Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

(edited)

@CameoShadowness

On 7/22/2020 at 9:10 PM, CameoShadowness said:

@Ragland Tiger @Samurai Equine

Looking at the page Beryl got a very bad feeling but hid it well. "Poetry prophecy." she said unconsciously out loud. "stay." She took the page and shrunk it with amulet which shortly shrunk itself letting her carry both. "Be right right." She flew to the poetry section. There a old copy of the book //Predictions and Prophecies// stood. She shrunk it before taking it and took a look inside. She flipped through the book before landing on a page about a missing town. She flew over without reading thought the whole thing. "Here." She laid the book down before unshrinking it. She lifted to the right page and as she was showing it, she flipped to the next showing two of the pages missing! "wh-who tore da pages?!" After the two missing pages a copy of the page the mare gave her was repeated. She rushed to fly back only to find out this was the ONLY copy of //Predictions and Prophecies// this library had. "nononononononono! Why ruins books?!" Her tiny voice carried such anger.

Bluebell motioned for Beryl to come back.  She took the book, placed it on a table, and began skimming its other pages.  Reading more, her expression grew more serious, quickly absorbing and processing the verses and their meaning.  She turned to Beryl.

"This is im-important," said Bluebell. P-p-p-please, t-tell me what you- you know."  

Edited by Ragland Tiger
typo
  • Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

@Buck Testa

“I see” Sundae opened the door with her magic allowing her, Boulder, and the servant to come in. Even though the house look simple in the outside, the living room however is so diffirent. The walls are colored in dark brown which could remind someone of dark chocolate. Their was a light brown couch, a rectangle glass table facing a red chimney on the left by the doorway which leads to the kitchen. Behind the couch is the staircase. The color of the wood remained untouched, but the center of it is covered by a round  blue carpet with red stripes. On the wall opposite to them has a rectangle family frame hanging with several what it seems to be Sundae's family posing for the unseen camera with joyful smiles.

Boulder was surrounding by a raspberry red aura as he was set down on the couch “I'll go make some sandwiches at the kitchen. If you need anything, tell it to her” she said, referring to the servant who shut the door. 

The first time he had been lifted up by magic, it had been a disorienting experience. The closest thing he could compare it to was being selected on a computer screen and dragged around, but in real life. Whatever it was didn't constrict his movements normally, but it was perfectly capable of making his limbs and body position itself in different ways if it was stronger than he was, or if he didn't fight the manipulation. It didn't feel like much of anything, though he could see it highlighting his and hear the strange sounds it made. After a few times the novelty wore off, and now he found it rather annoying. These horned ponies could just yank him off the ground and plop him wherever they wanted whenever they felt like. He'd need to spend some time figuring a way around that. 

The house itself looked ostentatious, but more than that it looked so normal. It was almost Eerie how similar they were to humans. Their furniture, their hospitals, their buildings, they all bore striking resemblance to human craft. The couch he was sitting in had arm rests for crying out loud. These ponies don't even have arms! Perhaps they knew bipedal creatures? That could explain some of this, perhaps there were other species that were more human shaped than ponies were, and their architecture was made to be easily accessible to everyone. Or perhaps They imported the architecture sense from someplace else. 

"Whats your name?" He asked the maid, breaking the silence in the room after he had been lost in his train of thought. He didn't want to broach the topic of servitude just yet, since if it was anything like his home reality it was probably a sensitive subject.  

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad

Iron Shoal chuckled as the griffon ignored his question. Guess he wasn't willing to kiss and tell, he thought. Instead he just let him drive and addressed Dynamo.

"HAHA! THAT'S MY FILLY! SHE WILL SUPLEX THE UNIVERSE ONE DAY!"

He adjusted the turban so it fit perfectly back on his head. He himself has forgotten much about Ponysia since it's been so long, all he did know was that the dress code got him over as a foreign heel 30 years ago.

"Hah! I don't even remember the old customs I've been in Equestria so long! Ponies did like to boo me when I came out saying Ponysia #1 though! A showpony, though... That has a shady ring to it, Pad of the Dynamo! HAHA! I don't think she understands what she wants to do herself, still exploring and finding her place in the world and all that, eh? She's an odd filly, never cared about a cutie mark or destiny, simply living life out. Much like me! HAHA! Though she is more reckless than I am these days! I definitely think she loves feeling like a star, a performer, an "Idol" as she calls it. I think her unwillingness to commit keeps her from seeing what shes capable of, perhaps. I used to work with a Japony wrestler called Wild Thing! That suits my filly as well I believe!"

@Pastel Heart

"I guess she really will one day. Maybe perhaps suplex and take the world or universe by storm?" Dynamo smiled with a chuckle. He continued to listen to Iron as he explained about his old customs about Ponysia. "I guess there weren't that many ponies or fans that weren't really a fan of you in wrestling? I suppose there will be those that want to be your fan, or those that don't see eye to eye?" He shrugged as he didn't really understand. "I'm sorry and I hope I didn't say anything wrong. I meant showpony in a good way, but I guess it could be seen in a bad sort of way? That's true when you put it that way, though. She still has time before discovering who she truly wants to be. It gives her options on what she likes in order to find her special gift/talent. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone that hasn't cared about a cutie mark or destiny. I think it's interesting to find that she thinks differently. Most teachers and adults in my town always wanted their children to find their special talents. I guess it's better to live out your life and see what's out there in the world." Dynamo concluded, smiling as he would support his friend no matter what she decided. "The way she sang during the event, she did seem like an idol, in a way. Is it bad that she's unwilling to commit, sir? I remember you said her living out life and her not caring of a cutie mark, or destiny. It seemed like a good thing from how you put it." He didn't know of the wrestler name, but it didn't sound like a bad thing from how Iron had put it. He supposed he could leave the subject alone for the time being.

9 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel Heart

"There may be a gaming or anime dimension out there, you never know Dynamo." Thundy said as he drove through the dirt trail. "And yea, I know a lot of wrestlers back in my world who were complete showoffs. You have this one named John Cena who absolutely took the wrestling world by storm when he debuted, even though he lost his debut match. Then there is Triple H, who was completely hated when he debuted. And then you have Heath Slater. Ugh, I absolutely hated that guy. He had this one series where he thought he could beat any legendary wrestler. He only beat one out of eight legends. I'm like "Way to put Slater in his place."" Thundy stated.

@C. Thunder Dash

The gamer pony quickly turned his attention back to Thundy in shock as he heard the news. "You mean, there might actually be a gaming dimension!? I can't believe it! I always wondered if there was and I never stopped believing. Some called me crazy to think that such a thing could exist, but I never gave up. It sort of tied into the whole Haycart method. I remember talking about Haycart before, but we never got to continue the discussion. There's a spell that allows you to go into a book. Almost like being inside the pages of the book as actual drawings and text. I had wondered if such a spell could work to where you could go right into a video game. However, I haven't fully tested a spell to see if it was possible. Although, it seems like what you said might have some more merit and/or possibilities to look into." He smiled as as the male griffon began to drive down the dirt trail. He tilted his head in confusion as Thundy had begun to talk to Iron about wrestlers from his old dimension. He didn't truly understand, but it seemed there was some stories behind each wrestler's career, or something along those lines.

• Brohoof 1

Thundy could see the dunes up ahead through the trees. "Yea, you could jump right into a videogame world with certain spells. I love doing that, especially on harder levels where my custom character and I could work together to complete it. What's so cool about it is, the game is a completely new world. You can freely interact with characters. I know some unicorns who have tried to replicate my version of the spell, but the characters stay true to the script and you don't wanna know what happens if they try to force the characters to go off script. I've had to rescue a unicorn who had that situation." Thundy said as he arrived at the dunes and came to a stop. "Alright you two, here we are." Thundy said as he saw the giant dunes straight ahead. 

• Brohoof 1

@Astral Vision

Upon Astral's request, one of the desk workers promptly gets up, find the correct file in the filing cabinet, and gives it to Astral. It's not enough to complete the book, but it does contain 10 information-packed pages!

Trilby walks with Astral as they leave the mayor's office. He blushes lightly and waves his hoof. "Oh, go on. Compliments will get you everywhere, my friend. But since this means so much to you, I'll keep talking to Mayor White. Maybe I can convince him to give you a pair of keys to this place. He's very selective about the regulars in his office." Trilby explains.

But soon, Trilby is taken back by the sudden gift. "A ruby?!" He thinks about it, but pushes it back. "No, Astral... I can't. Really. If I take that, it'll feel like you're paying me for this, and I all ready get plenty of payments. In fact, I'm juggling 3 different jobs. I've got my clothing store, I'm the mayor's aid, and I'm Dr. Milenko's assistant." Trilby gives a soft, but thankful smile. "But if you really, really want to do something for me... You could always be sure to visit Dr. Milenko more often, and be sure to tell everypony you know about him and his services. He's been wanting me to advertise for him lately."

As Trilby explains this, a dark aura surrounds him and fills his eyes suddenly. "He really wants to give everyone a sense of happiness and peace. He works so hard to make everyone happy..." Trilby says, as if deeply fixated. It's happening again; Astral has seen this before. It's like he's not even the same pony when this happens. And it's almost like there's a hint of magic there; a magic that isn't Trilby's.

@Ragland Tiger, @CameoShadowness

The library mare wasn't sure how to answer Beryl. It was a good thing Bluebell came back to distract her. She gives a sigh of relief. "The founder is going to be upset for sure..." She says to herself. Still, it look like Bluebell may have found something important. Quietly, she walks out from behind her desk to see what she and Beryl are talking about, completely curious.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

The library mare wasn't sure how to answer Beryl. It was a good thing Bluebell came back to distract her. She gives a sigh of relief. "The founder is going to be upset for sure..." She says to herself. Still, it look like Bluebell may have found something important. Quietly, she walks out from behind her desk to see what she and Beryl are talking about, completely curious.

Beryl comes back and sighs. "Dere's a wind pony going around to make chaos. The two mayors maybe... given Mayor White..." Her head was foggy and she again seemed in pain, it was almost as if someone- or thing- was forcing her head to be unclear. Even with the lack of sleep, she shouldn't be THIS disorganized with her thoughts. "I... I can't..." She felt tears swelling up. Something was wrong and she didn't know why. "I don't know but I cant..." S=It was obvious she was in a lot of pain from the foggy memories. 

• Brohoof 1

@Boulder Dash

“Server, sir” Server said politely “I work for Ms. Delight” she remain in her place, standing like a guard except she actually show emotions “I consider you lucky, Delight decided to let you stay in her house. Me and the other servants will serve both of you” she told him.

Sundae soon came back with two trays floating beside her. The tray consist of 12 sandwiches with cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomato, and daisies. The other tray consists of 12 ice creams. She set them down on the table “Server, call in the other servants” Server obeyed and went up the second floor. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@CameoShadowness, @Ragland Tiger

The library mare waves her hooves at Beryl. "Eh...~! Please don't strain yourself like that. Breezies are super fragile, right? If you want, I can always take you back to the butterfly garden, unless you prefer freedom instead? All this time, I just thought it was a legend..." The library mare says, not realizing she just said something weird.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

@Boulder Dash

“Server, sir” Server said politely “I work for Ms. Delight” she remain in her place, standing like a guard except she actually show emotions “I consider you lucky, Delight decided to let you stay in her house. Me and the other servants will serve both of you” she told him.

Sundae soon came back with two trays floating beside her. The tray consist of 12 sandwiches with cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomato, and daisies. The other tray consists of 12 ice creams. She set them down on the table “Server, call in the other servants” Server obeyed and went up the second floor. 

Boulder gulped at the name of The servant. A pony who was actually named Server? How did that happen? Was she renamed or was she given that name as a foal? Does that mean she was meant to be a servant? There was way too much that Boulder did not know and it was putting him visibly on edge. That was only heightened when the ostentatious tray was placed down before him with all the sandwiches and ice cream. With how his mind had been brewing and over examining everything, he was half expecting this to be some kind of trap. Was she going to capture him like the Diamond Dogs did and make him a servant? When was the other shoe going to drop? The anxiety was becoming visibly apparent as Sundae called for more of her servants. How many of them were there? What were they planning on doing? Sure it seemed like the sandwiches were to share but what if that was just a ruse? 

His eyes scanned around for the door, taking note of it as he felt himself start to grow more panicked. He didn't know anything about these ponies, how many of them were in this building, what their intentions were, none of it. He tried to keep himself calm, but his body was having a hard time managing his own turbulent thoughts and it was manifesting in his body starting to shake as he pressed himself against the couch. That horn could stop him from running away. It could snag him right up off the ground if he made a break for it and then he'd be in trouble for sure then. Even as he thought that it was was starting to get hard to remember to breathe. He had been subconsciously holding his breath off and on since Server mentioned her name. 

As much as he'd like to think he was keeping his growing panic under control, his youthful features and body language were screaming otherwise. Even his coat looked like it was standing on end. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 2

@Pastel Heart

Silver would soon catch up with Pastel, who was waving at him from inside a games store.

“Slowpoke, huh~?” He questioned playfully. “Might’ve had something to do with that massive head start I gave you!” He said jokingly.

Silver quickly scanned the store and noticed two things. First off, they seemed to have a little bit of everything in here, from board and card games, to comics and…well…some things Silver wasn’t so familiar with. Nearest as he could figure, they looked to be a portable version of those arcade games he had spent way too much time playing in Las Pegasus. This store could prove to be dangerous for the Kirin, in more ways than one. The other thing he noticed was the rather large pile of stuff that had accumulated on the floor in the aftermath of hurricane Pastel. Silver looked back at Pastel and remembered that she had leaned into him, awaiting a response. The Kirin figured it would probably be best to give her a response before she fell over.

“Sorry, Pastel, I got distracted.” he replied as he used his magic to try and put some of the merchandise back on the shelves. “You know, until I started on my adventures, I had no idea any of this arcade or portable gaming systems existed. Kirin Grove, which is the village most Kirin are from, is a very isolated place that’s kinda stuck several years in the past, compared to the rest of Equestria. So, I’ve been discovering new stuff all the time. I first discovered arcade games were a thing back in Las Pegasus, and uh, I may have spent a few too many bits playing ‘em.” Silver chuckled. “When you ask if I play games, yea, I guess I do now!”

Silver also heard something about griffons. He was glad to hear that the ones here were a lot more sociable than the ones he had met in his travels. “To be honest, I don’t really know much about griffons. Another race I’ve only met in my travels. Have you met them at all, any idea what they’re like?” He asked, hoping she knew something about them.

Then she asked about what Silver wanted. “That’s a tough one.” He mused. “I really have been enjoying gaming when I can, but you know what’s really hard to find when you live in the middle of scenic nowhere? Proper art supplies. Kirin have a huuuge culture of singing, dancing, acting, drawing, and painting! In particular, I liked drawing, so some new pencils, paper, or other things like that would be nice. I know, probably sounds super lame, but I enjoy it.”

Silver looked towards Pastel, almost as if there were somepony behind her that she couldn’t see. If one were a unicorn or could sense magic, they could feel it suddenly radiating off him, like heat coming off pavement on a hot summer day. “I’d bet you’re a great singer! I wasn’t at that concert you had, but I’m sure you did great!” Then, Silver continued as if he had said nothing, and as quickly as it appeared, the magic was gone. “What about you, Pastel, what’s cool and interesting to you around here?” He asked with a smile.

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

"I never knew you could go and use a custom character to go along with you. I suppose it depends on the whole game you would go to, of course. It makes me pretty psyched to know that games could be considered a new world. I have to tell the others at some point. They'll be surprised, or they might not believe me." Dynamo chuckled, his eyebrows raising slightly. "It would be interesting to practice the spell more and to see if it's possible to use. At least the characters stay true to the script, but I am wondering something. You said that you don't want to force a character to go off script. I know you said you rescued a unicorn, but what happens if you go off script?" He asks as they arrived at the dunes. "Wow. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I've been in town for a while, but I never had the opportunity to explore all that much. This is the first time I ever knew about the dunes. This is a pretty interesting location, in my opinion." He responded, staring ahead at the dunes.

• Brohoof 2

@Buck Testa

Sundae noticed something off: Boulder didn't seem happy. She frowned “What's wrong Boulder?” Server began to notice it as well, giving her newest master a concerned look. 

“Mr. Dash, is there something wrong?” did she said something wrong? All she did is talk to him and introduce herself.

“Boulder, are you okay?” Sundae became worried. The doctors said he was fine but it looks like he's having a panic attack. Before she could say anything, a voice interrupted him.

“Is there something wrong, madame Delight?” grouped on the stairs was 12 ponies, wearing white and black outsides consisting young healthy-looking mares and stallions of all three kinds of ponies. Standing infront of them like a leader is an elderly stallion “Whoa, madame, when did you have daughter?” 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

Pencil stopped short as Chelsea paused to allow them both to see a manta ray before it passed. Pencil wasn’t sure why at first, but as Chelsea began petting it, she understood. When Chelsea was done, Pencil extended a hoof out to it and stroked the top of its head. The manta ray felt like what one would expect a sea creature to feel like, but it was also surprisingly soft.

“Awww!” Pencil squealed. She couldn’t help herself, the little manta was too cute. Much to her dismay, her shrill squealing scared the creature off. Its fins flapped up and down in rapid movements as it sped off.

Pencil looked down in embarrassment, but was soon distracted by the vast coral reef below her. It was so vibrant and so full of life. Pencil’s smile returned as she swam down to browse the reef. She began by touching the coral but, unlike the manta, it was rough like concrete. Pencil decided not to touch anything and just look around at her surroundings instead.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"Hah! It's hardly a bad thing bubba! Individuality keeps us unique, and my filly is unique, it's an Equestrian thing, yes? She will embrace her talents when the time is right I say! Not an old stallions place to decide these things, eh?"

He was pretty laid back, well, in some respects. Seemed like he wanted to give Pastel the freedom to be herself first and foremost.

@C. Thunder Dash

Arriving at the destination, Iron Shoal wasted no time busting out of the car and bringing out a beer.

"NEW LOCATION! COLD BEER!"

He wasn't sure what to do here, so he did what he does best. Get drunk and make a scene. A true role model.

----------------------------------------------

@GeneralDirection

Pastel pouted and puffed her cheeks out, unwilling to admit defeat. 

"Nuh uh, I'm the fastest thing alive! I'll die on this hill tonight!"

After a tiny moe blob tantrum she looked up in wonder at Silver as he talked. This is her first time ever seeing a Kirin so she couldn't help but look incredibly curious, it was harmless even if seeming a bit nosy. 

"So, you were like, stuck in time? Maybe if you bring stuff back to your village it'll catch on and upstart a cultural revolution! An Outbreak Company! Kirin tech revolution, nyahaha~ I like singing and dancing though! I'll do it again soon, someday, hopefully, maybe!"

Not missing a beat, she was able to verbally keep up with Silver, way too much energy in this one.

"I say get a mini arcade machine then! Las Pegasus seems cool; grandpa always said he did shows there a long time ago! He got a drink thrown on him he said! As for meee, I think I'm gonna get this!"

And just like that, she was off. She grabbed a... rather different looking game. It was a cartoony and animated looking cartridge, but something was off about it. "Mature audiences only", it said. Odd for a cute looking game. Maybe it was a mistake? Maybe someone in the game just had a bad fur day.

"Aha! It's here! This time, nopony is gonna stop me from getting it, nya ha ha~ psst, hey, if anyone asks, this is yours. Got it?"

She winks at Silver, instantly pulling him into a conspiracy with no permission. 

• Brohoof 3

@ExplosionMare

(OOC: It was a larger manta ray.)

"Looks like that one is a shy one..." Chelsea said as she continue to swim. Suddenly, there was a little moan from somewhere...and out of a large reef came a baby humpback whale. It appeared to be lost. It sort of nuzzled against Chelsea. Chelsea eeped softly, for the baby whale nuzzled a sensitive spot. She turned to the baby whale. "Awww what's wrong little whale?" She asked. The baby humpback whale moaned signalling that it had lost its mother. "Oh no...Pencil, we should help this baby whale find its mother." Chelsea said. 

"The game would go corrupt and the world will start to collapse itself, like a black hole that sucks in everything. It's like if someone were to go back in time and their past self would see their future self. There would be a rip in the time/space continuum, which will cause the flow of time to stop and collapse in itself. This is why my spell is much better because it frees you from the possibility of that happening. You could make your own adventures or stick to the ones already given in the game. Anyway, let's do some dune hopping!" Thundy said excitedly as he mashed the gas and the raptor accelerated hard up to 70mph in a mere 1.8 seconds towards the dunes. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

(OOC: Oh, I meant little as a term of endearment if that makes sense. I was just saying little cause it was cute.)

Pencil heard a soft but almost sad-sounding moan from a distant. Her face tightened as her concern grew for whatever creature had made the sound. The sound had gotten louder, so much so that it frightened Pencil a little. There was a figure in the distance attached to the sound floating towards the duo. Upon its entry, Pencil could make out the figure and saw that it was a baby humpback whale.

Wonder what a little whale’s doing all the way out here Pencil thought.

The whale, seemingly nervous, had gone to Chelsea for comfort. Also, from what Pencil could tell, they were ...communicating? Pencil knew Chelsea’s abilities had to do with water, so perhaps marine animal communication was possible. She would have to ask about it later.

“The whale is lost?” Pencil said pitifully as Chelsea translated the whale’s speech to her. “Yeah, we can help it find its mom!” She turned to speak to the whale.

“Don’t worry, we’ll help you find your mom! For now you can stick with us,” she told it in that shrill voice older ponies use around foals. She hadn’t meant to sound so high-pitched, but she couldn’t help but talk that way around cute animals.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

Chelsea swam beside the baby whale. It let out moans trying to call it’s mother. A large school of solar fish were swimming about up ahead. They looked like a tornado. Chelsea continued to swim towards the solar fish as the baby while continued to moan. 

• Brohoof 2

18 hours ago, CameoShadowness said:

Beryl comes back and sighs. "Dere's a wind pony going around to make chaos. The two mayors maybe... given Mayor White..." Her head was foggy and she again seemed in pain, it was almost as if someone- or thing- was forcing her head to be unclear. Even with the lack of sleep, she shouldn't be THIS disorganized with her thoughts. "I... I can't..." She felt tears swelling up. Something was wrong and she didn't know why. "I don't know but I cant..." S=It was obvious she was in a lot of pain from the foggy memories. 

"Oh, d-d-d-dear,"  said Bluebell, "You m-must have gone-gone through something t-terrible."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, Ragland Tiger said:

"Oh, d-d-d-dear,"  said Bluebell, "You m-must have gone-gone through something t-terrible."

22 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@CameoShadowness, @Ragland Tiger

The library mare waves her hooves at Beryl. "Eh...~! Please don't strain yourself like that. Breezies are super fragile, right? If you want, I can always take you back to the butterfly garden, unless you prefer freedom instead? All this time, I just thought it was a legend..." The library mare says, not realizing she just said something weird.

Beryl shakes her head before the Artifact forced her to grow to the size of a normal mare. "I'm okay but can't say for everyone else." Due to her larger size her voice was notably deeper but it was still clearly her voice. She then turns to the library before growing slightly larger. "And what do you mean 'prefer freedom instead'? What legend are you talking about." It was soon obvious that her large form wasn't stable and she would shrink back to normal size soon. She looked angry before shrinking back down.

Edited by CameoShadowness
Little fix up.
  • Brohoof 1

@Emerald Heart, @Pastel Heart, @GeneralDirection

Samurai notices Fable isn't answering his questions right away. "I hope I didn't cross a line by asking about your friend."
He knows Fable likes to keep to herself, so he'd understand if she doesn't like making too much idle chitchat.

While Pastel and Silver are looking at various things, he notices Silver isn't really picking anything for himself. He's also hoping they won't take too much time picking stuff out, but that's up to them. For now, Samurai looks over and sees that some of the shops are closed and available for any new businesses that want to rent space in the mall. "How sad... This mall could really use more business. I guess some ponies left because they felt like there wasn't enough opportunity here. Maybe Trilby would consider opening up a second location in here?" Samurai thinks outloud.

Seeing the artifact effect Beryl so wildly, the library mare squees in fear, panics, and quickly snatches the artifact before Beryl can turn into a giant or something. Afterwards, Beryl's questions confuse her. "Y-you mean... You mean you DIDN'T come from the butterfly garden next door?"

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

( @Samurai Equine I am so sorry I didn't see the original notification.)

Fable shook her head, "It's not a problem. I was just deep in thought." She admitted, "Her name is Emerald Heart, and she is quite the talker. She loves having people get along cation, but will also gladly beat somepony to a pulp if they insulted or hurt one of us." She shook her head and chuckled again, "Emerald is unique in her own way. Very sarcastic, very blunt, she tends to seem frightening on your first impression. But she's such a kind mare. I wouldn’t give her up for the world."

Edited by Emerald Heart
  • Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Astral Vision

Upon Astral's request, one of the desk workers promptly gets up, find the correct file in the filing cabinet, and gives it to Astral. It's not enough to complete the book, but it does contain 10 information-packed pages!

Trilby walks with Astral as they leave the mayor's office. He blushes lightly and waves his hoof. "Oh, go on. Compliments will get you everywhere, my friend. But since this means so much to you, I'll keep talking to Mayor White. Maybe I can convince him to give you a pair of keys to this place. He's very selective about the regulars in his office." Trilby explains.

But soon, Trilby is taken back by the sudden gift. "A ruby?!" He thinks about it, but pushes it back. "No, Astral... I can't. Really. If I take that, it'll feel like you're paying me for this, and I all ready get plenty of payments. In fact, I'm juggling 3 different jobs. I've got my clothing store, I'm the mayor's aid, and I'm Dr. Milenko's assistant." Trilby gives a soft, but thankful smile. "But if you really, really want to do something for me... You could always be sure to visit Dr. Milenko more often, and be sure to tell everypony you know about him and his services. He's been wanting me to advertise for him lately."

As Trilby explains this, a dark aura surrounds him and fills his eyes suddenly. "He really wants to give everyone a sense of happiness and peace. He works so hard to make everyone happy..." Trilby says, as if deeply fixated. It's happening again; Astral has seen this before. It's like he's not even the same pony when this happens. And it's almost like there's a hint of magic there; a magic that isn't Trilby's.

@Samurai Equine

As the two ponies departed from the Mayor's secret office, Astral chuckled at Trilby's flustered expression, and in spite of the latter's request used his magic to levitate the ruby directly into the fashion pony's hat.

"Well if you're working three jobs then you must be exhausted, all the more reason for you to need support. And don't think of it as a payment, think of it for what it is; a gift that was given to express gratitude, a gift from a friend. And thank you for your offer in further assistance, the more I can learn about Friendshire, the closer I'll be to saving it with the others."

Astral then gave Trilby a warm smile, though his cheeks began to droop in concern as Trilby's expression changed; the unicorn's eyes were blank, almost as if he were possessed by an unknown power. Astral remembered he had seen this nature of Trilby before, at the race track, though it was only a brief glimpse.

"Trilby, are you okay?.."

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Hah! It's hardly a bad thing bubba! Individuality keeps us unique, and my filly is unique, it's an Equestrian thing, yes? She will embrace her talents when the time is right I say! Not an old stallions place to decide these things, eh?"

He was pretty laid back, well, in some respects. Seemed like he wanted to give Pastel the freedom to be herself first and foremost.

"You can say that again, Mr. Shoal." Dynamo responded with a nod, before continuing. "It's better to be unique than to be the same. If everyone was the same, then Equestria would be a very boring place to live in." He shuddered as he didn't want to think of such a thought. "I know that whatever choice she makes, then I'm all for it. I'll be there to support her in her dream, no matter what it is. You do have a point, but I guess a slight nudge in the right direction wouldn't be a bad idea."

8 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

"The game would go corrupt and the world will start to collapse itself, like a black hole that sucks in everything. It's like if someone were to go back in time and their past self would see their future self. There would be a rip in the time/space continuum, which will cause the flow of time to stop and collapse in itself. This is why my spell is much better because it frees you from the possibility of that happening. You could make your own adventures or stick to the ones already given in the game. Anyway, let's do some dune hopping!" Thundy said excitedly as he mashed the gas and the raptor accelerated hard up to 70mph in a mere 1.8 seconds towards the dunes. 

Dynamo's eyes widened in shock, before a look of understanding overcame him. "I guess I can see how that would happen. I remember something like that happened in the Dragonball Xenoverse games. It was all about being a Time Patrol to make sure the timeline of the DBZ series stayed on track. If anything went haywire or not in the correct events, then the world would have collapsed." He remembered playing that game at one point. While it was fun, it was still a dangerous thing to tamper with time/history. "I didn't know your spell could free you up from that possibility. I don't know if it's something anyone can learn or if it's just you. However, I might have to stick with you if we went on our own adventure. I wouldn't want to take any kind of risks if I went into a possible game world." He responded, before hearing the mention of dune hopping. "Um..." He gulped with a sudden shake. "T-This is safe, r-right? We aren't going to get hurt in any sort of way, right?" His eyes soon widened as the vehicle soon accelerated to 70 mph in seconds.

• Brohoof 1

"I have that game. I've nearly beaten it as well. "And dune hopping is very safe. Just gotta make sure your suspension is in great condition and you've adjusted it to take landings." Thundy said as he started to go up a dune. "Here we go! First one!" Thundy said smiling. He then engaged the secondary turbos. More acceleration was felt as the raptor hit the peak of the dune and soared into the air giving Thundy and the others the sensation of weightlessness. "Woo!" Thundy yelled with glee. The raptor began to fall back to ground after 4 seconds. "Brace!" Thundy called out as he gripped the steering wheel tightly. The raptor landed firmly back on the sandy ground, the suspension giving a cushion. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

Chelsea and Pencil had swam around for a while, yet the whale’s mother was no where in sight. Pencil honestly felt she was of no help because she couldn’t even communicate to the whale or understand it. She felt like she was just tagging along (not that she had much choice, seeing as she had nowhere else to go). In spite of them, she was hopeful they would find the mother eventually once they swam around enough.

Pencil kept an eye out for any larger whales, but so far came up with nothing. She saw a few shadows here and there, but nothing that really resembled a whale. Feeling almost as lost as this baby whale, Pencil asked Chelsea,

“Have you seen anything that resembles a large whale yet? I can’t seem to find anything,”