Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

9 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare

Astral could see the eagerness in the gaming unicorn's eyes, and having no other major obligations at the time, Astral decided it was best not to be rude.

"Sure, I wouldn't mind coming along to Pencil's home. I am admittingly curious on what Pencil may create for her unique 'vision', not just just cause that's my last name." Astral held back yet another chuckle. First the prank with Pastel, then the leg joke at Dynamo's expense, it was starting to seem like Astral was a bit of a jokester underneath his calm demeanour.

@Samurai Equine

Astral was curious at the mention of Mistmane once again, it seemed that she played quite a large part in lives of Dynamo and Samurai, even though the two ponies had no proven connection to her.

"I wouldn't mind seeing it sometime, Samurai. And don't worry, nopony's perfect."

@ExplosionMare

Dynamo grinned as everyone in the group was on board with the plan. "I guess that settles it, then. First, to Pencil's place and then to the arcade!" He exclaimed, before turning towards Pencil. "I guess it'll be follow the leader. Please lead on and show us all da wae." He winked, before chuckling. He quickly turned back to Astral, before his jaw dropped slightly at the pun he had given. "It looks as if you are a fan of puns too. Very clever might I add. It sounds like you and I are going to get along well as friends." He knew the pun was terrible, but the gamer pony had made a few bad puns in his time, as well. He couldn't help in laughing and acknowledging Astral's pun. It seemed that he was learning something new about his friend.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Pencil smirked and playfully rolled her eyes at Dynamo’s joke. She couldn’t help but play along with it, so she replied,

“Okay, I’ll show you da wae!”

She thought about making clucking noises as well, but figured that would be overkill. She shrugged the idea off and headed into town. She wanted to maintain a pace of a near-gallop, but decided to remain at a trot in order not to lose anypony behind her.

@Samurai Equine @Astral Vision @Pastel Heart

“My house is just this way! It’s a pretty short distance away, so this shouldn’t take long,” she told the others.

9 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

@Dynamo Pad

Pencil smirked and playfully rolled her eyes at Dynamo’s joke. She couldn’t help but play along with it, so she replied,

“Okay, I’ll show you da wae!”

She thought about making clucking noises as well, but figured that would be overkill. She shrugged the idea off and headed into town. She wanted to maintain a pace of a near-gallop, but decided to remain at a trot in order not to lose anypony behind her.

@Samurai Equine @Astral Vision @Pastel Heart

“My house is just this way! It’s a pretty short distance away, so this shouldn’t take long,” she told the others.

8 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Astral Vision @Samurai Equine

Pastel giggles, swaying her tail as her friends bantered. These days were fun, she thought. She wanted them to last forever!

Upon Dynamo's back, she saluted Pencil like a sailor as they headed to their destination. This was probably the most fun she's had since, ever. And more was to come!

@Astral Vision @Samurai Equine

Dynamo snickered as Pencil played along with the joke, before looking back at Pastel. The latter of whom was saluting Pencil like a sailor. "For those who do not understand or wish to understand, then we shall teach them the way! I mean, why find da queen when we already have one." He looked back at Pastel, while pointing a hoof at her. "She is da new queen and shall show us da wae. Join with me, my friends. Lets us show them all the battle cry of Friendshire!" He exclaimed, before breaking out into making clicking noises. He soon stopped as he broke down into a fit of laughter. "Oh, we aren't even at the arcade and this is already the best." He sighed, wiping a stray tear from his eye from the consistent laughter.

He nodded as he was able to hear Pencil's description of her home. "That sounds like a plan to me. It's a bit of a walk to the arcade, but it's not too far." He smiled as he continued to keep pace along with the others. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Kronos the Revenant

"Yes, we are going to settle this." Says a voice in the dark. A stallion steps forward. "We'll settle this when you buy some of my merch. I saw you come into my shop earlier today. You looked around and didn't buy a single thing! I don't forget the face of a window browser." As he speaks, Kronos' captive scurries off into the rest of the building.

@Windy Breeze

Mr. Cobblestone gives her the keys to her new apartment. "Thanks, it's a bit rustic but not too old world. We're still fairly modern too. Wednesdays are usually community bingo night, if you're interested. Any questions, Ms. Shadow?"

@Dynamo Pad, @Pastel Heart, @Astral Vision, @ExplosionMare

Seems Dynamo, Pencil and Astral were all interested in his artwork after all! "Well, if you want, we could go by my house some time. I wouldn't mind showing off my work, as long as it's with close friends that is."

As they lead the way, Samurai notices some of them making jokes, especially puns. Dynamo and Pastel really seem to be enjoying themselves! It makes him think a moment. "Puns, huh? Well then, how about I shoot another one Samu-Right back at ya!" Samurai does a comedic pose after making that pun.

"...Was it too much? I'm more of a soldier than a comedian..." Samurai stops, brushing a hoof through the back of his mane.

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, Samurai Human said:

Seems Dynamo, Pencil and Astral were all interested in his artwork after all! "Well, if you want, we could go by my house some time. I wouldn't mind showing off my work, as long as it's with close friends that is."

As they lead the way, Samurai notices some of them making jokes, especially puns. Dynamo and Pastel really seem to be enjoying themselves! It makes him think a moment. "Puns, huh? Well then, how about I shoot another one Samu-Right back at ya!" Samurai does a comedic pose after making that pun.

"...Was it too much? I'm more of a soldier than a comedian..." Samurai stops, brushing a hoof through the back of his mane.

@Pastel Heart @Astral Vision @ExplosionMare

Upon hearing about seeing Samurai's drawings, the gamer pony threw a hoof in the air in celebration. "Alright! Maybe we can all stop by after the arcade. I don't have my drawings, but maybe I can see if I can still draw them. I'm more of a gamer than an artist, but still sounds like fun." As they continued to walk, Dynamo looked back to see Samurai making a pun. All the while, striking a comedic pose. Dynamo stayed silent as he almost stopped in his walking, before exploding into a fit of laughter. "I see what you did there. At first I thought it was a Kirby reference, but now I got it. Very nicely played, my friend."

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Samurai Human said:

@Kronos the Revenant

"Yes, we are going to settle this." Says a voice in the dark. A stallion steps forward. "We'll settle this when you buy some of my merch. I saw you come into my shop earlier today. You looked around and didn't buy a single thing! I don't forget the face of a window browser." As he speaks, Kronos' captive scurries off into the rest of the building.

@Windy Breeze

Mr. Cobblestone gives her the keys to her new apartment. "Thanks, it's a bit rustic but not too old world. We're still fairly modern too. Wednesdays are usually community bingo night, if you're interested. Any questions, Ms. Shadow?"

@Dynamo Pad, @Pastel Heart, @Astral Vision, @ExplosionMare

A slow golf clap soon broke the silence, and was revealed to be made by Astral. Well, more accurately, the sound was coming from two holographic hands that Astral had made with his magic.

"Well played, Samurai. Well played indeed. I know a certain party pony who you would've made proud." Astral wondered if Samurai would know who he was referring to, and what his reaction might be.

@Dynamo Pad

Pastel couldn't even contain her laughter. Luckily nopony here would take offense. 

"If enemies get in our way we spit on them!"

Pastel then... promptly spit un a very unladylike fashion. This filly gave no flips.

@Samurai Human

"Whatever you do, just don't swallow me! Well, maybe if Pencil gets kidnapped... i bet I give like, bubblegum powers or something!"

17 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad

Pastel couldn't even contain her laughter. Luckily nopony here would take offense. 

"If enemies get in our way we spit on them!"

Pastel then... promptly spit un a very unladylike fashion. This filly gave no flips.

Dynamo grinned as he was happy to make Pastel laugh. He didn't even blame anyone or take offense when he heard Pastel's response. Holding back another fit of laughter as Pastel began to spit in a unladylike fashion. "That is a part about knowing da wae, my queen. If they do not know da wae or talk poorly about it. The only way that shall be da wae is to spit on our enemies." He would say, before making pretend spitting noises. He looked around to make sure that nobody passing by would see what the group was doing. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel Heart

Pencil couldn’t help but chuckle at the various memes Pastel and Dynamo were exchanging. She felt that she had to join in, so she pointed her hoof towards the ground and sketched a little Ugandan Knuckles. Stifling a laugh, she said,

“Look, he knows da wae!”

@Samurai Human

Pencil smiled at Samurai’s attempt at a pun. Sure, it wasn’t great, but she didn’t want him to feel bad for it. She wasn’t so great at puns, either. 

• Brohoof 1

37 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel Heart

Pencil couldn’t help but chuckle at the various memes Pastel and Dynamo were exchanging. She felt that she had to join in, so she pointed her hoof towards the ground and sketched a little Ugandan Knuckles. Stifling a laugh, she said,

“Look, he knows da wae!”

@Pastel Heart @Astral Vision @Samurai Human

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Pencil calling out to him and the others. He looked to where she was pointing to see a drawing of a little Ugandan Knuckles. The gamer pony couldn't help, but whistle in surprise. "You were able to make that on the ground in no time at all? I've got to admit that the sketch looks very well made. It looks exactly like the Ugandan Knuckles joke. I'm guessing you've seen the actual picture and you were able to pull said picture from memory. I have to admit that this is very impressive, Pencil. I can only imagine what your other drawings look like." He says with an honest smile, before chuckling at her joke. "You can say that again. He knows da wae. He is showing us da wae to our queen, while pointing towards da wae of your home." He chuckled, pointing first to Pastel, before pointing in a random direction that they were walking towards. 

• Brohoof 1

@Kronos the Revenant

... The stranger practically face hooves. "You still don't get it, do you? I'm Daring Decor! Owner of Daring Decor? I'm the one that's been stealing plans from my rival company and sabotaging their business!" The stallion introduces himself. "And now I've finally been found out. So how much are they paying you? Because I can always pay double, if it means you'll walk away and pretend this never happened."

@Windy Breeze

"Well, for this specific building, you've got the upstairs all to yourself. It's pretty much a full house. Bedroom, bath, kitchen, dining room, living room, and a few extra rooms. A little luxurious for one pony, as I've been told. Some times two or three ponies share the same apartment without too much trouble. Below you, there's currently no one living there. But there are multiple buildings, and most of them have occupants. I think I all ready pointed to the one where I live with my wife and youngest daughter." He points it out again, which is just across the way. "And over there, my kids older kids live." He points out the other building next to it, again.

@Astral Vision, @Dynamo Pad, @Pastel Heart, @ExplosionMare

Samurai just nods his head, both apologetically and gratefully. Grateful for the pity applause/laughter he got. "Kirby? Party pony?" Samurai tilts his head, not recognizing these ponies they are talking about. But his attention is shaken at something Pastel says. "What?! EAT?! Why would I eat any pony?! That sounds terrible...!" Samurai says, horrified at the idea of eating somepony alive. Indeed, he has never played video games before, otherwise he would have understood the reference.

Samurai also sees the image of Ugandan Knuckles that Pencil made. "...I have no idea what this is, but it speaks to me... Is this based on anime?" Samurai stares at it, as if trying to figure out a mental enigma. Yep, he is one of those friends that has truly missed out on alot.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare

"Show de wae! Show de wae!"

Somehow, Pastel jumped up and down without moving any limbs, much like a VR Chat character herself, landing softly on Dynamo again. Her impression was too powerful for filler.

@Samurai Equine

"Hehe, you aren't actually gonna eat me, silly! What would another pony even taste like...?"

Pastel pondered seriously. It's probably dangerous to explore this line of dialogue any further.

As Raze was walking through town, he saw a building that caught his eye. It looked to be an arcade of some sort, with various games lined up inside.

"Welp, might as well pass the time here," he said as he walked in.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Kronos sighed and stood up. 

“I may be a wandering mercenary,” Kronos replied to the owner, “but i still follow my own code of honor through and through. You cant pay me enough to overturn my objective. Besides, you’ve already given me too much information to simply turn a blind eye now. This exchange is over.” 

Kronos turned to leave the building and was headed over to Jon.

@Samurai Equine

Pencil quirked her eyebrows in confusion.

“Uhhh, no, it’s not anime. It’s a meme called ‘Ugandan Knuckles’,” she offered.

Pencil shifted anxiously, waiting for him to reply. She was hoping she wouldn’t have to explain too much. She knew of the meme, of course, but she had heard of it so long ago that she had nearly forgotten about it.

@Pastel Heart

“Alright, I’ll show you da wae!” Pencil exclaimed with a playful wink. She picked up her hooves and began a quick trot that was fast but not fully a gallop. If she did sprint, she would leave everypony behind in her dust. She settled on keeping a steady yet brisk pace and motioned for everypony to follow.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/3/2020 at 12:25 AM, Samurai Equine said:

Samurai just nods his head, both apologetically and gratefully. Grateful for the pity applause/laughter he got. "Kirby? Party pony?" Samurai tilts his head, not recognizing these ponies they are talking about. But his attention is shaken at something Pastel says. "What?! EAT?! Why would I eat any pony?! That sounds terrible...!" Samurai says, horrified at the idea of eating somepony alive. Indeed, he has never played video games before, otherwise he would have understood the reference.

Samurai also sees the image of Ugandan Knuckles that Pencil made. "...I have no idea what this is, but it speaks to me... Is this based on anime?" Samurai stares at it, as if trying to figure out a mental enigma. Yep, he is one of those friends that has truly missed out on alot.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:42 PM, ExplosionMare said:

Pencil quirked her eyebrows in confusion.

“Uhhh, no, it’s not anime. It’s a meme called ‘Ugandan Knuckles’,” she offered.

Pencil shifted anxiously, waiting for him to reply. She was hoping she wouldn’t have to explain too much. She knew of the meme, of course, but she had heard of it so long ago that she had nearly forgotten about it.

Dynamo tilted his head to the side as he heard the questioning tone in Samurai's voice. "Oh, I'm sorry about that. When I meant Kirby, I meant of a video character. I believe there was some theme song that was related to Kirby. Also a party pony? I think I may have heard of someone that was based on that description. I will say that this party pony and Kirby are pink. So, there is a similarity, but a sort of difference." He chuckled as he listened to the interaction between Samurai and Pastel, before listening to mention of the drawing. He nodded at Pencil as he would help explain about the drawing. "I would say that it's based off of an anime. It's more along the lines of the Sonic video games, but there was an anime based on Sonic. A blue hedgehog that can run at super sonic speeds. No pun intended, of course." He chuckled once more, shaking his head, before continuing. "The Uganda Knuckles is based off of the red Echidna, Knuckles. A character that's also based on the character from the Sonic series."

On 4/3/2020 at 12:40 AM, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare

"Show de wae! Show de wae!"

Somehow, Pastel jumped up and down without moving any limbs, much like a VR Chat character herself, landing softly on Dynamo again. Her impression was too powerful for filler.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:42 PM, ExplosionMare said:

“Alright, I’ll show you da wae!” Pencil exclaimed with a playful wink. She picked up her hooves and began a quick trot that was fast but not fully a gallop. If she did sprint, she would leave everypony behind in her dust. She settled on keeping a steady yet brisk pace and motioned for everypony to follow.

@Astral Vision

Dynamo looked back as took notice of Pastel, who was jumping up and down upon his back. He wondered how she was able to jump without hurting his back, but he chose not to ask any questions. "Don't you mean," He paused, raising his left front hoof as he struck a pose. "Show your moves!" He snickered as he tried imitating a pose from Captain Falcon. "If only I had the same helmet or sunglasses, then the facial expression would be somewhat resembled well. Oh, well." He shrugged as he was happy to share a few laughs with his friends. "Follow Pencil! She is the one that will show us da wae!" He grinned as he follow after her in a quick trot.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel Heart @Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare

Astral was glad to see Dynamo and the others have fun with their reference material, but his ear quickly perked up as he heard another voice close by. Turning his head, Astral saw a radio playing in the town square, and he then walked over eager to listen.

On 3/23/2020 at 3:57 AM, Samurai Equine said:

@Jack Baker

Samurai was glad to help Raze get set up. "Right. I have other business to attend to. But I do hope we can work again sometime.

@Dynamo Pad

As Samurai begins to leave Raze's new business building, he hears something on the radio. Turns out, ponies were recording the concert from yesterday, and they are playing it today as part of a highlight broadcast. Luckily, Samurai gets to hear Dynamo's music number and loves every bit of it. "Yosha! That's some talent. I'll have to tell Dynamo about this next time I see him." Samurai says before taking his leave. If only he had stuck around sooner...

@Windy Breeze

There are no words that match how he feels. Trilby is just awestruck; that was an impressive speech! Even when she grabs him like that, Trilby just giggles and accepts it. "Yep. You heard it here first. Everything she said is completely true." Trilby says.

"Well that's just wonderful. I know this community will be very thankful, and most of the teachers and staff thank you all very much for your generosity." Elusive Facts says. She goes on to ask them both a bunch of various questions for a while until her time is nearly over. "...Okay, I think that's enough. Is there anything else you would like to say?"

Trilby nods. He takes his suitcase, opens it up, and pulls out a piece of paper before closing his briefcase. "I'd like make an announcement. To all the citizens of Friendshire, Mayor White Addenbrooks heard yesterday's benefit concert yesterday, and was very pleased. As a result, he will now be accepting applications for a spokescreature for Friendshire. Please send in all applications to Trilby's Hats & Clothing Store." Trilby puts the letter away in his jacket pocket. "That is all."

"...Oh. Well, thank you! You heard it here, everypony. There's big improvements happening locally and news coming all from the top. For Friendshire News, I'm Elisive Facts, signing off." Elusive wraps up with her team, thanks Trilby and Shadow one more time, and then they all head out. "Well, I guess we're free to go now, if you want." Trilby says to Shadow.

Astral's eyes enlarged with excitement; not only was the pony the same one as Samurai had mentioned, but he finally had a name of one of the mayors, as well as a potential lead on the town's divide. Astral wanted to dash to Trilby's as soon as possible, but he knew he couldn't leave the others behind, at least not without telling them. Astral soon rejoined the group, and began to tell them of his new objective.

"My apologies friends, but I'm afraid something has come up. I'll try to make it to the arcade later, but for now I have to get to Trilby's. Be sure to have fun, and signal if you need me." Astral then turned to leave for Trilby's store, hoping the group would not be disheartened.

• Brohoof 1

@Kronos the Revenant

Daring was surprised to see that. However, as he was leaving... The pony that brought him here returns. This time, he has taken off the Daring Decor uniform, and has put on a hat and a formal dress jacket. "I had a feeling you might say that." He says as he steps up.

"I realize this mission has been pulling you many different ways, and I apologize for that. You may call me Silver Cartogram. I am not actually an employee for Mr. Daring Decor. I'm actually an assistant for one of the mayors of this town. You see... The mayor is the true mastermind behind all this. Consider it his idea of fun. No pony in this town would ever come up with a complicated scheme of espionage like this. It was the mayor that gave Daring the suggestion to steal company secrets from his rival." Silver dusts off his wrists. "He gets a kick out of little manipulations like this... But mostly, he wanted to see if some pony would take notice. And you have. You discovered what was happening. So tell me... Would you like to see the mayor? He'd like to see you."

@Windy Breeze

Trilby was waiting outside, giving Shadow some space so she can move in to her new home. "Hmm... Now what? Should I go home or keep waiting? Does she still want to go out to dinner with me?" Trilby says to himself.

"Oh, I'd say you should wait here, Mr. Hatter. You know, a good stallion doesn't leave a good mare waiting. I learned that from my wife." Mr. Cobblestone says as he joins Trilby. "As a matter of fact, that reminds me of the time my wife and I went down to the river near Ponyville... It was a mild day, partially cloudy. My wife and I were on vacation that day. Of course, we weren't married. We were just a young couple in love, full of youthful energy. She had heard about a special sale in Ponyville, and wanted to..." As Mr. Cobblestone carries on like an old man, Trilby sighs and looks away, annoyed. "I hope no pony wants any clothing today..." Funny he should say that...

@Jack Baker

Currently, there is hardly anypony at the arcade. Mostly staff. But if he'll wait, some friends of his might arrive.

However, there are a few local neighborhood ponies in the arcade. Some have found a cheat code that lets them play the games for free. If Raze wants to save some money, he could do the same for a while.

@Pastel Heart, @ExplosionMare, @Dynamo Pad, @Astral Vision

Samurai takes in Pastel's, Pencil's, and Dynamo's explanation. "Mmm... I have much to learn. This 'Sonic' sounds interesting... If he and Kirby were in an anime, I might have seen it somewhere." Samurai says. As they trot along, Samurai looks ahead. "Is that our destination?" He points to a familiar-looking building.

As Astral passes a local radio, he does get at least one clue from Trilby's interview. The name of one of the mayors...
White Addenbrooks.
So no matter what, at least Astral has a name to go by. That's one lead he can hold on to.

"Hmm? Oh... Okay. Ganbatte (good luck), Astral-san!" Samurai says as he leaves suddenly. "I wonder what that's all about..." Samurai says when Astral departs. If he goes straight to Trilby's store, he won't find Trilby there. The store is closed for the day, with a 'Closed' sign in the window and everything. However, if he browses the neighborhood, he'll find Trilby in the next block over. He's waiting outside, around a set of apartment complexes.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

While the bedroom, something went back inside her mind. She had promised Trilby to eat dinner together in a restaurant, how could she forget that!? She immediately left the apartment room with her saddlebags put back on her back. She went out to meet Trilby. 

“Trilby, I did tell you we would eat dinner together right?” she said. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

As Astral navigated using the town map, something caught the corner of his eye. It appeared to be another stallion, though this one was gray and very well dressed, and was sitting just outside of an apartment complex. Seeing the fashion cutie mark sported on his flank, Astral wondered if this might be the pony he was looking for, so he trotted up and introduced himself.

"Hello sir, my name is Astral. I'm looking for a pony who was recently on the radio named 'Trilby Hatter', would you happen to know him?" Astral knew this pony could be Trilby, but he didn't want to be rude. After all, you know what they say about assuming.