Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine

Shadow frowned “I'm very sorry, Trilby but I had swore to my life that i won't tell anypony of my story since... Nightmare Moon has to do with my dreams” she said, hesitant to say the name of an abomination. If it weren't for that eternal moon bringer, she would have already flying with a group of acrobatic pegasi and not a freelance photographer. She quickly return her smile “A fedora? Was what this called?” she open her camera and showed him a picture of a black hat. 

2104585604_images-2020-02-29T074706_668.jpeg.5a3b8c82dbe3e0128651e0208c547e1b.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

Trilby nods, respecting her wishes. "Very well. I won't press any further. Share only what you want to share."

But he stops walking just a moment to look at her camera, including the image she brought up. "Oh, that's a cloche. Similar to the bowler hat and the bucket hat, but clearly made with mares in mind. I have plenty of those at my shop too! Would you like to stop by? I promise, I can make custom hats super fast!"

@Dynamo Pad

"I've played it!... by myself."

One would wonder how someone plays tabletop with themselves, normally, but this one was odd.

"I dunno about being one with nature, but I can lift things! I'm okay at it. I could probably lift you, maybe! Or Astral!"

Her face said "dare me" but this probably wouldn't be a good idea in hindsight.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

@Dynamo Pad

Astral, being the well-educated unicorn that he was, decided to further expand Dynamo's beliefs and perception of magic.

"It's not entirely unlikely to think video game magic is a possibility. Magic itself in Equestria is a force that continues to leap between the laws of science and our own imaginations. We always use our minds to create wondrous new concepts, especially for things such as video games, that's what makes it an art. Given that our very thoughts are what shape the art of magic, you could say that the two forces are interconnected by nature. If you think it's a possibility, then magic can make it happen, so long as you put your heart into it."

Astral then pointed towards his own Cutie Mark, which was very peculiar in appearance. It seemed to represent two comet trails forming a perfect circle, which had stars connected to each head. These stars connected to two more within the circle, which then connected to a much larger star in the centre, giving the appearance of a constellation.

"I always loved to play with my imagination when I was a little foal, and I used those ideas to make my classmates laugh and cheer. However, once I discovered my own form of magic, I realized that I could use my abilities to help lots of ponies. Once that happened, I got my cutie mark, and started my journey into my studies as well as across Equestria". Astral figured this was all he needed to say on his own background, at least for the moment, though he hoped Dynamo would have his hopes lifted. However, the library was soon in sight, and Astral knew it would be time to start both of their mysteries.

Dynamo, still in the learning phases for the concept of magic, was intrigued. Hearing Astral's thoughts, as well as his reassurance was a breath fo fresh air to him. 

"Huh. I guess I never really thought about it that way. I mean, my old teacher who taught me video games didn't really know that much. Granted, he was an earth pony, but he had his utmost trust in me. I guess he sort of saw some magic potential, but I wasn't sure. He was the type of pony who would solve all violence and disputes with video games. As he philosophy was to solve things with games and not fists." He would say with a nod, before continuing. "I think I get the idea of using our minds to create new concepts. My mom is a prime example as she is a unicorn. Her special talent is dancing. She can use her magic to help make her dance moves more graceful. Since she likes to delve into teaching her students all kinds of dancing styles."

Dynamo looked to Astral, who pointed towards his own cutie mark. The gaming stallion took notice of the two comet trails forming into a full circle. All the while taking notice of his cutie mark looking like a constellation.

"I think that's pretty cool as you were able to be a sort of leader. That, or you had many great ideas to help benefit friends and the world of Equestria. It would have been cool if you were in my school. I was always kind to a fault, while trying my best to be there and help a friend in need. However, I had a bunch of bullies who took advantage of that kindness. They turned everyone at school against me as they made fun of me for not having a cutie mark or magic." He frowned as he wasn't a fan of remembering the old days. "At the very least, I was able to gain my cutie mark and magic through video games. I guess it was because I was finally able to stand up to my bullies. Along with finding the passionate feelings I had whenever I played video games. Sometimes, I feel as if I can understand the game character or I feel like I can be like them. Plus, I can understand what you mean about getting your classmates to laugh and cheer. What you said reminded me of my dad. He would always act like a goofball and act foolish to his work buddies. It was his way of getting them to laugh and make them smile. Whenever his friends were going through a difficult time in their lives, my dad would help them to smile. It was his way of helping others to smile when times got tough. Along with never letting the bad times to bring your spirits down." He would say as the library was soon within sight. 

6 minutes ago, Pastel-chan said:

@Dynamo Pad

"I've played it!... by myself."

One would wonder how someone plays tabletop with themselves, normally, but this one was odd.

"I dunno about being one with nature, but I can lift things! I'm okay at it. I could probably lift you, maybe! Or Astral!"

Her face said "dare me" but this probably wouldn't be a good idea in hindsight.

"You played Ogres and Oubliettes...by yourself? I can imagine one could play a tabletop game by trying solo simulations, or something along those lines. Sort of like trading cards or solitaire." He frowned, before an idea had come to mind. "Maybe we can see if they have Ogres and Oubliettes here in town. If so, then maybe we can get a group to play a campaign together. Not only that, but we can add that to the arcade. Add some variety so things don't become stale." 

He chuckled slightly at the mention of being lifted. "As tempting as an offer, I'll have to pass. Seeing as how I take your word for it and I don't doubt you. I may have an average build for a unicorn, but I can be a bit light when being lifted up by somepony. That's still pretty impressive being strong for an earth pony at your age."

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Samurai Equine

Shadow smiled “Sure, lead the way, Trilby” she said. She was happy to meet this stallion and to find this town, Friendshire If I could remember what path did I used to go here, i would also take my friends to this town and introduce them to this gentlecolt she thought as she walk beside Trilby. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Astral Vision

"Aww! I'll have to show you my unlimited power some other time then!"

She shrugged, seemingly brushing the issue aside.

"Ogres and Ounliettes with other people would be super fun though! I can show you my special character that I use as the dark side in my campaigns, mwehehe~"

One has to wonder what kind of evil Pastel could conjure up... She slid in front of Astral and looked up at him with huge, anime esque eyes.

"You'd play too... Riiiight?"

• Brohoof 2

@Windy Breeze

With a warm smile, Trilby leads the way. "It's been a while since I've had any customers that were interested in my hats. Most customers just want standard uniform clothing."

Together, they walk down a scenic road, one where there's more flowers and sights to behold. Clearly Trilby operates in a different, smaller shopping district than the bigger ones. When they finally get to his shop, the main sign on top says "Trilby's Hats", but there is a cheap secondary sign pasted right next to it that says "& Clothing". It is clear Trilby only wanted to make hats, but since there were no tailors in town, he had to offer clothing services too. And he hasn't had time to fix his sign so that it's all one piece instead of two.

Once inside, there is all kinds of hats, clothing, and accessories on display. "Please, make yourself at home, and feel free to browse. I'll be back with your order before you know it!" Using his unicorn magic, he grabs a black cloche off the display and goes into the back room to customize it."

15 minutes ago, Pastel-chan said:

@Dynamo Pad @Astral Vision

"Aww! I'll have to show you my unlimited power some other time then!"

She shrugged, seemingly brushing the issue aside.

"Ogres and Ounliettes with other people would be super fun though! I can show you my special character that I use as the dark side in my campaigns, mwehehe~"

One has to wonder what kind of evil Pastel could conjure up... She slid in front of Astral and looked up at him with huge, anime esque eyes.

"You'd play too... Riiiight?"

"Okay and you never know. You might use your unlimited power if there was ever any danger. Knowing you, I can see you lifting me up to get us out of danger's path." He chuckled, shaking his head as he dismissed the possibility of danger.

"Awesome!" He cheered with a grin. "Maybe we can make a list of any and all ideas that we can add to the arcade. That way, we'll see what works and what doesn't. It doesn't hurt to have multiple ideas." He would say, raising an eyebrow. "Oh? I haven't played OnO that much. So, I can't say I know much about the dark side of the campaign." He wondered, wondering how she was the Dungeon Master to make that kind of plot twist. 

@Astral Vision

Dynamo blinked as Pastel had disappeared, before looking to see that she had slid in front of Astral. His jaw dropped slightly in shock, before holding back a laugh at the situation Pastel had put Astral in. "I think she's got you trapped in a box, my good sir. I mean, how can someone say no to a face like that?" He whispered, while leaning next to Astral. 

@Samurai Equine

When she saw his business, she saw there's a cheap looking sign on the right side of the Main sign which makes out the name of the name Trilby's Hats & Clothing. It seemed the stallion was originally selling hat only but was forced to sell clothes as well. She came to halt and adjust her volume of her camera as well as the flash, she took picture of the shop before quickly following Trilby into the building.

When she was inside the shop, there are so many hats of different types in display! So many to choose from but she decided to choose black, she's a goth mare after all. 

"Please, make yourself at home, and feel free to browse. I'll be back with your order before you know it!" she tore her gaze away from the hats to nod at Trilby. She watch as he used his magic to grab a black cloche and disappear into the backroom. Shadow decided to silently pictures of some hats but remember what the stallion said and decided to stop. She didn't want to quickly ruin her new relationship and friendship with someone with a tragic history. After examining a few hats, she decided to check her purse. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw she had 9,269 bits in her purse. One of her boss was so kind to give her a lot of bits before she left Haytona. 

“Here, you might need these” 

The flashback made her daydream for a few second before she snap back to reality. As a freelance photographer, she will do her best to take some good pictures for their boss and probably make this town known as well as earning the prize her boss promised to give her if she was successful. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Windy Breeze

Fable decided to continue her search, and eventually stumbled upon two ponies. She didn't want to intrude, but what she wanted didn't really matter. So, without saying anything, she walked beside Windy and stared at them both curiously. She would observe these creatures, and hoped that some good would come out of it. Maybe they would know a way out of this dreadful place, or at least the way to a mail depot to she could send a letter to her family. 

@Emerald Heart

Shadow hadn't notice Fable, walking beside her when they were outside but she did notice her enter the shop. 

“Oh, good morning, miss” she greeted her casually as she put her purse back to her saddlebag “The haberdasher is at the back room” 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze, @Emerald Heart

It only took 2-3 minutes before Trilby comes out. "All right, I have-- Oh! Hello there." He waves at Fable. "One moment, please. I can only handle one customer at a time."

He gives Shadow the hat. "Here you go, I hope it's exactly as you wanted." He points out a nearby, wall-mounted mirror for her to look at.

While she tries it on, he turns to Fable. "Sorry about that. I hope you're enjoying the town. I noticed you came in with all the new citizens. My name is Trilby Hatter, I own this establishment. Can I interest you in anything specific? All hats and clothing are hoof-made by me, so if you want a custom piece, I can make it for you easily."

Edited by Samurai Equine

@Windy Breeze @Samurai Equine

"Hello." She responded, continuing to stare at the two ponies. These ones seem simple enough. "Might I inquire what you are doing in this peculiar establishment?" She asked Windy.

She turned to face the stallion who had just spoken to her, "No, not particularly." She looked around, "An unfamiliar environment... strange and ominous. It seems Mystique was correct yet again."

Edited by Emerald Heart

@Samurai Equine @Emerald Heart

“Thanks, Trilby. The hat looks so nice when they had flower flowers, atleast for my taste” she then turn to look at Fable as she tries the hat “Did I saw you somewhere in the town? I believe we haven't introduced ourselves. My name is Shadow Trail, a Freelance Photographer hailed from the city of Haytona” She then went to look at herself at the wall-mounted mirror pointed out by the haberdasher. She chuckled as she look at her own reflection “This hat suits me so well, I really love it!” she turn to face Tribly with a smile “How much is this?” 

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @ExplosionMare @Windy Breeze

Forest stopped dead in the very same place for half an hour or so, no word ever left his mouth, he was thinking about his dream yet again, it was like a nightmare for him, like a prediction, and if that was so, he would need allies.

Now more focused on his task he would need suits for his soon to be students, he walked through the town, map in hoof, searching for the closest cloth shop. After some time he reached a shop named Trilby's hat & clothing. He walked inside and saw a friendly face and two ponies who he hadn't met yet.

Hi Pencil! Hello miss, if you excuse me kind sir, I am looking for very peculiar clothing.

He seemed worried, in fact, he would have taken the time to speak to the other mare and get to know her but he was in a hurry and needed to act fast.

• Brohoof 1

@Emerald Heart. @Windy Breeze, @Bastian

"Just browsing then? Well, let me know if there is anything you need." Trilby gives Fable as much space as she needs.

Turning back to Shadow, Trilby mentally brohoofs himself. He's a natural at knowing what customers want and what looks good on them, but it still feels good whenever he gets it right. After that, he admires Shadow. "Yes, you do look good. ... In the hat, I mean." Nice save? He hears her question. "Well, usually, each piece clothing is 4 bits. But you're a new customer, so... Is 2 bits all right?"

As Shadow collects her money, Trilby leans to the side and waves when a new customer enters. "Hello! Welcome to Trilby's. That's me." He then hears he is looking for something. "Well, you are in luck. I make custom pieces and tailor existing articles of clothing. What can I help you with?"

Edited by Samurai Equine

@Bastian

Trilby smiles. "Why of cou--!!" His mood changes. "Kimonos? This isn't an order from that Samurai Equine fellow, is it? I swear, that stallion is so strange..." Still, an order is an order. "How many do you need? And do they need to be in authentic asian silk? That stuff is expensive to import. Samurai only asked for two kimonos, so now I have tons of it and I barely use it for anything."

It was a fact by now, most ponies were really nice and friendly and he was grateful for that.

A photographer? That really cool, my name is Forest, Forest Gum and I am a monk, I have traveled to many places but I have lived these last years in the Everfree Forest.

He turns to the shopkeeper.

Oh no, its not an order from him at all, we are similar in certain aspects that's all. I would appreciate authentic asian silk. As for how many I would say like twenty, don't worry about the money, I have enough.

@Bastian

“Yeah, it's really except for the fact I had to take some risks if I had to take a beautiful picture like what I did in Neighgara Falls” she said “Nice to meet you, Forest, we're in the same boat as you!” her smile fell into a frown “except I don't enter the Everfree Forest” her smile quickly went back “Yeah, I'm not from here, i'm kinda lost and had to stay here for several days” she explained. 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

Forest noticed her frown when she mentioned the Everfree but letted it slide, something darker of her past remained in the surrounding though, energies that weren't pleasant at all, he could see... Night, dark skies and... Nightmare Moon. He didn't dare to look further, it was her personal life after all.

Oh well, I bet you can take some interesting pictures in this town.

His demeanor changed into worry when the thoughts wouldn't leave his head.

What happened in the Everfree?

He had a stern face, like if he was a father ready to ground his kid.

• Brohoof 1