea bird?" Bingo asked. "Well, it means that if you do something bad, it'll come back to haunt you. Cosmic hurt Dynamo, and tried to hurt Bluebell, and now he's paying for it. You can call it...karma." Chelsea said. Bingo stood up. "Dynamo! Give Cosmic pony Karma!!" Bingo shouted. Chelsea giggled cutely. 

• Brohoof 2

@Courageous Thunder Dash

"I remember you said you weren't a normal griffon and now I can see why. Normal griffons can't use lightning or whatever is it that you were using. I can understand now why you were so fixated on what Dynamo has felt. With how you were treated, it was as if you had gone through something similar. Only, it was different in terms of the situation." Frozen explained, watching as Dynamo had let loose a fury of attacks against Cosmic. Calhoun, meanwhile, had looked at Thundy as if he had grown a second head on his neck. "A...human? Forgive me, but my knowledge is too lacking on the term. I've never heard of someone turning into a griffon. Unless it's by some kind of transfiguration. Before you ask, I've dabbled into the subject. I may not be able to use magic, but it's quite an interesting read. At any rate, I'm sorry to hear what you've gone through, Thundy. I know what it's like to have that sort of rejection or abandonment in your case. What with how other yaks aren't as smart as I am. Whatever you're going through, perhaps there might be a time where you have to face whatever it is that troubles you."

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Oni Equine @Starforce @Reality Check @Kronos the Revenant @Courageous Thunder Dash

Dynamo panted for breath as the spell he used was overtaxing his magic. Deactivating the spell, his eyes had returned to normal, while the crackled lightning had ceased. He even disengaged the cartridge he used as his rubber body had turned back to normal. "One second left. That was way too close, but it was worth it to take him down." As Cosmic had landed on the arena floor, every constellation had begun to vanish. Whether Cosmic had run out of magic, or it was due to him losing consciousness, the answer was unknown. That all changed as Cosmic's body twitched to indicate that he was still in this. Grunting from the pain he had received, he slowly got his way back up onto this hooves. Albeit, much more slowly and with difficulty with the injuries had had sustained. Even as he used the amulet's magic to heal him, he found it difficult to do so. What he didn't realize was that the damage he had received had stacked up in the long run. Dynamo's nonstop attacking had caused most of the neon green unicorn's injuries to remain unhealed. There was too much damage to heal all at once. Taking a deep breath to sigh, Dynamo slowly got back up, as well. Knowing full well that this fight wasn't over just yet.

Seeing how much damage the punching bag had done had made Cosmic's blood to boil. His body began to twitch as he grinned his teeth in frustration. "I hate you. I HATE YOU!!!" He screamed as his voice echoed throughout the stadium. Furrowing his eyebrows and narrowing his eyes, Dynamo could only shake his head. "You hate losing. You hate to admit the fact that there might be someone that could be your equal." He reasoned, but Cosmic would have none of it. "Don't you dare talk to me like you know me, loser! I am to be one of the greatest unicorns in all of Equestria. You're nothing, but a loser and failure, you lap dog!" Gritting his teeth, Cosmic's horn began to glow once more as electricity began to emerge. Smirking sadistically, he prepared himself for one final charge. "Time to end this." Seeing that Cosmic still planned to continue, Dynamo stared at the unicorn standing right across from him. His eyes trailed down towards the ground as it seemed that there would be no reasoning with him. With so little magic left, Dynamo closed his eyes as he knew there was only one thing he could do now. Concentrating his magic, a spinning orb in the form of a baseball had been created. For a moment, neither side was planning to move. Almost as if waiting for the first person to draw, before both sides rushed towards the center. 

As both unicorns rushed to each other, memories of them flashed in Dynamo's head. Each moment, from Dynamo gaining his mark and magic, to meeting Starlight, to everyone in Friendshire. The only difference was that Dynamo was with Frozen and Cheap, while Cosmic would be where Dynamo was meant to be. 'You know something, Cosmic? For you and I? Our roles could have easily been reversed.' Even as they rushed towards one another, the attacks they used were flipped. If one could look at them now, it was like they were wearing outfits of certain characters. 

Spoiler

26198654_10208949543930828_3703722073068

"Rasengan!"

"This is the end!"

Both sides used one of their front hooves to grab the spells they had prepared, before meeting each other in a power struggle. Both attacks colliding as a force erupted from their clash. Effectively pushing anyone away who dared to get close to the struggle. As both sides tried to gain dominance, it looked like both sides were even for the moment. It all soon changed as Dynamo was slowly being pushed back by Cosmic. His Rasengan even seemed to have slowly been running out of energy. Noticing this had caused Cosmic's grin to widen. "Oh? What's wrong!? Are you running out of steam!? That magic you used must have taken a lot out of you. So, you're barely able to hold on! Let alone fight back!" Chuckling, Cosmic knew that even with the injuries he sustained. The amulet had given him enough power to win this fight. Dynamo, on the other hoof, grunted as he didn't want to quit. "J-Just be quiet!" He exclaimed, pushing back slightly to which caught Cosmic by surprised. "Woah! Now what was that just now? Your second wind, or your final gasp!? Either way, this is the end of the line for you, Kyubiki!" Dynamo felt his free hooves skidding slowly across the ground as he desperately tried to gain traction. Try as he might, he wasn't able to gain any sort of advantage over his bully. It didn't help that his magic was slowly failing him as he couldn't hold on much longer. 'I-I'm not going to make it. I-I failed. I gave it everything I had and even with the spell, it looks like still wasn't enough. Bluebell, Starlight, Onii-san, everyone. I'm so sorry. F-Father...I-I'm so sorry. I-I really tried.' Closing his eyes, Dynamo accepted his fate as he knew it was only a matter of time that the inevitable end was near.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Starforce

Mayor Black turns his head, making a disgusted face. "I'll only work with him when and if it's absolutely necessary. I've all ready told my brother, if this town starts becoming more prosperous, then I'll return to rule by his side, and not before." He hears Opia's other suggestion. "Family, huh? Sure, send them an invite. The more the merrier!" Seems he welcomes that idea.

@Reality Check, @Frisk, @Ragland Tiger, @Courageous Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare, @Kronos the Revenant

The final countdown on the battlefield has begun.

Starlight Glimmer is celebrating and keeping Cheap in place, but she notices Dynamo giving it his all against Cosmic. "Dynamo! You can do this! You've got all of us behind you. Show him the true power of friendship!" Starlight cheers for him.

Samurai had been busy mele fighting with Artemis this while time. He managed to get him in a headlock, but when he sees what Dynamo is doing, this fight just doesn't seem to matter to Samurai anymore. Instead, he tosses Artemis to the side and starts walking, trying to get as close to Dynamo as he can. "Otoutosan!! Akiramenaide!!" Samurai calls out, reaching out. If he can do anything for him; lend him some power, lend him some strength, anything at all, he will.

"He's falling!" Straightaway commentates. "Dynamo is falling!!" Elusive adds. "Don't give up now, fighter Dynamo!!" Mayor White adds. "STAND UP AND FIGHT!!!" All three judges commentate, suddenly finding their voices again.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad@Courageous Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare, @Kronos the Revenant @Reality Check, @Frisk

Bluebell opened her eyes, and turned her head to see Dynamo struggling.  "Dynamo--d-dynamo, don't g-g-give up..."  Her pendant began to glow brightly, and a magical beam arose from it, winding  it's way to Dynamos pendant.  The pendant around his neck began to glow brighter and more intensely than before.

• Brohoof 2

@Firefighter Equine

Opia nods to Mayor Black's statement. She appears to be unphased by his emotional outbursts. "If that is what you wish than that is what shall be, then. As for your scanning, I hope we can find clues as to what this curse magic is, and why this town is so unusual and isolated compared to the others..." Opia leans in and quietly spoke. "Feels as though...there is destiny here. Fate..." she drones off slightly.

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Courageous Thunder Dash @Ragland Tiger @Kronos the Revenant

Alhimar watched Dynamo's actions with pride. "You can do this Dynamo! You can crush that numbskull scumbag like he is! I believe in you, we all believe in you! You can do it!" Alhimar cheered wildly, screaming at the top of his lungs. He wanted to make it loud and clear that Dynamo had his support, and Alhimar was most pleased that the others were doing much the same for Dynamo. Watching the fierce confrontations between Dynamo and Cosmic was very interesting but he was disheartened to see that Dynamo was on the backfoot against Cosmic. "DON'T LET HIM WIN! DON'T LET HIS TRICKS FOOL YOU! WE ALL BELIEVE IN YOU!" Alhimar bellowed pridefully. 

• Brohoof 1

@Firefighter Equine @Dynamo Pad @Courageous Thunder Dash @Starforce @Ragland Tiger

Score! Pencil attacked successfully! She quickly bounced off Cheap and prepared for her next attack. Sparkly was right behind her, grinning at her victoriously. She grinned at Starlight cheerfully for helping her out. She couldn’t have landed the attack without her.

“Alright, Cheap! You ready to see one of my deals?” she asked coily, sneakily taking something out of her saddlebag and placing one item into each hoof. “Pick a hoof!”

Meanwhile, Sparkly flew into the air in search for anything she could potentially help out on, all while making sure everyone was protected, Pencil especially. She concentrated on the dust spells she had saved up and allowed warm, purple magic to pulsate around her horn. It had a tingly feel to it which filled her with excitement and power.

Who else thinks they stand a chance against me? she wondered. Although she previously hated the idea of fighting, she loved having the chance to stand up against harmful foes in this way.

Over where Cosmic and Dynamo were, it appeared that Round 2 of the tournament was beginning. In spite of all of the chaos, the fight continued. It seemed this time that things were turning around as Dynamo was gaining on Cosmic. Pencil and Sparkly both hoped Dynamo could survive against Cosmic during his entire countdown.

“Go, Dynamo! Use everything you’ve got!” Pencil yelled so her cheers could be heard.

“Focus on your heart and your mind and let that guide you to victory!” Sparkly added. She was pretty loud already, so there was no need to raise her voice.

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Firefighter Equine @Starforce @Reality Check @Kronos the Revenant @Courageous Thunder Dash

Just as Dynamo's attack was about to fade, Dynamo had soon felt a warmth that begun to envelop his body. Looking down, he noticed that a beam of light had hit his pendant, before said pendant had begun to glow even brighter than he ever did before. It was then that the gaming unicorn could hear it. The voices of all those who had accepted him for who he truly was. The friends that stuck by him all the way up until now. Closing his eyes once more, he recalled a piece of memory from each of those that he called a friend. 'Bluebell.' He recalled the date the two went on together, to confessing their feelings and to their first kiss. 'Starlight.' He recalled the moment the two of them had met. To having her support in a tournament and talking about what happened to his father. 'Onii-san.' He recalled the moment he had received the portable video game console, to where they had considered themselves as brothers. 'Bro.' He recalled the moment the moment both he and the male griffon had wanted the gaming unicorn to be his brother. 'Pencil, Sparkly.' He recalled the two telling him to not give up, while having a heart to heart with the unicorn and alicorn. 'Chelsea, Kronos, everyone.' He recalled the moments that the group had stood together to help defend Friendshire. To the moment that they had found him when he nearly ran away from Cosmic and his team. The moment they reaffirmed that he was their friend was the moment he felt he could start being true to himself.

Cosmic, knowing that he had won, decided to push for the win. "YOU"RE DONE!" As he pushed, he found that there was some invisible force that blocked his way. 'Huh? W-Why can't I push back?' Try as he might, the bully was getting nowhere, before he found himself being pushed back. The orb of energy that was slowly fading was starting to reform. Almost as if the energy was expanding and becoming stronger than it was before. 'N-No...t-this can't be. I can't let myself be pushed back by him. I won't allow it!' Even as he gained his footing back, there was still one more voice calling out to the blue unicorn. 'Let go.' Dynamo gasped as he heard the voice, but the presence was nowhere to be seen. 'You have to let go. You have more power than you realize. It's time for you to understand what makes that magic strong. Let go! Let your magic and power explode! Do it, my son! Do it now, Dynamo!' Tears had threaten to spill, before slowly cascading down his cheeks. 'Father.' Slowly opening his eyes, Dynamo looked Cosmic in the eyes as his eyes narrowed. "How about you give up. Give up on trying to make me give up!" Pouring everything he had from the amulet and his magic reserves into his lightning, Cosmic was intending on ending this fight once and for all. However, something felt off. Almost as if something was wrong. That's when the bully's magic had unexplainably shorted out. The lightning around him faded in and out as his magic began to fail him. Taking this as the opportunity to strike, Dynamo pushed forward as his attack canceled out Cosmic's. Just before the attack had slammed into Cosmic's chest where the amulet was. Effectively destroying it as the gem shattered into pieces.

"N-NOOOOOOO!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!" Cosmic's shouts could be heard throughout the stadium as the attack had hit its mark. 'WHY!? HOW!? How could I lose to him again!? How could I lose to such a failure!?' His mind raced as memories of his shortcoming came flooding back into his mind. Looking back at Dynamo, the bully had looked scared as if he was seeing a completely different pony. His eyes shrank even further as he thought he saw a silhouette appear behind the gaming unicorn. That silhouette was an orange pegasus, who had black/gray mane tied up in a ponytail. A black gray tail, blue eyes, and a cutie mark that was of a welder's helmet and a checkered flag. That pegasus was Dynamo's father, Quick Fix, who looked to have appeared as a spirit to support his son. Appearing next to Dynamo and Quick were others that looked like a vision to Cosmic. From Bluebell, to Starlight, to Samurai, to Pencil, to Thundy, to Chelsea, to Kronos, and others that Dynamo had come into contact with, or who called him a friend stood next to him as if protecting him. 'T-Them? I-It was all them? Those he called friends? Were they the true reason that he was this strong?' Just as the others were disappearing, a new figure had emerged as the figure had their back to Cosmic. After what seemed like an eternity, the figure turned around to reveal that it was Dynamo, but in the age of what looked to be of a young colt. The young colt had a neutral expression. Almost unreadable for Cosmic to comprehend. Young Dynamo soon smiled as he held a hoof out for Cosmic to take. Noticing this, Cosmic looked to see that he was a young colt, as well. 'Am I...being given another chance? Maybe...this is a sign.' Reaching out to take Dynamo's hoof, Cosmic soon realized what he was doing, before pulling his hoof back.

'No...I can't. Even after all I've done, I will never accept it. If I was given the chance to do what I did again, then I'd do it in a heartbeat. I will never acknowledge friendship and love.' As reality kicked back in, Dynamo grunted as he gave a final shout, before letting the attack go. Cosmic found himself being sent flying back as the attack carried him a few feet. Just as he slammed against the protective walls between the arena area and the stand, Cosmic gasped as the wind was knocked out of him. The wall started to crack as it soon crumbled around him, before falling to the ground and was out of bounds. Dynamo gasped for breath as the magic from his horn slowly faded. His legs shook as he felt like he was going to collapse at any second. With that last bit of magic, the gaming unicorn was just about empty. Even though he was just about out of magic, Dynamo had hoped that this was it. He gave it everything he had, but he hoped that Cosmic was down for the count. He couldn't do much more at this rate. He gasped as he heard the sound of groaning, while Cosmic slowly opened his eyes. Taking in his surroundings, he realized that he was covered in rubble, as well as outside of the ring. That was a clear indication that he had lost, but he was already disqualified. So, the results of the tournament didn't matter to him. What mattered was what happened now. "I don't understand it. W-Why won't you put an end to this?" Hearing this caused Dynamo to close his eyes and give a sigh at the defeated neon green unicorn.

"If I did that, then I'd be no different that you, Cosmic." Dynamo responded, Cosmic chuckling as he found the response as pathetic. "So, then you're admitting that you don't have the stomach to go through with it. I knew it! I KNEW IT! You don't have it in you to actually take me down! Even after what you did, you still are the same, sad, pathetic unicorn I know. No matter how hard you try and no matter what you do. You will always and forever be a failure!" Cosmic's chuckles soon morphed into laughter as he felt he had won a moral victory. The victory was short lived as he knew that nobody was laughing. Laughter ceasing, Cosmic watched as Dynamo shook his head. "It's not that. It's because you're not worth it." Hearing that caused something inside Cosmic to snap. "What was that? I-I'm not worth it? What is that supposed to mean!?" Cosmic growled as Dynamo spoke up.

"I said that finishing you off is not worth it, Cosmic. Even if I did, then what would that solve? It's like I said before that all it would show is that I'd be no better than you. You rely on nobody, but yourself. You selfishly use others to get what you want. Even if you did get what you want, then you wouldn't feel satisfied. You'd still just be empty and you don't even care who you use or who you have to hurt to get what you want." There was a brief pause, before Dynamo continued to speak to Cosmic. "It's why I did everything I could in order to protect everyone from you. Did you notice something though? That whole time I used that spell and my magic, my magic wasn't corrupted. If I gave into my hatred like you did, then my magic would be corrupted. However, you could see a pure warmth of light. A sign that I tried to not let revenge and hatred take over after what you've done. Even after all of these years, you've let revenge take over and you wouldn't move on. It's tiring after a while, Cosmic and I'm done with your games. I didn't have to take it easy on you, so I didn't. I went all out with that spell to give you something to remember. Even when you think you're safe in your dreams or your worst of nightmares. I was one of the very few who could defeat you." Dynamo panted for breath, but he knew he wasn't finished speaking. "This fight is now over. Your pride and reputation as a gamer are gone. Today, you showed everyone here what kind of individual you truly are. You challenged and lost to a gamer who is almost superior to you. Do you know what the worst part about that is?" He asks, narrowing his eyes slightly. "You labeled him as a failure didn't you."

Hearing that caused something to snap once more within Cosmic. As if hearing those words had caused the unicorn to tremble with anger. "I know I could tell you that I'll never forgive you for what you've done. As much as I might sound crazy, I'm not going to do that. I know that deep down, there's still some good within you, Cosmic. It's why I want you to take time to think about all that you've done. If you really wish to change, then I'd like for us to start over. If not, then I want you to leave me and my friends alone. It's over, Cosmic." Sighing, Dynamo slowly turned as he tried to walk towards his friends. However, Cosmic's heart rate had started to increase rapidly. His eyes were the size of peas as memory after memory of his defeats played through his mind. "No. No, no, no...NO!" Rising to his hooves, Cosmic had let out a roar of anger. "Don't you dare act like you can be might, loser! I will not stand for this humiliation!" He declared, his horn charging with magic to the point the ground was rumbling. "I've been made a fool out of for the last time! I don't care about this town! I don't care about this dumb tournament! I don't care about anyone, so long as they meet my goals! I will not lose! I will not disappear! I will not be eclipsed by your shadow! DO YOU HEAR ME, KYUBIKI!?"

As he saw Cosmic charge his magic, Dynamo felt his body begin to tremble with worry. With how many injuries Cosmic sustained, it was impossible for him to stand. Let alone, have any magic left. "I'LL GET YOU ALL FOR THIS! YOU WON'T ESCAPE...MY WRATH!" Looking at each and every single pony and creature in the ring, Cosmic knew who his targets were. "I'LL GET YOU!!!" Gritting his teeth, the bully glared daggers at everyone present. "YOU'RE ALL MINE!!" He exclaimed, preparing to launch his spell to take anyone and everyone down. Just as he was about to launch his laser spell, the spell rebounded as he was knocked backwards. His own unicorn horn exploding on impact. 'My...m-my...' He thought as he landed back on the ground. The pain and shock of what had just happened had caused the unicorn to pass out. Dynamo had let out a breath he didn't know he was holding as it looked like Cosmic was finally knocked out by his own hooves.

"It was his anger." Frozen spoke up, alerting the others who were around him to realize what he had discovered. "It seems like his magic is fueled by his anger. The more anger he got, the more magic he could generate. It appears that the revenge he had was what kept his power going for so long." He would say, before a sudden thought had been bothering him. "How did his horn break like that? I didn't think something like that was even possible." Hearing this had caught Calhoun's attention, as well. "I didn't even know unicorn's could destroy their own horns either. Do you think it was that spell that caused the explosion?" Hearing the suggestion had made Frozen shake his head in disagreement. Running through the possibilities, Frozen's eyes widened slightly as the theory seemed impossible, but not unlikely. "It was the headbutt." Listening to the answer, Calhoun could only shake his head. "As much as I respect and appreciate your intellect, Frozen. I find that theory to be highly unlikely and illogical." The ebony pegasus nodded in agreement, but opted to push on. "It is, but I think that's what happened. If you recall, Dynamo charged up his horn with magic, before head-butting Cosmic. Using his magic as a sort of barrier, he made sure that his horn wouldn't be damaged from the impact. Cosmic was caught off guard, so he didn't have any opportunity to defend himself. He must have gained a crack in his horn when that happened and his magic was going haywire. It's why that attack failed in the final clash against Dynamo, as well as when he charged up his magic as the explosion occurred. Charging up his magic had caused the magic in his horn to overload. It looks like even in the end, his anger and revenge was his own undoing." Near the end of Frozen's explanation, Dynamo had thought the area around him was starting to spin. The gaming unicorn's legs had finally given out on him as he collapsed on the arena floor. The magic drain and exhaustion he had gone through had finally caught up to him as he passed out from fatigue.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Starforce @Firefighter Equine @Reality Check

Thundy looked and saw when Cosmic was sent flying out of the ring with a blast. "He's done it!" Thundy shouted happily jumping up and down. He suddenly stopped celebrating when he saw just how weak Dynamo was. Bingo was celebrating in the stands until he saw how tired Dynamo was. He had a look of concern on his face. "Is Dynamo Pony okay...?" Bingo asked. "He looked beyond exhausted...Thundy or myself may need to go and restore his energy..." Chelsea said. 

Suddenly, when Cosmic got back up, Thundy gasped, clenching his fists, but saw a detail that Cosmic didn't even see...magic...it was growing...until...it all exploded. When Thundy heard Frozen's explanation, he nodded. "Yep, I figured, and this is what he gets. It's sad, really sad. This is why you don't put your anger in a place like this. So what if someone gets a talent you desperately wanted, that's them. There are hundreds...no...thousands more talents out there that you can obtain to forge a new destiny." Thundy said to Frozen and Calhoun as he walked over to the passed out Dynamo, and gently picked him up holding him close.

Back in the stands, Bingo was celebrating at the defeat of Cosmic. "Well I'm glad that this is all over. Poor Dynamo...one pony's anger caused all of this..." Chelsea said turning to Reality. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Courageous Thunder Dash @Firefighter Equine

Sparkly watched from above as Dynamo and Cosmic were at the heat of their battle. She also surveyed the area to make sure nopony tried to charge at Pencil again. Thankfully, she seemed to know what she was doing with her tool creation spell. The fight below continued and strong bursts of magic were shot between the two unicorns. Fury and vengeance consumed Cosmic while determination and friendship filles Dynamo with power.

The power Dynamo has inside of him is far greater than anything Cosmic possesses. He works hard for everything in life and always supports his friends. Cosmic on the other hoof, he takes the easy route in life, which will be unfulfilling in the long run Sparkly thought, pondering the outcome of the fight.

With one final blow, Dynamo succeeded and defeated Cosmic, leaving him with a slightly cracked horn. Now he couldn’t say anything about Dynamo’s horn since his now also has a disadvantage.

Sparkly smiled with satisfaction but Pencil frowned with concern. She looked up towards Sparkly and said,

“I know he had that coming, but I hope he’s okay.”

Sparkly nodded and flew down towards the area Dynamo and Cosmic were in. She picked up Pencil with her magic to carry her along. Pencil squirmed but did not protest since she was not dragged quickly enough to be annoyed or uncomfortable.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Courageous Thunder Dash @Kronos the Revenant @ExplosionMare

Necry returned after talking to Zacian."Huh. I wonder what everyone is doing still?" He said. He changed to Dawn Wings Forme and flew to find someone to talk to.

Zacian was watching Necry from a distance."Be strong little one. " He bowed his head in a foreshadowing manner and said telepathically,"Who knows what may strike next...or who..."

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

The gaming unicorn's legs had finally given out on him as he collapsed on the arena floor. The magic drain and exhaustion he had gone through had finally caught up to him as he passed out from fatigue.

@Dynamo Pad @Courageous Thunder Dash @Kronos the Revenant @ExplosionMare @Firefighter Equine @Starforce @Reality Check @Kronos the Revenant

Some of the remaining spectators looked on in stunned silence while Bluebell struggled to drag her broken, pain ridden body back into the ring, and towards the unconscious Dynamo.  When she reached him, she looked around at her astonished friends, and, even through her own pain and trauma, she smiled at them.   With her horn softly flickering and sputtering with what little magic she had left, She looked up at his face with tears in her eyes. "Y-y-you d-did it," she said, her voice weakening.  "I n-n-n-knew y-you could.  Feeling her own consciousness start to slip away, she  closed her eyes, and said, "I l-l-love y-y-you d-Dynamo Pad, n-no -- re -- regrets.  With that her horn flickered one last time, and its color faded from blue to pale grey.

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

Kronos look on to his two friends in awe after what transpired. Fearing the worst, he bumrushed to their aid, knocking back others out of his way.

“DYNAMO!! BLUEBELL!!” he called out as he slid to their sides, “No, no no no, you can’t go on like this.” He then summoned one of his spirits. “Gabriel,” he beckoned, “Please tell me they’re okay!”

The blueish white ethereal pony held his hooves above both bodies. He gave a slight grin and turned to Kronos. 

“They’re exhausted to the point of passing out. Relax, child, they’re alive still. Give them rest and they’ll bounce back.”

“Thank Xerox,” Kronos breathed a sigh of relief, “These two are tough ponies, I’ll give them that.” He then stepped back to give his friends space to get up and breathe. 

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Firefighter Equine @ExplosionMare @Reality Check @Ragland Tiger @Frisk

Thundy saw Bluebell who also collapsed. He gently laid Dynamo next to Bluebell, letting out a quiet sniffle. He hoped the two would recover, but knew they needed medical attention. 

Chelsea sensed odd magic. She started to pant a little. “Chelsea bird okay? Will Dynamo and Bluebell be okay?” Bingo asked concerned. “I don’t know…I sense dark magic within Bluebell…she took a major blow…the magic from the alicorn amulet is a completely different story…” Chelsea said sniffling a little herself. Bingo sort of hugged Chelsea. 

@Starforce

"...Let's hope so." Mayor Black says with a nod, surprised by the sudden closeness. As he turns on his desk radio, he is suddenly shocked by a sudden news announcement. It's about what's going on in the tournament. It covers what happened between Cosmic, Dynamo, Bluebell, the big free-for-all battle, and the tragic ending. Mayor Black's eyes go wide. "Excuse me, Opia. Something has just come up. You can follow me to the hospital, or you can do the flourist thing you spoke of. If you need any help, my staff will gladly do whatever you request. But right now, I have somewhere I need to be." Mayor Black says as he leaves his desk.

He goes back outside and finds a shed of some kind. Unlocking it, Mayor Black pulls out his motor scooter. He gets on it, looking a little too heavy for the thing, he start up the motor and soon drives off. He has one destination in mind...

Safe to say, the finale of this battle leaves everyone, well, almost speechless.

Cosmic is defeated; it's a hard won victory. Any astrology beasts that he summoned before are gone now. This fight is over, but it has clearly taken too harsh a toll on Dynamo and Bluebell. "Get the staff on this, immediately!!" Mayor White orders. Elusive Facts has stepped away from being a commentator to be a journalist again, reporting everything that is happening to her personal news crew. And naturally, the tournament staff are on it, including medical staff.

Helping out with Dynamo is rather easy, he's mostly just tired and maxed out on magic, but no amount of healing spells seem to be working on Bluebell. "No good, boss. The second her injuries heal, they just re-open all over again. We better get this one to the Hospital." The staff says. Starlight hears the news and nods, magically taking Cheap under her own control so that he won't get away. Not that he can, being trapped in crystal and everything. "Fillies and gentlecolts, it seems two fighters and a civilian have been critically injured. The tournament committee has agreed to postpone further tournament activities until the victims can get the necessary medical attention they need. We apologize for the chaos and the temporary intermission as we try to stabilize their conditions. We hope you all understand. Please stay safe." Straightaway comments. As he does so, Samurai is beside himself. He saw everything. He eventually remembered that he let Kronos borrow his dark stone buster sword, but too late to use it now. "...You did it, otoutosan. You were the hero I couldn't be today." Just as Samurai takes a step forward, he feels something against his hoof. He sees what it is and recognizes it. When no one is looking, he scoops it off the ground and hides it in his armor. Samurai goes over to Cosmic, finds some random rope, and uses it to tie Cosmic up. He hoists Cosmic onto his back. "All right, everyone. Let's get these two ponies to a hospital, immediately." Samurai says.

It's a whirlwind of a trip.

Everyone from the tournament who is close to Dynamo and Bluebell, everyone who cares, comes along to the nearest hospital. Including the judges! Thankfully, Dynamo and Bluebell are given the same room so they can relax on two neighboring beds. A doctor comes in to help with the healing process. No doubt Chelsea and other medical staff are using their medical abilities to help Dynamo and Bluebell. Dynamo will make a full recovery in mere minutes, but what about Bluebell? Why is it she isn't so easily healed?

After a thorough examination, the doctor speaks up. "The reason for Bluebell's condition is clear. Her injuries are a product of dark magic, which is effectively blocking any normal magic from healing her. This curse doesn't seem to be too strong. It will most likely fade away on its own over time. Until then, Bluebell will have to heal up naturally, which could take a few months or so. We're looking at broken bones and other complicated conditions. If we had to take a guess, Dynamo's overwhelming magic during the fight kept him from being afflicted by any dark magic effects." The doctor explains.

...All because of dark magic...

Samurai, by this point, has taken off his helmet and skull mask. He looks over at Cosmic, who has been sleeping this entire time in the corner of the room. He's been tied up. Everyone decided to postpone his medical attention for the time being. Samurai looks upon him angrily. He walks over, pins Cosmic against a wall, and gives him a few power slaps across the face. It's loud enough to fill the room. "WAKE UP!! Wake up this instant, kisama!" No doubt Cosmic will be tired, confused, and drained. But he doesn't need to be awake forever, just long enough for him to hear Samurai out and complete a simple task. As soon as Cosmic regains consciousness, Samurai pulls out what he grabbed earlier. It's a fragment of the Alicorn Amulet. Specifically, it's the head, and the eyes still have a faint glow. Samurai holds it up to Cosmic. "Now you listen to me. You're going to use this fragment, and you're going to reverse the damage you did to Bluebell. And if you can't heal her, then I demand you transfer her pain and all her injuries to me instead! You got that?!" Samurai says.

Obviously, this causes some gasps and surprise. But before anyone can say anything, Samurai stops them. "THIS IS MY DECISION! Sure, I could use this fragment of the amulet myself, make Bluebell feel better. I'm a hardened warrior that has seem some terrible battles. I can shoulder whatever injuries Bluebell has much better than she can... I'm sure Thundy, Chelsea, or just about anyone here could it as well. But that's not the point. Right now, you have a lot to answer for, Cosmic. You've hurt Bluebell, endangered innocent lives, and caused all kinds of destruction. When this is over, you won't get to go home. You might not even get to see a jail cell. I report directly to Princess Celestia. I can have you BANISHED to the moon, if I want! So if you want any kind of chance to be exonerated of your crimes, if you want ANY kind of mercy or pardon, then you'll use this fragment and make things right. I'm giving you that chance, so you should be thankful and take it." Samurai demands with all the full seriousness in his heart. Cosmic is not really in a position to argue right now, and Samurai is hoping that with the Alircorn Amulet broken, it won't be affecting his negative emotions anymore. Hopefully, Cosmic has some kind of mental clarity right now.

"But Samurai, to go THAT far? Do you understand how long you could be bed ridden?" The doctor asks. "It's fine. I can accept that. Today, I watched my brother be a hero, something I should have been. As guardian of Friendshire, I'm suppose to protect this town from danger so that no one gets hurt. How can I call myself that guardian if I can't even protect one single soul?" Samurai asks, looking over at Bluebell for the moment. "...When they wake up, tell Dynamo and Bluebell that they are both heroes, and they should be proud of what they did today." Samurai concludes, practically saying his goodbyes.

It seems like that pretty much settles it, until a voice speaks up.

"In that case, let me have some of Bluebell's injuries." Mayor White says, stepping up. "No, Mr. Mayor! You can't, I--" Samurai begins. "NO! You weren't assigned to this town to protect it. Your Shogun assigned you to keep the peace as an ambassador, becoming the guardian was extra on your part. Please, I am the mayor. I love this town, and it's citizens. They are like my children. Let me be the father I haven't been able to be for a long time now. Protecting the citizens is my responsibility too. I'll shoulder some of Bluebell's pain. I'm not some helpless citizen being attacked, I'm a volunteer, and I know what I'm getting into." Mayor White says, putting a hoof on Samurai's shoulder. "White-sama..." Samurai says in disbelief, his eyes wide and glossed over from White's selflessness.

... "...Well, if volunteering makes all the difference, I don't mind taking on some of Bluebell's pain too. ...What? Don't you know? Before I was a news reporter and got my life together, I use to be in a street gang. I can take some pain too. No big deal." Elusive, the brave pegasus reporter, says before putting her hoof on Samurai's back. "I'll volunteer too. We can't lose a valuable citizen at this rate, right?" Straightaway says with a nod, putting a hoof on Samurai's other shoulder. "Yeah. Dynamo's my friend too, and so is Bluebell. I wouldn't be Twilight's apprentice if I wasn't willing to help out. Give me some of Bluebell's pain too." Starlight Glimmer smirks and adds her hoof to Samurai's back.

About that moment, the door busts open, and Mayor Black appears. "NOT SO FAST! I heard everything. Don't think you're going to be doing this without me. If anyone's going to be taking on some of Bluebell's injuries, it's me. Go ahead; whatever portion you're giving my brother, I want DOUBLE that!" Mayor Black says before walking over and putting a hoof on Samurai. "Brother..." Mayor White says, stunned. "What? Don't look so surprised, brother of mine. After all, I am the greedy one, remember? And you're not the only mayor that cares about this town." Mayor Black explains.

Samurai smiles, touched by all the selflessness everyone has. He looks around to see if anyone is also going to get in on this, but he also turns to Cosmic to see if he'll agree to it. Then again, what choice does he have?

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Firefighter Equine @Reality Check @Ragland Tiger 

Thundy hoped and prayed that Bluebell would be okay. He decided to stay at the tournament stands. In the stands, Chelsea prayed that everything would be okay. She gathered some water energy and traced the energies of those who went to be with Dynamo and Bluebell. "Oh dear...they're deciding who will take the pain of the dark magic inflicted on Bluebell..." Chelsea said to Reality. "I'm watching from the tournament arena. I can sense all your energies. I just hope you take care..." Chelsea said telepathically to everyone within the hospital room. 

• Brohoof 1

@Firefighter Equine

Opia had listened to the radio and didn't visibly react to it. However she considered what had happened there to be most unfortunate and there was no way in the world she was going to go anywhere else than be by Mayor Black's side. "I am coming with you. Rest assured of that." she had spoke somewhat ominously and followed him out. Opia was interested in the scooter but didn't have time to ask questions and quickly hopped on. As they rode through the town, she would lean into Mayor Black slightly. The most important part was that she had the widest smile in the world - but Mayor Black couldn't see it. Opia felt like she had a friend. For once.

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Kronos the Revenant @Ragland Tiger @Courageous Thunder Dash

Alhimar followed them along to the hospital after what had occurred between Dynamo and Cosmic. It was all a massive blurr to him and it happened so fast he didn't have any proper reaction to it. He was glad that Cosmic got defeated, but at what cost? Dynamo was gravely wounded. He stayed silent along the way there, shaking somewhat. This was far too much of a serious situation than he ever wanted to find himself in but he had wanted to be there for Dynamo and the others. He had to play his part. 

As Alhimar walked there the dried blood on his shoulder was obvious from the damage. His clothes were battered, and quite frankly all enthusiasm he had for the win was gone. He was more nervous as to what would happen next.  Alhimar would stay silent throughout the interactions in the hospital. It wasn't his place to say anything but he would take a respectful stance to show that he was here for Dynamo and Bluebell - even if he didn't know them well.

When Mayor Black had came in so had Opia. Opia was standing there right beside him and heard what Mayor Black had said. With tears welling up in her eyes she looked to Mayor Black. "I-I..." she stammered, but had the mental strength to speak her mind. "I know that you are the Mayor of this town, Mayor Black and I know that this is all in your choice...but I am willing to take someone's pain. I don't know who Bluebell and Dynamo are, but I will do it. I don't want you getting hurt. I don't want to see you in pain. You are the only one I trust around here and I don't want you to do this. If you insist in taking someone's pain I will be right there with you, You are are my friend..." Opia spoke to Mayor Black and didn't at all care about the reactions of the others. Nervously, she stepped forward and held out her hoof to Mayor Black. Her words were monotone, yet Mayor Black was the only one could tell she was on the verge of tears. 

Alhimar was stunned at what he had seen of Opia and also stepped forward and looked to Samurai. "...I-I...had a few things I was going to do if this hadn't happened...I need to admit something to you, Samurai. When you walked away it felt like you didn't care about me. Nobody asked how I was after what went down...it felt like nobody cared about me. When I saw what Cosmic and the others were doing I wasn't going to stand for it. When I came to this town I came to make a difference because nobody back home believed in me. My parents didn't. So I decided that I would come here and make a difference because what else did I have...?" he closed his eyes with a long sigh. 

Alhimar looked out the window. "I wanted to beat you again, Samurai...I wanted to prove to you that I could do something. But now I know that I have. I faced off Cosmic and Cheap the best I could..." he offered a bow to Samurai. "I am also willing to take a part of Bluebell's injuries. I know I haven't done enough. I know I could have been better. But now...I will be." he shuttered, but he felt as if he had something he needed to do. 

Opia stayed close to Mayor Black. Her eyes were full of nothing but affection, yet sincerity for his word and being.