Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Toshigami Equine

Opia smiled faintly and then looked down at her hooves. She didn't have a place to stay here, after all. "I don't have a place to stay...so I suppose I will just sleep here then. Seems fine to me." she spoke and walked over and then looked back to Linda. "Say...what do you know about him? Just curious." she asked in a quiet manner. 

@Dynamo Pad @Toshigami Equine @Ragland Tiger @Reality Check

"Whoo! Now that's how ya make an entrance right there! Am I right?" Nitro asked with a smile. "Sure is!" Golden answered. "You know, one of the greatest things about music is that it brings ponies and creatures together...and that there are many ways you can play one song." Nitro stated. Thundy had a big grin on his face. He swelled a C# minor chord on his guitar while Keymaster had the same chord playing on his synth. Suddenly, Chelsea appeared in a sort of punk outfit. "...And that's why music is so special. We all have musical pieces we cherish in our hearts!" Chelsea said as the band grew louder. "Like this classic right here! Hit it!" Thundy shouted. The band started and Thundy played the opening melody to "Butterfly", the famous song from DDR. 

"Awww yea! Get up on those hooves and lemme see ya groove!" Nitro shouted as Chelsea started to sing the first verse. Some stunt drivers pulled out with lamborghini aventadors in green, black ane blue. The lights were flashing green, black and blue as well. During the final interlude, Thundy put his guitar on its stand in a cool fashion and climbed up the catwalk. The spotlight shined on him as he reached the top of the scaffolding. He took a few steps back. As the drums built up on a beat. He ran forward and dove down, swooping towards Dynamo! He grabbed Dynamo right as the first chord of the final chorus was hit, taking him up into the air, putting him on his back, making sure that he was safe and secured on his back. Thundy then pulled two corkscrews and a vertical loop, then flying around the area with magic trails of green, black and blue. As the final chorus came to an end, Thundy landed and placed Dynamo right next to Bluebell and then flew back on stage picking up his guitar to play the final line. "Give it up for Chelsea!" Nitro cheered. 

• Brohoof 1

@Toshigami Equine @Dynamo Pad @Courageous Thunder Dash @Ragland Tiger @Kronos the Revenant

Admittedly, he didn't recognize Mayor White at first, though it was quickly resolved when he heard Dynamo say his name. After that, Reality was enjoying the the concert, even if he felt the giant vehicle was a bit unexpected. He was definitely bopping his head during the two songs.

@Kronos the Revenant, @Courageous Thunder Dash, @Dynamo Pad, @Ragland Tiger

The crowd dances and cheers for the whole thing. "I hope they play freebird." Mayor White says to himself.
Samurai uses his magic to bring forth a rose. He magically floats it over to Chelsea and gives her a bow when she receives it.
Trilby tilts his hat backwards so that his horn his exposed. He uses his magic to make a source of light and wave it around, like a lighter.

Starlight also cheers and dances. However, at the end of that second song, it's time for her to go. She gives Dynamo and Bluebell a hug before waving goodbye. The concert is so loud that it's better to make nonverbal gestures. As she walks off, she gets one last look at everything. "...Twilight Sparkle will be visiting this place real soon, I just know it." Starlight thinks to herself before finding the nearest magical anchor point and teleporting back home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Starforce

Linda looks on her desk and gives Opia a brochure, and it had a key card in it. "Here. You have a place to stay. This will give you access to the luxury suite at the Hotel Royale. Mayor Black once had an office there, until Samurai Equine discovered it, and then he had to relocate." Linda thinks of the best way to answer her question. "Mayor Black is very greedy, self-centered pony. I do think he cares about this town at least a little, and the citizens still here have kept him here as well. But he's not a very happy pony, and if the population had dwindled to near zero, then I honestly believe he would have abandoned this place a long time ago. Or at least considered it. That's about as much as I know. He doesn't pay me enough to be concerned about him. He barely pays me minimum wage." Linda explains.

Edited by Toshigami Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@Toshigami Equine

Normally, Opia would react emotionlessly but due to her friendship with Mayor Black she felt herself rather offended at what Linda had stated. Nevertheless, she had grabbed the key card and marched up to the desk in a bit of an intimidating fashion. "You are wrong. Mayor Black is not a greedy or self-centered pony. He may not show it often but he has a very big heart. He offered to bear the brunt of someone's injury without cost to anyone else. He leads this town in ways that most do not see or respect. Perhaps if you give him a little bit of a appreciation once in a while he'll soften up and you'll see him for who he really is." she spoke in a calm yet domineering manner. She didn't usually do this, so it came out rather awkward.

"I want you to relay a note to him for me. Let me get a pen and paper here. After that, I'll be at uh...err...a concert. I have some...friends I need to see. Please make sure he reads it in the morning." she spoke and grabbed the Pen and paper from the desk and walked off to the other room to focus on her writing, leaving Linda to her own devices.

Once in the other room Opia began to write. The paper would lead as follows:

"I think if I've learned anything about friendship, it's to hang in and stay connected. Don't walk away, don't be distracted, don't be too busy or tired, and most certainly don't take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life together. Every friendship travels at sometime through the black valley of despair. This tests every aspect of your affection. You lose the attraction and the magic. Your sense of each other darkens and your presence is sore. If you can come through this time, it can purify with your love, and falsity and need will fall away. It will bring you onto new ground where affection can grow again. 

My interest for you grows. I admire everything about you. When I look into your eyes, I can feel a kindred spirit. I only want to be with you, please you, and give you the same happiness that you have given me. If I were granted but one wish up to this point, it would be that we spend more time together bettering ourselves and this town. I know that we have known each other for merely a day, but I can tell that we have a bright future in this town together. 

All the others I've met say you are greedy and self centered. They don't see the real you because they haven't opened their eyes and looked at you for who you really are. I have made many mistakes in my time but coming here isn't one of them. I will stand by your side when others won't." 

Once the paper was finished she signed her name with an odd looking O to start her name and folded the paper. Handing it to Linda, she would exit the bunker and return to the others. However...she would have a different manner of returning to them this time. While she didn't really like the loud noises of the concert - she felt as if she was meant to be there for the conclusion of the day.

@Toshigami Equine @Courageous Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger @Reality Check @Kronos the Revenant

With a calm breathe and a hoofstep forward Opia's form evaporates in a green mist. She lets loose a gasp as the feeling of disconnection takes over. The mist forms into that of a solid green pulsating ball of light. A calm sigh echoes through the air from the ball of green light. It had been so long since Opia had been in her true form. The green ball of light soars off into the sky with a sparkling green trail tracing behind it much like a comet.

Above the lights and cheers of the concert the green ball would float and circle overhead and bits of it's energy would fall off like dry flakes and hit those below. Those dry flakes would give the ponies a seeming boost of energy, if only slightly. Little did they know, Opia was sharing a bit of her life force with them. 

Looking down at the crowd, she was most saddened to see that Starlight wasn't there. None of the others she really knew were down there - but regardless she was going to join them. If she was going to spend time in this town, she can start meeting them right now. Samurai. She remembered him. The ball guides gracefully down and floated right in front of his face.

"Pardon for my intrusion, I'd like to join you. I know Starlight and Mayor Black aren't here, but that's fine. I love the two of them the same. If you don't mind...this is who I really am. I'm not actually a pony or a physical life form like you are. I am a manifestation of the force that invigorates and gives life to this world. I am responsible for guarding over life itself. At least, that's what I'd like to think. My mother brought me into being a conscious form, rather than that of just being life force itself." her voice was angelic.

With that said, the orb would poof away and Opia would hop down in front of where Samurai was. She simply smiled.

• Brohoof 1

Kronos looked upon the crowd and its jubilant celebration after the tournament. He smiles upon himself, thinking about how much this place alone has made him grow as an individual. 

You know, he thought to himself, This place has kinda grown on me. A home away from home, as it were. 

Yeah, his spirits agreed, The folks here are very welcoming and there’s always something to do here. 

I think we’ll stay here for the time being until we are called upon again elsewhere.

• Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @Toshigami Equine @Reality Check @Starforce @Kronos the Revenant @Courageous Thunder Dash

As the band talked with the crowd, Dynamo had noticed that Chelsea had changed into a new outfit. All the while, tapping his back hooves as he bops to the song being played. "Now this is my jam!" He exclaimed, lights flashing to different colors as some stunts were performed from the vehicle on stage. As a light appeared over Thundy during the final interlude, the gamer pony noticed the griffon had jumped off of the catwalk. Being a griffon, he could fly and right himself in the air. However, it didn't seem to be the case as it looked like he was heading towards something, or someone. Dynamo's eyes widened in surprise as that someone was him. Without a second to speak or think, he was scooped up by Thundy. Being brought into the air, he was placed on the griffon's back, while making sure he was safely secured from falling. "Woah!" He exclaimed, before chuckling as the loops and corkscrews reminded him of the rollercoaster ride from a few days ago. As the flight had come to an end, Dynamo had been placed next to Bluebell, while Thundy had made his way back towards the stage. "That was pretty cool. I didn't expect the crowd to be a part of the performance." He admitted, giving a round of applause to Chelsea and the others. As he was brought into a hug by Starlight, Dynamo had tilted his head in confusion as he didn't understand the reason. Looking into her eyes and noticing her expression, Dynamo had frowned as he slowly understood that she was about to leave town. Returning the hug, Dynamo smiled as he knew that she couldn't stay forever, but knew that they would see each other again. Waving goodbye, the gaming unicorn watched as his friend had made her exit.

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @Toshigami Equine @Dynamo Pad @Starforce @Kronos the Revenant

Chelsea smiled at Samurai when she was given the Rose. Golden Grind stepped forward sort of looking at Dynamo. "Music can really hit deep...and in fact, I know this next one is gonna hit deep with a very special pony out in the audience. He's gone through so much today, and I'm proud to call Dynamo Pad, my brother. So Dynamo, my bro, this one's for you." Thundy said with a smile. Keymaster played the opening chord on a string pad on his synth. Chelsea gathered some water energy and started to make an art design of Kingdom Hearts. This was "Dearly Beloved". 

Golden Grind took the lead guitar part, while Nitro had backup. Thundy was playing his Roland AX Edge Keytar. Golden Grind was glowing and it seemed as if his guitar was changing...Golden stepped right in front of Dynamo...and his guitar transformed into the same design as the Oathkeeper. Riders on Kawasaki Ninja ZXs wheelied around the stage as well. Thundy flared auras of many colors...but ended up taking it to super saiyan god, his hair becoming a hue of red. As the song came to close, Chelsea finished the water art of Sora, Roxus and the other main characters of Kingdom Hearts. Keymaster ended the song with a beautiful piano riff as the lights dimmed and the water piece was shrunk and solidified into a picture frame. Chelsea took the frame and handed it to Dynamo. Golden Grind laid the Oathkeeper guitar in front of Dynamo. It was his to keep. 

@Kronos the Revenant, @Courageous Thunder Dash, @Dynamo Pad, @Ragland Tiger, @Starforce

Somehow the concert seems grander. Greater than ever! Though no one can put their hoof on why. It's all ready bright and colorful with lots of great music and great performances.

Trilby walks up to Kronos and asks him a question. "Mr. Kronos, sir? Trilby. We may have met before. I saw you fighting in the tournament, and I was wondering... How good is your throwing arm? I wouldn't mind getting tossed into the air a few times, if it's all right with you." Trilby asks.

Samurai pats Dynamo on the back, welcoming him back down to earth. "Consider me the jealous one. It's ME who has always dreamed of being able to fly~!" Samurai says, but his smile reassures Dynamo that he is still happy for his otouto-san.

However, as Samurai puts in some distance, something catches his eye. A floating green orb of light? And it speaks to him! "Oh... I know a manifestation of life force! Saikou!! I may have a duty to uphold, but this is why I enjoy being here in this town. How else would I have met someone so fascinating?!" Samurai says with the wide-eyed wonder of a child. Then Opia reveals her pony form again. "I thought that voice sounded familiar. Welcome back, Opia-chan. Would you care for a dance? And afterwards, you can show me those flowers you were so proud of." Samurai says with a bow before offering a hoof.

A little later, to everyone's surprise, Mayor Black actually joins the party as well! He walks up behind his brother and taps his shoulder. "Is this a private party, or can any mayor join?" Black asks with a smirk. "Oh my! Brother! My brother, Mayor Black! What brings you here? You're not the partying type." Mayor White says coming out of his dance, surprised and almost speechless. "Well, I was doing some calculation and reading city reports, moments away from turning in for the night. Turns out, the tournament has succeeded in bringing in new citizens. Some of the out-of-towners expressed interest in staying her for the foreseeable future. Our population just grew by over 16%!" Mayor Black explains, which makes his brother nearly jump for joy. "A population boost?! Why this a JOYUS announcement indeed!" Mayor White says with joy, and Black nods in agreement. "Even I can afford to celebrate to news like that. And it's not like this party is getting any quieter anyways." Black says, joking.

As Mayor Black joins the party, ready to dance in his uncoordinated way, he leans over to ask his brother one more question. "Do you think they'll play Freebird?" He asks, mostly whispering. "That's just what I was saying!" Mayor White replies in an equally quiet tone.

Edited by Toshigami Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@Toshigami Equine

Opia takes Samurai's hoof graciously and smiles slightly at that. She no longer felt the need to repress her emotions, due to the energy of the whole crowd and the music in the background. In a spot that she never thought she'd be, she would find herself feeling more honest and open then before. "I would be delighted to." she speaks and notices Mayor Black with Mayor White. "Tell you what, I'll spend a dance or two and then I'll go and see what the Mayors are up to. I am glad that the two of them are enjoying their time. I work for Mayor Black after all." Opia spoke almost seductively, but ever so slightly. 

She'd match Samurai's dance movements. She clearly hadn't danced before but she was most certainly capable of it. Like her words, her dance movements were fluid and serene. Her eyes stayed locked with Samurai, who'd notice the green specs in her mane and tail glowed brighter than normal.

@Ragland Tiger @Toshigami Equine @Starforce @Reality Check @Kronos the Revenant @Courageous Thunder Dash

With Golden stepping forward, Dynamo blinked as he stared out into the audience. To the gaming unicorn, it looked and sounded like it was him, who was being both mentioned and looked at. It was further confirmed by Thundy, who had mentioned his name, before playing a song he knew all too well. Closing his eyes, he felt the soothing beat of the song wash over him, before the song shifted to a rock theme type of music. Opening his eyes to watch the band, Dynamo was amazed as Golden stepped forward as his guitar transformed into the design of one of the keyblades. It was as if he had abilities too, or that was mostly an aesthetic of the guitar. With Thundy transformed, Chelsea had used her water abilities to create Sora, as well as other iconic characters from the game. As the song came to an end, Dynamo had looked over to Chelsea, who had handed him a picture frame. Inside the frame was a water art of what she had created on stage, but shrunken into a picture. He even received the same transformed guitar that Golden had used. "T-Thank you, Golden and thank you, as well, Chelsea." He would say to the both of them, before joining in on the applause from the audience. Feeling a pat on the back, Dynamo looked around to see that it was Samurai, before smiling. "I know I've always wanted to fly, but with magic. I remember Starlight telling me that it was possible, but I know I'll have to work hard to use a spell like that."

As time passed during the concert, Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Mayor White mentioning that Mayor Black was here. Looking to where both mayor's were, Dynamo saw that Mayor White was correct, but he was also glad to see that Opia had came back. "It's good to see you Mayor Black and you, as well, Opia." He smiled as Samurai and Opia were dancing together, before hearing Mayor Black mention that the town had a population boost. "I'm glad to hear that the town had a population boost. This town has gotten pretty lively since I came here, as well as others. I can imagine it'll get even more lively as time goes on. It goes to show that Friendshire is a really nice place to live at." He had recalled the town feeling like a sort of ghost town with not that many residents living here. With all that the group was able to accomplish, he was glad to hear that there would be more residents opting to live and/or stay in town.

• Brohoof 1

@Toshigami Equine

After the dance with Samurai, Opia would take the time to walk over to the Mayors. While the Concert was exhilarating - it wasn't in her main interest. Mayor Black was, and by extension Mayor White.  When she walked up to them she would smile widely as she looked into Mayor Black's eyes.

"I know we just met today but I have decided that I am going to be living in this town permanently. My family will understand and besides, I can get them to visit in the future. I know others may not appreciate you but I do. You work hard for this town when others don't see it. You don't receive your dues but someday you will when they all realize how good of a soul you are. I would be delighted to live out the rest of my days, here, working for you and as your friend." she looked to Mayor White after that. "You are also a great leader too but I believe you can take some pointers from your brother. But either way, I'm here to stay and I can't wait to get to know you both more. I also got something for you two. Think of this as a shared gift." she spoke and pulled out something.

What it was, was an intertwined flower with both the colors of Mayor Black and Mayor White. The two flowers are embraced in an almost loving fashion. 

"This isn't the end of an era but a new beginning. For us. All together." she mused, waving her hoof out to the other ponies beyond but her eyes remained focus on Mayor Black's first and foremost. 

@Ragland Tiger @Dynamo Pad @Starforce @Toshigami Equine @Reality Check @Kronos the Revenant

Thundy smiled at the exchange. Rumbler looked as if he was gonna yawn. It had been a long day. Nitro turned around. "Hey no yawning during a concert!" Nitro teased. "Nitro, give him some slack. We've all had a long day...but that won't stop us from making these last two songs the best ever!" Thundy proclaimed. "Yea!" Keymaster exclaimed. Chelsea went in the back somewhere. "You know, some of the best music comes from none other than pokemon, and it's true that some of the best trainers in the game have the best themes, like the Sinnoh Champ herself...take it away Keymaster!" Nitro declared as the spotlight shined on Keymaster, who began to play a modified piano version of Cynthia's Prelude from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. 

Lights of yellow moved around the stage, creating a sort of light show as Keymaster played. Then, Keymaster tremoloed on the two lowest B notes on his keyboard. Thundy stepped forward and tossed a pokeball in the air. It opened and a ball capsule with bubbles and streamers around the stage. The bubbles took a shape and formed into Thundy's Primarina. Saxophonists and brass players joined the stage. A loud rev was heard and fog filled the entrance area as the song began. The doors opened and there was Chelsea in her signature Aston Martin Vulcan with the same color design as Cynthia herself. Chelsea drove the Aston Martin around the stage as Thundy's Primarina vocalized just like a professional singer. Bingo was playing large timpani drums still wearing the harness. 

Towards the end of the song. Chelsea revved her Vulcan loudly and accelerated hard towards the edge of the stage. However, a track like a hot wheels playset materialized as Chelsea contined to drive, causing her to go through banked turns and loops as flamethrowers spewed to the beat. At the last two crashes, Chelsea came to a stop right at the middle of the stage. She got out in Cynthia's attire. "Give it up for the one and only Felina! Thundy's Primarina!" Nitro announced. Felina took a bow, then moved towards the back.

"Wow, the time has flown by. But we've got one last song for you guys, and I hope it makes you cherish this moment. We all have passions that burn within us. We do what we do because we love it. And I know the Mayors of Friendsire are passionate about making this town the best ever. So I leave you with this last song...Hearts...on Fire. The lights turned a passionate red and more revs were heard. Ferraris and red earth ponies came out, driving around. 

Nitro sang the verses. Thundy powered up to his Super Saiyan god form again, playing his guitar, which had taken the shape of a rainbow weapon. Thundy pulled off the solo. An energy was building up. Thundy's Primarina moved towards center stage again. Thundy pulled a flip of some sort and ended up tossing his guitar out towards the audience like a boomerang. It spiraled and flew back towards Thundy...and clipped back on to the magnetic strap Thundy was wearing. Thundy was glowing as he powered up. Energy could be heard whirring as the key change from C to D happened. A bright light spread all throughout Friendshire, and there he was...Thundy...in his true form...Super Saiyan Blue with his locks of hair that crystal teal blue and his guitar now shaped as the Ultima Weapon. Thundy rose into the air with his wings spread out wide. Some of his feathers were gleaming a crystal rainbow color. Pegasi flew around the stage as a blue fire surrounded the stage. 

Spoiler

1745388457_ThundyFullPower.png.3ecde8353acfd11c501b141c778eb8bd.png

The band hit their climax. Fireworks went off behind the stage as the final note was held. Thundy came down like a meteor and stomped on the stage hard unleashing the final hit along with all the band. He was revealed still in his full power true form. "Thank you all so much! I'm Nitro, this is Discordia! I hope you enjoyed our show! Good Night!" Nitro declared. 

Thundy hopped off the stage and so did Chelsea. Nitro and the band went to greet the others as well while the other stunt ponies and cleanup crew started to pack up and break down the stage. Felina the Primarina was beside Thundy. She turned to him. "I still wish we had time for Phantom of The Opera." She said speaking actual speech. "Yea, me too." Thundy stated. Chelsea suddenly came behind Thundy. "Ya know, I think we've made Friendshire our home..." Chelsea said. "Indeed we have." Thundy said hugging Chelsea close. Chelsea sniffled, as thoughts of her parents appeared in her mind. "It's gonna be alright big girl..." Thundy said hearing the sniffles. Bingo was also there. “Bingo will never leave Thundy and Chelsea bird.” He said hugging Thundy from behind. 

• Brohoof 1

@Toshigami Equine @Dynamo Pad @Courageous Thunder Dash @Starforce @Ragland Tiger @Kronos the Revenant

As the last of the songs for the concert ended, Reality gave one last solemn glance at the others that he's gotten himself acquainted with. Needless to say, the young colt could help but smile, knowing that things will be looking up for him. Whether it was by coincidence or fate, he smiled at the fact that he's definitely going to have a great time staying in this town.

"Heh... maybe it won't be so bad here after all..."

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @Toshigami Equine @Starforce @Reality Check @Kronos the Revenant @Courageous Thunder Dash

As the finals songs were being played, Dynamo smiled as he enjoyed the performance by Thundy, Chelsea and the band they were playing together with. Noticing a bright light, Dynamo had stared up to the night sky to see it being illuminating in a bright glow. Looking towards the source that it was Thundy, who had powered up, Dynamo was in awe at the spectacle before him and the others. With the songs and concert coming to an end, Dynamo's ears perked as he heard his name being called. Looking over towards Bluebell, the gaming unicorn noticed his girlfriend fidgeting slightly in her seat. Upon hearing her question, Dynamo pieced it all together as he blushed in surprise. "H-Huh?" His eyes widened in surprise as he didn't expect that kind of question. A blush covering his cheeks, thinking for a moment, before smiling softly with a nod. "I-I'm really sorry about that. I admit that I didn't expect that kind of question, but my answer is yes. You really mean a lot to me and if I can be honest? I really love you and the time that we've spent together. I guess I've always known that you would be the mare that I would want to ask to marry me. So, my answer is yes. I would love to marry you, Bluebell." He leaned forward, gently wrapping his forelegs around her in a hug, as well as kissing her lips to further add towards his feelings and answer.

As he pulled back from the kiss, Dynamo recounted everything that's happened since coming to Friendshire. Overcoming his past and now a soon to be married stallion, the gaming unicorn knew that the future looked to be a bright and happy one. He didn't know where he and Bluebell would do after getting married, but he knew one thing for sure. They would always be together and he'd walk this road alongside with Bluebell.

@Kronos the Revenant, @Courageous Thunder Dash, @Dynamo Pad, @Ragland Tiger, @Starforce, @Windy Snow, @GeneralDirection, @PawelS, @Reality Check

The concert was a blast of lights, sounds, music, and special moments! Trilby couldn't make full heads or tails of it, but he liked it just the same! Samurai understood the visuals the most and was deeply impressed with how far Thundy has come. Dynamo and certain others might also understand the full significance of this concert. His performance and transformation really reflect it. Furthermore, each song is better than the last.

Samurai dances with a mix of elegance and casualness with Opia. Nothing too complex or hard to follow, but also nothing formless or lazy. Samurai is able to turn some of his combat experience into simple yet sublime dance moves. Perhaps in another context, he could be ballroom dancer. When it's over, he bows to Opia and lets her go off.

As the two Mayors listen to Opai's comments, Mayor White speaks up first. “You give me too little credit, my dear. For like you, I also believe wholeheartedly in my brother. Indeed, he does not get the credit or the proper acknowledgment for the good things he does, but if no one else, I definitely see it and I know one day we'll rule together again.” He explains. “Oh silence you two. I'll have you know I actually prefer my negative reputation, thank you very much. No one likes me and I don't want to be liked, but I will demand respect and results.” Mayor Black rebuttals. The two of them take the intertwined flower, but seeing how Mayor White is the most thankful with rosy cheeks and a cheery smile, Mayor Black will most likely let him keep it.

Somewhere in the middle of this, Trilby over hears something. He screams with delight when he hears Bluebell and Dynamo planning to get married. Soon Samurai notices as well, and many others begin to gather around them in delight. How many surprises will this night grant before all is said and done? So many plans to make tomorrow and the days that come...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the night carries on, everyone gets a chance to party. A chance to celebrate everything accomplished in this town, a chance to say farewell to those they once knew, and maybe a chance for others to sing whatever song is on their hearts. Sure, they would have to say their goodnights eventually and part ways towards their homes, but they had new friends and faces to welcome to the town the next day. Furthermore, everyone has a mountain of plans and things to look forward to, and all the time in the world to get it done. And while tonight is the exception for the mayors, everyone knows that tomorrow they'll go back to being divided; but the far off future may have other plans in mind.

Somewhere in the dark of Samurai's house, in his lab room as a single candle burns to the last of its wax, we see two things happen...

First, we see more pages appearing in the town's only history book, filling it out more. There is still mountains of information left to fill, but based on the pictures and the hints of text visible, this much can be made out:

Once upon a time, there was an adventurous yet directionless earth stallion named Chromatic Alfonz. He had only one childhood friend named Final Premonition, a talented unicorn who had direction and purpose in life. One day, Chromatic found his own purpose, to set up a town where friendship could gather and flourish. Why this specific purpose? Unknown. However, as the town began to open, Chromatic split into two earth ponies known as White Addenbrooks and Black Ziggurate. The reason? Unknown. Between these three ponies, there were arguments and even some sadness. Eventually, Final left the town for good. However, there was also good times. The town seem to flourish, until the citizens became unimpressed with the town. Why? Unknown. A mass exodus soon began until the town was severely lacking in citizens. Even topography ponies eventually stopped recording the location of this once well known town, believing it abandoned. The result was that the mayors eventually went their own ways. Mayor Black refused to resurface unless the world decided to take interest in the town again, and Mayor White continued to be welcoming and inviting at the risk of his own health.

There is still some missing pages between all these bits of information. What could have driven a wedge between these two mayors? Will they ever merge back into Chromatic Alfonz permanently? That is only for the future to tell.

Last of all, there is the lightly-solved puzzle box sitting next to the history book, the Laronde Box. For completing another vital event, its many gears and pieces wind, crank, and move around by themselves until the box is even closer to being solved! Eventually it stops moving again. It is not fully solved. It will never be fully solved, not until the two mayors are reunited again. This was the prophecy foretold by Final Premonition, a pony that has become an accomplished time traveler and scientist, someone that has been helping in subtle ways behind the scenes.

There was a time when saving this town seemed nothing more than hopeless. A time when Mayor Black was thinking of leaving should the population be reduced to only its mayors. However, as ponies and other creatures began to stumble onto this nowhere town, a place that seems like a last resort for those with no place else to go in life, things began to change. The population began to slowly but surely rise. Activities were being held. Life and renewed interest were arising. And of course, the mayors were taking interest once more. Each new event seem to draw the two mayors one step closer to being reunited, and each new citizen seem to be making friends they never could have dreamed of making before. Even Princess Twilight Sparkle and other well known rulers of Equestria were beginning to hear about this town as well. After being lost for ages, this town was suddenly finding hope again!

The current day is over, and there are many more days ahead. The citizens did not succeed in bringing the two mayors together today, nor was the mystery of their separation ever solved. However, as long as they continue living here and working together, there is always tomorrow. And as long as there is tomorrow, as long as there citizens making friends and working towards helping the town become what it was always meant to be, then maybe, just maybe...

Friendship lives here after all.

• The topic was locked